• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
That's also when his kinslaying juices start pumping into his veins. I like how the show has never brought up that Jaime is a kinslayer.

Tywin: "so the Starks told us what happened to your cousin. I received a raven right before Catlyn Stark freed you."

Jaime: "oh shit..."

Vashetti

Banned
That's also when his kinslaying juices start pumping into his veins. I like how the show has never brought up that Jaime is a kinslayer.

Tywin: "so the Starks told us what happened to your cousin. I received a raven right before Catlyn Stark freed you."

Jaime: "oh shit..."

They did when Jaime and Tyrion were sat in Tyrion's cell before Oberyn vs. the Mountain. And Jaime asks if there's a word for cousin-killing, '____icide'.

Heshinsi

They did when Jaime and Tyrion were sat in Tyrion's cell before Oberyn vs. the Mountain. And Jaime asks if there's a word for cousin-killing, '____icide'.
Huh, I never even thought of that. But Jaime didn't even feel remorse at all though. They were having a laugh weren't they?

Jessensor

I'm worried about Littlefinger. Was it ever revealed that he called the hit on Bran? I haven't rewatched the first few seasons in a while.

If he did, does Bran now know? If he doesn't does Littlefinger think he does because of the "Chaos is a ladder" comment?

He is such a snake and I wish he would leave.

Ferrio

Banned
I'm worried about Littlefinger. Was it ever revealed that he called the hit on Bran? I haven't rewatched the first few seasons in a while.

If he did, does Bran now know? If he doesn't does Littlefinger think he does because of the "Chaos is a ladder" comment?

Yes and yes.

edit: Wait we didn't get a confirmation? God damned this show is so muddy in my mind, I need to rewatch earlier seasons. Bran definitely knows though.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops

Nah, we never got a confirmation for who did it. All we know is that that killer used that dagger and Littlefinger says he lost it gambling with Tyrion. So it's assumed Littlefinger did it but it could've been someone else.

Heshinsi

No, and it doesn't make any sense for it to be LF when you look at the timeline.

gun_haver

Nah, we never got a confirmation for who did it. All we know is that that killer used that dagger and Littlefinger says he lost it gambling with Tyrion. So it's assumed Littlefinger did it but it could've been someone else.

Why would Littlefinger do that? The only reason I can think of is that he wanted to start a feud between the Lannisters and the Starks, but Jamie actually did try to kill Bran and that feud was well on its way anyway - plus, at this time, Littlefinger was still getting a sense for Ned and whether he should thrown in with the Starks to seize power. It was only when it was clear Ned wasn't going to take power that Littlefinger betrayed him, and sided with the Lannisters.

Bran had never met Littlefinger, and Littlefinger wasn't involved in Bran's fall in any way. Plus, if you consider his love for Cat genuine, I think he would be somewhat demotivated to kill one of her children even if it did provide him some political advantage which, at that time, it didn't.

So I don't get why it would have been Littlefinger. He said that he lost the knife to Tyrion in a gamble, and I can easily see that knife making it's way into Cersei or Jamie's hands - both of whom had very good reason to finish Bran off and who absolutely would have done so at that time.

So I can't see it having been Littlefinger. Doesn't make much sense at all.

The only strange thing about it is that this assassin was given a Valyrian steel knife in the first place. That only invites suspiscion and, with them being so rare, makes the knife itself traceable. Whoever did order the attempt on Bran is either stupid, or wanted them to eventually find out who they are.

Volimar

The only way it would make sense to me for LF to be involved is if Cersei wanted Bran dead and went through Littlefinger to do it. Blaming it on the brother she despises in case things go south would just be icing on the cake.

gun_haver

The only way it would make sense to me for LF to be involved is if Cersei wanted Bran dead and went through Littlefinger to do it. Blaming it on the brother she despises in case things go south would just be icing on the cake.

This is the only way it makes sense - Littlefinger might have been the one to set up the logistics of it on Cersei or Jamie's orders, and intentionally supplied a knife which would implicate the Lannisters in the hit to put the Starks on the trail - not out of allegiance to the Starks (at this time, he hadn't decided for or against them), but mainly just to exacerbate a rift in the kingdom which he could later exploit.

That does make sense, but it doesn't make him responsible for the assassin. It would have happened with or without him, but the way he did it made it obvious the Lannisters were involved.

Einchy

Well, no one knew for sure anyone pushed Bran, people just assumed he might've fallen because he liked to climb Winterfell. Once he fell down, Littlefinger could've taken this chance to have Bran killed with the dagger that Tyrion allegedly owned, and with Lysa's letter framing the Lannisters for Jon Arryn's death, you've pretty much got both the Starks and Lannisters at each other's throats.

[edit]

Also, I think we can all agree it wasn't Tyrion who sent for Bran to be killed, which then makes no sense for Cersei or Jaime to have access to the dagger since he says it wasn't his to begin with.

I thought it was revealed at some point that it was Joffrey who stole the dagger and then sent the assassin after Bran, as in his head, it was more "humane" for Bran to die than to live a cripple. Am I mistaken?

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
East Watch is south of the wall, right?

If so, and the White Walkers make it to East Watch next week then that means the moment of them getting past/through the wall happens on Sunday and we finally figure out how they do it(if they do)?

holy shit how young he looks there.

That's nothing

sansa_arya_bran_rickon_by_gadechii-d4oxx3c.jpg

You can tell Old Man Tarly is a piece of shit because he looked sad when Jaime didn't give him outright permission to whip the stragglers.

Also, from episode 4: it was so dumb when
1) Bron hit Drogon with the ballista, 2) he managed to leap out of the way before Drogon torched said ballista a few seconds later, and 3) Bron saved Jaime from being torched and the water they fell into happened to be about 30 feet deep.

Other than that, it was a really good episode. Nice to see Dany finally fucking do something.

Guevara

Went back to watch Season 1: Ep 1 and the very first scene, before the title even, is white walkers making weird symbols out of corpses, and then various repercussions of that.

Totally forgot that was how the whole series began.

The next major scene is the discovery of the direwolf pups.

You can tell Old Man Tarly is a piece of shit because he looked sad when Jaime didn't give him outright permission to whip the stragglers.

Also, from episode 4: it was so dumb when
1) Bron hit Drogon with the ballista, 2) he managed to leap out of the way before Drogon torched said ballista a few seconds later, and 3) Bron saved Jaime from being torched and the water they fell into happened to be about 30 feet deep.

Other than that, it was a really good episode. Nice to see Dany finally fucking do something.

Yeah dude gave me Roose Bolton vibes :/

Einchy

Sam did say his dad told him that if he didn't join the Night's Watch he would kill him. Dude is pretty nuts.

Nameless

Well, no one knew for sure anyone pushed Bran, people just assumed he might've fallen because he liked to climb Winterfell. Once he fell down, Littlefinger could've taken this chance to have Bran killed with the dagger that Tyrion allegedly owned, and with Lysa's letter framing the Lannisters for Jon Arryn's death, you've pretty much got both the Starks and Lannisters at each other's throats.

[edit]

Also, I think we can all agree it wasn't Tyrion who sent for Bran to be killed, which then makes no sense for Cersei or Jaime to have access to the dagger since he says it wasn't his to begin with.

After the S4 reveal I assumed Littlefinger sent the assassin to further stoke hostility between the Starks and Lannisters. But I'm not so sure after the scene with Bran this episode.

It would be a cool twist if it was Tyrion. Notice how he notices his siblings' reaction to the news Bran might live. He isn't stupid. Also the assassin calls it "a mercy" which is how Tyrion would rationalize it on top of protecting his brother and likely preventing a Wolf-Lion war.

Imagine if Cat had the right guy all along and he got off like OJ. Tyrion could use some dirt on his hands IMO.

gun_haver

I think - unless I'm missing something - the simple and probably correct answer is that Jamie and/or Cersei sent the assassin and he was given Tyrion's knife, which Tyrion probably didn't have guarded in a display case because he doesn't care about knives.

Einchy

I think - unless I'm missing something - the simple and probably correct answer is that Jamie and/or Cersei sent the assassin and he was given Tyrion's knife, which Tyrion probably didn't have guarded in a display case because he doesn't care about knives.
But he didn't own the knife.

If you believe it wasn't him, then you also gotta believe that it wasn't his.

Nameless

We already know it wasn't Cersei or Jaime given the conversation they have the episode after the attempt on Bran

2:38 - https://youtu.be/jVLoFYU-3sI

None of that makes sense if they just tried to have him killed before he woke.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
well I'd like to see Missandei ask her about him just like Davos asked Jon.
I mean, both Davos and Missandei managed to melt into the background when Jon took Dany deep inside the cave. I think they know what's up.

That scene was hilarious. I knew right away Jon was going to get embarrassed and try to change the subject to some wet blanket shit like the Night King. But they wouldn't include that scene if it wasn't going there in the plot so you have to be pretty heavily in denial to think Jon/Dany isn't happening.

wandering

Banned
This was great, reminds me how shitty Ned was. For all the love his kids have for him, he wasn't the brightest or the most strategic and he made some incredibly costly errors. He was pretty preachy, too.

Ned doesn't have any idea of what Jaime went through, all he knows is that he murdered the king he was supposed to protect once his own family was in danger but had no problem standing by when said king burned the elder Starks alive. Plus up till that point every time we saw Jaime he was acting like a little shit.

-griffy-

Banned

[edit]

This is what I assumed. Remember at this point he and Varys had ears and eyes EVERYWHERE keeping tabs on things involving the crown. There's no way Littlefinger didn't know that Bran had fallen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom