• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
This may be old and have been theorized before, I don't really scour the internet for fan theories, I pretty much stick to a forum or two, but I'm thinking that at some point we're gonna find out that dragon glass doesn't hurt the Night King and find out the hard way.

I could see a scene happening this season or next season where they're all fighting and someone stabs him with dragon glass and they think he's gonna die and then when he doesn't they're like oh shit... I'm fucked and the Night King kills them.

I just think he's had too much build up to die the same way all of them die. Maybe he will be killed by taking the piece of dragon glass out of him that the Children of the Forest put in him to create him rather than stabbing him with it.

.. or something.

RDreamer

any Davos fans out there? I wish this character got the same exposition that Tyrion gets. But the actor I think is not part of the main cast but the supporting cast which probably means he automatically has less lines and screentime.

But for however long he is there, I wish we could see him & Jon talk more. Just like how he and Stannis talked. Jon is younger and way less psycho than Stannis, and now that Davos is with him he should lighten up, which he has.

Davos loved Stannis, is he gonna love Jon too? With the tragic loss of his son, could Davos be a father to Jon for the winter war?

I love Davos. He's honestly probably one of my favorite characters in the entire show. He's well written and so ridiculously well cast.

Nameless

FUCK no! I still ship Meera & Bran, no matter how much of a vegetable Bran tries to be.

the forreal one king cannot do better because Dany is the best

Well Meera deserves better than an emotionally dead, socially awkward, omniscient cripple. My heart broke for this episode. She protects him for over half the series and gets little more than a "bye bitch".

Jon and Meera would pop out little Arthur Daynes like it was nothin

Meowster

any Davos fans out there? I wish this character got the same exposition that Tyrion gets. But the actor I think is not part of the main cast but the supporting cast which probably means he automatically has less lines and screentime.

But for however long he is there, I wish we could see him & Jon talk more. Just like how he and Stannis talked. Jon is younger and way less psycho than Stannis, and now that Davos is with him he should lighten up, which he has.

Davos loved Stannis, is he gonna love Jon too? With the tragic loss of his son, could Davos be a father to Jon for the winter war?
Davos is one of my favorite characters in the show. The actor seems to really love his role and he always puts his all into it.

Figgles

Davos is probably the only universally loved character on the show.

Hydrus

latest

Gin-Shiio

Davos is a great person, but too flawless a character to really think or talk about much. I can only say how great a guy he is so often, ya know?

zethren

Banned

Davos is definitely in my top favorite character list (of currently living folks). His actor is enjoyable, and he has a good heart. You sort of attach yourself to characters in this world when they display genuine good heartedness, I think.

riotous

Banned
Davos kind of bores me; I did laugh at him correcting Jon on his grammar. "Fewer"; a callback to Davos learning to read I suppose.

I love Davos. He's honestly probably one of my favorite characters in the entire show. He's well written and so ridiculously well cast.
word yeah I had no idea how important he would get as time went on but i'm glad he did and I didn't even know about the actor beforehand either but he is very good. which is why i hope we get more.
Well Meera deserves better than an emotionally dead, socially awkward, omniscient cripple. My heart broke for this episode. She protects him for over half the series and gets little more than a "bye bitch".

Jon and Meera would pop out little Arthur Daynes like it was nothin
I feel you man, he should offer her marriage and have her be Queen in the north; even though Bran won't take the title of lord or king.
Davos is one of my favorite characters in the show. The actor seems to really love his role and he always puts his all into it.
the way he smiled like a dad when he says to Jon,

Jon is universally loved, so is Missandei, Podrick, Brienne, Tormund...lots of characters.

Nameless

Davos has spent the entire show loyal to two of my favorite characters. I'd be obligated to love him even if he wasn't so awesome. Liam has been a scene stealer the past few seasons.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Hey you all remember when this happened in a TV show:
IgFZbu0.gif

Considering the budget they probably blew on that CGI no wonder the 7th season is so short.

/s

Also, why does Bran just looks so dead inside?

Is that the direction he was given or is he actually a worse actor than Emilia Clarke?

Speely

Banned

Is that the direction he was given or is he actually a worse actor than Emilia Clarke?

He looks dead on the outside, not the inside. We aren't supposed to know yet what is going on inside.

I think they decided to dial his emotions waaay back so that when he does react at all, it will be a sign that real shit is going down.

You can see this in this episode, even. When he gives Arya the dagger, there is a flicker of emotion. I think that is supposed to tell us that the interaction was one with serious implications.

Edit: I think he has become a sort of "real-shit-litmus-test."

boxter432

Considering the budget they probably blew on that CGI no wonder the 7th season is so short.

/s

he's simultaneously talking to the people confronting him, watching the night king grow his army, listening to every littlefinger comment ever, watching every war in westerosi history, watching the hound get his face burned as a kid, watching his own conception, watching BY2K typing about him, and watching Kevin Durant sign with the warriors before last season, it's alot to take in

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Watching the season 4 final with my sister, when we get to the part where she says she wants to go to the wall but finds out the ship is going to Braavos, so she gives him the coin.

Me: You remember the coin, right?

Her: Yeah, kinda

Me: The guy who can change faces said if she ever needed him to give a man from Braavos that coin and say "Valar Morghulis"

Her: Ah, so he's taking her to the Wall then

FBR2U8Sm.jpg

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Davos kind of bores me; I did laugh at him correcting Jon on his grammar. "Fewer"; a callback to Davos learning to read I suppose.
His introduction of Jon Snow to Dany is one of the highlights of the season.

/s

On addition to the answer above, the actor showed plenty of emotion in the early seasons. He's really done a fine job with some... difficult material to treat well.

Watching the season 4 final with my sister, when we get to the part where she says she wants to go to the wall but finds out the ship is going to Braavos, so she gives him the coin.

Me: You remember the coin, right?

Her: Yeah, kinda

Me: The guy who can change faces said if she ever needed him to give a man from Braavos that coin and say "Valar Morghulis"

Her: Ah, so he's taking her to the Wall then

FBR2U8Sm.jpg
Oh she post in this thread. Whats her GAF name?

Blablurn

Hmm, if the ending of the upcoming books, or major story parts would differ from what you are seeing now, would u be angry, or cool with it, GAF?

RDreamer

Hmm, if the ending of the upcoming books, or major story parts would differ from what you are seeing now, would u be angry, or cool with it, GAF?

Well, this isn't the book thread, but when I get to the books after this whole thing (and hopefully that whole thing) is done, I expect it to be different. The books can't exactly decide to go spectacle over writing like the show has lately since they're... well... books.

/s

He's become Dr.Branhattan
tumblr_n4o4qs9hBh1s7zcwmo1_500.jpg

Speely

Banned
I feel like it's basically written in stone that Arya kills LF with that dagger. It's too perfect to not happen. Chaos is a ladder until you introduce an unforseeable variable (for whom nothing is unforseeable.)

Bran is LF's worst nightmare. I just hope that's not all they use him for. That would suck.

one thing I just realized when Jaime called Olenna a traitor...whether or not it has to do with him learning that Olenna killed Joffrey, Cersei killed the Queen. Margery was Queen, and Cersei killed her. Shouldn't that make her the Queenslayer? Why isn't anyone mad that Cersei killed a queen and made herself a queen? Why is the betrayal to the realm hidden?

one thing I just realized when Jaime called Olenna a traitor...whether or not it has to do with him learning that Olenna killed Joffrey, Cersei killed the Queen. Margery was Queen, and Cersei killed her. Shouldn't that make her the Queenslayer? Why isn't anyone mad that Cersei killed a queen and made herself a queen? Why is the betrayal to the realm hidden?

Their lines of succession are a bit weird. In the real medieval world they would have gone to the ends of the earth to find the closest relative to Tommen rather than crown Cersei.

Even when Henry VII won the crown fair and square after defeating Richard III in the Wars of the Roses, he went out of his way to prove he was a legitimate heir.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible

Lannister logic makes no goddamn sense. You're bound by oath to protect and avenge your liege lord, which would be Mace Tyrell for Olenna. Dickon, his father, and the Reach lords that turned, are the true betrayers.

Also, Cersei is Queen only by name for most of the Realm. Dorne hates her, the North hate her, the Riverlands is either neutralised or back in Edmure's hands who hates her, the Vale officially aligned with House Stark. So you've got the Lannisters, Euron, and the recently flipped Reach (who just had parts of their traitorous elements get fucked). No one but the Lannisters and their lackeys buys anything they have to say.

Their lines of succession are a bit weird. In the real medieval world they would have gone to the ends of the earth to find the closest relative to Tommen rather than crown Cersei.

Even when Henry VII won the crown fair and square after defeating Richard III in the Wars of the Roses, he went out of his way to prove he was a legitimate heir.

You honestly think Cersei used succession to take the throne? She took the throne and crowned herself with the Lannister name, and there wasn't a damn thing anyone could do to stop her. She didn't use any legal means to become queen. But instead, using both direct and indirect means killed off the last ruling monarchs. Who the hell was going to challenge her? You saw that throne room during her coronation.

Don't bring this up when people bitch that Dany is the villain who has no right ruling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom