• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nameless

I don't think he can muster that courage without a penis. That's the vibe I'm getting from the show.

I give Theon a lot of shit, because fuck Theon, but this is still a guy who was tortured and tormented physically and emotionally for three seasons. It would be very disappointing if all those scars healed magically.

gun_haver

We already know it wasn't Cersei or Jaime given the conversation they have the episode after the attempt on Bran

2:38 - https://youtu.be/jVLoFYU-3sI

None of that makes sense if they just tried to have him killed before he woke.

Hm, possibly, or could this be Cersei's reaction to hearing about the failed attempt to kill him with the assassin? This is weeks after Bran fell, Cersei's reaction seems somewhat immediate, and Jamie doesn't say anything that contradicts the possibility he was the one who sent the assassin. He seems to basically be saying 'well we tried to kill him, didn't work, but whatever, we'll work it out'. That could either be in reference to Jamie's initial attempt, or both of them.

Also, unrelated, but Bran's actor was actually pretty good when he was a kid. I wonder if he has actually gotten worse, or if people are just having a negative reaction because he is being directed to act the way he does now. Sophie Turner, likewise, was a lot less flat playing a petulant melodramatic teenager - but this could just be that 'bad' acting suited Sansa's character more then than it does now. Maisie Williams on the other hand seems to have made the transition pretty well.

OrionX

I mean, both Davos and Missandei managed to melt into the background when Jon took Dany deep inside the cave. I think they know what's up.

Next week:

Dany: "Missandei, I got your message. Where are you? And why are there so many candles in this room... Oh Jon, what are you doing here?"

Jon: "No idea. Davos asked me to meet him."

*Door slams shut and locks, followed by muffled giggling*

Loke13

Rickon though. Lol.
I don't even get the point of Rickon's character like why did he even exist he practically had zero screen time and no character development for his character whatsoever despite being one of the Stark children. I'm just baffled.

qcf x2

The nite whoo halp Jaym fite drakins

I don't even get the point of Rickon's character like why did he even exist he practically had zero screen time and no character development for his character whatsoever despite being one of the Stark children. I'm just baffled.

Yeah, seems like a waste, and they all but retconned his existence; even Catelyn gets more posthumous love than the youngest Stark.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
I wonder if Missandei knows if Dany is attracted to Jon?

Yeah, I wonder too lol. Look at those smiles Artisan, what do you think?

1tsjvs.gif

"I can feel it coming in the air tonight, oh Lord
And I've been waiting for this moment for all my life the past six seasons, oh Lord"

1tsk7o.gif

Speely

Banned
After a 4th (yes 4th) rewatching, I am still so impressed by the shot at the end when Jaime is charging at Dany and Drogon, both because it's visually breathtaking and because "holy shit this is actually happening and this is where we are now in this series."

Now that all the players are on the same stage, I think we are going to get so much more of that. I mean, Arya sparring with Brienne? Jon and Theon?

All the encounters that seemed so far away when everyone was scattered are finally happening. It's amazing.

Anyone with HBO Now having trouble getting videos to play right now?

I was having trouble about 50 mins ago. Had to exit out and reload the page.

Nameless

Hm, possibly, or could this be Cersei's reaction to hearing about the failed attempt to kill him with the assassin? This is weeks after Bran fell, Cersei's reaction seems somewhat immediate, and Jamie doesn't say anything that contradicts the possibility he was the one who sent the assassin. He seems to basically be saying 'well we tried to kill him, didn't work, but whatever, we'll work it out'. That could either be in reference to Jamie's initial attempt, or both of them.

Cersei is reacting to the news Bran woke up. Her and Jaime were playing 'wait & see' hoping he'd succumb to his injuries. Only after he wakes do they consider other options. Neither are coming from a place of already trying to have him killed.

molnizzle

When the show started they were following books that are no longer coming out.

I think there were just too many characters to deal with. It was already hard enough dealing with the rest of the stark children and after he was separated from Bran there wasn't much for him to do.

Loke13

I think there were just too many characters to deal with. It was already hard enough dealing with the rest of the stark children and after he was separated from Bran there wasn't much for him to do.
Even when he was a with Bran there wasn't much for him to do though. I mean the kid was 6 years old had just lost his father and was ripped away from his childhood home it would have been nice if we had a few scenes with Bran and Rickon comforting each other especially since they were the only two Starks together in the first half of the series.

It's just a whole big wasted potential. Rickon might as well have never even existed because the show sure did treat him as such right up until his death.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
So how's Yara faring as Euron's prisoner for what must be weeks if not a solid month of imprisonment?

Weren't those smiles on account of their conversation about Grey-worm? I don't think they even knew Jon was there yet.

No, I cut that gif. They're talking about Grey Worm, and then Jon says "your grace" off camera. Which is where the gif starts. They look down at him, and then the camera cuts to them look at each other and smile.

Khansolo1

Even when he was a with Bran there wasn't much for him to do though. I mean the kid was 6 years old had just lost his father and was ripped away from his childhood home it would have been nice if we had a few scenes with Bran and Rickon comforting each other especially since they were the only two Starks together in the first half of the series.

It's just a whole big wasted potential. Rickon might as well have never even existed because the show sure did treat him as such right up until his death.
I think it would've been better if rickon traveled with them to the cave and then sacrifices himself to get Bran out.

OrionX

I really like Theon's character personally. He need to have an amazing exit like Hodor to complete his character arc.

I think he'll somehow find a way to take out Euron, but it'll be a suicide mission.

It seems weird to me that Euron would keep Yara alive. At least, I assume she's still alive since she wasn't given an on-screen death. The only explanation I can think of is that he wants to taunt Theon and draw him out of hiding so he can kill the siblings together.

Speely

Banned
I feel like Dany is saying "bend the knee" far too much for it not to be foreshadowing Jon proposing to her in this season. I mean come on.

riotous

Banned
No, I cut that gif. They're talking about Grey Worm, and then Jon says "your grace" off camera. Which is where the gif starts. They look down at him, and then the camera cuts to them look at each other and smile.

OK, yeah just watched it.

They are already smiling becuase of the hints at her hooking up with Grey worm; they were interupted.. rather than cotinue the conversation she gives her one last smile.

I don't get how anyone can assume that was meant to be because of Jon.

Nameless

1tsjvs.gif

And I've been waiting for this moment for all my life the past six seasons, oh Lord"

1tsk7o.gif

If I were Jon I wouldn't fuck anyone who A. Ever had sex with Daario Naharis. B. Gave birth to a dragon bat demon baby thing.

The Forreal One True King can do better. Maybe track Meera down and get himself a proper Northern Queen. Sam's sister is available too.

I mean, both Davos and Missandei managed to melt into the background when Jon took Dany deep inside the cave. I think they know what's up.

That scene was hilarious. I knew right away Jon was going to get embarrassed and try to change the subject to some wet blanket shit like the Night King. But they wouldn't include that scene if it wasn't going there in the plot so you have to be pretty heavily in denial to think Jon/Dany isn't happening.
wet blanket shit?

whether or not Jon x Dany happens that scene was relevant because eventually we're gonna need Dany up north. It's that up north that up top
Next week:

Dany: "Missandei, I got your message. Where are you? And why are there so many candles in this room... Oh Jon, what are you doing here?"

Jon: "No idea. Davos asked me to meet him."

*Door slams shut and locks, followed by muffled giggling*
"A certain Ser says you took a knife to the heart...?"

giphy.gif

and won't it be glorious when Jon discovers Dany is his aunty :)
It will be glorious indeed but only because it's ASOIAF and only because they're (the last 2) Targaryens.

1tsjvs.gif

1tsk7o.gif
Her eyes kinda bugged out at first when he put his hand on her wrist.

But also if you notice, he kinda backs up both times she walks towards him.

If I were Jon I wouldn't fuck anyone who A. Ever had sex with Daario Naharis. B. Gave birth to a dragon bat demon baby thing.

The Forreal One True King can do better. Maybe track Meera down and get himself a proper Northern Queen. Sam's sister is available too.
FUCK no! I still ship Meera & Bran, no matter how much of a vegetable Bran tries to be.

the forreal one king cannot do better because Dany is the best

any Davos fans out there? I wish this character got the same exposition that Tyrion gets. But the actor I think is not part of the main cast but the supporting cast which probably means he automatically has less lines and screentime.

But for however long he is there, I wish we could see him & Jon talk more. Just like how he and Stannis talked. Jon is younger and way less psycho than Stannis, and now that Davos is with him he should lighten up, which he has.

Davos loved Stannis, is he gonna love Jon too? With the tragic loss of his son, could Davos be a father to Jon for the winter war?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom