• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nameless

Yeah, but it did directly lead to one of the funniest Hound scenes ever.

Sandor 'The Hound' Clegane: "Was"? He dead?

Arya Stark: Yes!

Sandor 'The Hound' Clegane: How?

Arya Stark: He was killed!

Sandor 'The Hound' Clegane: Who by?

Arya Stark: Meryn Trant! That's why Ser Meryn's on my...

Sandor 'The Hound' Clegane: [incredulously] Meryn Trant? The greatest swordsman who ever lived, killed by Meryn fucking Trant?

Arya Stark: He was outnumbered!

Sandor 'The Hound' Clegane: Any boy whore with a sword could beat three Meryn Trants.

Arya Stark: Syrio didn't HAVE a sword! OR armor, just a stick!

Sandor 'The Hound' Clegane: [sarcastically] The greatest swordsman who ever lived didn't have a sword?

I die every time I come across this scene.

Yeah that genuine look of bewildered amusement on the Hound's face at the GOAT swordsman being killed by Meryn [fucking] Trant slays me everytime. He couldn't even repeat it and keep a straight face. Rory played it to perfection.

Any boy whore with a sword would soundly defeat Theon as well.

jm89

Other than house tarly and house lannister who else has cersei got backing her?

She looks surrounded. Danys got the south and dragon stone the north and vale are jons and riverrun is probably in dissaray after all the important people of house fray got wiped out, maybe edmure can take back control.

Will they conjure up a magical army for cersei?

Volimar

She looks surrounded. Danys got the south and dragon stone the north and vale are jons and riverrun is probably in dissaray after all the important people of house fray got wiped out, maybe edmure can take back control.

Mercenaries hired with a loan from the Iron Bank now that their debts have been paid.

I don't think they go over any other specific houses, but I assume all the banner men for the Tyrells are now in support of Tarley.

Speevy

Banned
GUESS WHO

tJOoqgz.jpg

Princess Shireen

It's probably for the best. At least they didn't have her taken by Ramsay in season 6.

gun_haver

She would also have the men of the Freys, presumably. It's strange that Arya wiping out the entire Frey family hasn't come up in conversation in King's Landing, because unless it changed at some point I'm forgetting, they had quite a big army.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Yeah, but it did directly led to one of the funniest Hound scenes ever.

Sandor 'The Hound' Clegane: "Was"? He dead?

Arya Stark: Yes!

Sandor 'The Hound' Clegane: How?

Arya Stark: He was killed!

Sandor 'The Hound' Clegane: Who by?

Arya Stark: Meryn Trant! That's why Ser Meryn's on my...

Sandor 'The Hound' Clegane: Meryn Trant? The greatest swordsman who ever lived, killed by Meryn fucking Trant?

Arya Stark: He was outnumbered!

Sandor 'The Hound' Clegane: Any boy whore with a sword could beat three Meryn Trants.

Arya Stark: Syrio didn't HAVE a sword! OR armor, just a stick!

Sandor 'The Hound' Clegane: The greatest swordsman who ever lived didn't have a sword?

I die every time I come across this scene.

She probably should have mentioned he KOed a squad of knights with nothing more than a stick.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible

Euron the Invincible Greyjoy. Dominion over the seas are hers now thanks to the greatest sea going captain in all of fiction. No plotting is safe, no distance unreachable, no enemy untouchable. If it's enemies at sea you need destroyed, Euron Greyjoy is the man for the job. No matter where they are or who they might be, Euron will find them and destroy them.

Imagine if there was a land Euron. I shudder at the thought.

HvySky

Euron the Invincible Greyjoy. Dominion over the seas are hers now thanks to the greatest sea going captain in all of fiction. No plotting is safe, no distance unreachable, no enemy untouchable. If it's enemies at sea you need destroyed, Euron Greyjoy is the man for the job. No matter where they are or who they might be, Euron will find them and destroy them.

Imagine if there was a land Euron. I shudder at the thought.

He'll put wheels on his boats, at which point everyone is fucked. Night King might as well pack up and go home now.

Speevy

Banned
That scene is funny, but they made Meryn Trant look like the most elite of all the men who were sent to grab Arya.

This show is weird about ascribing a threatening status to certain people and not others.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
He'll put wheels on his boats, at which point everyone is fucked. Night King might as well pack up and go home now.

Night King: "I've got a literal army of the dead, numbering in the thousands. Remind me again just who you have."

giphy.gif

Euron: "They have me, Euron the Slayer!

Night King: "Well I suppose we're well and truly fucked now aren't we?"

Finally this thread is back on track!

a83e40c14eed9da70f12472a87f12d3e--jon-snow-and-daenerys-ship-it.jpg
giphy.gif

They do discriminate. Why do you think Jon was Jeor' s squire?

Not just because of his fighting bu5 because He's Ned Stark's son.

Everything is political. Highborns regardless of titles will always get preferential treatment.

Why? Because the Night's Watch has 2 goals: defend the wall and get more men.

Easier to get more men if a brother of the Night's Watch is highborn and their family provides assistance.

That guy that Ned killed had to be lowborn. But he took the vows and once you do that you DO NOT dare desert. When you do your word means nothing anymore. You are reduced to the lowest of lows. Thus you die as a deterrent for others.
I meant they don't discriminate who they behead. Whether it was someone respectable or someone who is a murderer and rapist, and I think that's wrong.

Kill the murderer/rapists without question but the better recruits deserve an explanation first, at least.
People that pirate aren't relevant to ratings anyway.
I know, I meant to say that I thought that ratings would be lower because of the potential millions who saw it online.
It is indeed beautiful

fuckin fuckboy

The Golden Company, presumably. Cersei mentions reaching out to them for more troops.

Goodstyle

She would also have the men of the Freys, presumably. It's strange that Arya wiping out the entire Frey family hasn't come up in conversation in King's Landing, because unless it changed at some point I'm forgetting, they had quite a big army.
Pretty sure it did come up. Jaime referenced it in his first scene with Cersei I believe.

HvySky

Night King: "I've got a literal army of the dead, numbering in the thousands. Remind me again just who you have."

giphy.gif

Euron will somehow end up on the Iron Throne by the end of this.

another thing that has been bothering me about this season so far is how come Varys hasn't talked to Jon yet?

-I want to know first of all, what intel he's had on Jon before season 6's finale...because the finale showed how Qyburn corrupted Varys's little birds and they're loyal to Cersei now, but before that happened, how much did Varys know about Jon Snow?

-It was hinted that Petyr knew the truth about Lyanna, what does Varys think of Lyanna?

-Varys always puts emphasis on the people, that being the very reason why he ditched King's Landing and brought Tyrion with him, Jon is obviously all about saving as many lives as he can so why hasn't Varys thought of the idea of making Jon the King?

Speevy

Banned
another thing that has been bothering me about this season so far is how come Varys hasn't talked to Jon yet?

-I want to know first of all, what intel he's had on Jon before season 6's finale...because the finale showed how Qyburn corrupted Varys's little birds and they're loyal to Cersei now, but before that happened, how much did Varys know about Jon Snow?

-It was hinted that Petyr knew the truth about Lyanna, what does Varys think of Lyanna?

-Varys always puts emphasis on the people, that being the very reason why he ditched King's Landing and brought Tyrion with him, Jon is obviously all about saving as many lives as he can so why hasn't Varys thought of the idea of making Jon the King?

He's still waiting for Daenerys to calm down before that riveting "You've let the people down, my queen." speech.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Jon's a bastard with no claim to the throne and doesn't want to be king in the first place.

Speevy

Banned
It would have been great if they showed one scene of Jaime just straight wrecking fools with his swordsmanship to contrast with his lost hand ability.

He's still waiting for Daenerys to calm down before that riveting "You've let the people down, my queen." speech.
He could talk to Jon about Dany, ask him what he thinks of her just like Davos did...

...not only that but Petyr Baelish could be brought up somehow and Varys could tell Jon so much about him.
Jon's a bastard with no claim to the throne and doesn't want to be king in the first place.
Jon's a bastard, yet, he's king in the north. before that, he was lord commander of the night's watch, and the night watch is not something that you can leave.

shouldn't Varys at least be curious to talk to Jon Snow? He was talking to Melisandre about him, so..

giphy.gif

Someone needs to reverse that gif. It'll serve well for his exit.

Vashetti

Banned
confirmed for 2019?

No, but looking likely.

Even if it's 2018 it'll be very late in the year. They only announced the completion of the Season 8 scripts the other week and shooting hasn't started yet with no starting date in sight.

Presumably what will be a very complex final 6 episodes in terms of scale and action is going to take a lot of time and effort to get right.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Jon's a bastard, yet, he's king in the north. before that, he was lord commander of the night's watch, and the night watch is not something that you can leave.

shouldn't Varys at least be curious to talk to Jon Snow? He was talking to Melisandre about him, so..

He has no claim on the Iron Throne and doesn't want to sit on it. It'd be a waste of Varys's time.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
confirmed for 2019?

No, but looking likely.

Even if it's 2018 it'll be very late in the year. They only announced the completion of the Season 8 scripts the other week and shooting hasn't started yet with no starting date in sight.

Presumably what will be a very complex final 6 episodes in terms of scale and action is going to take a lot of time and effort to get right.

fuck me, I thought 2018 same time was confirmed.

fuck me, I thought 2018 same time was confirmed.

Judging by the last episode the production value has been turned up a notch.

6 episodes of nearly 7 hours. Imagine a 7 hour movie being done in one year with high production value. Not possible.

There's a lot of chi work that has to go in.

2019 is fine. I'll wait as long as it's worth it

No, but looking likely.

I'm fine with it being at the end of 2018 but I'll be upset if it won't make the year at alll.
He has no claim on the Iron Throne and doesn't want to sit on it. It'd be a waste of Varys's time.
He has to at least suspect that there is more to Jon than meets the eye. Like I said, a recruit for the Night's Watch, to Lord Commander of the Night's Watch, to King in the North. You can't leave the Night's Watch, shouldn't Varys be curious about that?

King in the North. Bastard or not, Jon is the most powerful person from the North right now. That alone means he's worth Varys's time like Olenna & Elaria were. He cares about the good of the realm so he'd want to talk to the King who rules over the biggest realm, especially the bastard of the honorable Ned Stark, whom Varys was trying to understand personally, days to hours before his death.

And speaking of Ned Stark's bastard...Varys is a very smart dude. Dude must have done some mental calculation to theorize that Ned Stark may not have been this man's father, but rather a son he adopted. Hell, Stannis had doubts about it, too.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Once season 8 is over, I want them to see a show where we watch GRRM fucking around while he doesn't write a book.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom