• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volimar

Rewatching the ep, I think Jamie had a deathwish during the battle. Dude didn't retreat when Bronn said, picked up and tried to fight on horeback, was out in the open with the archers trying to fight the dragon directly, then trying to to charge Drogon and Dany in a suicide attack. Don't think he wants to be back around Cersi anytime soon.

I think it's more likely that he overcompensates for the loss of his hand.

Zolo

Jorah is far and away my mom's favorite character. I imagine Iain Glen is popular among most women over 50.

Reminds me of how Dojima in Persona 4 was the hottest dude for the women in Atlus. You have your younger heart-throbs and then you have at least one hot older dude for the older women.

Josh5890

mfw Khaleesi gets a new boyfriend when I'm out of town
zeyJVnr.png

Not to mention that at the moment the whole world minus Bran believes that Jon Snow is a Ned Stark's bastard son. You remember Ned, don't you Jorah? You know, the guy that banished you?

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
Honestly, would have been a better scene if Drogon just tail whips Jaime off the horse and be captured by Dany after he hits the water.

Sort of like this heroic charge, to be dismissed casually by an overwhelming odd.
Drogon should have just let the horse's momentum drive Jaime into his mouth. God knows he deserves a snack for coming in clutch like that for Dany.

i dunno if it's just me but I noticed certain parallels between Cersei and Dany this season.

Cersei invites Euron Greyjoy to King's Landing, but as Jaime points out, it's like, all the Greyjoys.

Dany invites Jon to Dragonstone, but it's just one ship with him, Davos & some bannermen.

Euron is there because he wants to marry Cersei and be King, he makes that very clear. Meanwhile, Cersei just wants an ally. Euron tries to take a step towards Cersei and the mountain takes a step towards him. Euron leaves.

Jon is there because he needs Dany's help, meanwhile Dany just wants another ally. Jon tries to take a step towards Dany, but the Dothraki take 2 steps towards him. Dany walks towards him.

The next time Cersei sees Euron, he brings her a "gift" in order to win his heart's desire. To be king.

The next time Dany sees Jon, she gives him a "gift" of passageway to mine the dragonglass. It's looking like she did so for him to give her her heart's desire: bend the knee?

gun_haver

Yeah this season is the first time I've been enjoying Sam. I guess it's just because he's finally in his element, and his plotline isn't about his romance or giving kindly wisdom to Jon.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
They're flying dragons, they are innately unable to fly by all known laws of aerodynamics, what's the difference of a few tons of steel?

Gin-Shiio

Yeah this season is the first time I've been enjoying Sam. I guess it's just because he's finally in his element, and his plotline isn't about his romance or giving kindly wisdom to Jon.

This is true. He still was unbearable in episode 1 since so much time was wasted on him, but then later he actually did shit and I didn't mind seeing him on screen. Unbelievable, I know.

televator

They're flying dragons, they are innately unable to fly by all known laws of aerodynamics, what's the difference of a few tons of steel?

I wouldn't put it past GRRM to draw the line there. There is at least some semblance of reality to the story.

Should have never made him king, he wasn't ready. :[
He didn't have the Jon Snow main character plot armor :'(

One thing I'm curious about is what people make of Sansa's reaction to Arya. A bit of jealousy there yeah, but was that it? Or is it.. WTF.. that list shit is real. This is my sister, do I even know her? Or maybe confidence issue of her feeling useless when she sees what her 3 siblings can do?

I don't want LF to die this season, it will be so lame if he gets got without doing some crazy shit. :'(

One thing I'm curious about is what people make of Sansa's reaction to Arya. A bit of jealousy there yeah, but was that it? Or is it.. WTF.. that list shit is real. This is my sister, do I even know her? Or maybe confidence issue of her feeling useless when she sees what her 3 siblings can do?

I don't want LF to die this season, it will be so lame if he gets got without doing some crazy shit. :'(
yeah LF should stay for the final season

She kinda got the short end of the stick.

Jon- King
Arya- Assasin
Bran- Wizard
Sansa- Beaten, Sold off, Raped and creep hovering over her.

Speely

Banned

I think Sansa is acting for LF's benefit there. She loves that Arya is basically a nuke. She is not jealous. She knows Arya and sees a way to play LF like a fiddle. Mark my words: the degree to which Sansa uses/works with Arya will be both an example of her newfound cunning and the strength of the Stark family line.

Probably not a popular hot take, but Sansa's "power" now is politics and manipulation. Though in the Brienne sparring scene, Sansa looks concerned, during the Stark reunion with Bran, Sansa looked a bit like LF in how she was parsing the surprising info she was being presented. She wants to use Arya.

I kinda think the wolves will circle LF and once he is gone that Sansa will try to use Arya as a secret weapon. I 100% don't think she is "above" that.

Haly

Sansa's pretty well adjusted, all things considered.

Arya is a cheery serial killer.

Bran is just high all the time.

Jon is obsessed with the End of Days and an undead army. Also he might try to bone his aunt.

Relatively, she made it out with her sanity scarred, but intact.

Blobbers

I always had the impression that Sansa would do some light betraying that fucks shit up on a bigger scale and littlefinger is gonna latch onto that

Mashing

Something been bothering me about the inevitable showdown with the White Walker army and realm of men. Wouldn't just a crap load of wildfire essentially decimate their entire forces? I can't imagine they shrug that off very easily and would be easier to deploy than relying on mortal dragon's (just catapult that shit into their ranks and watch it spread through their army). Kings Landing probably still has a large stockpile of it. It's possible the WW's themselves are immune to it. I know the wights are vulnerable to even regular fire, but I don't know if actual WW's are.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
Is there any differences between normal white walkers (from dead bodies) and white walkers like this baby?
There are thousands of white walkers there and Night King doesn't need to go there and make one baby to a an ordinary white walker!

The dead aren't the White Walkers. The White Walkers are the demon/skinny Santa looking guys. The dead are just regular people they raise to use as foot soldiers.

Something been bothering me about the inevitable showdown with the White Walker army and realm of men. Wouldn't just a crap load of wildfire essentially decimate their entire forces? I can't imagine they shrug that off very easily and would be easier to deploy than relying on mortal dragon's (just catapult that shit into their ranks and watch it spread through their army). Kings Landing probably still has a large stockpile of it. It's possible the WW's themselves are immune to it. I know the wights are vulnerable to even regular fire, but I don't know if actual WW's are.

Lol if they had cell phones, someone could have shown the Northerns this,

qNgytvI.gif

And Jon would be like,

giphy.gif

"How can I get this stuff sent to the wall?!"

televator

Bronn - Rogue.
Perfect

The dead aren't the White Walkers. The White Walkers are the demon/skinny Santa looking guys. The dead are just regular people they raise to use as foot soldiers.

Lol if they had cell phones, someone could have shown the Northerns this,

qNgytvI.gif

And Jon would be like,

giphy.gif

"How can I get this stuff sent to the wall?!"
A... cell... phone?
haZu4Uw9FZHfG.gif

You say it works like a raven? Madness.

Well this is a White Walker
These are Wights
I thought all of them are white walkers!
They should only kill white walkers, and wights are nothing without them and will turn back to death?
Do we know how many white walkers are there?
Hope to see more white walkers other than Night King in the remaining episodes of this season. Really liked the design of this one:

ohym_cvcvqedf.jpg

Haly

I wouldn't put it past GRRM to draw the line there. There is at least some semblance of reality to the story.
Perhaps, but the show already bends spacetime for dramatic convenience! Dragon armor is nothing in comparison.

I think Sansa is acting for LF's benefit there. She loves that Arya is basically a nuke. She is not jealous. She knows Arya and sees a way to play LF like a fiddle. Mark my words: the degree to which Sansa uses/works with Arya will be both an example of her newfound cunning and the strength of the Stark family line.

Probably not a popular hot take, but Sansa's "power" now is politics and manipulation. Though in the Brienne sparring scene, Sansa looks concerned, during the Stark reunion with Bran, Sansa looked a bit like LF in how she was parsing the surprising info she was being presented. She wants to use Arya.

I kinda think the wolves will circle LF and once he is gone that Sansa will try to use Arya as a secret weapon. I 100% don't think she is "above" that.
I am somewhat around here. I do think she's eyeing everything right now and playing LF to keep the Vale as an advantage. However the most unpredictable character in the show is LF, so I have no idea what to think of what he might be thinking.

Also, who thinks Night King can talk English?

Haly

He definitely speaks perfect Queen's English because D&D really need him to during the inevitable sympathetic backstory.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
So, I've always thought that season 5 got a bad rap 'cus the early episodes weren't GoT at it's best, the final ones definitely were but I've been re-watching it and it's honestly a lot better than I remember it. I just finished episode 4 and it's been great so far and even the first Dorne scene was awesome, it's just that it ends in a pretty shitty way, but the setup is good.

I think I might have had a different outlook on the early episodes because they weren't all these epic episodes with tons of twists and eventful moments, it was mostly quiet episodes that were very dialogue heavy and were set up for the rest of the season, which don't usually play as well when you're waiting a week between them.

[edit]
Seth Myers and Leslie jones watch got together.
https://youtu.be/tvcrwTcA5iw

That was great. I hope they do more of those.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.

Dany really needs armor if she's going to do that. Also a saddle would probably be a good idea. How she wasn't flung off during that freefall....

Goodstyle

So, I've always thought that season 5 got a bad rap 'cus the early episodes weren't GoT at it's best, the final ones definitely were but I've been re-watching it and it's honestly a lot better than I remember it. I just finished episode 4 and it's been great so far and even the first Dorne scene was awesome, it's just that it ends in a pretty shitty way, but the setup is good.

I think I might have had a different outlook on the early episodes because they weren't all these epic episodes with tons of twists and eventful moments, it was mostly quiet episodes that were very dialogue heavy and were set up for the rest of the season, which don't usually play as well when you're waiting a week between them.

[edit]

That was great. I hope they do more of those.
I just watched s5 too, and I sorta agree. I did feel like the plot was moving in slowmo there though, but the Jon stuff was better than usual and the Jaime/Bronn buddy cop dynamic was fun even if the Sandsnakes were insufferable. Dany stuff was mediocre, but that's not unique to S5 and the Stannis arc was just depressing (Shireen had the most upsetting death in the series). I liked the Ramsay stuff a lot more than most people did, even if I did have issues with the initial rape scene.

The Cersei arc was amazing though. Felt like a miniature tragedy where she would rise and grow overconfident only to be struck down. Her greatest mistake brings her low to the point where people were rooting for her to reek a terrible revenge, and since s6 delivered it's only better in retrospect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom