• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volimar

Considering what Jon and Ygritte got up to, I'm sure the North and the South will definitely be united.

Ygritte: "That thing you did, with your mouth? Is that what Lords do to Ladies in the South?"

Jon: "I don't know. I just wanted to kiss you there is all. You seemed to like it."

Bowchikawowow

do8RV24.png

If Jon and Dany become King and Queen, how would they rule?

Dany wants to rule, but what would Jon get out of it? Assuming the war is won.

I always thought if Jon survived he'd go ''somewhere warm'' as he planned when he rose from the dead. He was forced back into this fight, I also don't think he'll remain KITN when the war is over.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
Well he's a king now, he'd just be king of whatever is left after they deal with the Walker. It's like going from being the President of a regional devision of a company, to the co-CEO.

I think the two need each other. It's like this quote from one of my favourite tv shows.

“There are dreamers and there are realists in this world. You would think the dreamers would find the dreamers and the realists would find the realists but... more often than not, the opposite is true. You see the dreamers need the realists to keep them from soaring too close to the sun. And the realists... well, without the dreamers, they might not ever get off the ground.” — Modern Family

Jon and Dany will rule together as King in the North and Queen of the Six Kingdoms and their heir will inherit both crowns and rule over a united kingdom.

A good compromise I think.

Right, but as he's stated a couple of times now he doesn't want to be king, he feels like he has to for the sake of defending his people.

Once it's all said and done, what is stopping him from renouncing his kingship and leaving the continent?

His lineage might keep him in Westeros though, hadn't thought about that.

I just think there won't be an end where both get to have their kingdoms and be happy.

Something will go wrong.

mnannola

Right, but as he's stated a couple of times now he doesn't want to be king, he feels like he has to for the sake of defending his people.

Once it's all said and done, what is stopping him from renouncing his kingship and leaving the continent?

His lineage might keep him in Westeros though, hadn't thought about that.

I just think there won't be an end where both get to have their kingdoms and be happy.

Something will go wrong.

Jon is already on borrowed time. Anyone that thinks he survives till the end of this story is nuts.

I wonder how they'll reveal who his father was.

Most people know, it's just that it was never on-screen.

I'd love to see Rhaegar at least once before the show ends.

I think it'll start with a history of Robert's rebellion. The king goes mad, and Lyanna Stark disappears with Rhaegar Targaryen, the mad king burns 2 Starks, and a war starts, all the while Lyanna Stark is pregnant.

Speevy

Banned
Why did the guard at Winterfell try to punch Arya in the face? Was it just to show off her dodging skills?

That guy should be hanged.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Do you remember when every page of every thread wasn't about Dany and Jon having sex?
I really don't get this 'shipping' business. I know will they, won't they romances have been a thing in TV since forever, but people seem so much more invested in shipping.

"my people won't accept a southern ruler."
"they will if their king does."

is it possible Dany was subliminally saying she wants to propose a marriage?

Zolo

I hadn't really thought about it, but Jon's probably been in more battles now than most veterans in Westeros. He's probably been in the most amount of on-screen battles by far too.

Volimar

Anyone old enough was in Robert's Rebellion and that was a proper war so I doubt he's been in more battles than most of them. Some of them were also in The Ironborn Rebellion and Robb's war. Jaime probably has the most experience of the principle actors.

Do you guys feel the need for GoT merchandise?

Aside from the actual novels, I have the World of Fire and Ice book, which is not really a GoT book persay.

Also have a Hound and Brienne action figure that I posed. I shipped it.

qpCVuqw

I have a couple funko style toys from my old Lootcrate sub but nothing else. Some of the jewelry is really nice but I don't wear clothes nice enough to pull any of it off :p

"my people won't accept a southern ruler."
"they will if their king does."

is it possible Dany was subliminally saying she wants to propose a marriage?

Maybe not Dany specifically, but it does feel like the the show is hinting that the only way the North accepts a southern ruler is if it comes packaged in a marriage alliance with the King of the North.

But that could be misdirection, or my own selfish shipping needs.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops

Aside from the actual novels, I have the World of Fire and Ice book, which is not really a GoT book persay.

I don't have any since non of it seems all that interesting, though, I wouldn't mind a little replica of the Throne but that guys for about $60 and the sword replicas are also pretty cool but they're expensive as fuuuuck.

Jon is already on borrowed time. Anyone that thinks he survives till the end of this story is nuts.

Yeah, my post was a hypothetical if they manage to survive.

But something about Jon's resurrection has me thinking that he'll be dead soon.

When Sansa told Arya his heart'll stop beating when he saw her I wondered if it's even beating in the first place.

Hydrus

We need a legit GoT game! Hell, I would settle for a good skyrim fan mod.

Hydrus

Jon is not gonna die. He's either gonna marry Dany or become the new night king ( calling this one now. The white walkers aren't actually evil. They exist to punish humans for their wars and evil ways).

It was every shipper willing her to subliminally wanting to propose marriage.
So I'm as wrong as wrong can be.
Maybe not Dany specifically, but it does feel like the the show is hinting that the only way the North accepts a southern ruler is if it comes packaged in a marriage alliance with the King of the North.

But that could be misdirection, or my own selfish shipping needs.
I ship them too. Why wouldn't it be Dany specifically?
Tormund killed children who were later eaten.
Tormund killed children?

I have a couple funko style toys from my old Lootcrate sub but nothing else. Some of the jewelry is really nice but I don't wear clothes nice enough to pull any of it off :p

That's when you buy clothes centered around the jewelry ;)

I don't have any since non of it seems all that interesting, though, I wouldn't mind a little replica of the Throne but that guys for about $60 and the sword replicas are also pretty cool but they're expensive as fuuuuck.
yea I just had this hankering for some merch, but right now, nothing on their site I care for. They use to have this nice stein, but no longer there so lucky for my wallet.

We need a legit GoT game! Hell, I would settle for a good skyrim fan mod.
Yea I hear you. There is that weird RPG game where you play as unknown characters. One's Night's watch ranger who is a warg, and the other is some minor Southern lord and a Red Priest.

I hear there's an MMO in the works.

That's not Tormund

To be fair, I took the picture before they met on the show lol

I kinda want this...
Good eye. I'd get it but Three Zero stuff are expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom