• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nameless

The white walkers aren't actually evil. They exist to punish humans for their wars and evil ways).

I don't know man..

Baby-White-Walker.gif

S5-E8-Karsi-dies-SUPER-FUCKING-CREEPY-WIGHT-KIDS.gif

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
If you put all of Speevy's posts together you'd get a very detailed, if somewhat confusing, fan fic.

"Do you remember when every page of every thread wasn't about Dany and Jon having sex?" - Speevy

*A few posts later*

"Khaleesi, I cured the incurable dise...

*Targaryen fucking noises*" - Speevy

He is low key fanning the flames of this.

To whoever said we need a GoT game, I will say the Crusader Kings II mod is excellent. Obviously CKII overall has a huge learning curve, but it's a great arena for playing your own Game of Thrones.

Heshinsi

I like the political and dynastic aspect of it. Can't wrap my head around how to actually conquer stuff. Mix it with Total War's battle mechanics and I think we'd have a winner.

televator

I don't really ship them so much as I already see it going that way and it doesn't really bother me. I don't know why either. When I first saw Jaime and Cersie, I was shocked. Yet Jon and Danny... IDK. They didn't grow up together, they don't know they're related, and they're not as close ar bro and sis. Meh... I don't condone it, but it just doesn't shock me either.

Heshinsi

Damn! That skeleton kid is one of the scariest things Ive ever seen! But yea, I stand by what I say. Jon is gonna be the new night king.

So Pirates 3 then? That would be weird and lame. Dude destroys tens of thousands of lives just so that he could retire?

I ship them too. Why wouldn't it be Dany specifically?

I'm not sure Dany has full-on marriage in mind yet, I still think she feels she can persuade Jon to bend the knee without it. It does feel like the show itself is starting to build the case that a marriage alliance is the only thing the North would accept at this point.

Dany loses a few more allies, or a dragon, and I definitely think it would tip her into thinking of a marriage alliance with the King of the North.

I'm not sure Dany has full-on marriage in mind yet, I still think she feels she can persuade Jon to bend the knee without it. It does feel like the show itself is starting to build the case that a marriage alliance is the only thing the North would accept at this point.

Dany loses a few more allies, or a dragon, and I definitely think it would tip her into thinking of a marriage alliance with the King of the North.

I get what you're saying, but the fact that she referred to him as king in a passive way implies that she wants him to accept her as his queen so that she could consider him a candidate for a marriage alliance.

you're probably right though it most likely means nothing

Nameless

Damn! That skeleton kid is one of the scariest things Ive ever seen! But yea, I stand by what I say. Jon is gonna be the new night king.

Well Arya will have to kill/stop/destroy him too if it comes that. Not stinkin White Walkers left alive in our Westeros.

Jon will die in the real North after the battle and will be lost in the snows after everything goes down.

He'll then enter legend like those from the Age of Heroes. Bastard King who led the North through the Long Night.

Something like that but less cheesy, I imagine.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I finally got around to watching this week's episode

JAMIE'S PLOT ARMOR IS TOO DAMN STRONG

also what was the point of attacking that convoy if they didn't get the gold? Just to destroy the food and starve the city out? Would've been better if they got the gold too, but whatever.

Also, Dany&Jon is totally happening, aunt&nephew be damned.

Volimar

also what was the point of attacking that convoy if they didn't get the gold? Just to destroy the food and starve the city out? Would've been better if they got the gold too, but whatever.

Dany didn't know the gold was gone. She was attacking enemy supplies.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Jon will die in the real North after the battle and will be lost in the snows after everything goes down.

He'll then enter legend like those from the Age of Heroes. Bastard King who led the North through the Long Night.

Something like that but less cheesy, I imagine.

Jon and Dany are going to survive the Night King only to be betrayed by the other survivors in a plot orchestrated by Sansa.

Yes, she's going to starve King's Landing and hang on to the Reach's remaining food and supplies. The gold's secure so that would help Cersei get the Iron Bank investment underway.

More scorpions, more infantry(from the Golden Company?) and other things.

Honestly, would have been a better scene if Drogon just tail whips Jaime off the horse and be captured by Dany after he hits the water.

Sort of like this heroic charge, to be dismissed casually by an overwhelming odd.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
How cool would it be if that ending was Jamies death? We find out next episode him and Bron are both dead.

I said earlier that I didn't want him to die but that would've been such an amazing death for the character. You couldn't ask for a better way to go out.

There's a part of me that wished he had died just for the cool factor.

Volimar

Honestly, would have been a better scene if Drogon just tail whips Jaime off the horse and be captured by Dany after he hits the water.

Sort of like this heroic charge, to be dismissed casually by an overwhelming odd.

Damn that would have been something after seeing him trash that cart.

Rewatching the ep, I think Jamie had a deathwish during the battle. Dude didn't retreat when Bronn said, picked up and tried to fight on horeback, was out in the open with the archers trying to fight the dragon directly, then trying to to charge Drogon and Dany in a suicide attack. Don't think he wants to be back around Cersi anytime soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom