• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
And I'm not saying everyone needs to be bothered by it. I am. But suggesting that the barometer for criticism starts with creating content on the level of Thrones is absurd because then youre essentially suggesting no one can critique anything that hasn't themselves achieved such an accomplishment and that would basically close every thread on this forum. Thats silly.

Cool. (I still don't get how this is a defense of my original post haha)

Not sure what your measurement/expectations for quality levels of writing are, or your age for that matter. I used to watch shows like the original 90210, Saved By The Bell, Charmed, and Buffy. Trying to watch some of that now that I'm older with quality stuff like TWD, True Detective, and Thrones out there is cringy as fuck.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
All I know is it's a fucking suicide mission. As necessary as it is, it doesn't take away from the fact that it's a bad fucking idea.

Anyways the plan is for them to capture a wight and bring it to King's Landing. If you rewatch the ending scene you'll see that after the team is all out, there's a few people in the back dragging something...I'm guessing it's a cage or something to hold the wight. And I'm assuming that scene with Jaime & Cersei means Cersei is agreeing to an armistice.

Randyll was a nasty fuckin man and it's a shame that Dickon followed him. Dickon's behavior in the previous episode reminded me a little of Sam and I was hoping there would be a redemption plan for this character, but nope. All he does is save Jaime once, and now we'll never see him again, just like the sandsnakes.

Do you think they'll head back to Dragonstone first with the Wight?

IMO it would be stupid for Jon to step foot inside the capital.

Kaizer

Banned
PplrLtQ.png

I want to name the squad..

THE SNOW PATROL

Do you think they'll head back to Dragonstone first with the Wight?

IMO it would be stupid for Jon to step foot inside the capital.
Yes, I think it would make sense to not go straight to the capital, but I think that might be where they go either at the end of the next episode, or the season finale.

Instead of Dragonstone though it'd be better if Jon goes back to Winterfell, since it's closer and because his family is waiting for him.

jviggy43

Not sure what your measurement/expectations for quality levels of writing are, or your age for that matter. I used to watch shows like the original 90210, Saved By The Bell, Charmed, and Buffy. Trying to watch some of that now that I'm older with quality stuff like TWD, True Detective, and Thrones out there is cringy as fuck.

I watched those shows growing up and I agree with you. I'm still not sure what that has to do with saying the writing here in this season has been pretty tenuous compared to some of the other series (Also I would argue TWD is at least on par with those cringe worthy shows.)

jett

D-Member
Arya to Sansa. She was being irrational in suggesting their heads be taken.

Seriously Arya, wtf?

I might be at my most cynical right now, but the Winterfell beeswax feels like something contrived to give the actors something to do lol, instead of anything occurring naturally. Personally, pitting the sisters against each other is tired. It's not season 1. They should be closer than ever before at this point. Arya accusing Sansa of wanting to betray Jon is just the worst.

Hiding with Mel.

edit: Forgot she left, lol.

I might be at my most cynical right now, but the Winterfell beeswax feels like something contrived to give the actors something to do lol, instead of anything occurring naturally. Personally, pitting the sisters against each other is tired. It's not season 1. They should be closer than ever before at this point. Arya accusing Sansa of wanting to betray Jon is just the worst.

I feel the same, felt weird for them to start having a go at eachother so suddenly. Not natural at all and was a negative for me this episode.

I watched those shows growing up and I agree with you. I'm still not sure what that has to do with saying the writing here in this season has been pretty tenuous compared to some of the other series (Also I would argue TWD is at least on par with those cringe worthy shows.)

I guess my point is that there aren't many shows with this level of quality on TV. Movies? Sure, no argument there. I try to enjoy it and not nitpick too much. Once GoT is gone, there won't be many interesting shows left.

nah, I agree with you man. You ain't being cynical you're just telling a hard truth..I'm sure eventually Arya & Sansa will get passed this bullshit because of the whole "lone wolf" line but it's annoying to see them against one another when they need each other now.
Hanging out at Dragonstone's harbor with the rest of the Dothraki army.
But the Queen is back. Theon needs a word with her. What was he doing, sleeping?
Lol yeah why didn't fuckboi come with Jon to die heroically?
YES! Theon would've definitely gone with Jon, I could and would've loved to see that happen, even if it meant Theon would die out there. We haven't seen him in action since episode 2.

Loxley

It does come off as pretty forced. I can see Littlefinger trying to manipulate Sansa and forge a divide between her and Jon, but her and Arya? Like you said, it feels like they just need to fill screen-time with some sort of arbitrary conflict while Jon is away.

OrionX

On one hand, Cersei and Dany meeting face to face sounds thrilling, but on the other hand it terrifies me because that's the day that many characters end up dead.

I'm a little annoyed that Jamie and Bronn just swam away from danger in full armor, and Dany didn't seem to even bother with finding them, but overall a pretty good episode. Good to see Littlefinger playing the game again.

jetjevons

Bish loves my games!
On one hand, Cersei and Dany meeting face to face sounds thrilling, but on the other hand it terrifies me because that's the day that many characters end up dead.

Many many characters are going to end up dead. We're just in a lull right now. It needed to happen so we're shocked again.

MG310

I suppose if Thoros revives The Hound at some point during this ordeal he might not have his fear of fire anymore as Beric lost chunks of his memories every time he was brought back.

Then we can get double zombie Clegane-bowl now with the potential for a flaming sword.

"With respect, your grace, I don't need your permission. I'm a (motherfucking) king."

Damn right Jon Snow. That might be his best line in the whole show

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom