• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 4 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speevy

Banned
Whats the direwolves situation?

Sansa - Lady (dead)
Arya - Nymeria (missing?)
Robb - Greywind (dead)
Jon - Ghost (Alive)
Bran - Summer (Alive)
Rickon - Shaggydog (Alive?)

That's correct right?

I don't really recall seeing Shaggydog very much on the show.

Good for you Jon Snow. You led a good operation and even though Locke screwed you over, in a sense, he at least got his comeuppance from possessed Hodor. Too bad that he missed Bran once again. Were robbed of that reunion again.

Edit:

I need to watch Littlefingers (ha) ladder speech again and see if there was any foreshadowing in it.

Grifter

I guess Locke's plan was to sneak off with Bran, maybe strap him to a horse, and ride far south; all totally undetected by either side fighting. Hmm...

Glad Bran took care of business but Hodor don't like being made to kill. :(

Nerokis

I'm very relieved Jon Snow got through that alive and well. Now that his mission is more or less complete, though, the whole event rings a bit of a strange note. A successful operation, but with what consequence? What did we learn, exactly? What significant development, character or otherwise, happened? I cheered when Locke died, but for something with so much build up, his failure came rather suddenly. Maybe you're simply supposed to take pleasure in the fact that, yes, House Stark is still capable of fighting back, as well as the whole "justice is done" thing. Something about how it all came together weirdly lacked emotional resonance, though, at least on my end. I'm guessing the operation's success will have more consequence down the road.

On the other hand, the non-fighting parts of this episode were mostly great. Particularly the revelation about Littlefinger's involvement with Jon Arryn's death. That seriously came completely out of nowhere. Lysa went from off-balance but somewhat sympathetic to just simply off-balance this episode.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Is this the first episode in which Tyrion didn't appear?
Third.

4Spw3wO.png

Seeing creepy ass Little Finger being creeped out is so satisfying on so many levels. I literally cringed every time she went in to kiss Little Finger but enjoying it at the same time. OMG! and her sex screams LAWL!!!

demolitio

Seeing creepy ass Little Finger being creeped out is so satisfying on so many levels. I literally cringed every time she went in to kiss Little Finger but enjoying it at the same time. OMG! and her sex screams LAWL!!!

That wasn't her screaming during sex...Her son was just getting a drink.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Amazing. Amazing episode. Especially the Arya/Hound scene. And that cartwheel. Whoa. I wish I could do that. Was that her or a stunt person?

And Hodor.. So good.

Vhagar

Neo Member
Amazing. Amazing episode. Especially the Arya/Hound scene. And that cartwheel. Whoa. I wish I could do that. Was that her or a stunt person?

And Hodor.. So good.

Probably her. Maisie Williams is a dancer in real life as evidenced by the gif everyone loves to post. All that water dancing stuff probably comes naturally to her.

LITTLE FUCKING FINGER. If this bastard were dead then there would be no Game of Thrones

Goddamn, I think this was one of the very few times the "good" guys actually won and it was epic fan service. Ghost reuniting with Jon Snow and getting that badass kill at the end. I was really expecting some fucked up stuff to happen.

Damnit. I need a Stark reunion. They deserve it. Just a hug at least. Wasn't Rickon going to the Wall? Ugh.

Poor Sansa too :/

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Jesus, The Hound was spitting venom in this episode. I said god damn

Another quality ep too. And that plot reveal between Little Finger and Lysa had me legit shook. Did not see that coming. Fuck.

All the houses in Westeros are playing checkers while that slimy motherfucker Little Finger is out there playing chess.

HOLY FUCK this show, dropping the truth bombs on us. It was mother fucking Littlefinger the whole time. And they say it like as if they were describing the weather.

Also, Podrick's smile when Brienne needs him to take off her armour. I loved how he'd finally earned respect from her after being incompetent at basically everything else. Perfect.

72kR4kc.png

Klocker

HOLY FUCK this show, dropping the truth bombs on us. It was mother fucking Littlefinger the whole time. And they say it like as if they were describing the weather.

Also, Podrick's smile when Brienne needs him to take off her armour. I loved how he'd finally earned respect from her after being incompetent at basically everything else. Perfect.

72kR4kc.png

And respect for the things she cherishes most, loyalty, bravery. was great.

Madrin

WOW. Four seasons in and we finally find out who killed Jon Arryn. Littlefinger was such a small presence last season that I thought the show was more or less done with him, but now it turns out he's basically the grand puppet master.

Madrin

Goddamn, I think this was one of the very few times the "good" guys actually won and it was epic fan service. Ghost reuniting with Jon Snow and getting that badass kill at the end. I was really expecting some fucked up stuff to happen.

No kidding. This show has taught me to expect the worst. I was worried Jon was going to die in the battle at Craster's and then Karl Tanner would be crowned king of King's Landing and rule the land with zombie Joffrey. Surprisingly though this season has been pretty cathartic so far in terms of dishing out comeuppance to bad people. It's a nice change of pace.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
So was I. When he got stabbed I was like "No. Please tell me Jon isn't dying this week. Holy shit." I was also afraid Bran and the others were in trouble too.

I'm still a little worried about Sansa though. I don't trust that mother and her kid. She's the one who was breastfeeding him early in season 1. I wondered what happened to them. Had we seen anything of them since then?

Braag

Okay i really didn't see that coming from littlefinger. I knew he's a schemer and all that but at this magnitude? I want to see more of him now.
As for Lysa and Robin... Joffrey and Cersei looked sane compared to those two.

I'm still a little worried about Sansa though. I don't trust that mother and her kid. She's the one who was breastfeeding him early in season 1. I wondered what happened to them. Had we seen anything of them since then?

No, cause they've really done nothing but sit in the Eyrie. Lysa even refused to help Robb during the war, she seems to be super paranoid about the Lannisters.

I'm getting tired of Arya and the Hound, the odd couple routine was funny for the first season, but we're at 1.5 seasons with no end in sight. Something's going to happen with Arya, they keep showing her for a reason (like Bran) so I wish that plot line would move along a bit quicker.

Dennis

Banned
Arya and the Hound scenes have been the best thing about this season so far.

The Hound putting everyone and everything on blast is hilarious.

Noirulus

I'm also in the camp that finds Arya & Hound scenes boring. They don't accomplish anything, and the banter between them has gotten stale.

demolitio

I'm also in the camp that finds Arya & Hound scenes boring. They don't accomplish anything, and the banter between them has gotten stale.

It's basically meant to be in stark contrast (see what I did there?) to the rest of the show where so many deep, dark plots are developing with so much doom on the horizon for all of Westeros while these two are an unlikely couple bringing some more light-hearted moments to break the tension but also shows Arya's character arc and The Hound's new outlook.

Obviously the story will mean something eventually as we see Arya becoming darker and darker with more determination than ever to seek justice by any means necessary and The Hound happens to be one of those people she wants to kill. Right now, it's just her descent into darkness while giving us some funny scenes to break up some of the tension from the rest of the show.

To me, they're awesome and perfectly executed. I could see how someone might not care for them since the show seems so short and there's so much to fit in there, but they serve a purpose for the show and the story.

How can you guys underestimate Tommy Carcetti? White dude became mayor of Baltimore of course he can take over Westeroes.

Aidan Gillen just has that look that pretty much whatever show he's cast for he's that sneaky fellow.

I think you might be alone on an island here, bruh.

My self and many others would watch a half hour Hound and Arya spin-off each week if we had it our way.

I wish they would make that spinoff then, give more time to the other story lines. My favorite part about the show is the characters, seeing their interactions with each other. I like Arya and I like the Hound, they've each had great moments. I suppose I don't like when characters are 'on the road' like Arya/Hound, Bran, and now Brienne and Podrick (although it was great this episode). They feel the need to check in with them almost every episode, but there are so many story lines I'd rather they focus on a few with more substance. At least we didn't have to check in with Yara on her boat trip 'round the continent.

bender

What time is it?
I wish they would make that spinoff then, give more time to the other story lines. My favorite part about the show is the characters, seeing their interactions with each other. I like Arya and I like the Hound, they've each had great moments. I suppose I don't like when characters are 'on the road' like Arya/Hound, Bran, and now Brienne and Podrick (although it was great this episode). They feel the need to check in with them almost every episode, but there are so many story lines I'd rather they focus on a few with more substance. At least we didn't have to check in with Yara on her boat trip 'round the continent.

Eh, I'll take all the Arya scenes I can get. My hopes for her being trained by the Hound and later the Faceless Ones seems to be coming to fruition with every new episode.

Braag

The Hound and Arya scenes are not that long and they usually have just 1 scene in a episode.
I really like their scenes, Arya is learning a lot from the hound (Importance of armor) and I couldn't help but laugh at the way he spoke of Meryn Trant considering the hound was also in the Kingsguard so he clearly didn't think highly of his brother in arms :D

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
I can't even remember what the Hound did to Arya and why she's with him anymore. Can someone remind me? I really need to rewatch this soon.

Nibel

Great episode; Bran da god

And how anyone can complain about these super short Arya/Hound scenes is beyond me - nitpicking at its finest

Sansa just can't catch a freaking break. :/

I hope Brienne gets to her soon, but that seems unlikely since she's going the wrong way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom