• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 4 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nameless

I think Varys sees Littlefinger as a threat because he knows he desires power and glory on a personal level and is willing to instigate chaos from the sidelines in order to acquire such things. Varys on the other hand wishes for security in his life and power but doesn't seem to care much for recognition, in fact would rather stay unknown, and would like to see stability in the realm for this reason, regardless of his allegiance. Varys dislikes war, like Stannis' invasion, as it poses a threat to his position. And he knows full well Littlefinger would happily instigate such wars while also being on the other side of Westeros.

I rather enjoy him, but he would see this country burn if he could be king of the ashes.

riverlands-burning-two-swords1.png

Carnby

"I'm done waiting, Peytr. We had our wedding night many years ago. Don't you remember?"
"Like it was yesterday."
"What wife would do for you the things I've done for you? What wife would trust you the way I've trusted you. When you gave me those (not clear) and told me to pour them into John's wine. My husband's wine. When you told me to write a letter to Cat telling her it was the Lannisters"
*SMOOCH*

Peytr and Lysa have been having an affair for years. The poison that killed John Arryn was administered by Lysa at Peytr's request, who then had her send Catelyn Stark a message raven stating the Lannisters were behind everything.

John Arryn was the hand of the king (Robert's reign) before Ned was offered the job. He was dead when the first episode of season one started, and was important to the plot. It was implied the Lannisters had killed him, as John had discovered their secret: the children are inbred bastards. Ned later discovers what John had. Cat is Ned's wife, killed at the Red Wedding. She is Lysa's sister.

Cat=Catelyn Stark.
Jon Arryn was Robert's King's Hand. His death kickstarted the plot, Robert went to get Ned as a replacement Hand.

Thank you! That really clears it up. It's hard to remember a detail that small (though important) when it happened four years ago.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I've always wanted the show to return to Varys and his sorcerer he captured. I wonder whats going on with that.

ProfessorX

Unconfirmed Member
So the Lannisters are broke, and the Crown is spending all of the Iron Banks money? Surprised nobody is talking about that...

Flo_Evans

Damn. I guess that is why littlefinger has been using his super villain voice this season.

Prediction: white walkers are goin to march south because the wildlife are no longer giving them thier sons? Bran to save the day by controlling the white walker boss

Damn. I guess that is why littlefinger has been using his super villain voice this season.

Prediction: white walkers are goin to march south because the wildlife are no longer giving them thier sons? Bran to save the day by controlling the white walker boss

I doubt one person giving them a few sons is gonna make much of a difference to their army numbers.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member

White Walkers seem like they would be too smart to control.

NH Apache

Banned
Arya, Gendry and Hot Pie bumped into the Brotherhood Without Banners after they escaped Harrenhal. While with them, the Brotherhood also captured The Hound. They gave him a trial by combat, hound won and they let him go.
The Brotherhood sold Gendry to Melisandre which made Arya mad and she left them. Soon after leaving the Brotherhood, The Hound captured Arya in the woods and took her to the Freys where her uncles wedding was gonna be. That didn't turn out well so now he's taking her to the Vale hoping Lysa will pay something for returning her back to the family.

Hope that refresh your memory from S3 :D

Thanks for this. Looks like the first Stark meetup we might see may be the sisters.

And goddamn @ little finger.

I just finished re-watching the episode.

Cunning Baelish being behind a lot of murders is surprising.
Sansa escaped from being a hostage to be a hostage.
Hordor (or is it Hodor) is a gentle giant.
Bran is awesome.
Arya is awesome.
John is awesome.
Dany acting like a queen? Marriage to maintain her power like all royals do? Hm.
Serci is scheming something.

Next episode´s preview looks amazing.

All I've ever wanted is at least two Starks to reunite. I was so pissed last night.

"Jon won't let you go farther north. Don't you want to meet the three-eyed crow?"

fuuuuuck offfff

Nameless

With the way the were subtly focusing on the Moon Door, and knowing how Baelish desires Sansa, I predict Robin will have an "accident" which Littlefinger knows will drive Lysa to suicide.

With the way the were subtly focusing on the Moon Door, and knowing how Baelish desires Sansa, I predict Robin will have an "accident" which Littlefinger knows will drive Lysa to suicide.

Did you see how much Robin likes Littlefinger? How he brought him a gift? Doesn't seem like littlefinger's style to charm Robin just to kill him...seems more likely that the momma is going to get it.

I think Baelish is going through the door. Robin tossing the mockingbird (his house sigil) through it was not-so-subtle foreshadowing.

Nameless

Did you see how much Robin likes Littlefinger? How he brought him a gift? Doesn't seem like littlefinger's style to charm Robin just to kill him...seems more likely that the momma is going to get it.

But it's precisey Little Finger's style to charm someone before jamming a knife in their back. Pretending to reciprocate Lysa & Robin's love removes him from suspicion. Which is necessary if he wants the Knights of the Vale to follow him as Lord once they're out of the picture.

I think Baelish is going through the door. Robin tossing the mockingbird (his house sigil) through it was not-so-subtle foreshadowing.

This was my thinking before he revealed himself as architect of The Matrix. But unless Hound or Arya kick shit up if/when they arrive or there's some unforseen betrayal that happens I think he's firmly in control of things.

I did notice the Mockingbird symbolism, but I'm gonna call red herring for the time being.

Ovid

But it's precisey Little Finger's style to charm someone before jamming a knife in their back. Pretending to reciprocate Lysa & Robin's love removes him from suspicion. Which is necessary if he wants the Knights of the Vale to follow him as Lord once they're out of the picture.
Same thing I was thinking.

Booties

Banned
u wot m8

You really can't please everyone no matter what you do, unless you get a good blowjob or the moment after you take a shit.

Yeah that guy is nuts. This was the biggest moment of the show that tied together so many plots and really changes the underlying theme of the entire war of the 5 kings or however many people are vying for it now.

I am worried about this cover up they are doing with Sansa. That kid Robin seems just as unstable as his mother and trusting him with the truth seems stupid to me. Littlefinger just said 1 or 2 episodes ago how the best way to keep a secret is through death. I think that's pretty heavy foreshadowing right there. I don't think there is anyway Cat's sister and the kid survive. The secret will get out either when Arya arrives and recognizes her sister, or before when Robin slips up and tells a guest.

Either way, it's going to get bloody and someone IS going to go flying.

thekad

Banned
I love how Cersei even fooled some people here into thinking she's turned over a new leaf and is a nice person now :lol

Booties

Banned
I love how Cersei even fooled some people here into thinking she's turned over a new leaf and is a nice person now :lol

I think she is trying to do exactly what Margary is. Lure her in with the gentle approach. She may suspect something now that she has had more time to think about her son's death. Imminent smashing like a bug.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom

It's funny that she's the most frightening when she's being kind. I'm like, oh god, what is she up to...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom