• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones - Season 2 - George RR Martin's Song of Ice and Fire - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Altazor

Holy shit! (ACOK)
I always thought I was just the heads he mounted. Still, seeing that image just opens up old wounds with the casting. How the fuck can they do that story arc without Reek?!

Just to reiterate for non-book readers do not click that image under any circumstances.

(ACOK SPOILERS)
I wonder the same thing. Unless it's a surprise thing and we don't know about it. Or something. I just can't imagine that happening without Reek. Well, I can but it wouldn't be as effective as in the book :(

Puddles

Banned
Got the Season 1 dvds at Best Buy. I thought long and hard about future-proofing my collection with the Blu-rays and playing them on my PS3 even though my current tv is standard definition, but in the end all they had were the dvd versions, so I got those.

They had 3 Stark covers and 1 Targaryen cover left. I stood there for a few minutes debating which one to get and ended up with the Stark cover to honor Ned.

I really like the packaging. There's a decent world map, a chart showing the different families and who is married to who, and some nice pictures. The family chart will be useful if I end up introducing more of my friends to the series.

Dragon

Banned
Holy shit! (ACOK)
I always thought I was just the heads he mounted. Still, seeing that image just opens up old wounds with the casting. How the fuck can they do that story arc without Reek?!

Just to reiterate for non-book readers do not click that image under any circumstances.

Don't have to like 'em for it to be fun to watch =D.
The Greyjoys are characters I love to hate, actually. Except Aeron. Hope he gets given to a night fire at some point.

Anyone who hasn't read the books won't understand the significance of that image though. Not that I'd suggest they click on it or anything :p.

As far as the Greyjoys:
I don't see what's so bad about Asha and Theon has seriously learned all the humility he possibly could learn while not being dead

Puddles

Banned
Anyone who hasn't read the books won't understand the significance of that image though. Not that I'd suggest they click on it or anything :p.

As far as the Greyjoys:
I don't see what's so bad about Asha and Theon has seriously learned all the humility he possibly could learn while not being dead

(Series)
Also, Victarion is one of the best POV characters in the series.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
We finally get to hear Melisandre speak. :)

Listening to the audiobooks has meant she has been speaking to me through Roy Dotrice! Probably the sexiest female goat in the series!

KingK

(Series)
Also, Victarion is one of the best POV characters in the series.

...no. (vague series spoilers)
The dude is as one-dimensional as they come, and really boring. Some of his chapters are pretty decent just because of the humor and awesome action. The character himself is terrible though, and I can't wait for him to die.

As for the rest of the Greyjoys (series)
Aeron Damphair is easily the worst/most mind numbinly boring POV character in the entire series. Theon used to be my least favorite POV, but his chapters in Dance were quite possibly the best in the series. While I still don't like him, he has become extremely interesting and I look forward to his future chapters now. Asha is alright, but nothing special and I wouldn't be too perturbed if she was offed. Balon was a goddamn idiot, glad he's dead. Euron seems like an evil badass with a lot of potential. I look forward to seeing him play out his role in the future. Also, every chapter that's been set on the Iron Islands so far has been terribly boring and almost everything relating to the Ironborn is awful.

We finally get to hear Melisandre speak. :)
tumblr_m153v8V6se1qzlt9yo9_r1_250.gif

then the opening credits start.

The dude is as one-dimensional as they come, and really boring. Some of his chapters are pretty decent just because of the humor and awesome action. The character himself is terrible though, and I can't wait for him to die.

Aeron Damphair is easily the worst/most mind numbinly boring POV character in the entire series. Theon used to be my least favorite POV, but his chapters in Dance were quite possibly the best in the series. While I still don't like him, he has become extremely interesting and I look forward to his future chapters now. Asha is alright, but nothing special and I wouldn't be too perturbed if she was offed. Balon was a goddamn idiot, glad he's dead. Euron seems like an evil badass with a lot of potential. I look forward to seeing him play out his role in the future. Also, every chapter that's been set on the Iron Islands so far has been terribly boring and almost everything relating to the Ironborn is awful.
throw this man overboard for the drowned god

Wray

(ACOK SPOILERS)
I wonder the same thing. Unless it's a surprise thing and we don't know about it. Or something. I just can't imagine that happening without Reek. Well, I can but it wouldn't be as effective as in the book :(

My guess is
either Asha or Dagmar will come up with the idea in place of Reek.

AngryMoth

I dunno, I think it could be easily inferred (acok)
given the size of the bodies, plus the Stark banners
, particularly coupled with everyone's reaction to the image.

My guess is
either Asha or Dagmar will come up with the idea in place of Reek.
(series)
Asha (or should I say Yara :p)? No way. Dagmar could be a good call though seen as how he doesn't do anything for the rest of the series, but did they even cast him? I guess it could be just some random ironborn. Still, seems like a really wierd decision, we'll have to see how it plays out.

Toby

Can't wait, clash is my favorite in the series. I have to admit it annoys me it isn't named a clash of kings, but I can see the reasons.

Wray

You shall be beat with Aeron's salty sea balls for speaking such sacrilege!

Wray

I dunno, I think it could be easily inferred (acok)
given the size of the bodies, plus the Stark banners
, particularly coupled with everyone's reaction to the image.

(series)
Asha (or should I say Yara :p)? No way. Dagmar could be a good call though seen as how he doesn't do anything for the rest of the series, but did they even cast him? I guess it could be just some random ironborn. Still, seems like a really wierd decision, we'll have to see how it plays out.

Dagmer was indeed cast. You see him in one of those new videos too.

http://winteriscoming.net/features/cast/season-two/ralph-ineson/

The thought of watching new episodes is a little daunting as I feel as thought Ive forgotten everything from the first season. Still cant wait though.
GoT and The Walking Dead are the only TV shows I really watch, and I love them both.

The thought of watching new episodes is a little daunting as I feel as thought Ive forgotten everything from the first season. Still cant wait though.
GoT and The Walking Dead are the only TV shows I really watch, and I love them both.
I've watched the first season about 3 times (including commentary). You discover new details with every viewing. Never done this with any other show (well maybe firefly). The production values are incredibly high because the whole budget can be spend on only 10 episodes contrary to other shows. Of course the quality of the source material helps.

The success of this season
and the next one....
all come down to how they handle Melisandre.

If they and Carice did her proper then I have 100% confidence in them being amazing.

Cannot wait to find out.

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
Stannis is the rightful heir. That is the truth of it. Whatever you think of him does not matter.
He's also bringing a new religion with him. Much like The Andals did before him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom