• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones - Season 2 - George RR Martin's Song of Ice and Fire - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
Any middle child can tell you, middle children always get the brunt of it. I can totally understand Stannis being obsessed with justice.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
[light ACoK stuff]

Stannis is ok, he's more like a point of convergence in my eyes because the interesting aspects regarding his actions are always related to Davos and Mel.

Not arguing against him having the right to the throne but it's kind of sad how he feels it's a strong argument that will convince people to join his army. The fall of the Targaryens was just some years ago, when you consider how the Baratheons got there and the reason everyone liked/wanted to help Robert to begin with, it's clear only a few would want to side with him. I also like how in the books it's obvious that the vast majority of cities don't give two fucks about who's sitting on the throne since they're too busy getting killed and having their houses burned. They just want that shit to end. Even King's Landing quickly goes to shit and everyone's biggest worry is having something to eat.

ACoK
The shadow she spawns under Dragonstone isn't the shadow that kills Renly though. If I'm missing something tell me, but that seems to be the issue with the timing from what I gather.
ACoK
I think he's implying that they will simply have Renly under siege and inside the castle (instead of in his tent in the field). Seems like a reasonable adjustment to me.

I added the "Pledge Your Allegiance" house videos to the OP.

I really like the packaging. There's a decent world map, a chart showing the different families and who is married to who, and some nice pictures. The family chart will be useful if I end up introducing more of my friends to the series.
Has anyone seen scans of these? Might be more useful content for the OP if they're around somewhere.

Anyone that's trying to introduce friends/family to the series might also find the printable viewers guide and the online viewers guide useful.

Wray

tumblr_m153v8V6se1qzlt9yo9_r1_250.gif

Oh shit I bet you're right. Awesome

I think that's the scene also. However, I think that scene will end episode 1 instead. I've seen Maester Cressen in various scenes throughout these previews. Too many I think to fit into an intro sequence. I think they are going to stretch out his conflict with Mel throughout the whole first episode.

(ACOK intro)
I think that's the scene also. However, I think that scene will end episode 1 instead. I've seen Maester Cressen in various scenes throughout these previews. Too many I think to fit into an intro sequence. I think they are going to stretch out his conflict with Mel throughout the whole first episode.

So then what do you think the intro scene is going to be if they are saving the book intro for the last scene in the episode?

The ones in the OP are just as good. If the HBO one had pictures of the actors playing the parts then it would be perfect.
Doesn't the HBO one have pictures of the actors? I'll take a look at my blu-ray packaging insert when I get home later.
So then what do you think the intro scene is going to be if they are saving the book intro for the last scene in the episode?
[ACoK]
IIRC, one of the early viewers says that someone gets killed in under a minute during the premiere, and I assumed that was Cressen. If there's lots of footage of him, then it's probably someone else and he gets it at the end of the episode(?)

calza

ACoK
I think he's implying that they will simply have Renly under siege and inside the castle (instead of in his tent in the field). Seems like a reasonable adjustment to me.

That doesn't make any sense though.

Stannis puts Storm's End under seige, Renly hears of this and rushes back. So Stannis is in between Renly's army and Storm's End.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Doesn't the HBO one have pictures of the actors? I'll take a look at my blu-ray packaging insert when I get home later.
I meant the one you have in the OP.

http://i.imgur.com/xYXAh.png

If that one had the pictures of the actors then it would be perfect.

The one in the BD set is pretty much like the other one you have in the OP but it also has the house sigil pic for actors that weren't in season 1. You can see it here. The map isn't a separate page, it's the back of the family trees.

Oc01l.jpg

Like I said, the family trees in the OP are just as good and so are the maps.

Wray

There may not be one. The S1 one intro could have just been a series intro instead of a season intro. Though, I hope we get one each season.

If we do, then perhaps it's going to be
the Burning of the Seven scene?

There may not be one. The S1 one intro could have just been a series intro instead of a season intro. Though, I hope we get one each season.

If we do, then perhaps it's going to be
the Burning of the Seven scene?

ACoK
Look to the GIFs.

It looks like the Prologue Scene is in.

Why would it be anything else but
the prologue... it sets up everything most of all the comet that everyone references

Biggest lock in all of Westeros.

Finale teaser poster from HBO via WiC.net:

One more note from the press release:
WiC.net said:
Additionally, HBO announced that there have been some updates to the Game of Thrones Viewers Guide. Currently they have a “Catch-Up Guide” to refresh viewers on the events of season one. The season two info will go up on the Guide soon after the April 1st premiere. This all-new content will include “the first official map of Essos ever published, updated family trees and character pages, an expanded Appendix with new detail on Westeros, and custom map overlays that illustrate some of the most exciting action from Season Two.”

bengraven

You know, I do think the whole Greyjoy thingis a bit of a spoiler. Not blaming you Cornballer, but HBO marketing mostly. Choose your house?
At this point many viewers who have never read the books assume that Theon is basically Robb's best friend and suddenly there he is in the Greyjoy trailers talking about becoming a king.

Now after the first episode or two it will make sense, but I suppose I can where some people have been upset by it.

Now after the first episode or two it will make sense, but I suppose I can where some people have been upset by it.
I pulled that stuff out of the other OP (no book spoilers) along with a few other things. I figure most people around here don't care too much. If you're willing to watch trailers and other preview content, you're subjecting yourself to a certain amount of spoilers.

bengraven

I pulled that stuff out of the other OP (no book spoilers) along with a few other things. I figure most people around here don't care too much. If you're willing to watch trailers and other preview content, you're subjecting yourself to a certain amount of spoilers.

I'm totally in agreement with you, just that GAF has been really touchy about even the most minor spoilers lately.

In the Walking Dead thread they were upset because the final shot of the season finale showed a prison in the distance. People who weren't able to make out exactly what it was maybe because it's huge or they had bad receptions were suddenly pissed off because other people were saying it's a prison. "I don't want to know that".

So I'm just holding hands here. I don't think you should remove anything from the OP except maybe the title banner, which can get put back in a couple weeks later.

So I'm just holding hands here.
Qr4pF.gif

I don't think you should remove anything from the OP except maybe the title banner, which can get put back in a couple weeks later.
Buckethead was nice enough to remove the character images from the title banner for the other thread, but I think the one in this thread should be ok as it is. I can adjust it on the fly if more people have a problem with it. I suppose another solution would be to add another row of characters to the cast list to clarify who that is. Addtions would include:
Balon Greyjoy, Hodor, Dolorous Edd, Hot Pie, Shagga, and Drizz Lannister, of course. ;)

bengraven

Qr4pF.gif

Buckethead was nice enough to remove the character images from the title banner for the other thread, but I think the one in this thread should be ok as it is. I can adjust it on the fly if more people have a problem with it. I suppose another solution would be to add another row of characters to the cast list to clarify who that is. Addtions would include:
Balon Greyjoy, Hodor, Dolorous Edd, Hot Pie, Shagga, and Drizz Lannister, of course. ;)

I don't see why you can't have a character roster as long as it's up to date with the beginning of the show. Except I'd remove
Drizz so you don't ruin Tyrion's death scene in the first episode /s[poiler]

Snake

In the Walking Dead thread they were upset because the final shot of the season finale showed a prison in the distance. People who weren't able to make out exactly what it was maybe because it's huge or they had bad receptions were suddenly pissed off because other people were saying it's a prison. "I don't want to know that"
It's probably a good thing that I'm not a moderator, because I'm sure I'd ban anyone being that irrationally sensitive to "spoilers."

I don't see why you can't have a character roster as long as it's up to date with the beginning of the show....
Heh.
Poor Rickon, he doesn't even make the cast list in the OP.
[ACoK]
Does he end up doing much in A Clash of Kings other than being around when other things happen? I'm curious how much of him we'll end up seeing before a few major incidents towards the back end of the season. He very rarely got screen time in S1, and I don't know how much more he'll get in S2...

Also, screeners are on their way to critics:
Tim Goodman said:
HBO says "Game of Thrones" screeners went out yesterday, should arrive today. I'm tweeting this from my porch in anticipation.

Hari Seldon

So gaf I don't know what to think about the chick from Tudors who is playing Margery Tyrell. I'm watching Tudors now on netflix and she alternates between being super hot and very odd looking with that ultra asymmetrical smirk she has. Other than my should I fap? dilemma, she is perfect casting for Tyrell.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
[ACoK]
Does he end up doing much in A Clash of Kings other than being around when other things happen? I'm curious how much of him we'll end up seeing before a few major incidents towards the back end of the season. He very rarely got screen time in S1, and I don't know how much more he'll get in S2...
(ACoK)
You're right, he does nothing. I just like bringing him up because people always ignore him. :p

jett

D-Member
So gaf I don't know what to think about the chick from Tudors who is playing Margery Tyrell. I'm watching Tudors now on netflix and she alternates between being super hot and very odd looking with that ultra asymmetrical smirk she has. Other than my should I fap? dilemma, she is perfect casting for Tyrell.

series spoilers
due to her age...shit's gonna be awkward later on

Clevinger

In the Walking Dead thread they were upset because the final shot of the season finale showed a prison in the distance. People who weren't able to make out exactly what it was maybe because it's huge or they had bad receptions were suddenly pissed off because other people were saying it's a prison. "I don't want to know that".

I saw one dude get super pissy because Cornballer didn't put the episode title in spoilers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom