• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones - Season 2 - George RR Martin's Song of Ice and Fire - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puddles

Banned
Cornballer or whoever knows:

(First 3 books)
Do we know if Barristan's actor will be appearing in Season 2 as Arstan?

Cornballer or whoever knows:

(First 3 books)
Do we know if Barristan's actor will be appearing in Season 2 as Arstan?
(ASoS)
He's not listed in the cast, and they didn't cast Belwas either, so I'm assuming that's pushed back into S3.

Nice OT!

2011-04-26_Emilia_Clarke.jpg

Oh my...

More tweets from lacob:

Jace Lacob ‏ @televisionary

Ep 204 of #GameOfThrones is fantastic: majesty, mystery, and a dance of shadows. An amazing installment filled with brutality and wit

Jace Lacob ‏ @televisionary

Now I'm kind of sad that I have to wait another month for a new episode of #GameOfThrones. But the first four episodes of S2 are fantastic.

Detailed review/description of the first episode, from a non-book reader who attended the premier
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YJ7PDK-VHY&feature=player_embedded

Spoilers, obviously

edit: hm, very interesting. [ACOK spoilers]:
Interesting, the Melisandre/Cressen scene does not end the episode. I would have bet cash money it would be the end scene but apparently it happens in the middle or something.

Not a fan of the new scene he describes. Littlefinger is certainly crass enough to insult Cersei in a subtle manner, but it would be ridiculous for him to blatantly say he knows of the incest. If the scene is well done, more power to them. But that's something my inner book-fan heart might reject lol.

Graphic baby deaths? Something tells me to outrage won't be nearly as loud over that when compared to the Lady death outrage lmao

The foreboding nature of the final scene sounds awesome. Can't wait

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
I just started this show the other day. I'm watching episode 4 right now. I've yet to be pulled into this show.

Strange. I was pretty much pulled into it by the end of the first episode. After the third, it was clear to me that this was going to be something special.

Wray

(ASoS)
He's not listed in the cast, and they didn't cast Belwas either, so I'm assuming that's pushed back into S3.

Yeah I'm assuming they are pushing that scene to Astapor for an early S3 scene. It would be make a great episode ending. Although, it would have made a great S2 ending scene for Dany's arc too.

More from Maureen Ryan:

Kind of odd situation with Ryan. She clearly didn't like much of the early episodes of S1, despite saying they were great on twitter before the season aired. I remember her liking the pilot and especially ep6, where she felt the season seemed to find its footing. Like everyone, she really liked the Alan Taylor eps from S1, so I definitely think it's great that he's directing the first two this time.

I wish more of my friends were into this show so I could talk about it more. I will be pimping it heavily on Facebook in the next couple weeks.

ShaneDude

I just finished season 1 and I loved it so i got all the ebooks. Should I just start the second book or start from the beginning?

I just finished season 1 and I loved it so i got all the ebooks. Should I just start the second book or start from the beginning?
You'll miss out on a lot of back story if you skip the first book, so I'd recommend reading it if you have the time and interest.

Exciting to hear Mo Ryan say s2 starts off as strong as the last few episodes of s1. That's exactly what I'm hoping for. I also wasn't crazy about the first half of s1.

I just started this show the other day. I'm watching episode 4 right now. I've yet to be pulled into this show.

It doesn't hit its stride until the 6th or 7th episode. The first season/book is effectively one huge prologue, too, so the impending second season should make for a meatier experience.

It doesn't hit its stride until the 6th or 7th episode. The first season/book is effectively one huge prologue, too, so the impending second season should make for a meatier experience.

I disagree. If you're not hooked by "the things I do for love," then you're not going to enjoy this show. That sentiment has held true for all of my friends and family who have given the show a chance.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I disagree. If you're not hooked by "the things I do for love," then you're not going to enjoy this show. That sentiment has held true for all of my friends and family who have given the show a chance.
Yep, at the end of the first episode the only thing my brother said was "start the next episode right now". I will admit though that after the 6th episode he watched the rest of the season one after the other.

I didn't think they nailed the tone and pacing until much later on. Story-wise the 'Bran II rule' does still apply, but until the last few episodes it felt more like a weirdly translated book than an actual TV show, if that makes any sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom