• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameFAQs pollers agree with Iwata to some extent.

Hellraizah

The Shadow said:
thumb.gif

That's pretty much my thoughts. Why *wouldn't* people want an extra mode of gameplay? Can you really consider yourself a gamer if you care more for a companies bottom line rather than additional gameplay possibilities?
Yeah, but if the company doesn't make any profits, there goes your chance of seeing sequels to games you like, and bla bla bla bla bla

SantaC

The Shadow said:
thumb.gif

That's pretty much my thoughts. Why *wouldn't* people want an extra mode of gameplay? Can you really consider yourself a gamer if you care more for a companies bottom line rather than additional gameplay possibilities?

those additional gameplay possibilities (online) might affect the polish of the overral game. Etc single player.

I am not saying it would, but it can.

Hellraizah

SantaCruZer said:
those additional gameplay possibilities (online) might affect the polish of the overral game. Etc single player.

Well, let's say there would be online play on GameCube, it would only add to already fun multiplayer games.

Beach Spikers
Super Monkey Ball 1 & 2
Wario Ware
Mario Party
Super Smash Brothers

and the list goes on and on and on, it would only be adding the option to play online. I would buy a lot more GameCube games because of this, Four Swords, for example, would have been bought right on launch.

FightyF

Banned
I have no scientific evidence to back this up, so I won't state it as fact...

...but to me it's obvious that most people who hang out at GameFaqs are the type who play RPGs and single player games to begin with.

Even when looking at the Xbox's Top 10...there isn't ONE online multiplayer game on there.

So the poll can't be considered an accurate measuring stick. I'd rather use polls that are on sites like Gaming-Age, or Videogames.Com/Gamespot, or even IGN.

The only online game recieving a lot of attention on that site is Ragnarock Online. Perhaps that can account for the 33% that totally disagrees with Iwata's comments.

As far as online play is concerned...

No online play = one less reason to buy Nintendo's next console

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Kobun, where we're missing each other is where you seem to assume that any online game offering fails to generate or at least sustain profit. You're pulling the same tactic as Nintendo - focusing on the perceived failures to prove the validity of your argument.

speaking of console manufacturers, they're two out of the three who've made an effort at it.
And continue to do so. In sega's case now, on multiple consoles.

The only reason I didn't include Sony is because I'm not sure they've lost money on it, although I'd assume they are.
Why assume such a thing? What are the costs that are so astronomical that virtually ensure money is lost?

SantaCruZer said:

Well, developers arn't forced to utilize those online networks, they just have the option.

That's what I'm getting at. What's the problem with just having that as an additial option? Developers have more room to design their games, gamers have an extra gameplay option. Unless you work for the console manufacturers yourself, I don't see how you could even agree that online gaming shouldn't be there, as an option.

Just doesn't make sense. If your income depends on such a decision, then I'd understand. However, the people that seem to be disagreeing are the bottom teir, the consumer. You'd think they'd WANT more options. Not more limited options because it makes some suit at a company in another country more money.

Just my 2 cents...

Top Bottom