• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 2 |OT| ...Maria...MARIA!!!

Aladuf or anyone else interested in helping finish a Horde game on Normal here soon? We're on Wave 39. Just need about two or three more people.

WindBelow

Neo Member
ToyMachine228 said:
Aladuf or anyone else interested in helping finish a Horde game on Normal here soon? We're on Wave 39. Just need about two or three more people.

Yo, I will play tonight if you want (i'm on the west coast)

Gamertag: Attrix

Aladuf

Banned
ToyMachine228 said:
Are you on now? I'll get on for a little bit and help out before me and Third do some Wingman in an hour.

Aladuf said:
Are you on now? I'll get on for a little bit and help out before me and Third do some Wingman in an hour.

All right I'll try to get my Horde partner on. If we can recruit anyone else, let's do it.

GT= RyoGCH

Thanks Aladuf, Full Recovery and ThirdEngine. Was fun playing with you guys. Definitely down to play multiplayer any time I'm on as well. So throw me an invite if you see me on and you guys are playing.

Aladuf

Banned
ToyMachine228 said:
Thanks Aladuf, Full Recovery and ThirdEngine. Was fun playing with you guys. Definitely down to play multiplayer any time I'm on as well. So throw me an invite if you see me on and you guys are playing.
No problem, it's been a while since we've all messed around in Horde so it was fun. I'll definitely send an invite your way for MP whenever.

DoomGyver

DevelopmentArrested said:
The two piece (melee then shoot with shotgun) bullshit ruins this game's multiplayer. Every scrub is using it now and it's unblockable.

It's not really as bad as it used to be in Gears 1, at least now if someone 2 pieces you, you have time to shoot them before they can shoot you.

I two piece all of the time ;p

DevelopmentArrested said:
The two piece (melee then shoot with shotgun) bullshit ruins this game's multiplayer. Every scrub is using it now and it's unblockable.

It's very strange.

I'll either have a fantastic experience online (usually with a 5-man team to lubricate matchmaking) or an absolutely terrible one. The inconsistency is killing me. The two-piece works, or it doesn't. It's like there's no middle ground.

bumpkin

Domino Theory said:
Soo...

I was just smoke naded, flanked and two pieced by a bot.

Anyone have a bullet to the head I could borrow?
Me and some friends played submission with the meatflag on insane, two insane bots on the opposing team and a single insane bot on ours. We got two-pieced and 'naded to shit by those AI-driven sons of bitches! It took us 15-20 minutes to finally get the meatflag to the scoring zone. We quit the game after the second round; getting to five was going to take forever. :lol

Shins

Banned
palmas.jpg

GhaleonEB

I have a code for the 48 hour Live trial, the Flashback Map Pack, and the gold Lancer if anyone wants them.

(Peeled the label out of curiosity before playing the game much - so they're up for grabs now that I'm not going to use them.)

bimet

GhaleonEB said:
I have a code for the 48 hour Live trial, the Flashback Map Pack, and the gold Lancer if anyone wants them.

(Peeled the label out of curiosity before playing the game much - so they're up for grabs now that I'm not going to use them.)

Would like to try the gold lancer, please. I voted for Bams if that gets me extra credit!

h3ro

What was goin' on tonight? Everyone was a little extra touchy...

I was only one for two matches though, so maybe I just caught everyone during a bad streak or something... freakin' Aladouche.

GhaleonEB

bimet said:
Would like to try the gold lancer, please. I voted for Bams if that gets me extra credit!
That works! Just sent the PM. Also sent the Live trial to someone asking via PM, which leaves the map pack. I realize that's the least useful since everyone got that, but in case anyone got it used, just let me know via PM.

Fuck, every other execution I can do fine, but every time I try and pick someone up for a shield I just jump right past them, and get killed by some other dude on their team, or the original guy getting back up. Fuck.

Flunkie

Banned
h3ro said:

I was only one for two matches though, so maybe I just caught everyone during a bad streak or something... freakin' Aladouche.
Everyone seemed to be getting frustrated tonight. I'm personally done with the game until it's patched. Anytime I play now, I'm getting more pissed off because of the stupid things than I am actually having fun.

KevinRo

fuck man. the golden lancer eludes me. everytime someone donates one i'm late to PM for it. when there was a glitch to get it, i was late to it. i'm almost at the point where i'd get on my knees and give some head for thsi shit. it's pissing me off.

Scarecrow

KevinRo said:
fuck man. the golden lancer eludes me. everytime someone donates one i'm late to PM for it. when there was a glitch to get it, i was late to it. i'm almost at the point where i'd get on my knees and give some head for thsi shit. it's pissing me off.
Don't let it bug you. It's so superficial and tacky. I almost felt embarassed the few times I equiped it instead of the regular lancer.

Go kill a dude that has it equiped to satiate your gold lust.

bimet

KevinRo said:
Shit, now I feel bad. I'm sure Scarecrow is right; it probably looks no better than the original. I'm sure the shiny sparkles coming off its sexy golden curves is no reason to feel left out.

Oh yeah, and it worked. Thanks Ghaleon!

KevinRo

Scarecrow said:
Don't let it bug you. It's so superficial and tacky. I almost felt embarassed the few times I equiped it instead of the regular lancer.

Go kill a dude that has it equiped to satiate your gold lust.

It's banned in MLG but... there is nothing like chainsawing a motherfucker with a golden lancer. Anyways, I have an extra golden hammerburst if someone wants one just PM me, and don't get mad if I don't reply in a while.

*edit* gave it away to scarecrow, sorry dudes

Aladuf

Banned
h3ro said:

Yeah, I was getting a bit frustrated but that tends to happen when the bitching starts flowing back and forth between a couple people. I ended up leaving to go play Gears 1 so I could finally convince myself that it's not better than Gears 2, and once I played it for a good 10 minutes I rushed Gears 2 back into my console and was good to go again.

For all the problems Gears 2 has, Gears 1 is just a sloppy mess compared to it.

clav

claviertekky said:
Wow so now I'm on level 38 horde (completed 36 and 37 by myself), and now I always get raped by the flame torcher.

Gears 2 has too many problems that were not fixed.

bimet

claviertekky said:
Wow so now I'm on level 38 horde (completed 36 and 37 by myself), and now I always get raped by the flame torcher.

Gears 2 has too many problems that were not fixed.

I'd be happy to help you but got too much noise going at my place so I wouldn't be able to use a headset. Horde is just not fun without any team work.

And what are you talking about?! There's nothing wrong with Gears 2! It's perfect! Its got zero problems. ZERO! Just look at the above.

Aladuf

Banned
Full Recovery said:
Gears 2 has problems? Wut U SMOKIN?!
Shit, despite what I said, those "problems" :)P) that I mentioned made me feel empty without them in Gears 1 when I played the matches. Like I mentioned to you and Third, I kept trying to use my smokes to pop people when they charged at me and I had noone to back me up but they were no use. And also, the Gears 1 cover system is a wreck compared to Gears 2.. how we ever wallbounced in that game and came up with successful results is beyond me.

clav

bimet said:
I'd be happy to help you but got too much noise going at my place so I wouldn't be able to use a headset. Horde is just not fun without any team work.

And what are you talking about?! There's nothing wrong with Gears 2! It's perfect! Its got zero problems. ZERO! Just look at the above.
WTF are you talking about? Hit delay damage is still there. Host advantage is way too obvious now.

Hammer24

Banned
Maybe I´m a tad late to the party, but I just finished Act2. And this game is dope on a stick... thus far my GOTY for sure.
Chainsawing out of that giant rockworm all drenched in blood was beyond awesome

Gig

One man's junk is another man's treasure
Goddamn cyclops!!!!

Also, these lag and matchmaking problems are really starting to ruin the fun of horde.

dakiparu

Full Recovery said:
Does anyone know when this beta is going to end?

the problems are so many and so deeply structured I dubt Epic will ever be able to patch them. I mean they could even fix some of the glitches, shotgun power, chainsaw efficiency, granades timing but the lag and host power are a more serious affair since they are related to the quality of netcode. A partial solution could be, as many suggested, to lock matchmaking so to have territorial based matches only (euros vs euros, US vs US/Canada). IMO this can make things better, but host power has to be removed from code lines within netcode and unfortunately this would require a total reprogram of the game itself. We only have to hope that EPIC fires every idiot who gave us the mess that was GOW1 and passed it to GOW2 saying it was a problem nomore!

JB1981

I just shut the game off last night in frustration because this Reaver sequence where you have to shoot the rockets ..... as your traveling out of the caves .... is soooo fucking annoying. And no, I'm not zoomed in as the rockets approach me.

Beaulieu

claviertekky said:
So is this game worth $35? I'm about to send it back to Gamefly for Left 4 Dead.

Single player is awesome, but I wont play it more than twice, and MP is not really that good.

Left4dead mp is better, imho.

JB1981 said:
I just shut the game off last night in frustration because this Reaver sequence where you have to shoot the rockets ..... as your traveling out of the caves .... is soooo fucking annoying. And no, I'm not zoomed in as the rockets approach me.
Uh, you can move. Dodge them.

Top Bottom