• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 2 |OT| ...Maria...MARIA!!!

h3ro

Chinner said:
This makes me think; I wonder if The Behemoth have given up with their Castle Crashers patch.

They made their money off us (didn't they sell like 250K at launch) and said fuck it... :/

Teknoman

Chinner said:
This makes me think; I wonder if The Behemoth have given up with their Castle Crashers patch.

They better not. I STILL want to do some online GAF run throughs. Also no one ever showed up for the Duke Nukem 3d 8 player co-op.

h3ro said:
They made their money off us (didn't they sell like 250K at launch) and said fuck it... :/
Are there still character resets and level crashing problems? I was going to buy CC over christmas, would have brought it already but the 360 died.

If they left it and said fuck it, surely no one would buy their new games and they are just hurting themselves.

Teknoman

Well my game works fine offline, no crashes or save deletes, but I cant stay connected to anyone online (Castle Crashers that is).

If The Behemoth have the audacity to claim that its the certification process that is delaying the Castle Crashers patch I will personally post an angry reply on a Castle Crashers related thread on an internet forum.

Good to know that Epic are working on fixes though, got pwned in co-op campaign the other day when my arms got stuck in 'turret holding' mode. :/

Chinner said:

I swear I was about to post the same thing. It's been what over 2 months and still no patch for that fuckin game. I don't think I will be buying any more Behemoth products.

sionyboy said:
If The Behemoth have the audacity to claim that its the certification process that is delaying the Castle Crashers patch I will personally post an angry reply on a Castle Crashers related thread on an internet forum.

Pretty sure they said exactly that a few weeks ago.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
IcebergSlim3000 said:
More like their shitty patch failed cert and was sent back to the drawing board.

Yeah, makes me wonder if the Epic patch even went through the certification process or everyone just said fuck it, let's get this bitch fixed.

BenjaminBirdie said:
Pretty sure they said exactly that a few weeks ago.

Yeah I think they've pointed the finger at certification a few times. But enough is enough and this probably belongs in another thread (so I'll stop!).... :/

Y'know, I wish that we had some single player DLC to look forward to with Gears, it seems these days SP expansions are dead and maps are the way forward. I'd love a few more missions to play, why can't we have a chapter of Dom and Baird when they are off on their own, I'm sure they've got a story to tell.
Guess I'll have to keep dreaming on that front though.

DKo5

Respawn Entertainment
TU going live @ 3:40AM on Thanksgiving?

Props, Epic. Props.

And unless you've been through a cert process (demo, beta, gold, TU, or DLC - doesn't matter) you have no idea what its like. The simplest of changes can take weeks. I have faith that Epic will turn Gears 2 MP into something special to be played for a long time.

Aladuf

Banned
DKo5 said:
TU going live @ 3:40AM on Thanksgiving?

Props, Epic. Props.

And unless you've been through a cert process (demo, beta, gold, TU, or DLC - doesn't matter) you have no idea what its like. The simplest of changes can take weeks. I have faith that Epic will turn Gears 2 MP into something special to be played for a long time.
I do too, the first one had problems upon release and so does this one. The game will probably/hopefully be balanced out after a couple more patches and then MP will be completely fucking ace.

gowfans.com claims there are other changes too in the patch, mostly stuff they noticed themselves, would be awesome if true, but take it with a grain of salt:

Here's what we've noticed from the patch:

*People actually get stunned when you shoot them while they are revving the chainsaw.

*Matchmaking is a lot faster, especially with 1 or 4 people.

*Server configuration has been altered to reduce lag.

*Boomshot blindfire will no longer result in a suicide.

*'Psychedelic colors' glitch has been fixed.

*Smoke grenade "toss-up" glitch has been fixed.

http://www.gowfans.com/news.php?readmore=134

Edit: edited the wishlist stuff out.

clav

Just played a few matches.

I noticed that the stun grenade lasts a lot less now. Your character gets up faster. Maybe it's not true, but I felt that way.

My shots were pretty damn accurate for the few matches I've played. A little bullet lag, but this is much more manageable.

Matchmaking is somewhat faster. Still takes a while to find a team after finding players.

Props to Epic. I think I'll buy this game for $35 now.

Dosia

My first game after getting patched took about 2 minutes to find, but was laggy as hell. Hopefully by January the game will be fixed up.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Was busy yesterday I didn't get to post in here (SSF2THDR is awesome!), came in and saw the excellent news that Epic came through on their promise on fixing the matchmaking first and foremost - good stuff...

They got the root of the problems that I noted a long time ago as well: searching always took the longest alone (1) or with a party of 4, and they reduced the lag...

And you guys may have went a weeeeeeee bit overboard with that huge list of "fixes" - there are things in there that no doubt need fixing like the BS lag switch crap, or the meatshield glitch, but getting rid planting grenades and whatever other trivial stuff you mentioned? Oh come on.

Learn to spot them around corners and take them out with a shottie blast - and I can't recall the amount of times I caused someone to suicide with his own planted grenade...

On top of that, frags only spawn every other round, so there is always a "safe round" so to say...

Hellraizer said:
gowfans.com claims there are other changes too in the patch, mostly stuff they noticed themselves, would be awesome if true, but take it with a grain of salt:

http://www.gowfans.com/news.php?readmore=134

Edit: edited the wishlist stuff out.

The shotgun ALWAYS stunned the chainsaw in one shot before the patch - if you didn't stun them, that meant you had lag...

Anyways, gonna finish the last two or so chapters, and then I'll have Insane beaten solo...

Off-topic: Again I'm getting this weird error with YouTube where it always gives an internal error message as if some of their servers are down...

Brakara

JB1981 said:
I like River. Dudes plant smoke grenades in the house. Sit in there like little bitches all day. Great fun.

Why not throw a grenade in? A frag grenade will denotate nearby smoke grenades, and an ink grenade should smoke them out.

Chinner

Banned
How is the patch working for everyone then? Matchmaking and lag were never a problem for me so I'm curious to see if Epic have fixed this problem.

Spruchy

Matchmaking running in the background right now, think it was faster last night TBH.

Holy shitttt its been close to 10 mins and ive only found 2 other players.

Good to see Epic is acting quick to correct lag, glitches and infrastructure problems. Obviously they need more time to weight gameplay adjustment options, but it's great to see Epic is acting quick and paying attention.

Feindflug

dk_ said:
Matchmaking still takes ages for me. Bullshit.

Same here, I found 4 players earlier we waited for "an opposing team of similar skill" for 15 mins and bam! searching for teammates again - I'm still waiting to play..seriously matchmaking was a lot better for me before the patch.

dk_

ToyMachine228 said:
Good to see Epic is acting quick to correct lag, glitches and infrastructure problems. Obviously they need more time to weight gameplay adjustment options, but it's great to see Epic is acting quick and paying attention.
They've done nothing. Matchmaking takes up to 10 minutes or longer. Unplayable, nonexistent online component for me.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
dk_ said:
Matchmaking still takes ages for me. Bullshit.

* Adjustments to make Public matchmaking faster, especially in the single player party and the four player party case. Some of these adjustments should be felt immediately and some will play out over several days as our update enables us to reduce player segmentation by reducing the number of servers required to do matchmaking. This will increase the number of possible matches available for you to join.

There.

dk_ said:
They've done nothing. Matchmaking takes up to 10 minutes or longer. Unplayable, nonexistent online component for me.

Matchmaking has never taken that long for me. 2-3 minutes maybe. And lately it's been very fast. 30 seconds or less. 2-3 minutes wasn't acceptable, but it was the beginning and I haven't had to deal with it lately.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
ToyMachine228 said:
Matchmaking has never taken that long for me. 2-3 minutes maybe. And lately it's been very fast. 30 seconds or less. 2-3 minutes wasn't acceptable, but it was the beginning and I haven't had to deal with it lately.

Neither for me, and others on here...

But watch out, some people might think that you're just saying that "because it's an Xbox Exclusive!" :lol

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
turns out I suck at multiplayer.

god I'm stuck on the campaign as well, at a large courtyard near the end and lots of waves of guys come out. right after 2 maulers comes 2 bloodmounts. they run right up to me every time and just eat me. Like run directly across the courtyard, straight at me and then the second one kills me in 1 hit after I kill the first one. Fuck what is the trick to avoiding them? The battle takes around 7 minutes each time and then they kill me in 10 seconds. It's driving me batty.

BadTaste

I was playing Submission with random people and the game lasted about 40 minutes lol.

35 minutes for the first round, and 5 minutes for the second because I think they lost their morale :lol

..So yeah we won :D

BigBoss

catfish said:

god I'm stuck on the campaign as well, at a large courtyard near the end and lots of waves of guys come out. right after 2 maulers comes 2 bloodmounts. they run right up to me every time and just eat me. Like run directly across the courtyard, straight at me and then the second one kills me in 1 hit after I kill the first one. Fuck what is the trick to avoiding them? The battle takes around 7 minutes each time and then they kill me in 10 seconds. It's driving me batty.

Plant a grenade in each "staircase" when the bolodmounts spawn, before they get to you you should be able to take out a good chunk of health from them just by shooting them with the lancer. When they reach you the grenades you planted will finish them off. An easier way would've been to take the Grinder's chaingun from the previous area and tear up the bloodmounts that way.

Sumidor

catfish said:

Stay away from them and let them attack Dom. That's what I did.. Or when you see them coming at you, set some grenades up to damage them a bit and that should help. Other than that.. I got nothing.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
catfish said:

I did this alone on Insane a few hours ago, and this has to be the strategy Epic thought for it...

When you get down to the two Maulers, get rid of any grunts/wretches with them, and run around trying to get them separated - then head to the Troika in the middle, and pick them off with it as they come to you...

The reason why I say I'm sure this is the strategy meant by Epic is because the Troika can turn 360 degrees... so use the Troika to finish off the Maulers, then when they are both dead, swing around back to the door in the middle at the top of the stairs where the Bloodmounts will come through, and grind them to pieces with the Troika - fight's over...

My friend just finished the campaign, and he's watching the final cutscene now.

He says from now on he'll call Jacinto "Atlantis."
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Snowden

Banned
Didn't notice much difference when I played a few matches this afternoon. Still takes a few minutes, still a little too laggy. Hope it gets better as they said it should.

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
Just played a bunch of matches, my first friendless multiplayer session on gears that I would consider a success. About 7 games all in all, one was so laggy it took 5 seconds to pick up a weapon, my whole team finished with 0 points, 1 guy had 27! and the other team cleaned up - they only had 4 players vs our 5 too. Wonder if they were doing it deliberately because the whole opposition team just rushed right to us with shotguns out everytime, as if they knew we couldn't defend ourselves.

Anyway the rest of it was acceptable, I still think grenade planting is a pain and encourages annoying tactics (i.e. camping in River), and chainsaw is still super powerful, and yes every match turned into a smoke grenade/chainsaw orgy at some stage or another....but its not so bad on some modes like annex.

at least I can enjoy playing it regularly again, Fallout 3 can wait.

Top Bottom