• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 2 |OT| ...Maria...MARIA!!!

Shins

Banned
palmas.jpg

draven

I'd be more interested in a map pack for Gears 1 that has all the GoW2 maps. More consistent shotgun, better matchmaking, smoke grenades that just blow smoke, and new maps would do it for me better than any GoW2 map pack.

DoomGyver

Well, now not only is the match making already fucked beyond belief.. now they're gonna split the community with an 800pt map pack.

Congrats Epic, job well done.

Kibbles

No way I'm paying for this shit :lol I thought they said it was free on the show. Whatever. :lol I'm sick of paying $10 for all these 3-map packs. It adds up. I'll wait till it's free.

X3F says there is 1 remake (Gold Rush, remake of Gears PC map), 1 New map, and a re-imagination of Fuel Depot (not a full remake, it's a re-imagination. Think Sidewinder to Avalanche?).

Aladuf

Banned
Full Recovery said:
I bet this map pack wont be free until mid summer.

Guys, we have a good amount of people for a private match tonight?
Doubt it. Third and I were planning on hitting up a bots match to try out the maps when they release so you can join in with us and then after that hopefully we can get into matchmaking and get some new maps.

jdub03

regardless, I'll get it anyway. The patch is gonna come out when it comes out whether I buy their DLC or not. Their working on it. That's all I care about. Gears 2 is the only multiplayer game I'm playing at the moment so 10 bucks wont break my bank. The maps look awesome too, Especially for horde mode.

Damn why can't they get Fuel Depot in Gears 2? Its certainly large enough and to me its arguably the most balanced, well designed map of Gears of War 1.

Adamant

Banned
I think it should be free as well. This close to the release with this few original content? Even that Far Cry 2 DLC had extra weapons as well as maps. Also vehicles.

kuYuri

Jazzy Network said:
First pack in GoW1 was free although they had a sponsor.

Right, but you just answered it yourself. Let's say it wasn't sponsored, you bet they would have charged for it.

It's been like this also with Halo 3. If we're lucky, maybe they will be free months from now.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Jazzy Network said:
First pack in GoW1 was free although they had a sponsor.
Well, I could hardly think of a better sponser than the VGAs.

But seriously this is ridiculous.

I was listening to Major Nelson's podcast and they had Geoff on and he was like "there will be a gears2 announcement" and I thought "oh great a fucking mappack" and then he was like "its super omega awesome, it will blow your socks off" and I was like hmm... "campaign addon.. new mode? something cool"

So I just tuned into the rerun and they have this dolled up covergirl wearing a ridiculous leather outfit talking how hot she is and talking to the fucking Cole Train and then she announces a FUCKING MAPPACK! :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

what the fuck man?

Falagard

It's not going to be free. If it was free, it would have been mentioned several times during the VGA awards.

If it was being provided for free by Epic, without a sponsor, they would have said so. Jeff Keighley would mentioned. It would have been mentioned in the trailer.

If it was being sponsored by a company like the first Gears map pack was (Future Weapons TV series or something) then the sponsor likely would have been mentioned.

I'm confident it will cost something. 800 points sounds like it's in the realm of possibility.

Gig

One man's junk is another man's treasure
Goddamn I can't believe some of these people. Were doing great, in the low 30's, I had the shields placed in such a way that it was impossible for The Locust to come in (the map was Hail btw), my team was very talkative and bouts of stupidity were kept to a minimum, and then................................................

"I getting hungry, I gotta go"

WTF!!!!!!!! Thanks a lot you douchebag.

Man, Epic needs to change it to allow people to join midgame or at least have a severe penalty for quitting.

Fuck.

And Aladuf, we to get in some Horde action (I don't even think have played Horde with you yet).

Falagard said:
It's not going to be free. If it was free, it would have been mentioned several times during the VGA awards.

That's a good point. Looks like I won't be coming back to Gears 2 anytime soon. It's a shame. I love the core Gears gameplay, I've just been turned off by the god damn Smoke grenade spam, and now this doesn't help.

Teknoman

ToyMachine228 said:
That's a good point. Looks like I won't be coming back to Gears 2 anytime soon. It's a shame. I love the core Gears gameplay, I've just been turned off by the god damn Smoke grenade spam, and now this doesn't help.

Did I miss something? Havent been online with Gears 2 in awhile, due to trying to finish my LBP second level, and crash through Tales of Vesperia's end in time for christmas...but smoke grenades are being spammed now?

Gunstar77

GAF Madden 2006 Season 1 NFC Champ
Aladuf said:
So are we able to download it now from that link? It says "download to your 360 now" but I've never downloaded anything from the XBLM from the website before so I have no clue how it works.

I am not sure how it works.

Gunstar77

GAF Madden 2006 Season 1 NFC Champ
Teknoman said:
Did I miss something? Havent been online with Gears 2 in awhile, due to trying to finish my LBP second level, and crash through Tales of Vesperia's end in time for christmas...but smoke grenades are being spammed now?

Actually I find the regular grenades are much more of a problem. People just sit up where the grenades spawn at and just tag all around the area. Personally I think the grenades respawn too fast, the other weapons respawn far less.

Teknoman said:

Throw throw throw your nade, gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily , life is but a scream.

gears-of-war-2-20080706104450202-000.jpg

DoomGyver

Aladuf said:
I just turned on the Xbox and the maps are available on the Marketplace.

Third, go buy the maps and get back on now!

I just bought the maps : /

I am so weak.

Edit: how long do you think it'll take Epic to update the playlist so we can actually play our 800pt maps?

Aladuf

Banned
Full Recovery said:
I just bought the maps : /

I am so weak.

Edit: how long do you think it'll take Epic to update the playlist so we can actually play our 800pt maps?
There's already a playlist for the map pack.

Top Bottom