• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 2 |OT| ...Maria...MARIA!!!

Kydd BlaZe

Was thinking about getting back into this for the Dark Corners DLC. Looks like this game is still as fucked up as ever, though *sigh*

Guess i'll just stick to BF1943 for the rest of the summer :\

Lothars

Kydd BlaZe said:
Was thinking about getting back into this for the Dark Corners DLC. Looks like this game is still as fucked up as ever, though *sigh*

Guess i'll just stick to BF1943 for the rest of the summer :\

It's definitely not that bad, it's alot better than it's ever been and with the new maps, it should be great.

AnnSwag

angry @ Blu-Ray's success
Is there going to be a difference in performance between 1 bulk 700mb+ or 4 separate files with all the maps and such?

I just played a Wingman with the following:

-- 3 from Canada
-- 1 from France
-- 1 from Mexico
-- 1 from Spain
-- 1 from United Kingdom
-- 3 from United States

Does Epic even fucking try to region filter this shit anymore?

AnEternalEnigma said:
Why is my achievement book in the War Journal only 7 pages long?

This game has so many glitches, this is just one of them. Sometime it just shows 7 pages of your Journal, but when you go back to the dashboard and get back on, it shows you the full thing, this is retarded but oh well, its Gears 2. Blame EPIC!

Zezboob

AnEternalEnigma said:
Does Epic even fucking try to region filter this shit anymore?
IIRC, Epic disabled it. It was causing trouble for some people to find a match.

Anyways, it was not really that efficient. People wanted a true option, free to able/disable, preventing to jump on games with latency higher than 100ms.

JB1981

TU4 has this new glitch where either the host or someone else will just be impossible to shoot. You can shoot at them like a thousand times, point blank, and the bullets will not register at all. Yet another glitch. Crazy... they should stop updating the game and just let it be or something. Hey, at least they fixed the smoke ragdoll bullshit.

Kydd BlaZe

JB1981 said:
TU4 has this new glitch where either the host or someone else will just be impossible to shoot. You can shoot at them like a thousand times, point blank, and the bullets will not register at all. Yet another glitch. Crazy... they should stop updating the game and just let it be or something. Hey, at least they fixed the smoke ragdoll bullshit.
Yeah saw some videos of this on youtube.

:\

mattso

I have definitely played a game where that glitch must have been active. I shot this one guy with the hammerburst + perfect active reload a ton of times as he just casually worked his way over and then killed me in one hit with the shotgun.

Tomcat

mattso said:
I have definitely played a game where that glitch must have been active. I shot this one guy with the hammerburst + perfect active reload a ton of times as he just casually worked his way over and then killed me in one hit with the shotgun.

thats a typical gears 2 moment not a glitch :D

rnwd

Banned
Funny to look back at all the hype on the first few pages now. :p

Full Recovery said:
gow2_dualheadshot.gif

fapfapfapfapfapfapfap

Nice thread Duf, HOPE RUNS DEEP NOV. 7th

Jinjo

Picked this up again recently in preparation for the new map packs. If you have a match with a good connection, this game is so incredibly awesome. When you have a match with anything less than a good connection this game becomes one of the most frustrating online games I have ever played.

I keep playing for the good games and I will pick up the map pack, because for some reason this game keeps me hooked to it.

I do like the new gameplay updates though. Smoke is no longer annoying, but still useful. Matchmaking itself is tolerable. You just get a lot of crappy connections.

Oh and goldenpp72; I had the same thing happen to me only through voice-chat when I accidently killed someone else's down. He actually said he wasn't going to revive me for the remainder of the match.:lol Some guys need to chill out. It happens when some random teammate is shooting an opponent when I am burning his ass with a flamethrower.

For the rest of the match, I ended up reviving his ass a few times. And got a few kills "stolen" from me during that match. You don't hear me whining.

mattso

Jinjo said:
Picked this up again recently in preparation for the new map packs. If you have a match with a good connection, this game is so incredibly awesome. When you have a match with anything less than a good connection this game becomes one of the most frustrating online games I have ever played.

I keep playing for the good games and I will pick up the map pack, because for some reason this game keeps me hooked to it.

I do like the new gameplay updates though. Smoke is no longer annoying, but still useful. Matchmaking itself is tolerable. You just get a lot of crappy connections.

Oh and goldenpp72; I had the same thing happen to me only through voice-chat when I accidently killed someone else's down. He actually said he wasn't going to revive me for the remainder of the match.:lol Some guys need to chill out. It happens when some random teammate is shooting an opponent when I am burning his ass with a flamethrower.

For the rest of the match, I ended up reviving his ass a few times. And got a few kills "stolen" from me during that match. You don't hear me whining.

Yeah when people complain about kill stealing when you are both next to the dude shooting/using melee attacks and they down them and you kill them a half second later is stupid.

It is a little annoying if you clearly downed a guy and you are walking up to them for the kill and someone takes it but it is not the end of the world people make it out to be.

kamspy

Did everyone get the details on the SP add-on?

That's what I was looking forward to most, and it sounded bland from the recap I read.

Anyone who has one of those leaked copies I'm reading about, please shed some light on the SP add-on if you would be so kind.

Gears 2 is my favorite 360 exclusive. But Epic would have got $110 out of me on release day if they did a PC version ___________(insert inflammatory comment about Epic not making a PC version here.)

cresto

I don't really have any issues with this game, but I just get tired of being paired with 4 people from central america. it makes my life a little boring when I can't communicate (not that it really makes a difference, thx party chat!), so i would appreciate playing with people who speak the only good language, evar

Bowlerguy92

Neo Member
The single player was fantastic, the online as far as I'm concerned was a complete and broken disappointment....sort of like an unwanted child! So I basically played the single player a couple times through and then sold it for almost all that I paid for it.

I got tired of being raped for maps (especially from the hypocrites at Epic who used to complain about MS making them charge for maps...lol), and the screwed up MP. I was day one on gears 1 and 2, but won't be buying any more epic products after seeing them fucking up mp over the last 4 years or so and whoring out the map packs.

gafster1

Neo Member
elrechazao said:
I got tired of being raped for maps (especially from the hypocrites at Epic who used to complain about MS making them charge for maps...lol), and the screwed up MP. I was day one on gears 1 and 2, but won't be buying any more epic products after seeing them fucking up mp over the last 4 years or so and whoring out the map packs.

Uhm, apparently we're playing different games. Gears 1 had some balance issues perhaps, but MP was still very good.

Gears 2 has been flawless IMO, sheer brilliance.

Epic has been top-shelf in every regard, I'll be Day One for whatever they have next... Gears 3 or otherwise.

gafster1 said:
Uhm, apparently we're playing different games. Gears 1 had some balance issues perhaps, but MP was still very good.

Epic has been top-shelf in every regard, I'll be Day One for whatever they have next... Gears 3 or otherwise.

Flawless? Have you never played a game online, or are you doing the "I never saw a host advantage" denial thing?

ShogunX

AnEternalEnigma said:
Too bad it's going to cost $3.

bankrupt.jpg

$3? Whoah that's almost as expensive as Xbox Live!!! I don't know how people manage to afford all of these luxury items.

Maybe they have two jobs?

Lothars

gafster1 said:

It's definitely not flawless but it's better than Gears 1 in almost every aspect but Multiplayer is not perfect, it's better than it was.

I agree that Epic is riping us off with the map packs. 10 bucks for 3 maps is shit, especially when it segregates the community. It is even worse when some of the maps are from the first Gears, and should be free. I have been playing Killing Floor on PC a shitload, and I love that the developer, Tripwire Interactive states clearly that they will never charge for game-changing content. New maps should always be free. It is what keeps people playing your game.

I have been a supporter of Epic and Gears, purchasing every piece of content released so far for both games, but no more. Fix the fucking glitches, fix the fucking netcode, and fix the fucking party chat cheating bullshit. Gears is only fun when your team has host, and then you know it is complete shit for the other team.

Maybe Gears 3 will sort out some of this, but I doubt it. I know at this point Epic doesn't give a shit about how a single gamer feels, but whatever. They know the fans will keep buying a couple maps here and there, and that makes them shit loads of cash, I am sure, so why change? It isn't even about the money. 10 bucks is nothing, but this isn't about the money.

Top Bottom