• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 2 |OT| ...Maria...MARIA!!!

Jinjo

Yesterday I got in a match were it actually took THREE WHOLE seconds before a shotgun bullet would register. Needless to say our party immediately quit that shit, there's no fun in playing that match.

Offcourse, now I fail to mention that all the other matches I played yesterday had a decent to great connection. Which lead to a whole lot less frustrations and actually blaming myself when I sucked. :lol

orion434

Kydd BlaZe said:
This just in....HIGHWAY FUCKING SUCKS...WORST MAP EVAARRRRR >:[

Carry on, folks....

I agree, especially in Horde mode... there is nowhere to hold-ground. I almost made it to lv 25 yesterday. I now just have to get to lv 50 for all these new Achievement... this is gonna take awhile.

is the all fronts pack worth it if all i want is to play horde?

like, do enough people on live have the maps to justify my purchase since i'll largely be playing w/ randoms?

WickedLaharl said:
is the all fronts pack worth it if all i want is to play horde?

like, do enough people on live have the maps to justify my purchase since i'll largely be playing w/ randoms?

Yeah it doesn't take long to get in a game on the new maps for horde. Be prepared to play with people that suck hard and will quit if they die or after they get there achievement. Every once in a while you will meet someone with decent skill, cherish that game and moment.

orion434

Annihilator said:
Yeah it doesn't take long to get in a game on the new maps for horde. Be prepared to play with people that suck hard and will quit if they die or after they get there achievement. Every once in a while you will meet someone with decent skill, cherish that game and moment.

Yeah Horde is so much fun with 5 people, always try to pick an Ice Blind map... your chances of all party members staying will be higher, for that Icy Dead People Achievement. Many people will leave after the first 6 - 7 waves if they are trying for EXP, for some reason beating Wave 1 gives the same EXP as beating Wave 50?!

AkuMifune

Banned
rayner said:
Yeah Horde is so much fun with 5 people, always try to pick an Ice Blind map... your chances of all party members staying will be higher, for that Icy Dead People Achievement. Many people will leave after the first 6 - 7 waves if they are trying for EXP, for some reason beating Wave 1 gives the same EXP as beating Wave 50?!

Yeah, it's nearly impossible to get past wave 10 on public horde on the map packs. People drop out right away if it's not a map they need an achievement for, or they stay 2-3 rounds for the XP then leave. Super frustrating. Ramping up the XP or giving a nice bonus after each 10 waves with a giant bonus at 50 would be a much better way to keep those fools around.

borsdy

Banned
I agree! There needs to be a xp multiplier or something for public horde, and I like the idea of a bonus for finishing all fifty waves.

AkuMifune said:
Yeah, it's nearly impossible to get past wave 10 on public horde on the map packs. People drop out right away if it's not a map they need an achievement for, or they stay 2-3 rounds for the XP then leave. Super frustrating. Ramping up the XP or giving a nice bonus after each 10 waves with a giant bonus at 50 would be a much better way to keep those fools around.
I am behind this idea, fights become slower and survival becomes harder, just for the same exp as the early waves. But then you need to watch out for people making private rooms, starting at wave 41 and earning multiple hundreds, exp should stack up by something like +50 every 10 waves you beat, maybe every 5 to stop so many people dropping.

Aladuf

Banned
I didn't play Gears 2 for the longest time and then I bought the Dark Corners maps and got back into it a few days ago and out of all of those maps, Nowhere is the best one. Nowhere is pretty much the best Gears map I've ever played in either of the games. So good.

Aladuf said:
I didn't play Gears 2 for the longest time and then I bought the Dark Corners maps and got back into it a few days ago and out of all of those maps, Nowhere is the best one. Nowhere is pretty much the best Gears map I've ever played in either of the games. So good.
To me it's gridlock: the sequel, it feels fair and there is multiple things you can do each round, plus it looks quite different to the regular dungeon maps.

Aladuf

Banned
Diablohead said:
To me it's gridlock: the sequel, it feels fair and there is multiple things you can do each round, plus it looks quite different to the regular dungeon maps.
That's exactly how I feel about it, it's got an even/fair layout and it has such a unique look to it.

JB1981 said:
You guys are playing Gears again now??? I thought you wrote the game off?
Well we started about three days ago. Oddly enough, out those three days I can only remember one match with bad lag. My new ISP is pretty fast so either I'm getting host or playing a match with a host who has a better connection than mine.

Aladuf

Banned
JB1981 said:
You guys are playing Gears again now??? I thought you wrote the game off?
I hadn't played it for months but Third and I just decided to give it a go and try out the new maps a few nights ago and it's been some good times. We just need RSTEIN and a few others in the old group playing again!

Gig

One man's junk is another man's treasure
Aladuf said:
I hadn't played it for months but Third and I just decided to give it a go and try out the new maps a few nights ago and it's been some good times. We just need RSTEIN and a few others in the old group playing again!

I'd love to play some gears, I don't think we've played together in ages.

Probably the best place to put this...

Anyone got or intending to read Gears of War: Jacinton's Remnant? On Amazon they have a preview thing of a few pages and its... really badly written... :/ The first one is alright, need to finish it though... Anyone out there read it?

Aladuf said:

Are the maps worth the money though?

Gig

One man's junk is another man's treasure
Man, I can't believe what happened last night. My friend and I were playing some Guardian and all through out the match instead of smokes stunning people, they were knocked down.

Wtf, did Epic change the smokes again?!

Asmodai

Banned
I was very surprised when I turned on Gears of War 2 multiplayer yesterday and the games weren't unplayably laggy.

Was I just lucky, or did one of the patches actually fix most of the issues? I mean, the matchmaking was still at a glacial pace compared to COD4 or BF1943 or something, but the game was playable and not too laggy, so I was impressed.

I'd like to play a game with you guys sometime if the issues actually have been fixed. It was funny to be number 1 in a few games while being Level 1 when the guys I'm playing against are Level 64. Shows how much level means :lol

Asmodai

Banned
Hahaha, I just played an online multiplayer game where the horrible netcode of this game actually managed to cancel itself out.

See, we were playing with some guy on the other side who had it completely lagswitched out, it was unplayably laggy for our entire team, we couldn't even communicate, it was all garbled. Of course the one host on their team got 15 kills while the rest of us had none.

Except after 3 of our 5 team members left, they were all replaced with bots.

And of course the game doesn't lag for the bots :lol So the bots kill their everyone on their team except the lagswitching host in about 5 seconds every game, and then we all gang up on the God-Host. So funny that we ended up easily winning a game where we were lagswitched thanks to the bots.

Any of you guys up for Horde on NoWhere? I need to do from 21 to 50? I already got two other guys, need one or two more to get to 50.

GT: ProGamer720

Hammer24 said:
Is the DLC expected to get a disc release? Would be the only way to get it here... :-S

As far as i know, its a NO. But there will definitely be a re-release of the game which includes all the downloadable content at some point later this year or early next year.

sweetvar26 said:
As far as i know, its a NO. But there will definitely be a re-release of the game which includes all the downloadable content at some point later this year or early next year.
I doubt they could fit all that DLC on the disc together with Gears 2.

AndyMoogle said:

I think i didn't mention this but as far as i know the game will be released with addition maps but they will have to be downloaded with a code, i think it will be similar to what we saw for Flashback maps.

sweetvar26 said:
I think i didn't mention this but as far as i know the game will be released with addition maps but they will have to be downloaded with a code, i think it will be similar to what we saw for Flashback maps.
Yeah that makes sense, but the previous poster wanted to get the maps on a disc.

Aladuf

Banned
NIGHT- said:
Well its only listed as pre-order now, with a release date as September 1st.

newegg is listing it as well, I just cant read what they have listed on the cover with my bad eyes :>

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16874103137
Seems like the little silver/grey circle on the cover says something along the lines of "The complete collection: includes every map pack...". There's more after that part, but I can't make it out. It looks like they're doing the same thing they did with Gears 1.

borsdy

Banned
AndyMoogle said:
I thought that was what they did with the Japanese release, unless of course they just threw codes in the box.

Top Bottom