• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 5.0 (Natlan) - Everything Changed When the Fire Nation Arrived

crumbs

So, anyone getting luck with prototype farm?

I'll save all I have for the next update.

I'd say over the last couple of months, I've been consistently getting at least one prototype a week between the 4 weekly bosses. I've seen a even spread of drops of different types of prototypes as well (I have 4-5 of each type saved), except...

I still have not received a bow prototype drop from a boss; I've received 2 total since launch: I bought one from an in-game shop and the other (choose your prototype) from the Klee event.

Fake

Gold Member
I'd say over the last couple of months, I've been consistently getting at least one prototype a week between the 4 weekly bosses. I've seen a even spread of drops of different types of prototypes as well (I have 4-5 of each type saved), except...

I still have not received a bow prototype drop from a boss; I've received 2 total since launch: I bought one from an in-game shop and the other (choose your prototype) from the Klee event.

Was like 4 months with only one droped. By now I guess those updates are changing the way prototypes drop because is far more easy now.

Pejo

I feel like billet selectors are going to be semi-common in events these days, so I held on to the sword ones (since most of the current craftable swords suck), but used the rest on my pet projects (Whiteblind for Noelle, Crescent Pike for Rosaria, Prototype Amber for Healer Ninguang). I don't really need any of the bows either since I got a ton of various ones from gacha, so I've saved those too I guess. We already know what the first craftable set is for Inazuma and while stylish as heck, they seem to vary in usefulness.

Sword - ATK% sub - After casting an Elemental Skill, gain 1 Succession Seed. This effect can be triggered once every 5s. The Succession Seed lasts for 30s. Up to 3 Succession Seeds may exist simultaneously. After using an Elemental Burst, all Succession Seeds are consumed and after 2s, the character regenerates 6 Energy for each seed consumed. (Might be decent for Traveler or Kaeya? Somebody with low cooldown ele skills)

Claymore and Spear - Elemental Mastery sub - Increases Elemental Skill DMG by 6%. After Elemental Skill hits an opponent, lose 3 Energy but regenerate 3 Energy every 2s for the next 6s. This effect can occur once every 10s. Can be triggered even when the character is not on the field. (Sayu may like this I guess? There aren't many support claymores currently and EM doesn't help unless the character is the one triggering the reaction so this is one of those weapons whose stats seem to be at odds with itself)

Bow- ATK% sub - Increases Normal Attack DMG by 16% and Charged ATK DMG by 12%. When the equipping character's Energy reaches 100%, this effect is increased by 100%. (This one might be good at max refine if you don't use your Burst with your bow user (maybe Yoimiya carry?)

Catalyst - ER% sub - After the character equipped with this weapon triggers an Electro elemental reaction, nearby party members of an Elemental Type involved in the elemental reaction receive a 10% Elemental DMG Bonus for their element, lasting 6s. Elemental Bonuses gained in this way cannot be stacked. (Maybe Yanfei overload teams? Or that new water catalyst Kokomi? Not sure this would be BiS for either of them though, even over the free Klee book.)

Fake

Gold Member
I feel like billet selectors are going to be semi-common in events these days, so I held on to the sword ones (since most of the current craftable swords suck), but used the rest on my pet projects (Whiteblind for Noelle, Crescent Pike for Rosaria, Prototype Amber for Healer Ninguang). I don't really need any of the bows either since I got a ton of various ones from gacha, so I've saved those too I guess. We already know what the first craftable set is for Inazuma and while stylish as heck, they seem to vary in usefulness.

Sword - ATK% sub - After casting an Elemental Skill, gain 1 Succession Seed. This effect can be triggered once every 5s. The Succession Seed lasts for 30s. Up to 3 Succession Seeds may exist simultaneously. After using an Elemental Burst, all Succession Seeds are consumed and after 2s, the character regenerates 6 Energy for each seed consumed. (Might be decent for Traveler or Kaeya? Somebody with low cooldown ele skills)

Claymore and Spear - Elemental Mastery sub - Increases Elemental Skill DMG by 6%. After Elemental Skill hits an opponent, lose 3 Energy but regenerate 3 Energy every 2s for the next 6s. This effect can occur once every 10s. Can be triggered even when the character is not on the field. (Sayu may like this I guess? There aren't many support claymores currently and EM doesn't help unless the character is the one triggering the reaction so this is one of those weapons whose stats seem to be at odds with itself)

Bow- ATK% sub - Increases Normal Attack DMG by 16% and Charged ATK DMG by 12%. When the equipping character's Energy reaches 100%, this effect is increased by 100%. (This one might be good at max refine if you don't use your Burst with your bow user (maybe Yoimiya carry?)

Catalyst - ER% sub - After the character equipped with this weapon triggers an Electro elemental reaction, nearby party members of an Elemental Type involved in the elemental reaction receive a 10% Elemental DMG Bonus for their element, lasting 6s. Elemental Bonuses gained in this way cannot be stacked. (Maybe Yanfei overload teams? Or that new water catalyst Kokomi? Not sure this would be BiS for either of them though, even over the free Klee book.)

The bow looks great. Maybe I'll boost Amber after all. The sword looks like born to Kaeya.

crumbs

That bow could work on Ganyu for a lot of situations when you're relying on her charged shots. I end up not using her burst much since it's so OP, but even then, it can recharge pretty quick at 60 energy.

Last edited:

Lupingosei

Banned

I got 2 Claymores in the last 2 weeks and was able to finish Noelle's Whiteblind.

I have some swords laying around because I have more 4star swords than I need.

Else I am empty, but then again I am only playing for 2 months and did not have that many events still upgrade my teams.

Pejo

es94zdzkvt971.jpg

Eula still champ over the last several banners. Klee OG banner still destroys her, and I think Ganyu/JohnLee OG banners still beat her too. Shame, I think Kaz is one of the more interesting characters in a while, but no big damage = no big sales apparently.

9LSnG0Ej7wVvDGalH4mhjFcDIafuyexSE-AAmcdbG1I.jpg

Fuz

Banned
es94zdzkvt971.jpg

Eula still champ over the last several banners. Klee OG banner still destroys her, and I think Ganyu/JohnLee OG banners still beat her too. Shame, I think Kaz is one of the more interesting characters in a while, but no big damage = no big sales apparently.

Do we have a longer timeframe graph?

Pejo

Do we have a longer timeframe graph?
I never know where these are from, some Chinese app I think. You just have to piece them together.

01ed7fdafc58248112fc9895588c297d_1799697564334547396.png

zqg5r2k26yx61.png

So it looks like the order so far is Klee >>>> Venti (rerun) > Xiao > Who Tao > Zhongli > Ganyu > Eula > the rest

Frankly I forgot all about Xiao and I never see anybody actually use him in multi. Hu Tao too for that matter, but I get that. She's bad unless you can control the healing/shielding yourself.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Fuz

crumbs

es94zdzkvt971.jpg

Kazuha has been fun to play and has allowed me to rethink some of my team comps, but I'd image all the leaked characters are putting a real damper on his banner. I was going to skip him and pull for Yoimiya until I learned more about her kit.

Pejo

Kazuha has been fun to play and has allowed me to rethink some of my team comps, but I'd image all the leaked characters are putting a real damper on his banner. I was going to skip him and pull for Yoimiya until I learned more about her kit.
A bunch of math nerds that have been scouring the beta are talking about how Yoimiya is gonna be shit and etc etc, but they can't stop me from pulling for her.

53h3ycuwx9771.jpg

I may even run a cursed bow-only comp with her/Amber/Fischl/Venti. Meta chasers will curse my very existence. If only we had a bow that could heal like Prototype Amber catalyst.

BlackM1st

Banned
A bunch of math nerds that have been scouring the beta are talking about how Yoimiya is gonna be shit and etc etc, but they can't stop me from pulling for her.

53h3ycuwx9771.jpg

I may even run a cursed bow-only comp with her/Amber/Fischl/Venti. Meta chasers will curse my very existence. If only we had a bow that could heal like Prototype Amber catalyst.
I think I thrown up a little bit just from reading it lmao

I decided that I'd rather have a decent main DPS sword so I will waste my 50/50 on Ayaka. I'm around 70 anyways. I'd rather have her than YMY. Her or any other 5☆. After that I will pull a couple of times on YMY banner and will try to get a Tanuki just for her Sonic roll lol

crumbs

53h3ycuwx9771.jpg

I do like her design, but I was scared off by the AA playstyle that her elemental skill seems to dictate. I assumed her setup would be "Elemental Skill to infuse attacks with pyro -> AA until skill ends -> Burst and switch to another character to process the damage from her burst" . The charged shot homing arrows sounded cool, but the damage numbers (at least what's on honey impact) for those additional arrows didn't look so hot.

Way back in October, not long after I started playing, I was lacking a proper DPS character so I tried using AA Fischl with a Rust bow. It worked OK at the time, but I didn't like it and it quickly became an annoying way to play.

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
It worked OK at the time, but I didn't like it and it quickly became an annoying way to play.
Fischl is not as annoying just for her electric Raven. YMY has nothing else in her kit besides AA. Just spam AA and run around with no means to protect yourself. People complain about Shields meta, but what other choices do you have for a close range glass (mini)cannon?

Saber

es94zdzkvt971.jpg

Another win for the butts.

Though, I got feeling characters like her in terms of design gonna be scarse from now on.

Last edited:

crumbs

Fischl is not as annoying just for her electric Raven. YMY has nothing else in her kit besides AA. Just spam AA and run around with no means to protect yourself. People complain about Shields meta, but what other choices do you have for a close range glass (mini)cannon?
Yes, I should have clarified that I was talking about AA with Fischl. After that experiment, I went back to using her for Oz and ended up playing her quiet often.

Yoimiya sounds so bad, there has got to be something we're not getting about her playstyle/kit, or maybe they'll boost her to the point she's actually useful.

Pejo

I do like her design, but I was scared off by the AA playstyle that her elemental skill seems to dictate. I assumed her setup would be "Elemental Skill to infuse attacks with pyro -> AA until skill ends -> Burst and switch to another character to process the damage from her burst" . The charged shot homing arrows sounded cool, but the damage numbers (at least what's on honey impact) for those additional arrows didn't look so hot.

Way back in October, not long after I started playing, I was lacking a proper DPS character so I tried using AA Fischl with a Rust bow. It worked OK at the time, but I didn't like it and it quickly became an annoying way to play.
The big weakness with AA bow characters is lack of AoE. My plan with my oddball team is to have Venti Burst, collect the enemies, then slap down Oz, and use Yoimiya's skill to pyro infuse and get huge double element swirl + Overload AoE damage. Hopefully Venti's Burst has enough succ to hold the enemies in place even after Overload knocks them all over hell. It may work, it may not, but that's my plan currently.

In 1v1 with a boss, I think Yoimiya's kit is going to be amazing with Fischl. Just my 2c though.

Pejo

There is:

Basically have a full team to make her work. LOL, some find it interesting. I don't xD
Post proof that you never used Bennett/Waterboi/Sucrose comps.

Doesn't matter anyways, I like pissing around with weird team comps, there's a chance it won't work at all, but I still have fun trying it anyways. The only place you really have to really plan teams is in high level abyss which I don't find fun anyways for the pittance of rewards you get. One of my favorite comps right now is Eula/Razor/JohnLee/Ning. Insane def down and phys shred makes some satisfyingly huge numbers for Eula's crits and her elemental burst.

BlackM1st

Banned
Post proof that you never used Bennett/Waterboi/Sucrose comps.
Never felt the need lol. Klee and Cocogoat + Geo Lord and hm...Mona? Beats any jobber team for me haha. Plus, either girl can stand on her own in coop without relying on my coop partners >:)

Pejo

Fischl plays pretty well in Honkai, the update finally hit this morning for global.

Btw, if anyone is trying out Honkai during the Genshin collab, use this code so I (and you) get some rewards: 102320905

Btw, if anyone is trying out Honkai during the Genshin collab, use this code so I (and you) get some rewards: 102320905
Hoarding genshinGAF for yourself eh? ;P
My code is 200386899, I think they are tied to the region like Genshin.

I wish Honkai had EN voices, I'm not used to JPN Fischl..., but considering the amount of voice work honkai actually has, that's never gonna happen.

Pejo

Hoarding genshinGAF for yourself eh? ;P
My code is 200386899, I think they are tied to the region like Genshin.

I wish Honkai had EN voices, I'm not used to JPN Fischl..., but considering the amount of voice work honkai actually has, that's never gonna happen.
I feel like chuuni works better in Japanese. The English VA is too slow for dramatic effect, but it makes the voicelines take forever.

Pejo

Rozaliya asking the most imporant question:
vxRdDNs.jpg
Yea the story has been pretty good so far. Bummer that it's basically a big joke event though. I was hopeful that there was something tying the lore together between games. Still, enjoyable enough.

Yea the story has been pretty good so far. Bummer that it's basically a big joke event though. I was hopeful that there was something tying the lore together between games. Still, enjoyable enough.
Maybe that comes in at the end, I mean it's Otto and he had to get the idea somewhere, I mean he actually changed Klee into Theresa; he probably watched teyvat through the imaginary tree

BlackM1st

Banned
  • Gardening.
  • Account connection for PS players.
  • New weapons gacha system that let's you choose 5☆ weapons.
  • New heroes tease.
  • Baal continues to be a fucking mystery. She took a sword out of her chest. Yet she's a pole arm user apparently. Probably another Tart like hero. I mean ok... Better than no Katana at all.

Reactions: Fuz

Fake

Gold Member
Lets not forget the mermaid hidro girl and the Baal right hand archer.

Ayaka will have an exclusive banner, meanwhile Sayu and Yoimiya will have a co-op banner.

Lupingosei

Banned
The second set is very good. Finally can combo two gladiators with this. Two ATK% bonus will be a great deal.
The first set will be a must-have for burst batteries for main DPS. And if you have Kazhua in your team you will have burst pretty much all the time on CD.

Lupingosei

Banned

New trailer

So all in the Lisa story is pretty much true. Visions are a control mechanism for ambitious or talented people. Lisa found that out and she prepared herself when her vision is turning against her.

Also the manga is canon and Celestia is a prison for too powerful humans. The seven are only helpers of the false god.

Last edited:

Pejo

You guys watch the CN version or something? I just checked and the EN version isn't for another hour+.

Pejo

CN stream had full EN subtitles.
Neat. Do they have all that cringy fake laughter too? I might just watch it instead.

Looks like they further censored Yoimiya's sarashi and extended it.

New trailer

Love the vision lore drop. I also have a theory about Raiden but I'll just keep it to myself for now.

FUCK! I hate that Mechanicus is coming back. Of all of the sidegames it was my least favorite by far. It just takes so damn long. Hopefully since they made it harder/more involved the individual matches are shorter or at least less of a god damn grind this time.

So, the new weapons gacha is essentially an insurance for whales. You're guaranteed to get your desired 5☆ weapon only at every 3rd 5☆ pull. Good luck getting there if u r F2P xD
I expected as much when they mentioned that you'd "save up currency." Then again, I just don't think weapons banners are ever worth it for F2P.

Inazuma looks pretty cool though. I also like a lot of the other new things they're introducing, like the ability to sacrifice artifacts to get other types. Looking forward to it.

Fuz

Banned
  • Baal continues to be a fucking mystery. She took a sword out of her chest. Yet she's a pole arm user apparently. Probably another Tart like hero. I mean ok... Better than no Katana at all.
She just pulled out a sword which somebody stabbed her with.

Top Bottom