• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 5.0 (Natlan) - Everything Changed When the Fire Nation Arrived

BlackM1st

Banned
I decided to be stupid, so I did 50 pulls and no Sayu.

But of course I got a fucking waterboy.
Don't worry, maybe one day he(?) will get a new amazing skin !

4DXK77W.jpg

BlackM1st

Banned
Jimbo Ryan don't give a SHIT about release dates. Surprised that they would even have that new boss as a promo image. Seems like a big spoiler.
Not a spoiler if she's a major 2.1 weekly boss.

Kinda hard to keep her secret if you want to promote new boss fight that is required for 2.1 banner heroes lol

Maybe her delusion form is spoilery, but we kinda saw her normal form before already, so MiHo is just trying to promote and hype up new patch in all its glory. Good on them.

Hope she comes soon enough. But please, not back to back to Yae.

P.S. Baal looks amazing.

BlackM1st

Banned
Meanwhile Kokomi....

Looks exactly like every other catalyst aka boring.

I can't, OMG Ahahah

The whole sequence looks like she's giving him a bath. Poor dirty goblin, now he's squeaky-clean and can't comback to his tribe xD

season 5 000 patties under the sea GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Last edited:

Pejo

Told yah. Only a "better Barbara".

They gonna go full force with Baal and leave her to the fishes.
It's such a shame. I wish they'd have just kept her a 4 star if this is the treatment she's getting. At least then I could feel ok rolling for her because she's cute.

Meant to reply to this earlier. Can you read katakana? I don't think anybody else in this thread can though, me included. What's the gist of this?

zyei8gu5ddi71.jpg

Last edited:
Meant to reply to this earlier. Can you read katakana? I don't think anybody else in this thread can though, me included. What's the gist of this?
My Japanese sucks, but the tweet is just an announcement for a 4 panel comic they're doing on the collab between Honkai and Genshin. The comic itself is about characters returning from Honkai's world. Keqing talks about how there's things called zombies in the other world, for example.

YukiOnna

Still learning so not entirely! InterMusketeer InterMusketeer has the gist of it. Keqing also drops a comment about how they should go shopping together as they promised, so that part of the community is going crazy... Hence why I said "nooo" lmao

duw8qykdoai71.jpg

Did you lot see this? Apparently some Chinese uncle shared something similar as well, although he put Ganyu before Yae Miko.

If this is true, I'm so sorry for Raiden Shogun but I'm 100% skipping her to guarantee Ganyu lol I have just 90 fates atm with 0 pity after getting Yoimiya.

That would be a rough couple of banners. Yae will probably be another popular waifu, but players will have run out of primos by then for sure. It's just an onslaught of waifus for Inazuma. We've been getting official info on future banners repeatedly, so hopefully that trend continues so we can make informed decisions.

Man, I was hoping they'd throw the boys in between before Yae. I'm fucked.
Gorou has been heavily rumoured for v2.3 for a while now by one of the more reliable CN leakers out there, so at least we sort of know he's eventually coming, but honestly it wouldn't surprise me to see Thoma (who's very likely a 4*) or even Ayato/Henzou/Itto (although we know almost nothing about these three lol) accompanying Ganyu if she's indeed going to feature in a rerun soon.

This is without even considering Scaramouche at all as well. Who knows when any of these lads are coming out.

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned

Stream delayed. Starts in 15 minutes.

And yeah... Looks like it's just 10 rainbow wishes for the anniversary xD

Enjoy! xD

The moon chase festival seems to repopulate Liyue with some special chests. They are shown to reward 5 primos. You can als collect moons(?) which can be exchanged for the tuna claymore weapon, which can be refined to max. Baal is also confirmed to be the first banner.

Kinda strange that Scaramouche is back, and he seemingly references our previous encounter with him... which players who started anytime after update 1.1 will not have experienced. That's a pretty big mistake on their part.

Overall I'm somewhat disappointed in 2.1.

The electro archon story will apparently end in this update, which seems rather short. We might see other Inazuma quests in the future, which could even feature Baal, but still. There's also this weird split between the interesting story in Inazuma that people are invested in, and some random ass food event in Liyue on the other side. It would have made more sense if all the focus was on Inazuma now, IMO.

The anniversary is literally just 10 wishes. Lame. Apparently it's too much to ask to celebrate the huge success of your game with some appropriate rewards. Come on now. They must be thinking Aloy is a good reward. Hahaha no, Mihoyo.

For me the update hinges on whether the new characters are gonna be fun/good. If I didn't have primos saved up I'd be quite pissed.

Fake

Gold Member
Scaramouche is probably the mastermind behind the Anchor mind control.

Kinda strange that Scaramouche is back, and he seemingly references our previous encounter with him... which players who started anytime after update 1.1 will not have experienced. That's a pretty big mistake on their part.

As much I like the trailer I need to agree with you. There was so big spoilers for the game and from those that start to playing the game right now.

IDK if was a smart move, but maybe an answer to those leaks I guess? And Sony maybe speed up things? In the Chinese stream I was watching that the Genshin Impact orchestra is using Sony Japan Music Studious for doing Inazuma songs. Maybe thats was the price of this coop between those companies.

Fake

Gold Member
Anyone have a summary of the CN stream or something? The English stream is max cringe.

- First banner will be Baal and her commander, second Kokomi banner
- Aniversary log in up to 10 pink/raindow wish
- New fishing system comming soony
- You can create your fish. He will evolve just like Pokemon.
- Free 4* claymore made of tuna, secondary atribbute is ATK%
- Free 4* spear (I guess), secondary attribute is ER
- Loads of events
- Spoilers
- Signora and Scaramouche join to the simp war
- Tournament
- 2 new island. Kokomi temple and the 'always thunder' isle
- 3 free codes: https://www.neogaf.com/threads/gens...ay-action-rpg.1568699/page-221#post-264401565

Last edited:

YukiOnna

- First banner will be Baal and her commander, second Kokomi banner
- Aniversary log in up to 10 pink/raindow wish
- New fishing system comming soony
- You can create your fish. He will evolve just like Pokemon.
- Free 4* claymore made of tuna, secondary atribbute is ATK%
- Free 4* spear (I guess), secondary attribute is ER
- Loads of events
- Spoilers
- Signora and Scaramouche join to the simp war
- Tournament
- 2 new island. Kokomi temple and the 'always thunder' isle
- 3 free codes: https://www.neogaf.com/threads/gens...ay-action-rpg.1568699/page-221#post-264401565
Thanks. I never did the Scaramouche event so I know nothing about him lmao

Fake

Gold Member
Thanks. I never did the Scaramouche event so I know nothing about him lmao

He is one of the fatui elite members just like Signora and Childe. He hates everyone even their fellow fatui friends, lore tell most of those members hate each others making their job difficult. I getting Naruto Akatsuki vibes here.

Top Bottom