• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 5.0 (Natlan) - Everything Changed When the Fire Nation Arrived

YukiOnna

I will call him Scaradouche then.

She is so done with ur shit
E9PJKx-VgAMdqqA

Pejo

I will call him Scaradouche then.

She is so done with ur shit
E9PJKx-VgAMdqqA
I'm not sure if you're as much of a lore nerd as I am, but if you want the most out of the whole Scaramouche thing (along with some other major lore drops), you should watch this:

It's a compilation of all of the cutscenes from the "Unreconciled Stars" event that you missed.

Haven't watched the stream yet (putting it on now), but from what you guys mentioned, it's another EN cringefest with forced laughter. Shame it couldn't be in the format of the 2.0 presentation, but in English and without the VAs squealing like pigs.

Thanks for the codes Fuz Fuz . Nice and easy to copy/paste into the site.

Anniversary rewards are about what I expected, based on what you guys said. I also don't doubt that since they already announced it, and everybody is pissy about it, they'll do some "surprise! We listened to you, our fans!" rewards as the anni gets closer. Underpromise, overdeliver etc.

Well, off to watch it now.

YukiOnna

I'm not sure if you're as much of a lore nerd as I am, but if you want the most out of the whole Scaramouche thing (along with some other major lore drops), you should watch this:

It's a compilation of all of the cutscenes from the "Unreconciled Stars" event that you missed.

Haven't watched the stream yet (putting it on now), but from what you guys mentioned, it's another EN cringefest with forced laughter. Shame it couldn't be in the format of the 2.0 presentation, but in English and without the VAs squealing like pigs.

Thanks for the codes Fuz Fuz . Nice and easy to copy/paste into the site.

Anniversary rewards are about what I expected, based on what you guys said. I also don't doubt that since they already announced it, and everybody is pissy about it, they'll do some "surprise! We listened to you, our fans!" rewards as the anni gets closer. Underpromise, overdeliver etc.

Well, off to watch it now.

Lore is half the reason I play so thanks. I'll do just that. It's not 2 or 3 this time but SIX EN Voice Actors btw.

Fake

Gold Member
So, in the trailer Kazuha is like praying in a sword, maybe his friend tomb?

Damn, thats the part of the lore I like.

Pejo

Just saw the trailer at the beginning. Inazuma part looks amazing. Who the hell is Ei?

Also, I'm again getting vibes that
Yae is the real Archon. She's inside Shogun's reality marble very casually like it's no big deal.

Can't wait to see where the story goes.

Then....

Back to Liyue for more fetch quest cooking bullshit. Why would they do that? If anything I would have started the trailer with the lame shit and move on to the Inazuma stuff for the climax. Is anybody excited to run around collecting orders for NPCs again? Is the whole festival going to be based on that? What a mistake.

YukiOnna

Just saw the trailer at the beginning. Inazuma part looks amazing. Who the hell is Ei?
Was thinking it was Baal's actual name? The way she said it made it sound like we'd not get through to her yet. She has quite a soft spoken voice when she says "What on earth could have made you come over to me again?"

Fake

Gold Member

Yae is the real Archon. She's inside Shogun's reality marble very casually like it's no big deal.

There are some rumors on reddit. One saying Yae was the previous Archon and passed her powers to someone else, like Baal. I guess she not expected to Baal being so impositive and authoritarian. Others rumors saying maybe someone will get kill in this act, either Signora or Kazuha...

Last edited:

Pejo

This was a good post, I read it last night. There are a lot of problems with Yoimiya's kit specifically, and a lot of issues with non-charge attack bows in general. I don't think people are going to make as big a stink about this as they did Zhongli, but apparently CN players are already like 25,000 posts deep on a feedback topic about her, so maybe there's a chance.

In my opinion, her two biggest issues are the inaccuracy and range of bow auto-attack, which kills her DPS, and her burst. The burst should function exactly like Childe's bow form Burst, in that it hits in a decent size AoE and applies that explosion effect to ALL enemies hit. There's literally no reason to make it less powerful than Riptide. That would help make up for some of her lack of AoE whatsoever, and make her burst actually useful as an off-field pyro applicator/reactor.

I played her pretty extensively in her trial, and it's just amazing that enemies can walk slowly to the left to avoid every one of your arrows. Why is this even a thing? It's not like players can manually lead the target with auto attack arrows as a skill based system, you ONLY have the choice of pressing attack. If you press it, and the enemies are in range, it should hit - the end.

Also, I think the game would benefit from an optional "lock on" system for a target, to help her other issues, such as not being able to single out a target to aim at. You're always at the mercy of whatever target the game selects for you. With most characters, it's not AS big a deal since most weapons have some level of AoE, and you can just get closer to the enemy you want to target to override shitty auto targeting. With bows and catalysts, you're totally at the mercy of the game and what it wants you to target. Don't get me started with how many times Gouba attacks campfires and torches instead of enemies. Getting closer to the enemies is counter intuitive as well, since bows/catalysts have zero interrupt resistance and usually low def/HP, so it's suicide to do it.

I'd like to see big changes for those two weapon types, as well as big changes in Yoimiya's kit, but we'll see how it goes.

Last edited:

YukiOnna

*Reading Playstation Blog*

Wait. They are already ending the story again with Act 3? Man, I thought they were done with that short story format from the launch regions and Act 2 was stupidly short. They have such a good setting and waste it in not incorporating/introducing that into the Archon story. I'm not asking for FGO level of volume, but they could do more with it for a Archon story considering the Character Stories sometimes feel longer.

Pejo

*Reading Playstation Blog*

Wait. They are already ending the story again with Act 3? Man, I thought they were done with that short story format from the launch regions and Act 2 was stupidly short. They have such a good setting and waste it in not incorporating/introducing that into the Archon story. I'm not asking for FGO level of volume, but they could do more with it for a Archon story considering the Character Stories sometimes feel longer.
This is a big mistake IMO. The story is one of the strongest reasons to stay interested in the game between all of the varying quality low effort events that we usually get. I also have been really enjoying the Inazuma story in particular, there's no reason to rush it.

In other news, all of you Ayaka fans are going to hate me. I ran a few runs of the Artifact domain to try to get Childe a 4PC Heart of Depths set, and got this on my 2nd run:

xFOxkwD.jpg

Question for the Ganyu mains/heavy users - Do you run her with 4pc Wanderer or 4pc Blizzard Strayer? I have her with a pretty solid Wanderer's set right now, and wasn't planning on changing it since 90% of my damage with her are charged attacks.

Last edited:

YukiOnna

This is a big mistake IMO. The story is one of the strongest reasons to stay interested in the game between all of the varying quality low effort events that we usually get. I also have been really enjoying the Inazuma story in particular, there's no reason to rush it.

In other news, all of you Ayaka fans are going to hate me. I ran a few runs of the Artifact domain to try to get Childe a 4PC Heart of Depths set, and got this on my 2nd run:

xFOxkwD.jpg

Question for the Ganyu mains/heavy users - Do you run her with 4pc Wanderer or 4pc Blizzard Strayer? I have her with a pretty solid Wanderer's set right now, and wasn't planning on changing it since 90% of my damage with her are charged attacks.
Exactly. I wish they didn't waste the 4th Act on an entirely separate ordeal to move the overarching plot. Should have just divided Acts by Island and they still have one more left. I can only hope Act 3 is a long one.

I built Ganyu out with 4pc Wanderer and use her 2nd charge shot constantly, works great for me.

BlackM1st

Banned

xFOxkwD.jpg

Sick goblet. I use trope. It's basically free with all the boss fighting and it buffs her main DMG source. So yeah, use trope and enjoy a stable DMG output without additional shenanigans. Crown her ATK skill tho.

Fuz

Banned
lso, I'm again getting vibes that
Can't wait to see where the story goes.
We all pull for the archon because, well, ARCHON!
Then mihoyo comes in and "Hi gais, did you spend all your primos? Surprise! Here's the real archon!"

but apparently CN players are already like 25,000 posts deep on a feedback topic about her, so maybe there's a chance.
This makes me think... any reaction from CN players about the shitty anni rewards?
miho doesn't care about us, but they listen to them.

Last edited:
From what I've read BS is good for freeze comps, and allows Ganyu to transition easily into a supportive role. It also gives free crit rate, making up for lackluster substats. Basic attacks will probably do a bit less damage though. Wanderer's Troupe is better suited to melt comps because of the increased EM you get from the 2 piece set bonus.

Pejo

It's considerably bad imo. Was expecting a way more decent celebration, specially since it's first anniversary.
This image is a little misleading too, the only anni "rewards" are a login bonus with 10 wishes and the shop double bonus reset on purchasing genesys crystals. Everything else is normal event rewards that we get every patch.

BlackM1st

Banned
It's considerably bad imo. Was expecting a way more decent celebration, specially since it's first anniversary.
We all pull for the archon because, well, ARCHON!
Then mihoyo comes in and "Hi gais, did you spend all your primos? Surprise! Here's the real archon!"

This makes me think... any reaction from CN players about the shitty anni rewards?
miho doesn't care about us, but they listen to them.
A map of China and free water boy!

YukiOnna

This image is a little misleading too, the only anni "rewards" are a login bonus with 10 wishes and the shop double bonus reset on purchasing genesys crystals. Everything else is normal event rewards that we get every patch.
You mean the 2270 Primos is only if you participate in all events?

Our only hope now is that they'll add something more to it for being on top of the sales charts or something. They left the door open with some vague statements about "more coming soon" in the Chinese stream apparently.

Fake

Gold Member
They really should have put it beside the reveal of fish sword which was a 10/10 hilarious moment in all of gaming.

The sword fish reveal I forgive because was a silly thing, so even me laugh that part. Now, the WOW about literally mobile 'crystals/gems' was pretty bad.

BJK

Having finished the battle pass earlier this week, I’m curious what other players are working on leading into 2.1.

In addition to farming up materials for my harp, I’m alternating between the Thundering Fury set for Sera / Baal (in case 2pc is worth using) & Emblem of Severed Fate for Baal.

Pejo

Having finished the battle pass earlier this week, I’m curious what other players are working on leading into 2.1.

In addition to farming up materials for my harp, I’m alternating between the Thundering Fury set for Sera / Baal (in case 2pc is worth using) & Emblem of Severed Fate for Baal.
I probably should be preparing for Baal, but I'm switching between talent domains and trying to get a decent 4pc Heart of Depth set for my Childe. He's almost "finished", and his finalized artifact set is the last thing I need for him. I got a good 2 piece set so far, but with the stats it's rolled, I pretty much need a Crit Rate hat to keep him at the Golden Ratio™ of 1:3 Crit to CritDMG. So either I get lucky and get a Hydro Damage goblet from the set, or I luck out and get a Crit Rate hat with not all DEF substats. Let's see what happens first.

Regarding Baal, we can't really farm boss materials for her yet since she uses the new Thunder Oceanid materials. Her other ascension mat is also exclusive to one of the new islands, so there's only so much prep you can do for her now. I guess you could pre-farm the thunder gems, but you're going to get a ton of them from the boss materials you need to farm, so it doesn't seem worth it.

I had my GF drag me along on the new Mechanicus stuff today, beat a few levels a few times. Even she hates the new rules, and she absolutely loved the first run of the event. I also don't like that you can do multiple runs and not get a single currency for redeeming shop items. It feels like a total waste of time.

*edit*
GndLTZk.png

A bit of good news for Yoimiya - the official Genshin Bilibili (think CN Youtube) has officially banned the word Yoimiya from the chat. That means that the CN audience (the ones that MHY cares about) have bitched so much about it that they had to take action. Hopefully this translates into a buff or rework or something.

Last edited:

YukiOnna

I probably should be preparing for Baal, but I'm switching between talent domains and trying to get a decent 4pc Heart of Depth set for my Childe. He's almost "finished", and his finalized artifact set is the last thing I need for him. I got a good 2 piece set so far, but with the stats it's rolled, I pretty much need a Crit Rate hat to keep him at the Golden Ratio™ of 1:3 Crit to CritDMG. So either I get lucky and get a Hydro Damage goblet from the set, or I luck out and get a Crit Rate hat with not all DEF substats. Let's see what happens first.

Regarding Baal, we can't really farm boss materials for her yet since she uses the new Thunder Oceanid materials. Her other ascension mat is also exclusive to one of the new islands, so there's only so much prep you can do for her now. I guess you could pre-farm the thunder gems, but you're going to get a ton of them from the boss materials you need to farm, so it doesn't seem worth it.

I had my GF drag me along on the new Mechanicus stuff today, beat a few levels a few times. Even she hates the new rules, and she absolutely loved the first run of the event. I also don't like that you can do multiple runs and not get a single currency for redeeming shop items. It feels like a total waste of time.

*edit*
GndLTZk.png

A bit of good news for Yoimiya - the official Genshin Bilibili (think CN Youtube) has officially banned the word Yoimiya from the chat. That means that the CN audience (the ones that MHY cares about) have bitched so much about it that they had to take action. Hopefully this translates into a buff or rework or something.
You can have this

Top Bottom