• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 5.0 (Natlan) - Everything Changed When the Fire Nation Arrived

Are you talking about Baal mechanics or the new ER artifact?

The artifact need to have 300% for the max dmg.
From what I understand it has to do with her passive talent:

"Each 1% above 100% energy recharge that Baal possesses grants her 0.6% greater energy restoration from Mosou Isshin, and 0.4% Electro damage bonus."

Fake

Gold Member
From what I understand it has to do with her passive talent:

"Each 1% above 100% energy recharge that Baal possesses grants her 0.6% greater energy restoration from Mosou Isshin, and 0.4% Electro damage bonus."

Ok, I mistake with the ER artifact, with BTW will stack with her passive talent? Would make her probably the ultimate battery force.

Fake

Gold Member
I'm very disappointed that the Statue of The Seven don't give me stamina like the other places. When I did in Mondstadt was quite fun making my chars having less trouble for climbing. The same way as Liyue, collect all those Oculi and trade for stamina.

I almost finish Inazuma, but don't fell rewardable as the other previous places. Changed the reward from the Statue was a terrible mistake.

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
MMDOGz4.jpg

I fucking hate what reddit has become...

Saber

MMDOGz4.jpg

I fucking hate what reddit has become...

Remind me when was last this ever happened to be called repetition. Reddit is pretty much 90% fanarts.

Lol what a drama. And over nothing, is not like they weren't paid and got fired from their jobs. People call fans immature as if their acting wasn't cringe immature(like seriously, they should rewatch their own stream). Not to mention that the only result is a ridiculous and stupid generalization.

Continue to follow this path and see if it doesn't backfire. On social media(twitter in particular)one day you hunt and the other you're hunted.

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
Remind me when was last this ever happened to be called repetition.
They insist on saying that 2.0 stream with subs was full of racial slurs against CN devs.

I dunno about that and MiHo said nothing about that too.

Close the damn comment section if needed, but keep the live stream civil and introduce new info without the squeak squad raping our ears.

I would never want to hear or see them again... Especially when the new patch is announced and I'm trying to comprehend the new information. Instead I was forced to turn the damn stream off lmao.

Fake

Gold Member
This little guy is taking things out of proportion.

Is the company to blame, not the VA... but he make like both company and VA are not responsible, but fans instead.

As much fans are to blame for the toxic, generalization is not the solution.

He will learn from the hard way that the 'fans' he keep blaming on twitter are their clients.

Last edited:
It was a bad stream, in part because those VAs just don't have the skill set to do a presentation like that. I'm sure they did their best given the circumstances, but it still sucked. Hopefully some more consideration is given to how future EN streams should be structured.

It's probably better to just wait for the trailer that releases an hour or so later. Those contain pretty much all the info we need, and present it in a short and concise manner.

Pejo

2W6RjyP.gif

Done with Theater McAnus hopefully for the last time. The gf and I cleared the shop after an hour or two today. Thank god.

The thing that VAs and others are forgetting is that they're interacting with literal children sometimes. No amount of Twitter butthurt is going to make kids give a fuck that they hurt some feelings. Just move on and use the constructive feedback that came along with the shit and make the next presentation better. Everyone crying and himming and hawwing about this, let's just move past.

*edit*

Man it's fucking hilarious seeing reddit pat themselves on the back for making posts saying that they don't approve of the VAs getting shit for the livestream.

"Boy, the Genshin community sure is toxic! I hate those guys!" - a reddit user in one of the largest English Genshin communities

Completely oblivious.

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
Man it's fucking hilarious seeing reddit pat themselves on the back for making posts saying that they don't approve of the VAs getting shit for the livestream.

"Boy, the Genshin community sure is toxic! I hate those guys!" - a reddit user in one of the largest English Genshin communities

Completely oblivious.
Exactly lmao

Zenaku

I was thinking this morning about my second Genshin account.

I have an account on another server intended for me to play in a year or two. I'll play it every now and then, earn some Primo, hopefully unlock a gacha character I like, and be able to play through all of the earlier content with a team of favourites.

I was thinking of dipping back into that account to hopefully get Raiden, only to realize I wouldn't be able to level her past 20 when I finally do get around to playing that account proper.

That could be a problem in a year or two. New player joins the game seeing a new character they like, they pump all their early game primo to get the character, possibly even their weapon, only to find out they won't be able to use the character for about 100 hours until they get to the 4th or 5th area due to the exclusive items required. Could cause a lot of new players to quit.

Of course, that assumes that areas will be gated. Liyue can be accessed from the start of the game no problem, but Inazuma will be inaccessible due to the location beyond the ocean and the story requirements. Future areas might all be easily accessible, and this may not be a problem for anyone who doesn't get Ayaka or Raiden early game, but it still has me wondering.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Fuz

BlackM1st

Banned
this may not be a problem for anyone who doesn't get Ayaka or Raiden early game, but it still has me wondering.
Yep, that's a legitimate concern. I agree. Plus, add the time needed to unlock domains and level up your weapons and skills.

Next major update should bring the Chasm and its Dendro element, so we will see how it goes.

IIRC for EULA they added a whole new boss to the old Ice Mountain.

So maybe sooner or later they will add a more universal bosses/boss drops to the old locations.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
In order to maximize her stats you would need 380% Energy Recharge apparently, so just get as close to that as possible.

Animated GIF

Me with my current 220% Energy Recharge (not considering her level up bonus) thinking it was already damn good for her. And I'm already packing a decent ER artifact and a R3 Skyward Spine (which helps on the ER and CR side).

I still have margin to improve but no way I'm gonna farm like crazy to hit around 380%.

Last edited:

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance

I have an account on another server intended for me to play in a year or two. I'll play it every now and then, earn some Primo, hopefully unlock a gacha character I like, and be able to play through all of the earlier content with a team of favourites.

I was thinking of dipping back into that account to hopefully get Raiden, only to realize I wouldn't be able to level her past 20 when I finally do get around to playing that account proper.

That could be a problem in a year or two. New player joins the game seeing a new character they like, they pump all their early game primo to get the character, possibly even their weapon, only to find out they won't be able to use the character for about 100 hours until they get to the 4th or 5th area due to the exclusive items required. Could cause a lot of new players to quit.

Of course, that assumes that areas will be gated. Liyue can be accessed from the start of the game no problem, but Inazuma will be inaccessible due to the location beyond the ocean and the story requirements. Future areas might all be easily accessible, and this may not be a problem for anyone who doesn't get Ayaka or Raiden early game, but it still has me wondering.
You know this is a really fair point. Character progression gets gated because of character specific materials needed for Ascensions. I can easily seeing players quit the game if they want to pull for a certain character. I think it would become a matter of keeping very low world level because of it. If that's even possible.

I played for a while but quit because the 6 week patch cycles weren't enough to keep me around since what I truly loved about this game is the exploration and being gated off after clearing what little they add was a buzzkill.

And grinding for artifacts daily and Abyss wanting you to build 8 characters to clear damage sponges is a bunch of bologna.

I've seen people experience this with Ayaka already. Some of the required ascension materials were gifted through the character trial. The rest could be purchased through stardust exchange. This way, new players can ascend her to level 40. I'm not sure that'd make her powerful enough to last all the way through the story to get to Inazuma, but at least she's in a somewhat usable state for the first couple dozen hours. I agree they need a better solution for this though.

Me with my current 220% Energy Recharge (not considering her level up bonus) thinking it was already damn good for her. And I'm already packing a decent ER artifact and a R3 Skyward Spine (which helps on the ER and CR side).

I still have margin to improve but no way I'm gonna farm like crazy to hit around 380%.
I'm not sure how feasible it even is to get a character to 380% ER. It might end up that focusing too much on ER restricts her Crit and Atk stats, making it just not worth it. It's just theoretical at this point. We'll find out soon enough what the sweet spot is going to be.

Pejo

MHY can handle this in a few different ways.

In Honkai, they change materials and currencies used over time, to simplify where to get them and the number of different things you have to farm. We're still at a fairly early point in Genshin's life that there's still not a "ton" to do, so they have us farming all sorts of different materials and currencies to make sure we have to check out all the newest and hottest content that they're making and to make sure that no matter what you're doing, there's a heavy resin sink or time gate in your way to slow you down. In a year's time, there's a good chance that talent books or ascension materials change to a universal material for all characters or at least all 2+ year old characters, etc.

Secondly, they can give out character growth materials through whatever the latest events are in the game. Since every patch always has an event or two running concurrently, this could easily give enough of the unobtainable materials to get the character at least off the ground. That should be enough to incentivize pulling on the banners and cover their growth to the appropriate AR level so that the player can get to the area that they need to, in order to farm more materials. This is how Fate GO handles new characters, since a lot of their materials only otherwise drop in current chapters that would take a new player like a month or two to get to at the earliest.

MHY has already stated that they are not going to continue AR past 60, so I don't think we'll see any higher gating by that metric after Inazuma. It remains to be seen if they'll use some other metric to gate players though.
Animated GIF

380% is Youtuber bait. The reality is just get it as high as you can and enjoy the benefits if you can ever raise it beyond that. Her artifact set 2PC is great for off-field support characters, so running that domain won't ever really be a waste of resin.
Except it's ugly as fuck.
I won't be seen around Teyvat sporting that lowly fisherman crap.
There are no shortage of ER substat 4* spears, and Favonius is actually pretty great for the entire team to benefit from the particles, so you have lots of choices. At least the spear isn't as ugly as the fucking Crescent Pike. Weapon skins when MHY?

BlackM1st

Banned
At least the spear isn't as ugly as the fucking Crescent Pike.
This

Weapon skins when MHY?
This too
Meanwhile, in Honkai:
iu
iu

They did a pretty cool collab with Evangelion
This... still hurts ngl xD

Honkai doesn't intrest me in the slightest, there is absolutely nothing in it for me.

But for some reason MiHo adds pretty cool collabs and skins to it while GI gets Aloy and 30s swimsuits lmao.

Pejo

My man Geoff finally delivering that 2.1 trailer

You know, if they're going to advertise showing us an old trailer, they should at least give him some new primogem codes or something to give out. The "summer game fest" thing was just an old trailer and that's it. This is one of the biggest games of 2020 and probably 2021 so far, let's step it up a bit.

Pejo

Meanwhile, Punishing Gray Raven is getting 2B and friends.
K8Tdx.gif

3OXnXyJ.jpg
I was really hoping we'd see some anime collabs with Genshin. When Aloy was the first one announced, I still can't describe my actual disappointment. It at least shows us that they're not afraid to throw narrative continuity to the side for collabs, so really nothing is off the table now. In that way, I guess it's ok.
tj2b5Ym.jpg

BlackM1st

Banned
Meanwhile, Punishing Gray Raven is getting 2B and friends.
K8Tdx.gif

3OXnXyJ.jpg
Got 2b in the Nier gacha. It's nothing special, a typical auto battle stuff, but yeah, 2b is everywhere except for Genshin. Makes.No.Sense. Admittedly, she's a far more superior hero to any of the GI one, so maybe MiHo is afraid of competition xD

Pejo

Got 2b in the Nier gacha. It's nothing special, a typical auto battle stuff, but yeah, 2b is everywhere except for Genshin. Makes.No.Sense. Admittedly, she's a far more superior hero to any of the GI one, so maybe MiHo is afraid of competition xD
I think artstyle has a bit to do with it. 2B has more realistic proportions, so her model would look off in Genshin's heavily anime-aesthetic world, just like Aloy does. 2B has been in so many gacha games at this point though, I think SE would sign her away for a buck or two at this point.

Fake

Gold Member
W3 is one of my GOAT, but thats not mean I want Geralt inside other games. Game devs those days are fully disconnected with their own playerbase... is quite astonish.

BlackM1st

Banned
You guys are insane, Geralt was born to hunt down Abyss abominations...

Ok, if not him, maybe a girl from this sweet trio could made an appearance?

c174ae0cee0ae2dfdd5fc25223d8b790.jpg

F yeah...

And don't get me started on anime/jrpg collabs.

You guys will call it shit for weebs and be unhappy regardless. So screw you guys, I'm going home...

GIF by South Park

By home I mean my imaginary GI x Witcher collab xD

Top Bottom