• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 5.0 (Natlan) - Everything Changed When the Fire Nation Arrived

Pejo

Yeah?
That's why when someone in a cutscene show you a book, you see an open palm and have to imagine the book?
Much investment, so wow.
To be fair, I'd rather have more fun game modes that don't revolve around DPS timers and Theater McAnus than a book opening animation, if they're going to divert the resources. I can forgive the one thing if they're doing something good at the other end. The problem is that we're not seeing much of that. Inazuma was great, and I had a really fun time blowing through all of it in a week or so. That part's on me, for no-lifing the game. But since then it's back to the same shit with a different coat of paint. This Phantom Flow event is just reusing the same mechanics that they did with the Thundering Rush or whatever event that was out when Inazuma first released - but with an added DPS timer™.

Honkai has its problems, but new content that's actually fun for players at all engagement levels isn't one of them. They do really well with designing one-off game modes or interesting events. Right now, for instance, they're doing a pokemon game mode where you collect enemies, power them up, and evolve them, and you can use them in battles.

Genshin's events are pretty shit by comparison for the most part. I do miss that Dusty Realm or Misty Realm or whatever, where you could run around the dungeon and play with different characters, collect buffs, and beat the bosses. That one was actually fun for me.

BlackM1st

Banned
That's why when someone in a cutscene show you a book, you see an open palm and ...
imagination jerking off GIF

YukiOnna

IIRC It was leaked that Inazuma was mostly done before/during 1.0 release. Since then it was mostly polishing and work on next major regions we are yet to see.
Development wise, they would have had to started on a majority of regions to make the patch cycle they are on, so makes sense. I think for the most part it was just adjusting things based on how Mondstadt and Liyue were received from 1.0-1.6

Pejo

lEffuZu.jpg
OZOWiyI.jpg

So I'm guessing that the first one to die was Sara Koujo's relative (great grandfather maybe?)
Then we have a new Oni-girl, who apparently went bad.
Then we have the characters from the Kagari storyline and little teahouse Shiba.

Can't wait to see how this ties in together. Basically to me it looks like she got broken down watching all of her friends die off as time went on. Maybe that's why she values eternity so much. I can't wait to see how it ties in to taking visions.

*edit*

Reddit already on top of it. Things like this are why I'm glad they exist, despite 90% of their stuff being chaff.

m35jgz4eomj71.png

Last edited:

YukiOnna

lEffuZu.jpg
OZOWiyI.jpg

So I'm guessing that the first one to die was Sara Koujo's relative (great grandfather maybe?)
Then we have a new Oni-girl, who apparently went bad.
Then we have the characters from the Kagari storyline and little teahouse Shiba.

Can't wait to see how this ties in together. Basically to me it looks like she got broken down watching all of her friends die off as time went on. Maybe that's why she values eternity so much. I can't wait to see how it ties in to taking visions.

*edit*

Reddit already on top of it. Things like this are why I'm glad they exist, despite 90% of their stuff being chaff.

m35jgz4eomj71.png
Over the years it seems she lost the meaning behind it or the intervention of the Fatui spoiled what that original goal of eternity was. Looking forward to seeing it all unfold.

YukiOnna

For those who want further reading and don't read the descriptions on items:

EDIT:
Voiced lines of Raiden Shogun:

Last edited:

Pejo

I'm going in with big plans. Sara C2 and Baal or bust. I have quite a bit saved up, and I'm blowing it all one way or another. If I can get a Baal constellation, awesome. I'm going to forego the weapon banner because we're getting the catch which looks really good for her and it's free. Shame it's so ugly. Not to mention we're getting the anni rewards likely during her banner, so that's 10 wishes, 4000 Mora, and 3 bird eggs. Everybody's getting a Baal with generosity like that!

Pejo

Banner #1 of 2.1. It's actually pretty good. Sucrose is good wherever because she's still the only 4* Anemo, and she's actually useful.
m5bb8k447oj71.png

*edit*
Boy that weapon's banner is even more cursed than the last one though. I don't think I've seen anyone run The Unforged or even talk about it. Those Geo weapons as a whole were shit.

Shame the Geo spear didn't give HP%

Last edited:
Pretty good banner. Sara is obviously going to be the main draw when it comes to the 4 stars, but the others aren't bad. I could go for some Xiangling constellations.

I don't have a plan for the banner yet. I want Baal, but I'm at the mercy of the 50/50. I lost my previous coin flip on Ganyu, so hopefully I'll be more lucky this time. If I lose, the only acceptable character for me is Mona. If I get someone else... I might just spend some of the 180 wishes I've saved up for Ganyu.

Speaking of Sara, which bow are you guys planning on using with her? One of the ER% ones?
They show her off with the Inazuman craftable one, which obviously looks best on her but doesn't seem great for her kit. I still have a Sacrifical lying around so I'll give her that if I manage to pull her.

Pejo

They show her off with the Inazuman craftable one, which obviously looks best on her but doesn't seem great for her kit. I still have a Sacrifical lying around so I'll give her that if I manage to pull her.
I was thinking Sac too, but you want to swap her out after you pop her elemental skill and shoot since it gives a big ATK bonus to your main DPS. Favonius might be the right bow this time.

Fake

Gold Member
Speaking of Sara, which bow are you guys planning on using with her? One of the ER% ones?

Sara is good on what? Basic attacks or skills?

IDK, maybe that bow with increase elemental skill and elemental burst? Or are you searching for 5* weapons?

Pejo

Sara is good on what? Basic attacks or skills?

IDK, maybe that bow with increase elemental skill and elemental burst? Or are you searching for 5* weapons?
Nah 4*. She's mainly going to be used as an Atk buffer from what I can tell with her kit. Use her elemental skill, fire a charged shot to activate the attack buff, then swap out with your DPS Carry. Her elemental burst also applies the attack buff, but I'm not sure how it's applied, like a snapshot for any character on the field at the time (that only she or teammates in Multi would benefit from), or if it applies to the whole team.

Regardless, a level 1 charge attack focused 4* bow character isn't going to turn any heads as a main dps, so she's pretty much an atk buff support and eye candy, IMO. She also doesn't have the Electro support of Fischl/Beidou, so I can only see using her for ATK Boosts and resonance. It's kinda a shame, I really love her design now that I've seen it in motion enough, but her kit is meh compared to other electro supports.

Fake

Gold Member
Nah 4*. She's mainly going to be used as an Atk buffer from what I can tell with her kit. Use her elemental skill, fire a charged shot to activate the attack buff, then swap out with your DPS Carry. Her elemental burst also applies the attack buff, but I'm not sure how it's applied, like a snapshot for any character on the field at the time (that only she or teammates in Multi would benefit from), or if it applies to the whole team.

Regardless, a level 1 charge attack focused 4* bow character isn't going to turn any heads as a main dps, so she's pretty much an atk buff support and eye candy, IMO. She also doesn't have the Electro support of Fischl/Beidou, so I can only see using her for ATK Boosts and resonance. It's kinda a shame, I really love her design now that I've seen it in motion enough, but her kit is meh compared to other electro supports.

There are 2 free amazing 4* bows at moment: Inazuma bow *4, secondary attribute is ATK%, increase basic attacks and charged attacks.
Second: Venti bow event *4, secondary attribute is Elemental Master, increase ATK% as soon as you cast an elemental skill.

Or, you can use Wish bows. 4* bow, secondary attribute is Elemental Master, increase elemental skill damage and elemental burst damage.

Last edited:

Pejo

There are 2 free amazing 4* bows at moment: Inazuma bow *4, secondary attribute is ATK%, increase basic attacks and charged attacks.
Second: Venti bow event *4, secondary attribute is Elemental Master, increase ATK% as soon as you cast an elemental skill.

Or, you can use Wish bows. 4* bow, secondary attribute is Elemental Master, increase elemental skill damage and elemental burst damage.
Elemental Mastery is one of her worst stats unless you're planning doing overload charge attacks as a main damage focus. The EM of the character only affects the damage of the reaction if it is the reactor, as in the damage that causes the reaction. If she just applies Electro and then you switch to a Pyro or Hydro or something to do overload/electro-charged, her EM doesn't add any damage whatsoever. She also doesn't have a constant electro tick skill like Beidou's Burst or Oz, so once she uses her skills, she won't apply any electro again until you pop her back on the field.

Last edited:

Fake

Gold Member
Elemental Mastery is one of her worst stats unless you're planning doing overload charge attacks as a main damage focus. The EM of the character only affects the damage of the reaction if it is the reactor, as in the damage that causes the reaction. If she just applies Electro and then you switch to a Pyro or Hydro or something to do overload/electro-charged, her EM doesn't add any damage whatsoever. She also doesn't have a constant electro tick skill like Beidou's Burst or Oz, so one she uses her skills, she won't apply any electro again until you pop her back on the field.

I agree, but lets be honest the elemental master gets better after the buff and as much EM is bad, the bow skill is very good. If the bow is fully upgrage, I guess you get 32% ATK when you cast your elemental skill.

I've using with Amber since I get the Inazuma bow, now If a Childe banner back and I get him, he'll use this elemental master bow.

Pejo

I agree, but lets be honest the elemental master gets better after the buff and as much EM is bad, the bow skill is very good. If the bow is fully upgrage, I guess you get 32% ATK when you cast your elemental skill.

I've using with Amber since I get the Inazuma bow, now If a Childe banner back and I get him, he'll use this elemental master bow.
I agree the bow is very good. I think it's even best in slot still for Venti. Definitely is the best bow for support Fischl too.

After looking at options, I'd say using her as a buffer, Favonius is still the best we currently have available. The particles it generates can be shared between the whole party, and if you run Sara/Shogun in the same party, it's mutually beneficial.

Pejo

Boy, I don't get why people are excited for this little manlet, but they certainly are. He was kinda like a wafer cracker in his event, as a food analogy.
ljnbk5b33qj71.png

Lupingosei

Banned
Installing Genshin Impact on the PS4 and creating a new account because my PS account uses the same EMail address as my Genshin Impact Account was such a drag.

Also the game runs awful on a PS4 pro

Pejo

Installing Genshin Impact on the PS4 and creating a new account because my PS account uses the same EMail address as my Genshin Impact Account was such a drag.

Also the game runs awful on a PS4 pro
Yea I've heard it's bad on PS4 or Pro, PS5 is great though, I can attest. I've been using mine strictly as a Genshin box for a few weeks now. I like the feel of the DualSense so much better than the DS4, and DualSense isn't supported on PC yet.

This is one of the reasons I always laugh when people ask "Where's the Switch version?" It would run like ASS.

BlackM1st

Banned
I like the feel of the DualSense so much better than the DS4, and DualSense isn't supported on PC yet.
I really like GI's attention to details. For example Ayaka has a way more smooth vibration effect during her sprint than Mona. Genuinely feels like Mona is dashing through water while Ayaka glides on ice.

YukiOnna

Boy, I don't get why people are excited for this little manlet, but they certainly are. He was kinda like a wafer cracker in his event, as a food analogy.
ljnbk5b33qj71.png
tfw I don't find the Fatui members so far that interesting and think they waste banner space...

Reactions: Fuz
tfw I don't find the Fatui members so far that interesting and think they waste banner space...
Is it because they're both men? I think they're great. More time to save primos for better characters. I guess there's Signora too... But we don't even know if she'll ever be playable.

YukiOnna

Is it because they're both men? I think they're great. More time to save primos for better characters. I guess there's Signora too... But we don't even know if she'll ever be playable.
No it's the same for Signora so far on my end. I guess so far them and the people of Snezhnaya you've encountered feel like typical villains so far and not that interested in them.

Pejo

No it's the same for Signora so far on my end. I guess so far them and the people of Snezhnaya you've encountered feel like typical villains so far and not that interested in them.
There's virtually a zero percent chance that they're going to stay generic villains throughout the story. I find the Fatui as one of the more interesting factions so far since we know fuck all about what they're actually up to, and they seem to have a presence in every nation. Outside of them, we only see miscellaneous vendors and travelers from other nations, very sparsely. I can't wait to see Signora's angle in Inazuma. I mean it's probably safe to say she's after the Gnosis, but who knows beyond that.

YukiOnna

There's virtually a zero percent chance that they're going to stay generic villains throughout the story. I find the Fatui as one of the more interesting factions so far since we know fuck all about what they're actually up to, and they seem to have a presence in every nation. Outside of them, we only see miscellaneous vendors and travelers from other nations, very sparsely. I can't wait to see Signora's angle in Inazuma. I mean it's probably safe to say she's after the Gnosis, but who knows beyond that.
Yeah I'm just hoping it doesn't take till Snezhnaya for us to learn what it is. Maybe the push back here and getting a one up against them allows us to get a big hint on what their deal is. It's better to say, I'm interested in the Fatui and Gnosis plotline, but the Harbingers haven't done much for me.

Reactions: Fuz

Pejo

Yeah I'm just hoping it doesn't take till Snezhnaya for us to learn what it is. Maybe the push back here and getting a one up against them allows us to get a big hint on what their deal is. It's better to say, I'm interested in the Fatui and Gnosis plotline, but the Harbingers haven't done much for me.
I don't get how you aren't a Tart fan with your interests in anime. This cutscene was probably the most anime thing in the entire game so far:

YukiOnna

I don't get how you aren't a Tart fan with your interests in anime. This cutscene was probably the most anime thing in the entire game so far:

When one of the discord servers you're in has a crazy fangirl who pushes that LuminexTart ship almost weekly... It is tiresome. But I'll admit that made me want to roll him on his inevitable rerun. :messenger_sad_relieved:

Top Bottom