• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 5.0 (Natlan) - Everything Changed When the Fire Nation Arrived

BlackM1st

Banned
Arknights getting R6 collab

GirlsFrontline got Gunslinger Girl(!) and The Division collab

Honkai got EVA collab
And stronger versions of GI heroes with a proper event lol

Azur Lane got DoA collab

Barely released Punishing Gray Raven getting Nier collab

GI got...

Nothing Offer GIF

Pejo

You guys are insane, Geralt was born to hunt down Abyss abominations...

Ok, if not him, maybe a girl from this sweet trio could made an appearance?

c174ae0cee0ae2dfdd5fc25223d8b790.jpg

F yeah...

And don't get me started on anime/jrpg collabs.

You guys will call it shit for weebs and be unhappy regardless. So screw you guys, I'm going home...

GIF by South Park

By home I mean my imaginary GI x Witcher collab xD
I was in the middle of typing out my thoughts on collabs, when at the end of it when I was proofreading, I noticed how out of place almost all of them would be in Genshin's world, and I think I've come to the conclusion that the less poorly thought out cash grab collabs they do, the better for the game. I'm all for a collab that makes sense, but even my top 5 picks of IPs to collab with, after I thought about it, I hated the idea of it.

I think characters that would have worked are basically the blank slate characters, or characters without hard limitiations on their skills or equipment. Kat from Gravity Rush is an example of someone I think would fit great, but Alucard from Hellsing on the other hand just doesn't work, in my head, despite how much I like him.

*edit*

You left out the best GFL collab - Va-11 Hall-A (which is coming back, fucking hyped).

Last edited:

Saber

Guys just imagine a cute anime Kratos.

Get a fucking grip already. Theres certain things we don't mix together. And I keep what I said, Alloy here is just a bad sign, which means anyone is allowed here as long theres money on it.

BlackM1st

Banned
Kat from Gravity Rush is an example
Oh Fuck... dat name drop. Yeah, she would be awesome. Plus there's also Raven.

I admit I didn't bought GR2. But in my defense I bought GR day 0 for my day 1 PS Vita xD

Alucard from Hellsing on the other hand just doesn't work, in my head,
Guy is too damn edgy AND too good for GI lol Probably in GI world only Dan / Signora come close to him, but I don't think that he would fit, yeah.

In the same time... How about Black Rock Shooter? Vocaloid characters with some melee weapons seems like a nice fit to me:
57db6adb-3bce-4cb3-bd16-a545611a6469_1.3126358e9461d3356e1e7c90b67d122e.jpeg

BTW if GI was a released during PS3 generation we would definitely got a Lightning from FF XIII in it xD Girl was everywhere despite nobody ever caring about her lol

zTdPUjW.jpg

But in general I just want something cool and recognizable with a proper event and hero interactions. Aloy is just... eh...

YukiOnna

I don't really mind if collabs don't make sense since they are for fun, but it should be limited to something that has the same aesthetic or translates well enough. R6S in Arknights couldn't have been any different, but they put in the extra effort to make redesign everyone and make a story that works, so its fun. Genshin should be collabing with other anigames or properties from China/Japan/Korea... not Horizon Zero Dawn.

Pejo

By the way, don't forget it's double leylines right now. You get double books/mora and double friendship xp, so it's worth doing the 3 runs per day while active.

How have you guys been doing on the bonus challenges in the Phantom Flow event btw? I was able to get 2/4 of them down but I'm having issues with the stone Mitachurl one. The one today I didn't one shot so I gave up without really trying again. Not worth the headache for a few ore, IMO.

LOLCats

Banned
By the way, don't forget it's double leylines right now. You get double books/mora and double friendship xp, so it's worth doing the 3 runs per day while active.

How have you guys been doing on the bonus challenges in the Phantom Flow event btw? I was able to get 2/4 of them down but I'm having issues with the stone Mitachurl one. The one today I didn't one shot so I gave up without really trying again. Not worth the headache for a few ore, IMO.
I like this event but ya not doing the bonus, ore not worth

Last edited:
Reactions: Fuz

BlackM1st

Banned
I like this event but ya not doing the bonus, ore not worth
Did all the bonus stages except for 1. But I'm really close to getting it done. Still, 4 ore isn't worth it. I do it because I can and it's kinda fun.

BTW I never finished the tower defense event lol

Saber

Able to do the challenger level, but gave up because of ponny rewards. So I'm doing the hardest difficult.
I'm a spammer, so Axe hilicurls don't stand a chance. The only way to beat me is getting absurd levels of hp and inject crowd control resistance, like the water lady from the challenge.

But I agree with you. If it becomes a hassle, not worth the time.

Pejo

You know, in retrospect, I spoiled myself on the next upcoming weekly boss, but it's still kinda shitty that they showed it in the 2.1 stream. Like they don't even value their own story enough to not post fairly big spoilers for it.

Anyways, here's some cool art for her.
uja2n41pf7j71.jpg

BlackM1st

Banned
Use them as cooking ingredients, there's a ranking system to trade in for items at the fishing NPCs, and some fish you can catch and raise in your teapot and evolve them ala Pokemon.
We seriously need some systems similar to the Azur Lane ship research and building.

Some long term projects where in the end we will get something more meaningful than 1 blue wish lol.

Maybe some 5☆ weapons that we can research in the Blackcliff forge. I doubt that 5☆ every 6-8 months or so is too much to ask.

But what do I know, MiHo is giving us 10 rainbow wishes for GI anniversary xD

Pets implementation looks kinda lazy too.

Flying blobs are bottom of the barrel design wise.

YukiOnna

For all the importance on regions, it would be really nice if we got some regional designed pets. Endora is the closest thing to that. Chinese Dragon/mini Rex Lapis pet? Kitsune or some Yokai? plz

Pejo

In my opinion, combat pets are an inevitability. They'd be really good even if they did ultra low damage, as long as they could apply an element. Boy it'd be fun if Endora could still spit bubbles at enemies though.

BlackM1st

Banned
In my opinion, combat pets are an inevitability. They'd be really good even if they did ultra low damage, as long as they could apply an element. Boy it'd be fun if Endora could still spit bubbles at enemies though.
Hardly Art Talk GIF by Tacocat

Would be sick. But looks like it's too much work for them to create a whole new class of animals/creatures. Flying blobs are way easier from a development perspective ;(

Rikku-X

We seriously need some systems similar to the Azur Lane ship research and building.

Some long term projects where in the end we will get something more meaningful than 1 blue wish lol.

Maybe some 5☆ weapons that we can research in the Blackcliff forge. I doubt that 5☆ every 6-8 months or so is too much to ask.

But what do I know, MiHo is giving us 10 rainbow wishes for GI anniversary xD

Pets implementation looks kinda lazy too.

Flying blobs are bottom of the barrel design wise.
Not to say its much but isn't it 10 rainbow and enough gems to buy another 10 or so wishes? I really do think they should be given us the choice of anyone of the original 5-star characters. The only one I have is Mona.

BlackM1st

Banned
Not to say its much but isn't it 10 rainbow and enough gems to buy another 10 or so wishes? I really do think they should be given us the choice of anyone of the original 5-star characters. The only one I have is Mona.
Those primos are just the rewards for completing the events. They don't have anything to do with the anniversary, and they're pretty much expected.
Basically this. If you're rolling for Baal for example there's no way you will get ALL the events primogems. Half of the patch primogems will fall to the Kokomi banner lol

Pejo

I'm excited for Baal. I hope her elemental skill is as good at applying Electro as it seems on paper. Right now I'm considering swapping out Beidou on my main team for her. It'll suck to have no claymore user for hitting ore, but what can you do.

Childe/Shogun/Rosaria/Jean will be what I'll run for the time being. That way I can do Electro-charged fast AoE damage for the majority of easy encounters and freeze comp for tougher enemies that are susceptible to it. I really wish there was a good fire healer (Not Bennett) that I could slot in, because Childe has one of the strongest Vaporizes in the whole game with his Burst, but I guess I'll have to keep waiting. I tried Yanfei with the Prototype crescent, but her 80 Energy Burst makes her near useless as a healer. She also contributes nothing else to the party other than that first application of Pyro before Childe Burst. The Shogun/Childe synergy is great though, since I can switch to her after he uses his burst to use hers for a (hopefully) huge damage spike. It's a shame that Superconduct breaks frozen enemies, otherwise it'd be really good.

I got my 4pc Heart of Depth set finally for Childe, with less than ideal substats. I ended up getting a CDMG hat instead of CRate though, so I get far less crits than I'm used to. It still seems like an overall big improvement on kill times of everything I tested, but I do miss seeing the big crits pop up. I'll have to go back and get a proper CRate hat someday. Right now I'm at 220% CDMG and only 18% CRate.

YukiOnna

The Cafe Collab has served its purpose for me (I wish I could go)

Also, I realized I've been building Keq wrong. I did 4pc Gladiator but I should have had 2pc Gladiator/2pc TF... Dammit.

BlackM1st

Banned
The only one I have is Mona
Oof, tough luck. You should probably save up and get Cocogoat on her re run in couple of months.

Right now I'm at 220% CDMG and only 18% CRate.
That's hilarious. Yeah, C Rate headpiece is a must. Dat 5☆ Bow DMG tho...

Childe/Shogun/Rosaria/Jean
What you need Rosaria for? Ult for freezing with Tart? Just use Cocogoat hah.

You can also switch Jean to Noelle. She will heal, shield AND mine ore with her claymore. Girl can do everything 🤩

Pejo

Oof, tough luck. You should probably save up and get Cocogoat on her re run in couple of months.

That's hilarious. Yeah, C Rate headpiece is a must. Dat 5☆ Bow DMG tho...

What you need Rosaria for? Ult for freezing with Tart? Just use Cocogoat hah.

You can also switch Jean to Noelle. She will heal, shield AND mine ore with her claymore. Girl can do everything 🤩
Yea, Rosaria for her ult for freeze comps, and until I get Baal, she does good phys damage for when Childe is on cooldown if I fuck up his skill switching. I actually have a C4 Jean so her misc buffs are more advantageous most times over what Noelle could bring. The movement/attack speed boost for the whole team is a lot of fun, nevermind the cleanse and swirl debuffs.

Mostly, I'm settling with that team because it sorta works and I actually like all of the characters in it. Cocogoat I have in my Pyro team for melt shenanigans and the extra 25% attack resonance. I don't like double dipping characters in two or more teams. That's why I've leveled so damn many of them. Now I actually wish we had more team slots so I could experiment easier without messing up my standard 4 teams.

The Cafe Collab has served its purpose for me (I wish I could go)

Also, I realized I've been building Keq wrong. I did 4pc Gladiator but I should have had 2pc Gladiator/2pc TF... Dammit.

What cafe collab?

YukiOnna

Yea, Rosaria for her ult for freeze comps, and until I get Baal, she does good phys damage for when Childe is on cooldown if I fuck up his skill switching. I actually have a C4 Jean so her misc buffs are more advantageous most times over what Noelle could bring. The movement/attack speed boost for the whole team is a lot of fun, nevermind the cleanse and swirl debuffs.

Mostly, I'm settling with that team because it sorta works and I actually like all of the characters in it. Cocogoat I have in my Pyro team for melt shenanigans and the extra 25% attack resonance. I don't like double dipping characters in two or more teams. That's why I've leveled so damn many of them. Now I actually wish we had more team slots so I could experiment easier without messing up my standard 4 teams.

What cafe collab?
For Japan. Like the ones you see anime get and it even got new artwork so hence the new outfits:

LOLCats

Banned
AR57 today... after all that time from 56-57 i feel like the AR level rewards are not enough at these higher levels.

It literally takes like 5 months to go from 56 to 57 And i play everyday, let no resin burn away and havnt missed a daily set since starting on October 3rd.

Last edited:

LOLCats

Banned
Pejo Pejo c4 jean lol... im jelly. i love her, im a puss and always have her in my team for heals. barely use the other healers in the game, just my C0 Jean. the yeets are just bonus. Im also loving her teamed up with kazuha

Last edited:

LOLCats

Banned
I'm a solo player I'll only build at most 2 characters. I don't have the patience to build up characters I don't like for team composition.

Anything is easy if you build up 8 characters with good team comp.
Well when you have a 30 character roster, you end up with 7-8 favorites that you have leveled up. Just saying its an easy 150 no fuss really primos once you have more characters you enjoy using.

Pejo

Couple lost 50/50s, couple off the standard banner, and she was one of my 5*s on my reroll that I kept at launch. I certainly wasn't trying, but it's a nice booby prize over Qiqi constellations.

Pejo Pejo c4 jean lol... im jelly. i love her, im a puss and always have her in my team for heals. barely use the other healers in the game, just my C0 Jean. the yeets are just bonus. Im also loving her teamed up with kazuha
Yea I started out using her just for her versatility, but now I keep her on my teams for the speed increase, it's really noticeable for fast attackers like Childe and Rosaria. The yeet factor is always good when you're fighting near water, it's a shame that cliffs don't usually kill enemies though.

She's also the best healer in the game, with cleanse and her heal hitting all party members whether or not they're on the field at the time, and doesn't have all the wasted overheal of Qiqi.

So a guy did the math, and the TL;DR is that talent leveling breakpoints for most "bang for your buck" are 4, 7, 10, 13. They provide the biggest upgrades relative to the upgrade material farming and mora. 7 is fine for main/abyss team supports, 10 or higher for carry DPS characters or ones you like a lot. It goes without saying, but don't level skills that you won't use, like support character normal attack talents etc.

Full post here:

Last edited:

Pejo

Thank you for your support!
Monkey Trickster GIF
I get that they're investing a lot of money back into the game for content and stuff, but it sure wouldn't kill them to give us some free virtual goods that cost them literally nothing. With that kind of income, you'd think we'd see SOMETHING big for the anniversary. This isn't a mom & pop production.

YukiOnna

I get that they're investing a lot of money back into the game for content and stuff, but it sure wouldn't kill them to give us some free virtual goods that cost them literally nothing. With that kind of income, you'd think we'd see SOMETHING big for the anniversary. This isn't a mom & pop production.
Yeah. I enjoy what they've put out with the new region a lot and can easily see the differences, but doesn't hurt to throw some freebies like they did at the beginning of launch.

Top Bottom