• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 5.0 (Natlan) - Everything Changed When the Fire Nation Arrived

Fake

Gold Member

Last week I level up an artifact 5* from 0 to 20 (I sacrifice another lvl 20 artifact plus others artifacts to fully lvl up), with sub ATK%, CRTRate, CRTdmg and DEF, he only increase DEF.

Pejo

I mentioned about anni rewards being underwhelming just to add to the pile, but most of mine was how bad Yoimiya's kit is and the precedent it sets for new characters to be mechanically broken, regardless of how good their potential or skills are. Also asked for no more Mechanicus events, and more misty dungeon events. Hell I wouldn't even mind if Misty Dungeon was added as a weekly event that changes up the layout, enemies, and buffs each week.

Pejo

TBH I honestly don't mind that, just reroll those you don't like, and I actually liked the added extra effects.
Then enemies it is!
Stank Face Snoop Dogg GIF by BrownSugarApp

• Fire
Reactions: Fuz

Fake

Gold Member
Release feedback after livestream 2.1 is like the VA from Elden Ring trailer.

'Watch the skies... it's burns'

Pejo

Huh. Didn't they just have a survey a little while ago?
They must be testing out their new Feedback Deleter™ automation tool.

Hey BlackM1st BlackM1st , how's Ayaka doing for you btw? I figure you probably have her built out by now. I realize she's no cocogoat, but are you still digging her?

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
I figure you probably have her built out by now. I realize she's no cocogoat, but are you still digging her?
I use her more than Klee now. Just for sheer DPS.

I got her set, got some big Crit DMG numbers, but she's far from perfect arts wise.

Her Ultimate is expensive, but she's usually paired with Mona, so it's barely a problem. All in all a great DD without any hassle involved.

No combo building, no HP limitations, no HP drain, even Crit Rate Arts aren't needed lol

On a scale from 1 to 10 I would give her 10.

So far for me:

Geo Lord 9 (still 100% of time in my party)
Noelle 10
Klee 10
Ayaka 10
Cocogoat 12

Ayaka gets a lot of use also thanks to her insane aoe charged attacks and a lot of water sources in Inazuma. Plus her sprint is nice.

She's very simple and straightforward hero who makes shit done.

Saber

My problem with Ayaka ult, at least from my playing, is that some enemies just pass throught it ignoring the cc and losing all the skill damage. Kaede kind remedies this by pushing them back to the point of her ult. Also, its hard to not getting hit using a dash like that, shes aways end up being vulnerable.

BlackM1st

Banned
Also, its hard to not getting hit using a dash like that
Never was a problem for me. Granted, Geo Lord's shield is always ON lol But most of the times she just freezes everything around her with her dash.

My problem with Ayaka ult, at least from my playing, is that some enemies just pass throught it
Dunno about passing through it, but new samurai enemies love to jump around and change position during the fight a lot. So it takes some time to properly position her for maximum effect. Still, the speed and DPS is so good...

Pejo

You'll never catch me, copper!

tEeGMnQ.jpg

Man, Tuesday can't come soon enough, I'm feeling the end of patch blues again. At least they have bonus leylines running this time.

Also, this may have been obvious to everybody else, but I found out how our feedback from surveys gets compiled. They use one of those word/phrase scanners to look for popular keywords/phrases and then compile the feedback based on that. Similar to "word clouds" if any of you have ever seen them before. Here's an example of one from the first chapter of Moby Dick, for instance.
3QonCNK.jpg

This also means that there's no good reason to waste time building well thought-out feedback. Just do stuff like "Yoimiya attacks bad" or "Jean costume boring" or "buff Amber".

Of course you can also continue writing out well structured feedback and hope that yours gets randomly selected to be read, but it's probably unlikely with the millions of feedback that they're receiving.

YukiOnna

tEeGMnQ.jpg

Man, Tuesday can't come soon enough, I'm feeling the end of patch blues again. At least they have bonus leylines running this time.

Also, this may have been obvious to everybody else, but I found out how our feedback from surveys gets compiled. They use one of those word/phrase scanners to look for popular keywords/phrases and then compile the feedback based on that. Similar to "word clouds" if any of you have ever seen them before. Here's an example of one from the first chapter of Moby Dick, for instance.
3QonCNK.jpg

This also means that there's no good reason to waste time building well thought-out feedback. Just do stuff like "Yoimiya attacks bad" or "Jean costume boring" or "buff Amber".

Of course you can also continue writing out well structured feedback and hope that yours gets randomly selected to be read, but it's probably unlikely with the millions of feedback that they're receiving.
So that's why my Keqing spam worked

Pejo

Since it's been a while, I was able to finish up a few more Friendship 10s this week. I hate that there's no overflow for people in friendship 10 already. It's such a useless stat but my RPG OCD won't let me use characters for content that gives Friendship xp if their friendship is already rank 10. These Inazuma daily commissions have been hell for me since there are a lot of Fatui in them. Since I just finished up Razor though, I can slot in Ganyu who laughs in the face of elemental shields. I've been putting her off from my friendship farming team since I like using her for those "sabotage the balloon" quests that she can finish without moving from the starting point, and making most co-op domains a breeze with randoms. After her, I don't really have a good main DPS type character to carry my friendship farming team, so idk what I'm going to do there. Maybe build full DPS Baal or something. I guess I could go back and build up Yanfei. She probably works as a main DPS, even though I find her hella boring.

Fuz

Banned

tEeGMnQ.jpg

3QonCNK.jpg

I mean, if I continue to copypaste my FUCKGENSHINSURVEYGODDAMMIT.txt sooner or later those keywords will get bolded.

Btw, when will banner change? Can't log in now.

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
Since it's been a while, I was able to finish up a few more Friendship 10s this week. I hate that there's no overflow for people in friendship 10 already. It's such a useless stat but my RPG OCD won't let me use characters for content that gives Friendship xp if their friendship is already rank 10. These Inazuma daily commissions have been hell for me since there are a lot of Fatui in them. Since I just finished up Razor though, I can slot in Ganyu who laughs in the face of elemental shields. I've been putting her off from my friendship farming team since I like using her for those "sabotage the balloon" quests that she can finish without moving from the starting point, and making most co-op domains a breeze with randoms. After her, I don't really have a good main DPS type character to carry my friendship farming team, so idk what I'm going to do there. Maybe build full DPS Baal or something. I guess I could go back and build up Yanfei. She probably works as a main DPS, even though I find her hella boring.
Oh, I thought I was the only moron one who did this.
8dbdfa80b6c83b1d7662d19d3242201d.jpg
I can't enjoy commissions and domains 'cause I have to farm friendship for subpar characters.

Oh, btw, Yanfei is actually my main DPS for my garbage team. And yeah, she's kinda boring and suffers a lot from stamina consumption.

Last edited:
The only character I have yet to get to max friendship is Lisa. It can be annoying trying to use lvl 20 characters for commissions. My Klee can carry almost everything, but sometimes she just dies from fires, random explosions or elemental reactions, and it sucks not having a shielder or healer in those cases.

BlackM1st

Banned
Yeah...No. I ain't suffering like that for the useless stat lol Teapot is slow, but it's steadily accumulating XP while I'm actually enjoying myself haha

Zenaku

Anyone know how much space the mobile version takes up at the moment?

I'll be on nightshift Tuesday night, when the patch should go live on the Asia server, so I might get a bit of time at work if not before, but I'll have to clear a lot of space on my phone.

Pejo

Anyone know how much space the mobile version takes up at the moment?

I'll be on nightshift Tuesday night, when the patch should go live on the Asia server, so I might get a bit of time at work if not before, but I'll have to clear a lot of space on my phone.
looks like 12.2GB.

Godspeed, friend.

Zenaku

looks like 12.2GB.

Godspeed, friend.

14 GB on android with JP audio and uninstalled ENG audio. Might increase a bit with the next patch.
The dream is dead.

Last time I cleaned shit off I had about 6GB of free space. 12-14 is a pipe dream.

Jeezus don't know how people play it on phone. :messenger_downcast_sweat:
Back when I first played I used Fischl, and aiming was terrible on the phone, so I switched to PC as main. Now Ganyu is my main, so I never bothered going back, but close range characters did play ok as far as my memory recalls.

Plus, playing on the Asian server let me pay with Yen instead of GBP, as long as I pay on my phone. Could do with a little saving with Raiden around the corner.

Pejo

Man, Sara is Rosaria 2.0. Amazing visual design put behind a kit that is superfluous before it even releases. If you want an Electro support, you're running Fischl. If you want an ATK buffer, you're running Bennett. Also, they sure didn't break the budget with her attack animations, yeesh. Should have just had her make a T pose and arrows shoot out of her mouth.

Ah well, I'll still build her and hope that eventual "Ascension" or whatever Genshin's going to call it gives her something extra to her kit that makes her useful.

YukiOnna

Man, Sara is Rosaria 2.0. Amazing visual design put behind a kit that is superfluous before it even releases. If you want an Electro support, you're running Fischl. If you want an ATK buffer, you're running Bennett. Also, they sure didn't break the budget with her attack animations, yeesh. Should have just had her make a T pose and arrows shoot out of her mouth.

Ah well, I'll still build her and hope that eventual "Ascension" or whatever Genshin's going to call it gives her something extra to her kit that makes her useful.
Her animations are really boring. Lot of other 4 stars have way more effort...

What's this ascension thingie?

BlackM1st

Banned
The dream is dead.

Last time I cleaned shit off I had about 6GB of free space. 12-14 is a pipe dream.

Back when I first played I used Fischl, and aiming was terrible on the phone, so I switched to PC as main. Now Ganyu is my main, so I never bothered going back, but close range characters did play ok as far as my memory recalls.

Plus, playing on the Asian server let me pay with Yen instead of GBP, as long as I pay on my phone. Could do with a little saving with Raiden around the corner.
If you were on PS you could use a remote play. It's probably the worst way to play and you will need to use PS store (duh lol) but that's something. I use it exclusively when I travel to login and do something easy like daily comissions. Better than nothing/losing your primogems.

Pejo

Her animations are really boring. Lot of other 4 stars have way more effort...

What's this ascension thingie?
Nothing in the game yet, but in Honkai they have ways to enhance existing characters that underperform to make them usable. Usually they fix it by fundamentally changing the way their kits work altogether, and let you swap back and forth (but the characters were so bad to begin with that you would never switch back to their original kit).

We'll probably see it after year 2 sometime if they're going to do it to Genshin. Then again, based on the current release schedule of characters, we're going to have so many god damn characters by the end of year 2, who knows if they will ever revisit old characters. My money is on "no".

It'd be interesting if they found another way to boost lesser characters though, like grindable "signature equipment" that give special effects or modify skills when equipped to certain characters. There's lots of ways they COULD do it, but who knows if they want to waste the effort.

YukiOnna

Too bad, she'll have to accept it regardless lol.

Her signature weapon is too damn specialized and will work good only on her. Plus, second weapon on its banner is pretty meh and my Noelle can live without it.
Imma do my best. I was never intending it to go to anyone else if I got it.

Plus, fish are food.

Top Bottom