• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 5.0 (Natlan) - Everything Changed When the Fire Nation Arrived

Fuz

Banned
Uhhh... has the triket slot always been in the lower right corner of the screen, just up the burst?

Wasn't it on the lower left corner? Am I imagining things?

BlackM1st

Banned

rose lalonde GIF

Pejo

That other gacha is teasing me.

EQUIVALENT.jpg
I'm missing it, what am I supposed to see here?

I've been trying to pre-farm a set of artifacts for Baal. Holy shit that domain is being downright terrible to me. 75% of what I've received is that awful Yoimiya set, and out of the 25% of the Baal set, it's got awful, awful main and substats. I have enough for a 4pc at least, but it's all going to be Def/EM/HP, her worst stats.

Fuz

Banned
I'm missing it, what am I supposed to see here?
The title of the mission and commission RNG failures in Mondstadt.

I've been trying to pre-farm a set of artifacts for Baal. Holy shit that domain is being downright terrible to me. 75% of what I've received is that awful Yoimiya set, and out of the 25% of the Baal set, it's got awful, awful main and substats. I have enough for a 4pc at least, but it's all going to be Def/EM/HP, her worst stats.
I've had the same exact experience. I stopped trying, I now just spend my resin on her and Sara's talent materials.
I also hate violet court and those fucking HP sponges.

Last edited:

Zenaku

If you were on PS you could use a remote play. It's probably the worst way to play and you will need to use PS store (duh lol) but that's something. I use it exclusively when I travel to login and do something easy like daily comissions. Better than nothing/losing your primogems.
Lost access to a 10 year old account a year or two back and couldn't give enough of a shit to get access back. All the games I play are coming to PC now so I'll never be getting another PlayStation again.

Was gonna farm for Baal, but decided not to. I'll farm for her when she's in my team, and when I can enjoy using her.

I'm not having another Ganyu repeat; pulling for C6 and not playing the game for several months.

Last edited:
I've been pre-farming for Baal, both artifacts and talent materials, but I'm kinda regretting it. 50% chance I ain't even getting her anytime soon, and all that resin is gonna be wasted. The artifacts can at least be used on other characters, but even still I should've probably invested that effort in other domains that fit my current characters better. I just hope the game doesn't punish me again for preparing for new characters.

Pejo

I've been pre-farming for Baal, both artifacts and talent materials, but I'm kinda regretting it. 50% chance I ain't even getting her anytime soon, and all that resin is gonna be wasted. The artifacts can at least be used on other characters, but even still I should've probably invested that effort in other domains that fit my current characters better. I just hope the game doesn't punish me again for preparing for new characters.
The only reason I've decided to farm that artifact set to begin with is that the 2PC is a straight upgrade to all the Exile 4* artifacts I've been using on my supports for months. I figured that on my way to gearing Baal I could replace a lot of 4* artifacts, which sadly has not been the case yet. I need a shit ton of that set so of course I'm just getting Yoimiya set.
The title of the mission and commission RNG failures in Mondstadt.

I've had the same exact experience. I stopped trying, I now just spend my resin on her and Sara's talent materials.
I also hate violet court and those fucking HP sponges.
Ahhh i don't know how I missed that. I gave up on Mondstadt dailies for now. Now I'm being denied the 2 comissions that turn into quests for Inazuma (the shrine kid and the guard that wants revenge). How fucking hard would it be for MHY to put a flag in their random quest assigning that says "if you've already had part 1 of this chain, give part 2, etc" The fact that you can move backwards in progress is so fucking annoying.
This Is The Way GIF by Priya

Well, at least YMY 2p set is universal enough so maybe you'll get SOMETHING out of it lmao
I've got so many good Gladiator pieces at this point, that set is just fodder for me. They should have made the 2pc effect the 5* upgrade to the Berserker's set and give crit rate.

Last edited:
The only reason I've decided to farm that artifact set to begin with is that the 2PC is a straight upgrade to all the Exile 4* artifacts I've been using on my supports for months. I figured that on my way to gearing Baal I could replace a lot of 4* artifacts, which sadly has not been the case yet. I need a shit ton of that set so of course I'm just getting Yoimiya set.
True, it's quite a versatile set that works on a lot of supportive characters, so it's not exactly bad to farm that domain. My problem is the same as yours: I'm mostly getting Shimenawa pieces. Got a pretty decent set for Yoimiya (Are they telling me to pull for her?) already but the domain refuses to drop any good Severed Fate pieces.

BJK

I have an electro goblet (with ER) and a few decent flowers (without ER) from my farming so far. Haven’t even seen a Crit rate / damage circlet from either set, which is frustrating. I don’t think ER sands from this set even exist.

60 pulls towards a guaranteed Baal, but I have resources for ~ 100 draws. I had been thinking about the weapon banner, but the Claymore doesn’t seem worth the risk.

With the decent spread of 4-stars (avoiding C6 Barbara, C6 Ningguang, and C5 Noelle), I might go 5-6 pulls after Baal on this banner, then hold on my 50/50 to see how the next few 5-stars look.

Pejo

I have an electro goblet (with ER) and a few decent flowers (without ER) from my farming so far. Haven’t even seen a Crit rate / damage circlet from either set, which is frustrating. I don’t think ER sands from this set even exist.

60 pulls towards a guaranteed Baal, but I have resources for ~ 100 draws. I had been thinking about the weapon banner, but the Claymore doesn’t seem worth the risk.

With the decent spread of 4-stars (avoiding C6 Barbara, C6 Ningguang, and C5 Noelle), I might go 5-6 pulls after Baal on this banner, then hold on my 50/50 to see how the next few 5-stars look.
Not sure about new characters, but Ganyu/Xiao/Albedo reruns are coming up likely 2.2 or 2.3. Ganyu and Xiao for sure when we hit the Liyue festival.

BlackM1st

Banned
but Ganyu/Xiao/Albedo reruns are coming up likely 2.2 or 2.3. Ganyu and Xiao for sure when we hit the Liyue festival.
Couldn't care less about re-runs, but I'm interested in seeing heavily rumored Standard banner upgrade. Wasn't it supposed to happen right after/together with 2.0? Now 2.1 is upon us and Standard banner upgrade is nowhere to be seen/heard of. I wonder if it's even happening. My stack of blue wishes blue balling me lol

Will be tomorrow?
Nope. Day after.

P.S. Our favorite small indie company made 725$ in profits in 2020:

However, there are also many emerging industry companies that have achieved a substantial increase in net profit. Mihayou, the leading company in the game production and service industry, has a net profit increase of 4.77 billion yuan, an increase of 474.51%;

Couldn't care less about re-runs, but I'm interested in seeing heavily rumored Standard banner upgrade. Wasn't it supposed to happen right after/together with 2.0? Now 2.1 is upon us and Standard banner upgrade is nowhere to be seen/heard of. I wonder if it's even happening. My stack of blue wishes blue balling me lol
I don't think this'll happen until all the pre-Inazuma character have gotten a re-run, so basically anything up to and including Eula.

I also think it sounds better than it would really be. The pool of 5 star items on the standard banner is already quite large. The odds of getting something newly added is quite low.

Pejo

Patch Notes
Interesting:

2. Removes the Nobushi's skill to jump back.

3. Optimizes the combat experience when dealing with the Nobushi's sword-drawing technique.

4. Reduces the weight of the Nobushi and Kairagi.

Venti buff?

Pejo

Here's the new glider for sale in the anniversary pack (real money only). You get the wings, some materials and 1000 primos. Not sure how much it is. Best news - 99 cents. Realistically - 20 bucks.

cna3c4pc5fk71.png

YukiOnna

Here's the new glider for sale in the anniversary pack (real money only). You get the wings, some materials and 1000 primos. Not sure how much it is. Best news - 99 cents. Realistically - 20 bucks.

cna3c4pc5fk71.png
Apparently its $30. Can't confirm though since it's to come with the Concert Bundle or w/e.

Concert bundle for purchase (Boundless Symphony): contains Primogem x 1000, Wings of Poetic Melodies (new wind glider), Celebration: Tuneful Delight (new namecard), and Splendid Phrase (a harp furniture for housing).

Last edited:

Pejo

Apparently its $30. Can't confirm though since it's to come with the Concert Bundle or w/e.

Concert bundle for purchase (Boundless Symphony): contains Primogem x 1000, Wings of Poetic Melodies (new wind glider), Celebration: Tuneful Delight (new namecard), and Splendid Phrase (a harp furniture for housing).
$30 for THAT? Holy shit. Happy anniversary to MHY for whoever pays 30 dollars for that shit.

Also, loved this teapot setup. Man I wish I had the creativity and dedication to make cool shit like this. The floors are actually tables, since we still have no pavement/floors/etc.

z0tlfctbuck71.jpg

6ld2cctbuck71.jpg

Last edited:

YukiOnna

$30 for THAT? Holy shit. Happy anniversary to MHY for whoever pays 30 dollars for that shit.

Also, loved this teapot setup. Man I wish I had the creativity and dedication to make cool shit like this. The floors are actually tables, since we still have no pavement/floors/etc.

z0tlfctbuck71.jpg

6ld2cctbuck71.jpg

You get more in the half anniversary AK bundles for 29.99 than this...

And man that's beautiful. Kind of what I've had in mind while waiting for pavement/flooring to be introduced.

Pejo

You get more in the half anniversary AK bundles for 29.99 than this...

And man that's beautiful. Kind of what I've had in mind while waiting for pavement/flooring to be introduced.
For 30 it should come with a full (up through Inazuma) copy of the OST. I'd consider it then.

Pejo

Jean's swirl and Ayaka's skill? I'm hopeful...

Hate that mofo, but well... just another reason to pull for the Gods.

30$ for 6 wishes. OMG such value ahah
I actually like Venti's personality a lot. If he had a male voice and wasn't dressed like a fuckboi he'd be a top 5 character for me. He's conniving, a drunk, powerful as fuck but never shows it, and always has some agenda. I'd love to see a pissed off Venti in the game sometime. He's at the very least a whole lot more interesting than one-note shitters like Xiangling - HEY DID I MENTION I'M A COOK? and Diona - I HATE WINE NYAH!

But yea 30 for a few in game items and 1000 primos, they're out of their damn mind. Not even Genesys Crystals.

BlackM1st

Banned
When a character is attacked while immune to some DMG (e.g. when casting Elemental Burst), the shield's DMG Absorption will not decrease.

Zhongli GIF

Geo Lord's buff? Geo Lord's buff.

Pejo

When a character is attacked while immune to some DMG (e.g. when casting Elemental Burst), the shield's DMG Absorption will not decrease.

Zhongli GIF

Geo Lord's buff? Geo Lord's buff.
Archon side-buff patch confirmed.

Zhongli's shields come so often, it's a minor buff at best. Bug fix is the better phrase.

Pre-load is up btw. 16GB now. RIP people with old phones or without MicroSD storage. I can't imagine what the game is going to be by the time version 5.0 comes around. 80GB? Phones won't be able to handle it anymore.

BlackM1st

Banned
80GB? Phones won't be able to handle it anymore.
I hope we will move to 512Gb as a standard baseline for new phones. It's a long overdue. But yeah, most kids / people with older phones will struggle.

Archon side-buff patch confirmed.
Yeah. That's why it's always a good idea to pull for them lol MiHo cares about them.
Zhongli's shields come so often, it's a minor buff at best. Bug fix is the better phrase.
Every bit helps.Especially now, with those pesky samurais who can 1 shot your heroes.
I also think it sounds better than it would really be. The pool of 5 star items on the standard banner is already quite large. The odds of getting something newly added is quite low.
True. But... But in the same time, chances of getting C3 Mona will also be reduced xD

I don't think this'll happen until all the pre-Inazuma character have gotten a re-run, so basically anything up to and including Eula.
D:

See ya in 1 year lmao

YukiOnna

Since every banner is limited, Archons will be the special ones that set things apart outside of Ganyu and Klee who are ever popular regardless.

Pejo

Lovable Cocogoat
ERJXDCl.jpg

I honestly don't get the MHY balancing team's job. What are they even doing. Some 4*s are amazing and still don't have comparative characters (Xiangling/Fischl/Bennett/Xingqui), some are fun and unique (Sayu, Beidou), some are forgotten (Ninguang, Yanfei, Starter trio), and some are just awfully designed from a kit perspective (Xinyan, probably Sara will end up here after the initial Wow! Booba!)

I personally feel that every character should bring something unique to the table. Rosaria/Yanfei/Sara seem like they were just designed as weaker versions of their better counterparts with nothing really to save them. Then you still have units like Benny for any burst damage team, Xingqui for almost any Pyro character, etc that are nearly mandatory for high challenge content to keep up with whales. There's no reason to release a character like Sara with where we are in the game currently. Her ele skill doesn't do a taunt, her element sucks for damage, her C6 ONLY affects other Electro characters in her party, for fucks sake. Why? Why shouldn't a C6 be nice for any party member? It just seems self-defeating. I'd rather see her go full support or offer some healing or something. Make her kit an Electro Diona, but don't pigeon hole her for 2x Electro teams where a 6 second ATK buff is the best she can offer.

Maybe they made the initial supports too strong and didn't expect them to dominate endgame, but in that case, I don't feel like making new characters so much worse is a better idea.

YukiOnna

Lovable Cocogoat
ERJXDCl.jpg

I honestly don't get the MHY balancing team's job. What are they even doing. Some 4*s are amazing and still don't have comparative characters (Xiangling/Fischl/Bennett/Xingqui), some are fun and unique (Sayu, Beidou), some are forgotten (Ninguang, Yanfei, Starter trio), and some are just awfully designed from a kit perspective (Xinyan, probably Sara will end up here after the initial Wow! Booba!)

I personally feel that every character should bring something unique to the table. Rosaria/Yanfei/Sara seem like they were just designed as weaker versions of their better counterparts with nothing really to save them. Then you still have units like Benny for any burst damage team, Xingqui for almost any Pyro character, etc that are nearly mandatory for high challenge content to keep up with whales. There's no reason to release a character like Sara with where we are in the game currently. Her ele skill doesn't do a taunt, her element sucks for damage, her C6 ONLY affects other Electro characters in her party, for fucks sake. Why? Why shouldn't a C6 be nice for any party member? It just seems self-defeating. I'd rather see her go full support or offer some healing or something. Make her kit an Electro Diona, but don't pigeon hole her for 2x Electro teams where a 6 second ATK buff is the best she can offer.

Maybe they made the initial supports too strong and didn't expect them to dominate endgame, but in that case, I don't feel like making new characters so much worse is a better idea.
What it feels like is them trying to avoid powercreep but not realizing powercreep is inevitable and they should be designing characters to match their fellow counterparts and differentiating them based on their kit. Sometimes it feels like they just take a previous character and strip some things or make adjust it and we end up with something useless for 4 stars.

Last edited:

Zenaku

Downloading the pre-load.

On a happy note, I had a copy of Tsukihime expected for tomorrow morning, but it came today. Now I can sleep in the morning and be awake hopefully for when the patch goes live before work.

I agree the balancers are shit, they seem to make stupid choices. I firmly believe Baal was designed as a sword character, and has only been given a lance/polearm due to the abundance of sword characters.

Likewise, Yoimiya would make a lot of sense to play like a fire Ganyu; i.e an explosive AoE charge shot, what with her fireworks shtick, but they're so concerned with making characters different they're not putting enough focus on making them good.

Baal will survive, she'll get buff after buff if she disappoints, but other characters like Yoimiya and Sara will get left by the wayside.

YukiOnna

Looks like Tohma is 2.2

He's from Mond? Neat.

Last edited:
Top Bottom