• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 5.0 (Natlan) - Everything Changed When the Fire Nation Arrived

Pejo

BEElieve.
This just made me notice that NeoGAF doesn't have it's old tag line of "Believe." anymore. Wonder when we dropped it.

Man this is going to be such a long day. I want to play the story quest and roll on that Shogun banner.

I was smart enough this time to not do my weekly bosses/bounties/rep quests until after the patch for the new BP, but that means I have nothing to do in the game right now at all.

*edit*

Uh oh, Thoma no lookie so good.
This is Google translated. Backstage = off field He's basically Xinyan mixed with Xingqiu, 80 energy for burst. HP scaling on shield, but it's pryo with no added effects.

eebs6gfupok71.jpg

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
I thought today was patch day.

And tomorrow I'm very busy.

I wonder why patch day is always, always on days I can't play much or at all. And not just on Genshin.

Pejo

I thought today was patch day.

And tomorrow I'm very busy.

I wonder why patch day is always, always on days I can't play much or at all. And not just on Genshin.
Maintenance starts in about 5 hours, finishes in 8-9 hours, so depending on the time it is where you live, it might be today still.

BlackM1st

Banned
Maintenance starts in about 5 hours, finishes in 8-9 hours
This.

People always forget about so called Maintenance.

Have no idea why GI/Other mobile games are doing it, but for some reason they need some lengthy downtime during almost every patch.

Pejo

This.

People always forget about so called Maintenance.

Have no idea why GI/Other mobile games are doing it, but for some reason they need some lengthy downtime during almost every patch.
For a 24/7 uptime game like Genshin, you need time to update/patch servers. Also, MHY has had rock solid infrastructure through one of the biggest F2P launches of all time. Their infrastructure team deserves a ton of praise. The fact that Genshin still hasn't had a 12-24 hour maintenance extension speaks well to their technical team. Games of animated .jpgs have done a whole lot worse.

Maybe it's because I'm in the IT industry, but I'm constantly impressed with the smoothness of service for GI. Especially considering a large portion of your playerbase is playing on who the fuck knows mobile connections.

YukiOnna

For a 24/7 uptime game like Genshin, you need time to update/patch servers. Also, MHY has had rock solid infrastructure through one of the biggest F2P launches of all time. Their infrastructure team deserves a ton of praise. The fact that Genshin still hasn't had a 12-24 hour maintenance extension speaks well to their technical team. Games of animated .jpgs have done a whole lot worse.

Maybe it's because I'm in the IT industry, but I'm constantly impressed with the smoothness of service for GI. Especially considering a large portion of your playerbase is playing on who the fuck knows mobile connections.
Yeah they also add the next batch of content till the next major update for these types of games so maintenance doesn't happen every banner. Then there's FGO.

Pejo

Yeah they also add the next batch of content till the next major update for these types of games so maintenance doesn't happen every banner. Then there's FGO.
FGO is far from the worst, but I get what you're saying. Some gachas have maintenance every week for like 2-4 hours. To update some jpgs.

YukiOnna

FGO is far from the worst, but I get what you're saying. Some gachas have maintenance every week for like 2-4 hours. To update some jpgs.
Which ones? That's insane. I just have PTSD from FGO's 24 hour maintenance and puny compensation...

Pejo

Which ones? That's insane. I just have PTSD from FGO's 24 hour maintenance and puny compensation...
Ah I remember that one, the great streak ending long Jalter Santa rerun maintenance. It was like an event in itself.

FFBE has weekly maintenances, I think Epic 7 does too, but I quit that one a long time ago.

YukiOnna

Ah I remember that one, the great streak ending long Jalter Santa rerun maintenance. It was like an event in itself.

FFBE has weekly maintenances, I think Epic 7 does too, but I quit that one a long time ago.
Jalter is life. Need every version of her.

Oh surprisingly titles I knew. I thought it'd be those anime license ones.

Zenaku

Logged on to exchange stardust, get that shit out of the way so I can get straight to pulling when I get back from work. Got fuck all from the 5 normal pulls. I'll get you someday Mona :'(

Good luck to anyone who starts in 6 ½ hours

Pejo

Logged on to exchange stardust, get that shit out of the way so I can get straight to pulling when I get back from work. Got fuck all from the 5 normal pulls. I'll get you someday Mona :'(

Good luck to anyone who starts in 6 ½ hours
Oh right, shop updated today. Do you remember who the 4*s were?

Also, here's something fun. Gouba's voice lines.

Pejo

C3?

40 pulls for her and for her weapon?
C2, but I'm happy with that. I've been eyeing C2 since I saw that the Def ignore got switched to it (used to be C4). I'm done on this banner and still have some left to try for Kokomi. Got C2 Sara too, so I can slowly build out birdwife.

Boy it's a cruel joke that you can't take Shogun past level 20 until you catch up on story and open the new islands.

I can't wait to actually play the game tomorrow, but the gf and her birthday came first today. Now I need to get to bed so I'm not worthless at work tomorrow. Couldn't realistically be any happier with how my pulls turned out though. My patience has been rewarded.

BlackM1st

Banned
C2 Sara. From Almost 180 pulls. Not a single off banner 4☆ hero too.WTF.

1 new to me 4☆ green rain claymore tho!

Ok, so:

First 5☆: Electric Cat. Dupe. C1 now. On 80. Not a single Sara in 80 BTW.

Next 5☆ Baal. In a lot again. 1 Sara.

Weapon her Banner weapon in 10.

Back to limited banner.

More x10 pulls. Nothing.

Almost all primogems gone.

1 last 10 pull:

1 Sara (C2 lol)

1 Baal(won pity?)

1 QiQi (lost pity?)

I'm on a guarantee now with barely any primogems. Can't confirm tho. Wish history is down again. I hope QiQi was the last one.

Anyway, story so far:

1 new green claymore

Sucrose C12

Pyro chef C12

Sara C2

Electric cat C1

QiQi C0

Baal C1

Baal's Naginata

Pejo

C2 Sara. From Almost 180 pulls. Not a single off banner 4☆ hero too.WTF.

1 new to me 4☆ green rain claymore tho!

Ok, so:

First 5☆: Electric Cat. Dupe. C1 now. On 80. Not a single Sara in 80 BTW.

Next 5☆ Baal. In a lot again. 1 Sara.

Weapon her Banner weapon in 10.

Back to limited banner.

More x10 pulls. Nothing.

Almost all primogems gone.

1 last 10 pull:

1 Sara (C2 lol)

1 Baal(won pity?)

1 QiQi (lost pity?)

I'm on a guarantee now with barely any primogems. Can't confirm tho. Wish history is down again. I hope QiQi was the last one.

Anyway, story so far:

1 new green claymore

Sucrose C12

Pyro chef C12

Sara C2

Electric cat C1

QiQi C0

Baal C1

Baal's Naginata
Congrats man, GAF is showing up tonight with the pull luck. You finally broke your Qiqi seal too. That means nothing but lost 50/50s from now until 3rd anniversary. (kidding, hopefully).

Fake Fake Saber Saber Fuz Fuz InterMusketeer InterMusketeer Zenaku Zenaku Lupingosei Lupingosei and anyone else rolling - better give us some updates on your pulls. 8/31/21 is a blessed GAF roll day.

BlackM1st

Banned
C4 Sara

Turns out I was on 50/50. Damn history still down.

So...

Jean

Girl finally came home in 20

Ok... Guarantee... And...

jealous benedict cumberbatch GIF by BBC

Next 20

Baal C2

Needless to say I have absolutely nothing left OMG ahaha

But. I consider this a giant, enormous win to me.

Neat const for Electric cat who I'm plan to use with Baal.

From 0 healers to 2 best.

Baal C2 with her weapon.

De Acuerdo Yes GIF

BlackM1st

Banned
Total 90 pulls and got all these:

20210831_223554.jpg

20210831_224516.jpg

20210831_224940.jpg

20210831_235445.jpg
Dat Bell !!!

Grats man. MiHo is racking in cash right now, no doubt. Cheap bastards keep getting away with it... lol

but the gf and her birthday came first today.
Respect man. Happy wife - happy life. Same goes for happy GF ;)

C2 since I saw that the Def ignore got switched to it (used to be C4)
Baal keeps on #winning.

You finally broke your Qiqi seal too
And Jean too! So happy rn.

I have 2565 of Stardust and 246 of Starglitter.

That's it lmao.

C'mon MiHo, give me your 10 free wishes, you cheap fucks D:

Zenaku

Lost out I'm afraid.

Got Baal at 40, but I was on guaranteed banner pull anyway, but lost on the weapon banner. Ended up buying the highest pack to get the weapon and managed a C1 for Baal with what's left over (won the 50/50).

I'll probably try for C2, everything above that seems to benefit the team rather than Baal herself, but it really depends on how much I enjoy playing her.

Hopefully I've soaked up a little bad luck for you guys.

BlackM1st

Banned
Lost out I'm afraid.

Got Baal at 40, but I was on guaranteed banner pull anyway, but lost on the weapon banner. Ended up buying the highest pack to get the weapon and managed a C1 for Baal with what's left over (won the 50/50).

I'll probably try for C2, everything above that seems to benefit the team rather than Baal herself, but it really depends on how much I enjoy playing her.

Hopefully I've soaked up a little bad luck for you guys.
Weapon banner is a bitch.

Same goes for new limited 4☆.

I hope you have a pretty stacked Noelle. Preferably C6. She will shred with this claymore. You probably will never need any other hero lol

C6 Noelle with this claymore is absolutely bonkers.

Go for it. 60% DEF shred is an enormous value. I will give her Geo Lord's shield too lol

Maybe add my C6 Noelle into the mix xD

My girl Noelle walks among Gods.

xESzGUe.jpg
OgaZW3W.jpg

I'm so proud ;_;

Last edited:

Zenaku

Weapon banner is a bitch.

Same goes for new limited 4☆.

I hope you have a pretty stacked Noelle. Preferably C6. She will shred with this claymore. You probably will never need any other hero lol

C6 Noelle with this claymore is absolutely bonkers.

Go for it. 60% DEF shred is an enormous value. I will give her Geo Lord's shield too lol

Maybe add my C6 Noelle into the mix xD

My girl Noelle walks among Gods.

xESzGUe.jpg
OgaZW3W.jpg

I'm so proud ;_;
When I said I lost on the banner, I mean I REALLY lost.

Would've been happy to have gotten that geo sword since I do have a C6 Noelle, but I got a skyward(?) sword instead. Then the grasscutter about 60-80 pulls later.

Got Baal at 70, anyway. Might be able to get her to 80, but not sure I'll find enough fruit for 90.

BlackM1st

Banned
When I said I lost on the banner, I mean I REALLY lost.

Would've been happy to have gotten that geo sword since I do have a C6 Noelle, but I got a skyward(?) sword instead. Then the grasscutter about 60-80 pulls later.

Got Baal at 70, anyway. Might be able to get her to 80, but not sure I'll find enough fruit for 90.
Ooof, yeah. Sounds rough haha.

Jrpg GIF

Still, grats on the Grasscutter.

Genshin Impact GIF

I hate you all.
200.gif

Stay strong lol

Top Bottom