• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 5.0 (Natlan) - Everything Changed When the Fire Nation Arrived

BlackM1st

Banned
OFgzdBp.png
LMAO, so true xD

Pejo

God dammit, I read some spoilers not realizing what I was reading regarding 2.1.

forget-me-now_1.jpg

*edit* well I'm fucked, the curiosity was too much and I read the whole thing. Big things in the story are afoot. 2.1 is gonna be great for lore people. I'm not going to say anything about the story directly but...

RIP to those that are saving for Signora. May as well pull for "Shogun"

Last edited:

Zenaku

Always hate times, they're never in a format I understand off the top of my head.

Worked out Asian server will start maintenance at 11PM GMT and finish about 4AM GMT, so I'll still be at work when it goes live. Oh well. Gonna be a long night.

Pejo

Those spoilers are one heck of copium ice cream lmao

Keep coming, I'm loving it.
This one explains the back story of what happened in Inazuma.

The current storyline is summed up here:

2.1 STORYLINE LEAKS:
Below is my translation of Terry Chen's story leaks:

"Kazuha will reawaken Tomo's Electro Vision, Tomo will come back in 2.1 storyline as a ghost/soul/spirit. (Notes from the poster: Kazuha can't use 2 visions, but he can use the Electro Vision at that specific moment.)" Source

r/Genshin_Impact_Leaks - Terry Chen's leaks with proof that he's currently reliable + Translation of his remaining leaks
"Last month I told you some information that my Japanese brother who collaborated with miHoYo had told me about the 2.1 plot, and I gave some information to the group (Now Deleted), perhaps anyone reading it at that time will remember. Now that the 2.1 trailer has been released, it also partly proves the story I told is true, now version 2.1 is coming out, and I also have permission from my brother (in Japan), so I will tell the whole story of 2.1, note that if you want to experience 2.1 story yourself, ignore this post, it's not good to know in advance. Another note is that what I'm telling you was told to me by my brother, which means that there are some parts that will be inconsistent, especially characters' emotions, people still need to wait for lore of 2.1 to fully understand.

Initially, Teppei led the MC to visit Kokomi's residence, and the MC grows in importance to Kokomi, making Teppei very jealous, then he fell into a Fatui trap, and was assigned a delusion to fight the government troops, but Teppei did not tell others. Some time later, after accomplishing enough achievements to catch up with MC, Teppei died due to the side effects (RIP), MC was filled with rage and searched around Inazuma to find the Fatui, and found the Fatui's lair, and met Scara as shown in the 2.1 trailer. However, MC was defeated by Scara, Yae suddenly appeared, handing over the gnosis to redeem the MC.

According to the trailer, perhaps the opening scene of the trailer is when Yae wakes up the MC, telling him to change Ei's mind and stop this situation. The reason why Yae is acting now is because MC is the only one who can enter Ei's space and meet Ei, not Shogun, since Shogun is just something Ei created (similar to Albedo). This is also explained in the cutscene in 2.0, Shogun's attitude and facial expression changes when the fight with MC is over. What Yae needs is her best friend Ei, and doesn't care about other things.

Later, Yae said that the Tenryou Commission had betrayed, but Sara didn't, that the Clan had purposely kept the Shogun from knowing about the resistance and Fatui, making Ei look like a tyrant. So what needs to be done is to convince Sara to become an ally. Sara, after verifying the truth, ran away to deal with the head of her family, then ran to find the Shogun. Next, Sara stormed into the meeting between Shogun and Signora to ask questions, eventually, Sara was defeated by La Signora and Signora forced the shogun to finish off Sara according to the duel rules. MC rushed to stop and challenged Signora to a duel, winning, and Shogun beheaded Signora (RIP) according to the duel rules. In the end, Shogun didn't let the MC escape like last time, but rushed in to kill MC, but as the trailer shows, the resistance and Kazuha came to the rescue in time (I have no information on this part). Finally, Ei appeared, dragging the main to the Plane of Euthymia again, and Yae managed to sneak in as planned. After defeating Ei, Ei temporarily complied with MC wish to remove the rule to collect visions but was still unamiring to MC.

Yae temporarily let Ei rest in the mansion, and personally answered the main's questions at the end of the arc (Just like how Venti and Zhongli did). The important information is as follows: In addition to the Shogun, Scara is a faulty copy that Ei created, Ei couldn't bring herself to kill, so she erased his memories and released him, and now Scara himself has returned to take her gnosis.

r/Genshin_Impact_Leaks - Terry Chen's leaks with proof that he's currently reliable + Translation of his remaining leaks
Ei had a twin sister, they fought together, but her older sister was eroded, and Ei had to kill her own sister in the battle of Khaenriah, Ei was too frightened by the flow of time and scared that she will be the same (as her sister) and harm Inazuma in the future. Because of that, Ei isolated herself and Inazuma, broke off with Celestia, gave her gnosis to Yae, created the Shogun, killed herself, and transferred her will to the Shogun's eternal Plane of Euthymia (because Ei's physical body will be affected by time, but not Shogun's). Ei said goodbye to Yae and was alone in the Plane of Euthymia for 500 years to avoid being corrupted/eroded. Shogun still has her own personality and thoughts, but only focuses on achieving extreme eternity as shown in the story.

After-story: MC came to comfort Ei in Shogun's Character Story Quest, and Ei changed her mind, but Shogun didn't, Shogun's mechanism/instinct is only achieving eternity because Shogun was made that way, so Shogun considered Ei's will as an enemy, and assumed that Ei had been corrupted/eroded over time. In the Kokomi storyline, the two sides of the government and the resistance have reached an armistice as shown in the trailer."

Pejo

Cool, cool, cool...

Who da fuck is Ei?
Ei is Beezlebub - Baal's twin sister and previous body double, who killed herself after Baal died in the war and sealed her own essence inside Raiden Shogun (a homunculus) who is a twin/clone of herself. Scaramouche is also a clone, but a failed one because he had a peepee, so instead of destroying him, Ei just erased his memories and shipped him out of Inazuma. Ei is inside Shogun, but Shogun has her own personality/ideals, which Ei is currently unaware of, because she can only be interacted with in the dark realm where she succs traveler the first time they fight.

No this is not a mexican soap opera, but it's close.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fuz

Pejo

Bring me more copium. I can't take anymore.
Well a bit of good news...

Supposedly Tsarista gets pissed since Scaramouche runs off with the Electro Gnosis, and sends Childe to get it back, but Scara kills Childe. That's good news for you because if one dead playable Harbinger, why not 2?

Fake

Gold Member
Supposedly Tsarista gets pissed since Scaramouche runs off with the Electro Gnosis, and sends Childe to get it back, but Scara kills Childe. That's good news for you because if one dead playable Harbinger, why not 2?

Joking or leak?

Pejo

Joking or leak?
Same guy that leaked the earlier part leaked that part afterwards, but who knows. I doubt that bit will be in 2.1.

Also,
Signora was confirmed the Crimson Witch of Flame, and her Delusion is Cryo because it helps suppress the fire and rage from her natural form. It's likely that she doesn't even have a vision, she's just really pissed and firey.

Last edited:

YukiOnna

Same I can't wait. That video is awesome.

Really short survey about Theater and Phantom Flow btw

Pejo

I don't know if you know about the jack-o challenge but she dominated it on my twitter
IMO too many artists are drawing it from the wrong angle. Only a select few have the right idea. Also, lots of artists make the legs too stumpy because they don't get the curvature right.

Sincerely,
A guy that can't even draw straight lines

YukiOnna

IMO too many artists are drawing it from the wrong angle. Only a select few have the right idea. Also, lots of artists make the legs too stumpy because they don't get the curvature right.

Sincerely,
A guy that can't even draw straight lines
One guy had the right idea for Mona, he drew her straight from the behind angle.

YukiOnna

Nice
For people who want to know what her last Waka (short poem) means: 寝るが内に 見るをのみやは 夢と言はむ はかなき世をも うつつとは見ず
Rough translation: we refer to only the things we see while we are sleeping as dreams but this futile world also doesn’t seem like the reality.
The poet actually wrote this when they realized how meaningless this world is when their loved one passed away.

And I didn't know that her hairpiece had the Chinese Bellflower, fitting symbolism.

Saber

I have to believe that it's fake. Nobody can be that much of a dimwit.

Then again, this looks like it's from D*scord, I think, so...

Didn't that happened once on reddit? The guy was super depressed because he choose the wrong wish. I think it was waiting for Ganyu I think.

Zenaku

Um... You spoiled westerners, I swear.
The new icon is a reward and a celebration which is always with you!

5pVGtxA.jpg

Free wishes come and go, but an icon is always with you, comrades ❤
miHoYo added a second icon to my desktop, while also updating the one I already had on there.

Is this a sign I'll get Baal on my first pull?!

Top Bottom