• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 5.0 (Natlan) - Everything Changed When the Fire Nation Arrived

deanote666

Just started Mona's domain and already hate it.

Failed the bullet hell since I wasn't sure if I should get hit or not due to no instructions and wouldn't let me restart it.

Left and reentered the domain to have Mona do her narration again only to have the star stop part way and have to restart the domain again.

Pejo

I don't think that's it... Unless I'm going crazy and never noticed these gift reaction voicelines lol
Yea this is from the 'Spices from the West" event that happened a while ago. There might be something new in the works for non-food related gifts, but MHY loves their food. You aren't missing much.

*edit*

I can't describe my disappointment in the final reward for that "treasure hunt" quest. All that bullshit I went through, and you get 3 xp books and some enhancement ore. Not even a furniture blueprint or a billet selector box or something.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fuz

Fake

Gold Member
Was the intercept/voice in the head of the Traveller the Dendro god? They put a dendro picture in the end of conversation. IDK the interess of the Dendro god ln the Traveller. Lets just guess is another filler.

Pejo

Was the intercept/voice in the head of the Traveller the Dendro god? They put a dendro picture in the end of conversation. IDK the interess of the Dendro god ln the Traveller. Lets just guess is another filler.
Yep. She sort of explains it in the voice lines. She sensed a power that was similar to her own (the Fatui machine), and popped in to have a look. She said it's by being a "little bird" but the general consensus is that she can enter humans' minds. While looking into the stuff going on in the Archipelago, she saw the traveler's aura or powers or whatever and got curious, so she reached out to contact him by hacking Venti's device (or hacking directly into the Traveler's mind and making it seem like it was through the device, that part is unclear).

crumbs

Anyone else have the weird bug where Venti shows up at your island campsite after completing the main quest series? You can't talk or interact with him and if you travel back to Mondstadt, he's still on the roof of the Cat's Tail.

Pejo

Anyone else have the weird bug where Venti shows up at your island campsite after completing the main quest series? You can't talk or interact with him and if you travel back to Mondstadt, he's still on the roof of the Cat's Tail.
Take a screenshot, that's weird.

crumbs

Take a screenshot, that's weird.
I won't be at home until much later to get a screenshot, but I found a reddit post with the same thing:

Edit: Checked back this evening and island Venti is gone. Not sure if finishing the main quest triggered the bug or if it was from completing the Fatui conch shell quest.

Last edited:

Pejo

Can you guys login into this through your PS5? For the first time ever I tried scanning the QR code and legit doesn't read anything.

Tried more than one smartphone and none are able to read it.
I don't play on my ps5 anymore, sadly. You can just click the link here and log in to the site with your hoyoverse account though. You don't have to do it through the game.

Pejo

R Reizo Ryuu
Better save those crystals.
  • Elysia Herrscher (likely Ice)
  • Ely Elf (likely Ice)
  • Fu Hua Swimsuit (not sure which valk, probably AE or VA)
  • Griseo Swimsuit
  • Vill-V Swimsuit
At least 1 of these will be an event reward, I'm guessing the Hua one.
FYQlN__VEAABN48

Pejo

Yea I saw that, the only thing that changed is that they added the Dendro reactions to the descriptions. No change in effect.

*edit*

So which enemies did you guys get in the survey? I got Signora/Mechanical Array/Ruin Hunter/Generic Treasure Hoarder.

Gave Signora decent feedback, minus all the invulnerability phase bullshit that just makes the fight take longer than it needs to. Mechanical array is just another boring cube boss without an element, Ruin Hunter is fun but it takes too much dicking around to make it go into "missle launch" mode so you can shoot it out of the sky, and Treasure Hoarders are just generic dudes.

Last edited:

Fake

Gold Member
I got the terrible oceanic of electro, speactre and the eye of storm.

Only eye of storm I gave positive. The others go the trash.

YukiOnna

Weekly Boss design isn't an issue for me. I think they've nailed it as far as Azhdaha to Narukami no Mikoto goes.
World bosses are a mixed batch where some are fine, some aren't. They should focus on them being quick farms, more uptime for attack and not something like the Oceanid.

My biggest disappointment lies in lack of mob monsters. It's still mostly just Hilichurls and Treasure Hoarders and new region should have lead to lot more local monsters IMO.

Pejo

Weekly Boss design isn't an issue for me. I think they've nailed it as far as Azhdaha to Narukami no Mikoto goes.
World bosses are a mixed batch where some are fine, some aren't. They should focus on them being quick farms, more uptime for attack and not something like the Oceanid.
Ruin Serpent is by far the worst one. It spends like 90% of the fight invulnerable. It's fine for weeklies, as you say, but if you need to farm ascension materials, it's literally just wasting the players' time.
My biggest disappointment lies in lack of mob monsters. It's still mostly just Hilichurls and Treasure Hoarders and new region should have lead to lot more local monsters IMO.
Yea, not only do we need more mobs, we need bigger groups of them too. I can't ever do any cool reaction shit when I'm fighting 1-3 monsters that die in 4 hits. There's a random Inazuma daily that has you fight a group of respawning Treasure Hoarders, and it's my favorite one because it spawns like 3-4 waves of 5+ hoarders each. You can really let loose on them.

YukiOnna

Ruin Serpent is by far the worst one. It spends like 90% of the fight invulnerable. It's fine for weeklies, as you say, but if you need to farm ascension materials, it's literally just wasting the players' time.

Yea, not only do we need more mobs, we need bigger groups of them too. I can't ever do any cool reaction shit when I'm fighting 1-3 monsters that die in 4 hits. There's a random Inazuma daily that has you fight a group of respawning Treasure Hoarders, and it's my favorite one because it spawns like 3-4 waves of 5+ hoarders each. You can really let loose on them.
I completely wiped Ruin Serpent from my mind. That fight brought back Cryo Cube nightmares. Definitely need mobs at least on commissions and quests to last longer since you can't test anything.

Pejo

Well Fuz Fuz - you were right, it does look like an outdoor furniture after all. Fucking MHY. Can't have shit. Also it has the longtime rude tourist option of tapping on the glass to piss off the fish.

18qkty4nb5d91.jpg

nuvgtqgnb5d91.jpg

hzy3i7onb5d91.jpg

*edit*

Looks like Yoimiya's banner is actually Xinyan/Bennett/YunJin instead of Barbie. Not that Xinyan is a great character, but at least most people probably didn't already have her at C6.

ypa5y2xta5d91.jpg

*edit2*

Looks like a new few lines from a Geforce leak shows that Steam version of Genshin is likely on the way. Looks like EGS exclusivity is nearing its end.

I normally would never add another launcher on top of the PC launcher, but if it makes Genshin work on my deck without Dualbooting/installing Windows, it's a big win in my book.

Last edited:
  • LOL

Fuz

Banned
Well, I think I 100% the archipelago.

Only thing that remains in the map seems to be a luxurious chest in the middle of the sea, but there's nothing there.

EDIT: and the ring on the starting island beach, which is oddly marked as mini puzzle on the map, but throwing the ball in it causes... nothing.

Last edited:

Fake

Gold Member
The circle thing is just an meme about the last archipelago game. I guess you need to beat the monsters and break the box to earn the chest.

Pejo

Well, I think I 100% the archipelago.

Only thing that remains in the map seems to be a luxurious chest in the middle of the sea, but there's nothing there.

EDIT: and the ring on the starting island beach, which is oddly marked as mini puzzle on the map, but throwing the ball in it causes... nothing.
Chest in the middle of the ocean is from the treasure hunt sidequest. I posted a pic where it starts a few pages back.

• Thoughtful
Just finished exploring most of the chasm, the ruin serpent boss at the end of it was weird, cause I had already fought it multiple times before that for Yelan materials...
Overall I think the chasm might've been my favourite place to explore so far, and by far, lots of nooks and crannies, no annoying freeze/heat mechanics, interesting local enemies, adjuvant upgrades in relatively easy places and good music.
If mihoyo can consistently add cool areas like this one, I might start playing more regularly.

At one part one of the enemies glitched out and I got to hear the battle music entirely, might be my favourite one now; also liked how some of the ambient music later one would seamlessly transition into battle music and back, I hope there's more of that going forward.

Going to finish the quest soon and then do dainsleif's quest afterwards, but so far top marks.
R Reizo Ryuu
Better save those crystals.
  • Elysia Herrscher (likely Ice)
  • Ely Elf (likely Ice)
  • Fu Hua Swimsuit (not sure which valk, probably AE or VA)
  • Griseo Swimsuit
  • Vill-V Swimsuit
At least 1 of these will be an event reward, I'm guessing the Hua one.
FYQlN__VEAABN48
I hope the herrscher has some wild animations, and just hits like a truck like durandal; vill-v looks good, too bad I'll never pull her.

crumbs

Looks like a new few lines from a Geforce leak shows that Steam version of Genshin is likely on the way. Looks like EGS exclusivity is nearing its end.

I normally would never add another launcher on top of the PC launcher, but if it makes Genshin work on my deck without Dualbooting/installing Windows, it's a big win in my book.

Even if GI was on Steam, I think MiHoYo would need to make their proprietary anti-cheat software compatible with Proton (linux) layer that Steam uses for the Deck. Maybe that happens, but I'm not getting my hopes up yet.

Besides, if you want to play on a mobile console, there's always the Switch version...

Sad Futurama GIF

Pejo

New bosses sound like they have some interesting mechanics at least. Here's hoping that they don't couple the new mechanics along with a 30 second invulnerability window for every 10 seconds of damage time you get.

u4yjavzyc4d91.jpg
uhoeyvzyc4d91.jpg

jsow9xzyc4d91.jpg

BJK

*edit*

Looks like Yoimiya's banner is actually Xinyan/Bennett/YunJin instead of Barbie. Not that Xinyan is a great character, but at least most people probably didn't already have her at C6.

Since I’m planning on pulling for Yoimiya, this is a real upgrade for me. My Xinyan’s only C3, and my YunJin is C0. Hate blowing my guaranteed pull right before Zhongli is rumored to rerun (plus the eventual Dendro archon)…but I’ve already skipped her once. Here’s to hoping I get her before pity!

Mistake

I don’t have yoimiya or kazuha. I already did about 30 pulls and still didn’t get kazuha, so I guess I’ll start saving for yoimiya now

My issue with Yoi's banner wasn't Barbie, but Bennett. Piss off dude! Why not Fischl? She's part of the event, doesn't that make more sense? I just can't get a grip on what MHY is thinking. If they wanted to make her banner more appealing, Heizou should have been on there. If they just wanted to dump all the bad 4 stars on her banner I'd understand too. Nothing can save it anyway. But now they just lazily put Bennett on there to slightly increase interest. No one wins.

deanote666

Anyone get the treasure chest in the reverse mona island in the same area as the elemental totems and the chest next to the warp point on the same island normal version?

Top Bottom