• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 5.0 (Natlan) - Everything Changed When the Fire Nation Arrived

YukiOnna

Oh, the only ugly location you mean.
I prefer the high fantasy aesthetic and stuff like Shroom King was otherworldly in the Chasm, so throwing in stuff like that is what I wanted to see more of as there's only so much you can do with another forest. Hopefully that desert storm surrounding the pyramid is most of what the desert is because that's a biome that I've never liked.

• Surprised
Reactions: Fuz

Fuz

Banned
I know how you think about it, I'm just kidding around (not that much toh).
We have opposing tastes. Meaning that yours are wrong.
another forest
Another? Where's the first one? Those few trees in Inazuma? Please. We need a proper forest - but I doubt we'll ever have it in Genshin.
My idea of a forest in gaming comes from DAoC. You could easily get lost in it if you din't knew it well enough already.

Last edited:

YukiOnna

I know how you think about it, I'm just kidding around (not that much toh).
We have opposing tastes. Meaning that yours are wrong.

Another? Where's the first one? Those few trees in Inazuma? Please. We need a proper forest - but I doubt we'll ever have it in Genshin.
My idea of a forest in gaming comes from DAoC. You could easily get lost in it if you din't knew it well enough already.
I should rephrase it: more greenery. Now that we have a region actually based around that, let's go all the way in aesthetic was what I was hoping for. And yeah we're not getting anything so dense or designed that you'd get lost (not when you have waypoints).

• Praise the Sun

Pejo

Jesus christ reddit has turned into an even worse cesspool than usual for the past 24 hours. A mod deleted a post with a shirtless Tartaglia and the lunatics are going bonkers about it now.

If only there was a site where you could make/join specific subredd.... communities... for specific niches. Too bad nothing like that can or has or will ever exist I guess. The main Genshin subreddit is apparently the only place that you could possibly find shirtless male art.

I was really thinking about it, but I already have every other anemo character, including the new 4 star guy. Yoimiya is good for dps, and should help flesh out my other fire builds
Yoimiya is an absolute boss killer. The only bosses I don't use her for are Signora, and the Pyro immunes bosses like the Pyro cube and Pyro Regisvine. She's also a nice pick with Dendro in the wings, since you won't be burgeoning yourself to death like you would with a melee Pyro character. I think it's a good move aiming for her. I use her far more than I expected to when I first rolled on her.

Fake

Gold Member
Yoimiya needs support, aka Xingu. The problem with Yoimiya is not Yoimiya, but bow chars sucks at basic attacks.

If Yoimiya elemental skill transform her basic attacks into Lisa basic attacks would be perfect.

And YES, stay alway from reddit.

Last edited:

Mistake

If only there was a site where you could make/join specific subredd.... communities... for specific niches. Too bad nothing like that can or has or will ever exist I guess. The main Genshin subreddit is apparently the only place that you could possibly find shirtless male art.
I’ve been hearing similar complaints with discord servers, where they got moderated or deleted, despite not even having mods. If you’re interested, the Guilded app seems to be getting more popular recently, and is less pc. There’s community servers and whatnot on it

Last edited:

Fake

Gold Member
I’ve been hearing similar complaints with discord servers, where they got moderated or deleted, despite not even having mods.

Botmod, algorithm, DLAI... You know, being a real person mod is a hard work. The horror of reading and moderating posts. /s

Fake

Gold Member
Yeah, me too. Wouldn't mod reddit if not paid good cash.

I moderated 3 gaming foruns. Me and usually two more people, plus people over the moderation hierarchy. For free. The forum gave us tools, check in, etc... Not a hard job. Less than 1 hour per days. Sometimes I even not moderate because my job first.

Now, on reddit most of them get paid, get powerfull tools (unlike what we get from foruns), there are automatic bots with double check simple cases of spam and the reddit inself already work with shadowban, ip block, spammers. Battlefield 2042 for example, paid mod, he refuse to moderate because people ask real questions about the game, he admited in the Twitter he is not interact with people over reddit people bruh people are toxic.

Weekends I even moderate brazillian Counter Strike servers, people just been fun with each other using bad words, one time at month some are real fight with each other and I cool down. Just ask people to tone down using voice command. No stress, even when the subject is politics.

All for free. But somehow reddit mods act like they came from World War 2 like a survivor hero.

Last edited:

Fake

Gold Member
05tdl9e37bd91.jpg

w6m0mde37bd91.jpg

mtoo1gc37bd91.jpg

6c8pffe37bd91.jpg

rybl6ec37bd91.jpg

lddzogc37bd91.jpg

05ytyfc37bd91.jpg

hjq5nic37bd91.jpg

02zsmhc37bd91.jpg

SSfox

I hate the GI community bro, leaking banners is something, but leaking story stuffs is another, and once a leak is out there is literally no way to escape it.

Saber

I like it a lot.
Shame that they ruined non-Japan, though. Was my most anticipated nation.

If this is the level of music, then I'm very dissapointed.
But the overworld seems like a big drooling. Both deserts and forests got me very hyped. Really hope the exploration delivers.

• Strength

Mistake

I wonder if we’ll ever get a dendro character? The element is there, but only for slimes and magic midgets

Last edited:

crumbs

Anyone get the treasure chest in the reverse mona island in the same area as the elemental totems and the chest next to the warp point on the same island normal version?
Is this puzzle you are referring to?

I had to look it up. I've cleared almost all of Mona's island, but I still don't know where you get clues for this puzzle's solution.

deanote666

Is this puzzle you are referring to?

I had to look it up. I've cleared almost all of Mona's island, but I still don't know where you get clues for this puzzle's solution.

Thanks! That was the one I mentioned by the elemental totems. The other is by the warp point on the regular version of the island. The reverse version of the chest had an electro animal make torches.

I tried most of the puzzles that that actually had hints. There was a torch puzzle that you only had to light 2 of the 4 and didn't see a hint anywhere for it.

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
Thanks! That was the one I mentioned by the elemental totems. The other is by the warp point on the regular version of the island. The reverse version of the chest had an electro animal make torches.

I tried most of the puzzles that that actually had hints. There was a torch puzzle that you only had to light 2 of the 4 and didn't see a hint anywhere for it.
That torch puzzle does nothing at all (again, bad design). It's just from the reverse island.

Kill/scare the animals, activate cryo totem and go back there to corral the 3 dream forms to the chest.

Fuz

Banned

So basically I've counted every chest event and other who's related with GAA and there we go from the day 1 until day 5 (That because of time gated quest)

Reward GAA day 1

Common chest 11 (22)

Exquisite chest 12 (60)

Wooden chest 1 (10k mora)

Teleport 9 (45)

Story 1 (30)

Event (90)

Conch (240)

Total day 1: 487 Primogem

Reward GAA day 2

Common chest 42 (84)

Exquisite chest 27 (135)

Precious chest 3 (30)

Event chest 2 (-)

Story 2 (90)

Event 1 (60)

Event 2 (60)

Total day 2: 459 Primogem

Reward GAA day 3

Common chest 28 (56)

Exquisite chest 21 (105)

Precious chest 6 (60)

Luxurious chest 1 (50)

Event chest 1 prec (-)

Story (90)

Conch (80)

Event 1 (30)

Event 3 (60)

Total day 3: 531 Primogem

Reward GAA day 4

Common chest 22 (44)

Exquisite chest 5 (25)

Precious chest 5 (50)

Event chest 4 (-)

Story (90)

Event 4 (60)

Total day 4: 269

Reward GAA day 5

Common chest 18 (36)

Exquisite chest 18 (90)

Precious chest 2 (20)

Luxurious chest 5 (50) + 1 (40)

Event chest 4 (-)

WQ chest 4 (-)

Story (90 mona + 30 Rhyme)

World quest Treasure voyage (30)

World quest Bake Danuki (40)

World quest Scattered past (110)

World quest The Treasure of The Four Skerries (120) + 1 luxurious chest (40)

Thus was The Work Done in Vain (50)

Event 5 (60)

Total day 5: 776

Total: 487 + 459 + 531 + 269 + 776 = 2,522

872f70ecb832dae7b025642e0b249978_8496204503658284074.png

Total chest

1. 253 (+domain) + 1 wooden box (Total Chest)

2. 182 (-domain) + 1 wooden box (Hoyolab)

Disclaimer: maybe i've a wrong but it's must be only around 2 or 5 primogem

Pejo

So leakers are saying that 3.1 likely banners are Cyno (Electro Spear) and Nilou (Hydro sword) for 5*s, and Candace (the yet unrevealed tan purple haired twintails girl) as the new 4*. Rumors earlier stated that Zhongli would get a rerun in there somewhere too.

We'll also meet Mika in Mondstadt, who is a subordinate of Varka (who has been on an expedition in Snezhnaya) and he will eventually be playable (not in 3.1). His appearance is supposedly somewhat similar to Bennett but different colors and stuff.

Fake

Gold Member
With as limited and awful post-Inazuma 4*s have been, I dunno why you'd wish for that. I keep hoping Dehya gets bumped up to 5*. She'd be harder to get, but at least worth using when you get her.

I have nothing against her kit, but 4* chars are less popular and I love this. 5* are hard to get, sometimes very powerful, I don't usually pursuit that.

I saw her kit, nothing there tells me she is a 5* aside from damage I guess? But I'll get her anw. I was expecting a Claymore Hydro, but she looks promissing for me and I have loads of swords for her to use.

Last edited:

Saber

Is there anyone who would really use those Sumeru weapons? Feel like gonna have a bunch of prototypes rotting because of how hard they tried to make them suck.

Pejo

So apparently with the latest dev client leak that happened that gave us leak-a-palooza a few weeks ago, it opened up mods on the non-live client.

Last edited:

Pejo

Nilou's kit is turning into a bit of a bummer. Another ultra-specific use female 5*.

ctv3kjup2zd91.jpg

So a sub dps/ Hydro applicator specifically built for Dendro.

Sad Jim Carrey GIF

Saber

Nilou's kit is turning into a bit of a bummer. Another ultra-specific use female 5*.

ctv3kjup2zd91.jpg

So a sub dps/ Hydro applicator specifically built for Dendro.

Sad Jim Carrey GIF

Is Nilou that female hydro character from Sumeru?
If so then theres something wrong with this. Maybe I'm mistaken, but from my memory of leaks her elemental skill kinda changes her basic attack animation behaviour, not even her sword shows anymore. Its like the ring of water became her new basic attack.

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
XtNdktebWa59

Edit: nope, it is old.

So, uh, anyone completed the Dire Straits difficulty? They just have way too many hp.

Last edited:

Saber

So, uh, anyone completed the Dire Straits difficulty? They just have way too many hp.

My problem is not the hp, its simply enemies keeping backsliding and evading damage. Not worth the trouple, and rewards are austics.

Last edited:

Fake

Gold Member
My problem with difficults are not the difficult inself, but the terrible rewards. I know they don't want primo in the hell difficult, but at least give more mora/crystal.

Pejo

I dunno if it's a glitch or a mechanic, but the first ruin grader keeps getting his HP insta-filled to 50% after I have him near death, both times I tried, which effectively kills the run. Not gonna bother for a few ores.

Looks like "uncle" who gives a fuck is now saying that Dehya is 5*. Great news if so, hope she's good and doesn't have a HP loss mechanic.

Also, Cyno is apparently dependent on his elemental skill for most of his damage, and Baizhu is a healer (whoahhhhhh! Thanks leaker, never could have figured that out)

a01x3nmer4e91.jpg

deanote666

I tried Dire once and only got 1 of the hard enemies defeated. Not worth only 4 purple crystals...

Got Freedom-Sworn in under 50 pulls. EM 948 on Kazuha C1. Not sure if I'm seeing any additional damage over Iron Sting...

Last edited:

Pejo

I tried Dire once and only got 1 of the hard enemies defeated. Not worth only 4 purple crystals...

Got Freedom-Sworn in under 50 pulls. EM 948 on Kazuha C1. Not sure if I'm seeing any additional damage over Iron Sting...
It's more for the passive Millennial Movement buff than it is just the EM, though it is higher EM too.

I can't believe they made the signature sword for samurai boi a blue european styled longsword. We need weapon skins or transmog or something.

Pejo

So now that I have the important talents maxed out to either 9/10 for all of the characters I currently use, I've been starting the artifact grind. At this point I'm not sure which domain is worse, Crimson Witch or VV. Either way, their partner artifact sets in the domain seem to drop 75% of the time and they're both entirely useless sets. (I mean Lavawalker and Maiden's Beloved). Artifact grinding is awful, and I do not regret for a second putting it off until now.

I'm currently trying to change my Hu Tao's Shimenawa set with 4pc Crimson Witch, and so far out of 11 runs, I only got 1 usable CW artifact, a feather. Out of all of those runs, I have only gotten 3 5* CW artifacts at all, the rest were all Lavawalker. And this is me running condensed resin so that's 18 out of 22 5* artifacts are useless Lavawalker crap. What an absolute shitshow of a gearing system.

• Empathy

Fake

Gold Member
Both are equal worst, but in the difficult matter, Pale Flames because two geovishap. Since last week I've been farming to Diluc with no luck.

I totally give up farming better Crimson Witch artifacts since ages.

deanote666

Pale flame isn't too bad. Just have Kazuha jump between them a few times.

Venti wrecks the VV domain.

Haven't farmed crimson witch in awhile but annoying since it's waves. Yelan takes care of that one though.

I've got 20 characters ready to go and felt like taking a break in the artifact grind for the last week or so.

Fought the pimo geovishap till I have enough materials for all the characters that needed it's materials so it's now a dead boss to me.

Last edited:

Saber

So now that I have the important talents maxed out to either 9/10 for all of the characters I currently use, I've been starting the artifact grind. At this point I'm not sure which domain is worse, Crimson Witch or VV. Either way, their partner artifact sets in the domain seem to drop 75% of the time and they're both entirely useless sets. (I mean Lavawalker and Maiden's Beloved). Artifact grinding is awful, and I do not regret for a second putting it off until now.

I'm currently trying to change my Hu Tao's Shimenawa set with 4pc Crimson Witch, and so far out of 11 runs, I only got 1 usable CW artifact, a feather. Out of all of those runs, I have only gotten 3 5* CW artifacts at all, the rest were all Lavawalker. And this is me running condensed resin so that's 18 out of 22 5* artifacts are useless Lavawalker crap. What an absolute shitshow of a gearing system.

I'm pretty sure they freely change the rates of drops and stats for artifacts at any given time. I doubt any of you have find good stats recently, regardless of the artifact dungeon. For instance I recently went to the burst dmg artifacts and waste all my resins and condensed resins and all(and I mean all) the artifacts were bad. Most of them are Def% and Healing bonus, also 4 stats absent.
Its so bad that I though I was on a bad luck streak, as my last 10 pull on Kazuha banner only have a solo 4 star item, a sacrificial sword. The rest was 3 star itens.

Last edited:

Pejo

I've got 20 characters ready to go and felt like taking a break in the artifact grind for the last week or so.

Fought the pimo geovishap till I have enough materials for all the characters that needed it's materials so it's now a dead boss to me.
I'm done with every boss except the stupid ruin serpent for Heizou. I'm not gonna level him for now though, too much other stuff to concentrate on than a 4* I probably won't use outside of pissing around. He joins the Benny/Xinqiu/Aloy/Gorou benchwarmer team for now.

I'm pretty sure they freely change the rates of drops and stats for artifacts at any given time. I doubt any of you have find good stats recently, regardless of the artifact dungeon. For instance I recently went to the burst dmg artifacts and waste all my resins and condensed resins and all(and I mean all) the artifacts were bad. Most of them are Def% and Healing bonus, also 4 stats absent.
Its so bad that I though I was on a bad luck streak, as my last 10 pull on Kazuha banner only have a solo 4 star item, a sacrificial sword. The rest was 3 star itens.
If that could ever be proven they'd be in hot water legally. Sadly it can't, and for what it's worth I don't think they manipulate drop rates. They just make them bad at the start.

Top Bottom