• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 5.0 (Natlan) - Everything Changed When the Fire Nation Arrived

Saber

I'm done with every boss except the stupid ruin serpent for Heizou. I'm not gonna level him for now though, too much other stuff to concentrate on than a 4* I probably won't use outside of pissing around. He joins the Benny/Xinqiu/Aloy/Gorou benchwarmer team for now.

If that could ever be proven they'd be in hot water legally. Sadly it can't, and for what it's worth I don't think they manipulate drop rates. They just make them bad at the start.

Yeah, unfortunatelly the only proof we have is the actual experience with the game(we are players since launch afterall). Once we notice the rates are actually favorable, we usually give it a go farming.
Still is pretty belieavable drops being manipulated, as it fits the nature of the game. They want people to spent more time on it, but once they discover people are giving up playing or feeling suspicious about drops they change again and the circles keeps running that way.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Fuz

Pejo

Another fan art that supposedly is "super close" to the actual design.

Say hello to your new Knight of Favonius:
w1druz9xzde91.jpg

Conan Obrien Ugh GIF by Team Coco

Pejo

The thing I don't get is who the hell likes these weak looking boy characters. From what I see on reddit and in talking to people in the game, the adult edgy males seem to be the ones that women/gay dudes like. Your Xiaos/Childes/Zhonglis/Dilucs. I dunno who the hell they're marketing all these fuckbois in shorts to.

Fake

Gold Member
Another fan art that supposedly is "super close" to the actual design.

Say hello to your new Knight of Favonius:
w1druz9xzde91.jpg

wtf

edit:

Reading some leaks and Nilou kit are the most bizzare I've ever heard. Is like Genshin Impact team is smoking weed.

Her elemental skill can't make some elemental reactions? This destroy the game purpose.

Last edited:

YukiOnna

Looks pretty good. I'm kinda burnt out on Genshin right now though, I don't think i'm even going to finish combing through the archipelago for missing chests. I'm in daily maintenance mode until Sumeru comes out.
The only thing on my mind right now is why his name was Yogurt...

Saber

It was really cool explaning creatures and characters...until I see the boar with a retexture lmao. They could take the oportunity to make an entire new animal.

So the people of Sumeru can not dream?
That draws an interesting parallel to Honkai.
In honkai there are these things called "divine keys", which are objects/weapons made from the "core" of a "Herrscher" (basically a demon/angel).
Su holds the second divine key called the cosmic juggernaut, and allows the user to look into and travel to other universes.
Su can also use it to create his "bubble universes" (a universe contained within the main universe), and one he's created is called "the seed of sumeru"; it's not very big as it is for his personal use, but more interestingly he can use the second divine key to also put other people in "a dream-like state" and create a near perfect copy/clone of whoever he put in that state to replace them.
This chapter of the manga shows it.

I wonder if something similar is happening in genshin sumeru with that "akasha" system the archon enabled.

Pejo

So the people of Sumeru can not dream?
That draws an interesting parallel to Honkai.
In honkai there are these things called "divine keys", which are objects/weapons made from the "core" of a "Herrscher" (basically a demon/angel).
Su holds the second divine key called the cosmic juggernaut, and allows the user to look into and travel to other universes.
Su can also use it to create his "bubble universes" (a universe contained within the main universe), and one he's created is called "the seed of sumeru"; it's not very big as it is for his personal use, but more interestingly he can use the second divine key to also put other people in "a dream-like state" and create a near perfect copy/clone of whoever he put in that state to replace them.
This chapter of the manga shows it.

I wonder if something similar is happening in genshin sumeru with that "akasha" system the archon enabled.
Well there were plenty of leaks early on that

Kusanali is just a fake archon. Wouldn't it be some shit if Al Haitham or whatever was really the archon from behind the scenes, doing Su-like things.

I wonder if they'd actually do that though, seems a bit 'on the nose' for everybody that is expecting Genshin to eventually link to Honkai somehow.

Also, dayum.....

4pg8y33rzee91.png

1oniho64whe91.gif

*edit2*

SEE R Reizo Ryuu I knew she'd be coming back in some form. PE/CE whatever.... let's fucking gooooo.

rql3xhesnhe91.jpg

*disclaimer - I am depressingly aware this is likely just revisiting her death in a CG scene, but let a man dream.

Last edited:
  • Thoughtful

Fuz

Banned
Porco-Dio-Bastardo.jpg

This shit is driving me crazy. I wish I could uBlock it.
Doesn't matter if I click all game/events every day, it keeps coming back daily.
Porco dio.

Kusanali is just a fake archon. Wouldn't it be some shit if Al Haitham or whatever was really the archon from behind the scenes, doing Su-like things.
I wonder if they'd actually do that though, seems a bit 'on the nose' for everybody that is expecting Genshin to eventually link to Honkai somehow.
What I think I've read somewhere is that she's 2 characters inside one. Yeah, just like Shogun.

Last edited:

Pejo

Porco-Dio-Bastardo.jpg

This shit is driving me crazy. I wish I could uBlock it.
Doesn't matter if I click all game/events every day, it keeps coming back daily.
Porco dio.

What I think I've read somewhere is that she's 2 characters inside one. Yeah, just like Shogun.
I read that

She is just a projection of the real archon. Like the real one is off being a hermit or sleeping or whatever, and the archon we interact with is fake. It also leads into the now-famous Genshin Slime Theory, in that the various elemental slimes mimic their archons. In this case, the Dendro slimes hide and then spawn fake "tiny" slimes that do not give drops, so they're entirely made up. It all ties together really nicely, so I believe it. What I don't know is if the archon is an adult woman, or maybe Al Haitham playin the long game. I don't think they'd do the '2 in 1 body' thing again so soon.

Fake

Gold Member
The problem is almost end up being the same context as the Shogun not being a Shogun at all

Last edited:

Pejo

The problem is almost end up being the same context as the Shogun not being a Shogun at all
It's entirely possible that Kusanali is the real archon, just the body we're interacting with is not real. I'm guessing it ties in to those little ear things that her people wear. Maybe she has the whole nation asleep locked underground in a mushroom version of the Matrix, and the people we're interacting with are all projections of her power. Real people, who are asleep and locked away somewhere, and living their lives out without realizing that they're asleep.

• Thoughtful

Pejo

Hope it's a bigger change to the standard banner other than just adding Tiggyboi. Introducing a "targeting" system similar to the weapon banner would be nice for those people that want one of the starter 5*s. I'd imagine if they're going to add Tiggy there, they'll probably also add a 5* Geo character, maybe Albedo? It'd be nice if they added some more 5* weapons to the mix too.

Honkai has a similar system, with a permenant banner that has older/lesser characters and gear, which they occasionally add to. I could see it happening. Not sure that they'd add Dendro so soon though. Guess we'll see.

A change to the banner may happen. The 2nd anniversary could be a good time for it. I doubt they'd add such new characters though.

I also believe this will end up being a bad thing for us, the players. They're not gonna add staff of homa. It's gonna be bad weapons and old characters you don't want.

Last edited:

Saber

It's entirely possible that Kusanali is the real archon, just the body we're interacting with is not real. I'm guessing it ties in to those little ear things that her people wear. Maybe she has the whole nation asleep locked underground in a mushroom version of the Matrix, and the people we're interacting with are all projections of her power. Real people, who are asleep and locked away somewhere, and living their lives out without realizing that they're asleep.

Would be really interesting if true. I had enough of this Shogun convolunted bullshit plot.

It would def be a bit on the nose, but who knows with mihoyo, I wouldn't mind seeing some more honkai connections popping up for real.
Also, dayum.....

4pg8y33rzee91.png

1oniho64whe91.gif
That looks cool, I'm more interesting in that environment though, looks like will of honkai stuff.
*edit2*

SEE R Reizo Ryuu I knew she'd be coming back in some form. PE/CE whatever.... let's fucking gooooo.

rql3xhesnhe91.jpg

*disclaimer - I am depressingly aware this is likely just revisiting her death in a CG scene, but let a man dream.
Lol, yeah it's probably just a CG, some alternate version would be cool, but it would kinda diminish her.

Had to crack open the wallet for this one...
Seven thunders is sick though, her entire rotation becomes so much smoother, and I got it early enough that I could spend the leftover on the costume, had a bit of luck with that too.
tOSPOaH.jpg

She's beastly in ER though, I wish the ego signet buffs would just become standard, she went from my mid-scorer to my top scorer, and I don't think I've ever had such an "easy" time at abstinence..

nPhtE2R.jpg

Holy shit, they're fixing the issues of getting stuck on random geometry for sprint/dash characters like Ayaka/Mona/Sayu/Yelan in 3.0

Yelan best traversal confirmed

Last edited:

Pejo

That looks cool, I'm more interesting in that environment though, looks like will of honkai stuff.
I think it might be a "reality marble" for lack of a better term, a zone that gets created when she enters Herrscher mode. Her full name is Herrscher of Human Ego, so I'm not sure the WoH would be related.
Lol, yeah it's probably just a CG, some alternate version would be cool, but it would kinda diminish her.
Just let me have my Himeko already.
Had to crack open the wallet for this one...
Seven thunders is sick though, her entire rotation becomes so much smoother, and I got it early enough that I could spend the leftover on the costume, had a bit of luck with that too.
tOSPOaH.jpg

She's beastly in ER though, I wish the ego signet buffs would just become standard, she went from my mid-scorer to my top scorer, and I don't think I've ever had such an "easy" time at abstinence..

nPhtE2R.jpg
Damn, very nice. The only valks I can hit that level with are Mobius, Aponia, and Griseo somehow. I got 7 Thunders too, from a Da Wei Black Card that's been sitting around forever. Haven't played around with her much though.
Yelan best traversal confirmed
Yep. Her + Kaz are going to be mainstays on my Sumeru exploration team. Not sure who the other two will be. Maybe Yoimiya (to keep myself from exploding myself with Burgeon procs) and Collei, since you will undoubtedly need to have a Dendro in the party for puzzles/enviromental stuff. Maybe Keqing instead of Yoi, depending on how good the electro + dendro buffs are.

Pejo

Good news (maybe) for Dehya fans, looks like she's always been 5*?
is6uouojtfe91.png

Interesting bit about Nilou too. First the original tweet:
833tqz20fhe91.png

Then this bit was added:
pekxiqyvehe91.png

Pejo

Tbh I'm more interested in her kit. Her star rating is not important to me.
Oh yea, I don't mean to get hung up on stars as if they're a predictor of character quality, I just know that every 4* released in 2.0 - 2.8 has been either ultra specific use or bad. A 5* generally means that they'll either be strong or useful in more than 1 specific team composition (Shenhe not withstanding). I think we can agree that we don't need any more Xinyans and Thomas.

Fake

Gold Member
Just got a new Mondstadt commission involving wood logs and Mona. When was this added?

Was the new wave of comissions. There was already a new one about Mona rent.

BUUUUUUUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT, again, RNG you'll hard notice.

Fake

Gold Member
Don't forget to use uBlock on youtube. Even dennying cookies, that sob still was recommending Elden Ring spoilers.

Returned to this after a long break as I was busy with Elden Ring and other games. Saw a new archipelago event is going on and after playing through the theater quests, theater puzzles and all other boring musical notes, constellation puzzles and stuff I have only one thing to say to the developers and I will let Mona say it for me.

Will take a look at Chasm now. Hopefully it is better. I missed Ayato and Yelan. Are they any good?

deanote666

Returned to this after a long break as I was busy with Elden Ring and other games. Saw a new archipelago event is going on and after playing through the theater quests, theater puzzles and all other boring musical notes, constellation puzzles and stuff I have only one thing to say to the developers and I will let Mona say it for me.

Will take a look at Chasm now. Hopefully it is better. I missed Ayato and Yelan. Are they any good?

I skipped Ayato but Yelan is pretty good.

Some main story line stuff in the Chasm. New gadget you can only use in the chasm. Couple of new kinds of puzzles. Mushroom meat.

crumbs

I also didn't love this year's GAA event. I felt a bit overstuffed with mechanics that overstayed their welcome.

I did enjoy the Chasm, particularly the underground areas. The initial surface region is pretty "meh", so stick with it until at least reaching the underground caves.

Ayato seemed pretty boring, so that was an easy skip. Yelan has been fun to play and is easy to fit into a lot of teams.

Saber

You didn't lose anything. Chasm is not the least interesting in terms of exploration, at least not for me. But frankly, what they did to archipelago is very depressing. And thats come from someone who enjoyed alot the first archipelago, it was kinda of a chill place. Now it's just an excuse to yet put a bunch of convoluted stories all together...and a bunch of brain frying puzzles. Whatever happened to the relaxating resort idea.
Yelan in terms of gameplay is pretty good. Her enhanced charge attack(great for killing animals and the stupid Timmy pigieons), elemental skill are pretty usefull and fun as well. While her burst its super awesome and acts like a great support move.
As for Ayato well...you didn't lost anything on him. Ultra boring.

Last edited:

Pejo

As others have said, Chasm (underground) is good, Yelan is great, combined with Kazuha they make traversal and exploration a breeze, and they're both strong. Ayato is currently my most hated character.

Were you still playing when Enkanomiya was released? If not, that's one of my favorite areas in the game, only hampered by an awful loading screen every time you swap day/night cycles.

As others have said, Chasm (underground) is good, Yelan is great, combined with Kazuha they make traversal and exploration a breeze, and they're both strong. Ayato is currently my most hated character.

Were you still playing when Enkanomiya was released? If not, that's one of my favorite areas in the game, only hampered by an awful loading screen every time you swap day/night cycles.

Yeah I took a break right after completing Enkanomiya. Will start Chasm tomorrow. I have some new story and character quests pending as well.

Top Bottom