• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 5.0 (Natlan) - Everything Changed When the Fire Nation Arrived

Fuz

Banned
Anybody figure out how to light these torches in this room under the tiny island? (Mona's island has a teleporter to get here, it's past the room with all the "turn back the time" jars. Shooting them with fire does nothing, no elements seem to have any effect. One was already lit when I got here.

iz9xcTh.jpg
iz9xcTh.jpg

*edit*

Never mind, it was related to a quest that you get after finishing the main story quest.
Haven't found that yet, where does the quest starts?

Crimsondusk

In0Upz9.jpg

Seems like there's growing news/rumors Dehya's rarity might get changed the 5 star. If so I guess I got something to save for now. If not it's back to fuz's save your primo plan.

• Surprised
Reactions: Fuz

Pejo

Haven't found that yet, where does the quest starts?
On the "upside down" version of Mona's island, about halfway up the largest column on the main island. You have to finish the "repair the machine" main quest first I think. I didn't see it until I had.

Pejo

Damn, the desert area in Sumeru is going to be absolutely massive. Almost as big as Mondstadt + Liyue combined in total landmass.

inll4zajdoc91.jpg

Fuz

Banned
Pretty sure it's a placeholder and it will be filled up with stuff. It will look very different at release.

Am I stating the obvious?

Pejo

Pretty sure it's a placeholder and it will be filled up with stuff. It will look very different at release.

Am I stating the obvious?
This is just a speculative drawing based on "out of bounds" coordinates found in the leaked data. It's just to show the size, not the features/contents.

• Thoughtful

crumbs

AR60 and just getting these...
I think that "pirates" achievement was bugged for a long time before they fixed it. It wouldn't advance to the third part/commission until they fixed it, so that could explain why you didn't get the achievement until recently.

Pejo

Well, just finished up the Mona domain, got the final Conch and all chests across all domains.

Mona's puzzles were like 10x harder than the rest. Most of the time it was figuring out which orientation the room was in compared to the pattern you were supposed to make. Anyways, that was a legitimate challenge for once, which means we're gonna see a lot of complaints on the survey I think.

Anyways, at this point, I finished everybody's themed domains with all chests, got all conches, and cleared all but Fischl and Mona's islands. I have a few side quests (that I know of) to finish. Otherwise, I can say that this was a very high quality event by MHY's standards. Lots of content, not a ton of repeating stuff regarding puzzles and chest stuff, which keeps you thinking on your feet. Also there have been a surprising number of secrets and stuff added that they didn't have to add, which I appreciate. The main story/Fatui subplot was boring, but the character moments are nice. Also, nice preview of a future character.

Also, it took me until the end of his quest to realize it, but Miitoboru is basically a play on Japanese/english word 'meatball'.

Pejo

Count me in!
Sad Its Over GIF by Star Wars

You mean the voice? Isn't that Kusanali? I kinda thought she was out of place and very random.
Yea, that's who I meant.

Did you complete the Fatui sidequest? It explains it a bit more - Basically Kusanali's power is to enter the dreams/minds of humans in Teyvat and influence them to a certain degree. That scientist guy from the Fatui built the machine to try to mimic/utilize the same power, but he fucked it up and it just caused everyone to hallucinate or go mad. Kusanali could sense the disturbance since the power was similar to her own, so she was checking in on what was going on in the area. When she "saw" or sensed the traveler, they had a unique aura or whatever, which made her even more curious, which is why she spoke to us. Most likely she set up some sort of barrier around the archipelago too until she figured out if it was dangerous, which is why Mona's scrying didn't work for most of the event until the machine was repaired and Kusanali deemed it not a threat anymore.

• Thoughtful

Fake

Gold Member
Mona domain was terrible IMO. Almost feel in sleep doing. Those first one are OK.

Was testing the Traveler with the new sword, but IDK why people got so many anemos in the matchmaking.

Pejo

Was testing the Traveler with the new sword, but IDK why people got so many anemos in the matchmaking.
It's funny you mention that. I did multiplayer for the event battle domains just for a change of pace, and Anemo seemed way overused. Lots of Venti, lots of Heizou, lots of Kaz. I don't mind necessarily because it was so piss easy anyways, but it is curious.

I used Shogun/Eula/Childe depending on the enemy makeup, and there wasn't a single time that I didn't win the 'most damage' award. It makes me realize that probably a majority of the playerbase just play to have fun and use who they like. Kinda refreshing tbh.

Fake

Gold Member
It's funny you mention that. I did multiplayer for the event battle domains just for a change of pace, and Anemo seemed way overused. Lots of Venti, lots of Heizou, lots of Kaz. I don't mind necessarily because it was so piss easy anyways, but it is curious.

I used Shogun/Eula/Childe depending on the enemy makeup, and there wasn't a single time that I didn't win the 'most damage' award. It makes me realize that probably a majority of the playerbase just play to have fun and use who they like. Kinda refreshing tbh.

3 Ventis at row. 2 Kazuha too.

Venti is very powerful, so maybe people are speedrunning their frustation over the match.

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
Sad Its Over GIF by Star Wars

Yea, that's who I meant.

Did you complete the Fatui sidequest? It explains it a bit more - Basically Kusanali's power is to enter the dreams/minds of humans in Teyvat and influence them to a certain degree. That scientist guy from the Fatui built the machine to try to mimic/utilize the same power, but he fucked it up and it just caused everyone to hallucinate or go mad. Kusanali could sense the disturbance since the power was similar to her own, so she was checking in on what was going on in the area. When she "saw" or sensed the traveler, they had a unique aura or whatever, which made her even more curious, which is why she spoke to us. Most likely she set up some sort of barrier around the archipelago too until she figured out if it was dangerous, which is why Mona's scrying didn't work for most of the event until the machine was repaired and Kusanali deemed it not a threat anymore.
Done that quest and I have no idea where you fished all those informations.

Anyway, I have many excess coalescent stars, any idea what to do with those (no profanity plz)?
Also, any way to check the number of chests found in the archipelago?

Last edited:

Pejo

Done that quest and I have no idea where you fished all those informations.
Main quest, Fatui quest, conch storylines, event item flavor text. It was a combination of all of it.
Anyway, I have many excess coalescent stars, any idea what to do with those (no profanity plz)?
Also, any way to check the number of chests found in the archipelago?
Some of them go into the mural at the very top of the large tower where Mona's standing for a nice little surprise and bonus. After that, I haven't found anything. Maybe they just included a lot of extras to give people some slack since it's limited time.

Pejo

By the way, any idea how to solve this?

8a097d017ef95ea85e4a75dbacd8ed19_5164390024078145395.png
I didn't know there was something to solve. If you have last year's ball thing, you can shoot it through the hoop and it turns to fire like the puzzles from the first GAA. I thought it was just a wink and a nod to people that played last year.

So Lisa looks like she might be getting a new lease on life with Dendro.

crumbs

Started the Ravens' Dragon play quest last night. The prologue takes forever, then when it ends the lead raven tells you there are 4 more acts:

Elaine Benes Fainting GIF by HULU

Please tell me that the other 4 acts are shorter. Watching statues slide around is so stupid, why was this included? There's filler, and then there's filler that is designed to piss you off.

Pejo

Started the Ravens' Dragon play quest last night. The prologue takes forever, then when it ends the lead raven tells you there are 4 more acts:

Elaine Benes Fainting GIF by HULU

Please tell me that the other 4 acts are shorter. Watching statues slide around is so stupid, why was this included? There's filler, and then there's filler that is designed to piss you off.
Yea they're just awful, and all a similar length. Enjoy!

Looks like Scaramouche vision is Anemo, not delusion
Yea, apparently he also can't hold the Gnosis he stole, which really pisses him off given his heritage. He has some anti-Electro problems.

So I've been watching a lot of leaks videos about Dendro gameplay and reactions and stuff, and the only thing I can say definitively is:

Leakers fucking SUCK at playing the game.

It's so god damn frustrating watching them. They don't test anything out that we actually want to see. They always use hilichurls as the examples which die in the real game in like .05 seconds. They either use inflated HP amounts or reduced character strength. They don't know how to team build, they don't know rotations.

I get that they're probably just showcasing stuff that others suggest, and they might not even play the game and just enjoy acquiring/displaying stuff for clout, but holy shit. I finally see why MHY hates these guys so much, it's like having a crackhead advertise health insurance.

Fake

Gold Member
Is actually joy watch leaks barelly playing this game.

Can't wait to give anemo a try. I can make a good use.

crumbs

Nice Yelan cosplay 👀

"Time to pull the trigger"

Sometimes cosplayers and their make-up techniques end up making their faces look unnatural in a way that's kinda creepy. Like weird combo of a normal human face and an anime character face. That said, I can still appreciate her other assets, like her dedication to sewing skills :messenger_grinning_smiling:

Sometimes cosplayers and their make-up techniques end up making their faces look unnatural in a way that's kinda creepy. Like weird combo of a normal human face and an anime character face. That said, I can still appreciate her other assets, like her dedication to sewing skills :messenger_grinning_smiling:
It looks weird because human skin doesn't look like that, it's like those weird movie/tv posters where they airbrush the shit out of the characters; would honestly look better without all the makeup/filters/photoshop, might as well add a cell shading pass to make it look 2D.

Fuz

Banned
It's so god damn frustrating watching them. They don't test anything out that we actually want to see. They always use hilichurls as the examples which die in the real game in like .05 seconds. They either use inflated HP amounts or reduced character strength.
Man, I was starting to think I was an idiot, since I never saw anyone else complaining about this.

Oh wow, there are colored numbers. That don't tell us anything. Cool.

Pejo

It looks weird because human skin doesn't look like that, it's like those weird movie/tv posters where they airbrush the shit out of the characters; would honestly look better without all the makeup/filters/photoshop, might as well add a cell shading pass to make it look 2D.
Yea, it does enter uncanny valley a bit, but I will take that look anyday over stuff like this:

maxresdefault.jpg

Fuz

Banned

They have more paint on their face than a drywall.
I hate that.

Yea, it does enter uncanny valley a bit, but I will take that look anyday over stuff like this:
I dunno about that, I mean danielle pineda is attractive, and if someone wanted to cosplay as 'faye', I wouldn't say they look like shit if they looked like the one on the left; it just isn't entirely accurate to the source.
At least you can still see danielle's pores...
bebop2021-daniella-pineda-lighting2-01095r3-1637273796.jpg

Pejo

I dunno about that, I mean danielle pineda is attractive, and if someone wanted to cosplay as 'faye', I wouldn't say they look like shit if they looked like the one on the left; it just isn't entirely accurate to the source.
At least you can still see danielle's pores...
bebop2021-daniella-pineda-lighting2-01095r3-1637273796.jpg
Agree to disagree I guess. This looks more like an angry CalArts student than Faye Valentine. It's not just about the hair/makeup, but she doesn't exude any of the body language or attitude that anime Faye had.

Agree to disagree I guess. This looks more like an angry CalArts student than Faye Valentine. It's not just about the hair/makeup, but she doesn't exude any of the body language or attitude that anime Faye had.
So if the above was your friend, and she says she's doing halloween as faye looking like that, you'd just tell her she looks like shit?

Also in regards to body/language attitude, are you referring to the actual character in the show, or just her look in still images? You might be discussing something I'm not in that case. Because that Yelan cosplayer is just doing the same 'sexy-cosplayer-face-pose-101', she does in all her other pictures; doesn't really "scream" Yelan to me either in that aspect, but nice tits I guess.

crumbs

So if the above was your friend, and she says she's doing halloween as faye looking like that, you'd just tell her she looks like shit?
I generally agree with your take here, but that's kinda an unfair question. Netflix Faye isn't someone's homemade cosplay, it's from a professional Hollywood production with a budget that you'd expect to result in better quality and design for their costumes. I understand that Faye's design would be difficult to replicate IRL, but the Netflix design doesn't really capture anything from the character.

This is why Netflix Faye fails since she's not easily identifiable as the character in question (If you went back in time before the Netflix reveal and showed these Faye pics to anime fans, how many would think that was Faye?). Erotic cosplay Yelan, even with her copious amounts of makeup, nose job, digital editing, and giant tits, is as least easily recognizable as Yelan.

I generally agree with your take here, but that's kinda an unfair question. Netflix Faye isn't someone's homemade cosplay, it's from a professional Hollywood production with a budget that you'd expect to result in better quality and design for their costumes.
Yes, I didn't mention it, but that's also why I thought the comparison itself was unfair, it's not like danielle pineda had any say in what she was going to look like.
Personally it looks like faye inspired to me, there really aren't that many anime characters that have short purple hair + yellow shirt + red jacket; but perhaps I'm more used to comic fandom, where inspired cosplay is more accepted.

Pejo

Anybody got any ideas how to open this chest? A squirrel, pig, and a crane all spawn split exactly evenly around the chest, so I assume you have to kill them all to get it to open, but I'll be damned, even using *spits* Aloy for her passive "don't scare the animals" trait, I can't kill all 3 at once before they run away/disappear.

Mzivykv.jpg

Fuz

Banned
Anybody got any ideas how to open this chest? A squirrel, pig, and a crane all spawn split exactly evenly around the chest, so I assume you have to kill them all to get it to open, but I'll be damned, even using *spits* Aloy for her passive "don't scare the animals" trait, I can't kill all 3 at once before they run away/disappear.

Mzivykv.jpg
Hit the cryo totem, then corral the 3 deam animals around it.

crumbs

Mzivykv.jpg
Can you use a Ganyu fully charged shot from a distance? Full disclosure: I haven't found or cleared that chest, so I cannot confirm if killing the animals is the solution.

Another possible solution: are there electro versions of those animals on the island? Maybe finding and following them would work?

Top Bottom