• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 5.0 (Natlan) - Everything Changed When the Fire Nation Arrived

Pejo

Yeah I took a break right after completing Enkanomiya. Will start Chasm tomorrow. I have some new story and character quests pending as well.
Well for Yelan and Ayato's quests, hope you got some

cocaine GIF

Wordy and boring as fuck. (imo)

Pejo

Looks like MHY is fuckin' around with banners in 3.0. There's going to be 3 "rotations" of banners this time, shortened down to 2 weeks a piece. Dori is going on a separate banner than Collei and Tiggyboi.

uk9rqj85d3f91.png

Saber

Looks like MHY is fuckin' around with banners in 3.0. There's going to be 3 "rotations" of banners this time, shortened down to 2 weeks a piece. Dori is going on a separate banner than Collei and Tiggyboi.

uk9rqj85d3f91.png

But isn't she a 4 star character?
Does that means she gonna be on Zhongli rerun or something? Man, Mhy is totally dropping the balls with those ideas.

Fuz

Banned

uk9rqj85d3f91.png
So, Collei isn't free?

Pejo

So, the first banner will have only two Sumeru chars?

Crazy. They're not even 5 stars.
Yea, first banner is Tiggy as 5*, Collei + 2 old 4*s

Second banner will either be Ganyu or Zhongli + Dori + 2 old 4*s

Third banner (presumably) will be Ganyu or Zhongli, whoever didn't rerun on the 2nd banner, plus 3 old 4*s. Also the 3rd banner is rumored to be shortened, as well as the Battle Pass and the patch in general.

But isn't she a 4 star character?
Does that means she gonna be on Zhongli rerun or something? Man, Mhy is totally dropping the balls with those ideas.
Yea Dori is 4*, so she'll either be on Zhongli or Ganyu's banner.

So, Collei isn't free?
No confirmation on it yet. We should know after the upcoming special program in a few weeks I guess.

Fake

Gold Member
Yea, first banner is Tiggy as 5*, Collei + 2 old 4*s

Second banner will either be Ganyu or Zhongli + Dori + 2 old 4*s

Third banner (presumably) will be Ganyu or Zhongli, whoever didn't rerun on the 2nd banner, plus 3 old 4*s. Also the 3rd banner is rumored to be shortened, as well as the Battle Pass and the patch in general.

Thats some crazy shit. I was guessing Ganyu and Zhongli duo banners just like Kazuha and Klee.

This is telling me that BETA give no purpose at all. Nilou is not ready to ship. Asking a huge amount of time. I was reading some leaks saying that MYH is giving email to the beta for 3.1 already, but now with this I wonder what in hell 3.1 have to offer.

Pejo

Thats some crazy shit. I was guessing Ganyu and Zhongli duo banners just like Kazuha and Klee.

This is telling me that BETA give no purpose at all. Nilou is not ready to ship. Asking a huge amount of time. I was reading some leaks saying that MYH is giving email to the beta for 3.1 already, but now with this I wonder what in hell 3.1 have to offer.
I have to wonder if they're not trying to adjust for the COVID delay for some reason, maybe the anniversary (ha!)?

I hope this 2 week banner thing isn't the standard going forward. The longer a banner is, the more of a chance you have to get the featured 5*. For Tiggy I couldn't give a fuck, but when there are some 5*s that I actually want, I don't want to be FOMO'd into 2 weeks to roll for them, especially with how erratic and stupid their rerun schedule is.

Fake

Gold Member
I have to wonder if they're not trying to adjust for the COVID delay for some reason, maybe the anniversary (ha!)?

I hope this 2 week banner thing isn't the standard going forward. The longer a banner is, the more of a chance you have to get the featured 5*. For Tiggy I couldn't give a fuck, but when there are some 5*s that I actually want, I don't want to be FOMO'd into 2 weeks to roll for them, especially with how erratic and stupid their rerun schedule is.

The amount of primo I gonna save is huge. No joke. My brother will get Collei, but for is possible the Nilou and the Dendro silverhair dude, but he is no where to be see.

The only thing is getting me curious is the Scaramouche reboot. Anemo 'Avatar', looks quite destroctive. Still dreaming on Signora Cryo catalyst, but even MYH think is a bad ideia due to the nature of the combination.

Fake

Gold Member
But the leak said this was "possibility 1." What's the other possibilities?

The other was already discussed. First banner the 5* furrie, Collei and more 2.
Next banner would be two rerun at the same time, like we have with Klee/Kazuha.
3.1 would be Nilou, the 5* gysp, next people are guessing maybe Scaramouche or the Spear/hydro.
The other possibilities are about in what banner the 4* would be place.
I was expecting Collei and the genie in the same banner as a welcome to Sumeru, but as usual MYH gonna make everything possible to tone down your progression in Sumero, even separate 4* characters from banner to another.

Last edited:
The other was already discussed. First banner the 5* furrie, Collei and more 2.
Ah okay, I thought this was something new.

I don't know what the point is in having 3 banners that last two weeks each. It ultimately makes no difference in how many characters are available during the patch. Sounds dumb, so that makes it pretty likely to happen.

I'm also confused by Tighnari getting added to the standard 5 star roster. I thought that maybe they wanted all the elements to be represented, but Geo's also missing. Maybe they'll add Albedo as well? Anyway, no one in their right mind would pull for a character that's added to the standard line-up literally the next patch, right?

Fake

Gold Member
Ah okay, I thought this was something new.

I don't know what the point is in having 3 banners that last two weeks each. It ultimately makes no difference in how many characters are available during the patch. Sounds dumb, so that makes it pretty likely to happen.

I'm also confused by Tighnari getting added to the standard 5 star roster. I thought that maybe they wanted all the elements to be represented, but Geo's also missing. Maybe they'll add Albedo as well? Anyway, no one in their right mind would pull for a character that's added to the standard line-up literally the next patch, right?

IMO they are pushing WAY WAY hard to difficult your progress in Sumeru, even thinking of separate 4* sumeru characters into different banner, just for the players feel like every banner will get a fresh 2 new char instead of 4 in the same banner.

Can't say I understand what MYH is doing, but probably following the money. Reading GI reddit is not hard to presume people will let this pass.

Saber

Not looking good for us, Dehya bretheren. CN is thoroughly underwhelmed by her so far.

97yi0q7s37f91.jpg

Does that means they already know her moves?
Still sad though, but its not like I didn't get Xynian even though I'm part of 6 people in the planet playing with her.

Pejo

Apparently for this Diluc battle event, they spread out some lore in the form of Letters from Diluc, around Mondstadt and the winery. They'll probably be gone after the event ends, so if you don't want to search them out, here they are:

Fuz

Banned
Apparently for this Diluc battle event, they spread out some lore in the form of Letters from Diluc, around Mondstadt and the winery. They'll probably be gone after the event ends, so if you don't want to search them out, here they are:

Any achievement for that or can we just ignore it?

Pejo

Any achievement for that or can we just ignore it?
It's just flavor text. Most people probably won't even see them. None of it's particularly interesting anyways besides the fact that Diluc knows that Kaeya's eyepatched eye actually works.

Alright GenshinGAF, who's joining the Yoimiya nation today with me???

ZnFLQno.png

Got my Yoimiya today. Genshin's been pretty generous and once again let me win the 50/50. That's 4(!) times in a row. I assume that streak will end here. I threw in 30 extra wishes to get Yun Jin to C6 and that's exactly what happened, so I couldn't be happier. Despite farming a lot, I don't have great artifacts for her so I'm running 2pc Shimenawa and 2pc Crimson Witch.

Saber

Happy for you guys. Like my brother, I decide to stop pulling until the new character I want appears. And since theres nothing about her, theres gonna be a looooong time for me to get more primos. Until there, my wishes are reserved.

Pejo

Well, tried my luck on Yoi's rerun, trying for a constellation, ended up getting C6 Jean instead.

Still have a few thousand Primos sitting pretty, undecided on where to go from here. I will probably hold on to them until we find out if free Collei is real or not. If we don't get her for free, I'll probably wait and roll on Tiggy's banner for Collei. If we do get her, then I'll probably get my Yoi constellation.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Finally managed to finish the dungeons for all 4 characters in summer events. Narrative wise, besides Kazuha they were all plain boring, specially the ones for Mona and Fishcl.

Who in God's name thought the bird statues would be an interesting mechanic?

Season 9 No GIF by The Office

Last edited:

Pejo

Finally managed to finish the dungeons for all 4 characters in summer events. Narrative wise, besides Kazuha they were all plain boring, specially the ones fot Mona and Fishcl.

Who in God's name thought the bird statues would be a interesting mechanic?

Season 9 No GIF by The Office
They actually wasted voice acting money on those raven quests. The whole reason the COVID patch was delayed. Let that sink in.

Unpopular opinion: I thought the domains for this event were pretty okay. Kazuha's was annoying because of the upside down stuff, and we've seen those bouncing turrets before. The story was repetitive and his character was already recently covered in another event. His was definitely the weakest. Xinyan's was kinda unnecessary and short, but that's a good thing in this case. Fischl's and Mona's were pretty good IMO. They had puzzles with new mechanics which didn't overstay their welcome. We learn more of their background and there was even some growth with Fischl. That's just about all I can ask for.

I haven't done much of the islands yet. I'm gonna explore those slowly with Yoimiya which should add some novelty to it. So far I would say this event was a success though. Can't think of any recent event that was better than this one. The one where they were stuck in a cave lacked any urgency and there was hardly any gameplay in it aside from walking through caves. It also focused on a dude who's already dead and we'll never be able to interact with anyway. Who gives an F? Inazuma's festival was mostly just filler with some mini-games. I'd take this event over either of those any day.

Pejo

Unpopular opinion: I thought the domains for this event were pretty okay. Kazuha's was annoying because of the upside down stuff, and we've seen those bouncing turrets before. The story was repetitive and his character was already recently covered in another event. His was definitely the weakest. Xinyan's was kinda unnecessary and short, but that's a good thing in this case. Fischl's and Mona's were pretty good IMO. They had puzzles with new mechanics which didn't overstay their welcome. We learn more of their background and there was even some growth with Fischl. That's just about all I can ask for.

I haven't done much of the islands yet. I'm gonna explore those slowly with Yoimiya which should add some novelty to it. So far I would say this event was a success though. Can't think of any recent event that was better than this one. The one where they were stuck in a cave lacked any urgency and there was hardly any gameplay in it aside from walking through caves. It also focused on a dude who's already dead and we'll never be able to interact with anyway. Who gives an F? Inazuma's festival was mostly just filler with some mini-games. I'd take this event over either of those any day.
It's definitely the highest quality event in a while, but I think it still falls short of the first run of the archipelago. I liked all 4 of the domains themselves, but the "configurable" islands was needless busywork. It'd have been better if they included a treasure compass like the limited time Enkanomiya had. I did a full once-through with all 4 islands in all various configurations, but I still feel like I'm missing stuff. I lack the drive to actually go back through them all for a few chests though.

Character wise, I thought Fischl and Mona were good choices, but the other two could have been better. As you said, they kinda gave us too much of Kazuha already, compared to lesser used characters that we still haven't seen a story for. I like Xinyan but her inclusion on this event was kinda a head scratcher, considering she was featured in the Shiki Taishou quest not that long ago and is one of the least popular characters in the whole game. I hope Lisa gets some screen time in Sumeru, considering that she used to be a scholar there. She's been really under-used in any kind of story.

Here's an updated fanart of "Candace", new Sumeru shielder character. This one is 9/10 as far as being close to her actual in-game design, according to leakers:
cqnh2u2l8cf91.jpg

*edit*

I guess her splash art is making the rounds, we should probably see the official one in a few days, but here's an artist rendition of the actual splash art:

isf5p0sgjgf91.jpg

Looks like Hydro spear is finally on the menu. Now all we're missing is Hydro Claymore and the almighty Cryo Catalyst.

Last edited:

BJK

Got Yoimiya yesterday, although it took a full run-up to pity. Still have about 4 pulls left in primogems & currency, plus what I can excavate out of character hangouts. Will have to put in some serious hangout grind time - or get good luck - to get either Zhongli (to C2) or the Dendro archon….but I didn’t want to pass on her a second time.

Already leveled her talents to 9/4/6. I don’t think any of the other characters I’ve worked up even uses those materials. Level 80 with R5 Rust, but artifacts are semi-trash, since the Crimson Witch domain RNG hates me.

Pejo

So it looks like the game client is going to be well over 50GB for 3.0. Hope you guys have plenty of room.

deanote666 deanote666 how's your phone holding up?

*edit*

Also it's apparently likely that patch 3.0 will be shortened by 1 week. I don't really get it myself, but people seem very confident about it:

6wtqs46g3hf91.jpg

Last edited:

deanote666

So it looks like the game client is going to be well over 50GB for 3.0. Hope you guys have plenty of room.

deanote666 deanote666 how's your phone holding up?

*edit*

Also it's apparently likely that patch 3.0 will be shortened by 1 week. I don't really get it myself, but people seem very confident about it:

6wtqs46g3hf91.jpg
Still at 16.07gb on android. Don't think they'll 4x the size just for Sumeru unless they plan on cutting mobile support all together.

Last edited:

Fake

Gold Member
IMO some changes into the character design after China censor plus the amount of storage the new episode gonna get will make GI players run always.
I can see lost between, IDK, 20~30% maybe? Is like CoD MW Battle Royal when the game became so big (>500GB) that people start to play others game.

So, GI on my PS4 have 50GB.

Last edited:

deanote666

I grew up playing Atari 2600 and Super Nintendo so pretty graphics are cool and all they aren't a deal breaker for me if they're there or not.

I'd happily trade the photo realistic graphics of AAA games today for games that are fun to play and have a good story. I remember Square Enix saying Final Fantasy XIII didn't have towns because they were too hard to do at that level of graphics. FF XV was pretty but the world was as empty as the story.

Genshin looks great and doesn't have photo realistic graphics, which keeps the size down.

Pejo

I grew up playing Atari 2600 and Super Nintendo so pretty graphics are cool and all they aren't a deal breaker for me if they're there or not.

I'd happily trade the photo realistic graphics of AAA games today for games that are fun to play and have a good story. I remember Square Enix saying Final Fantasy XIII didn't have towns because they were too hard to do at that level of graphics. FF XV was pretty but the world was as empty as the story.

Genshin looks great and doesn't have photo realistic graphics, which keeps the size down.
Agreed art style > graphical prowess any day. That's also why I think 16 bit systems have aged the best out of all generations of gaming. I still think A Link to the Past looks fantastic and plays well. Too bad we got flooded with fake 16 bit indie stuff, which has made everybody kinda tired of it, though.

Fake

Gold Member
The size have nothing to do with graphics (Genshin Impact is an art direction game), but this is the nature of the GAAS.

If you base in the Genshin Impact lore, every element have their country. So, still missing Hydro, Pyro, Cryo and now Dendro, not to mention a feel extra size due to temporary events.

Saber

Still at 16.07gb on android. Don't think they'll 4x the size just for Sumeru unless they plan on cutting mobile support all together.

The less concerning part is that I think Sumeru won't be released 100%(similar approach as Inazuma).
Still, lot of people are guessing the sizes won't be favorable, so brace yourself for the worst.

Last edited:

Pejo

I wonder how they're going to get file size under control long term. Hope they don't pull a Destiny 2 and start cutting old content out of the game.

*edit*

So apparently some guys that hacked the game in July 2021 and got caught just got their sentences (in CN)

leader gets 4 years jail, fined 50k

main accomplice gets 3 years 10 months jail, fined 50k

smaller accomplice get 1 year 6 months jail, fined 10k

This was for hacking invulnerability into the game, giving themselves whatever characters/items they wanted etc. Apparently the thing that really triggered MHY was that they sold the hacks afterwards for upwards of 2 million Yuan, however much that is.

Still, 4 years in jail and 50k for hacking a game....bruh....

Last edited:
I wonder how they're going to get file size under control long term. Hope they don't pull a Destiny 2 and start cutting old content out of the game.
There's a lot of content we can't exactly access anymore anyway. They could delete data from completed quests dynamically as you progress through the game. I doubt they have the tech for that though.

Saber

Guessing they won't. Eventually they gonna simple ignore demands and older playerbase in exchange for a new playerbase.
Either that or they gonna create a separate game, where a player can migrate their character and start on a new set of areas, abandoning the old areas.

Last edited:

Pejo

There's a lot of content we can't exactly access anymore anyway. They could delete data from completed quests dynamically as you progress through the game. I doubt they have the tech for that though.
Well the big offenders as far as file size seem to be game textures and audio files. The EN voice pack (not all SFX, just voice) is about 8GB as of 2.8. Game textures can be fixed a bit by allowing for low res texture pack options for mobile/low-space users. They could also try dynamic recoloring of textures to make them look different but still use the same base textures. Like green grass being colored blurple for Seirai island.

Voice stuff I could give two shits about after the events are over. That seems to be the easiest stuff to drop, from that archive that lets you hear audio files of past events. They should just make non-voiced chapter/quest summaries instead of having all of those audio files that 99% of people well never listen to. A few games bring up a summary of the quest scenes when you skip the story parts, like Granblue Fantasy, so I'd be fine with something like that in the archive, just to refresh our memory of what happened.

Pejo

Eh. They never get it right because they have it backwards.
Real 16 bit developers were trying to hide the pixel as much as possible.
Exactly. Some of them can nail it though.

This game really captured the 16 bit feel for me, without being like "lol pixels" the whole time. The scanlines and CRT filters go a long way for that though.

There were some people doing really cool stuff on Retroarch with proper CRT shaders, not just post-effect scanlines. I think there was a thread on GAF about it a bunch of months ago. It's the closest I've seen to true 16 bit on a CRT.

Fake

Gold Member
Why her body is painted? Is this part of censorship or something?

Her skin would be like 999% better without the paint.

Top Bottom