• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 5.0 (Natlan) - Everything Changed When the Fire Nation Arrived

Saber

We're in endgame now. According to leakers, this image is 9.9/10 for how Candace looks:

FZSPIn0agAAkbvc

Jack Nicholson Reaction GIF

Shows too much skin.

*Pressing X to doubt.

Shows too much skin.

*Pressing X to doubt.
Gotta agree here. Doesn't seem very likely. Recent leaks have been pretty weird anyway. "There's gonna be three banners with each taking 2 weeks!" and then "No, they're gonna cut the patch short because of TGS(???)!"

Hope it's true though. She looks pretty hot. Do we know anything about her kit? I would prefer her to be a main DPS.

Pejo

Gotta agree here. Doesn't seem very likely. Recent leaks have been pretty weird anyway. "There's gonna be three banners with each taking 2 weeks!" and then "No, they're gonna cut the patch short because of TGS(???)!"

Hope it's true though. She looks pretty hot. Do we know anything about her kit? I would prefer her to be a main DPS.
Word going around is that she's Hydro shielder type character that uses a spear. Could be nice to both trigger and protect the player from the new Dendro reactions.

Why her body is painted? Is this part of censorship or something?

Her skin would be like 999% better without the paint.
I think that's a transparent scarf, not body paint.

Shows too much skin.

*Pressing X to doubt.
I haven't fully given up on the degenerates at MHY. I think they'll throw us a bone now and then.

Last edited:
Word going around is that she's Hydro shielder type character that uses a spear. Could be nice to both trigger and protect the player from the new Dendro reactions.
I guess that's something new. I just realized she's a 4-star. Could be pretty cool then. 4-star DPS would suck anyway.

Pejo

Finally got my 800 plants from the water garden thing last night, done with that achievement. I never want to see a Geoderma or seaweed ever again.

Now all that's left is Fishing, which I haven't been doing at all. Looks like Sumeru is going to have fishing quests and a new fish shop, so I'll just wait and pick it up there.

Finally a leaker is using relevant damage numbers for a test video. Aggravate looks like a really nice buff for fast-hitting Electro characters. This is the first time I felt that Keqing looks good, numbers wise.

Just curious for you guys - which domain is your least favorite to actually fight? I don't mean which has given you the worst drops, but just which one do you dread even going in to?

For me it's this one:

Ice themed, every enemy has a shield so Shogun's skill is worthless, Constant homing large AoE icicles drop from the ceiling, stamina drain mechanic, abyss mages that you can't succ or gather with any skills.

It's like they found which combination they could do to make it anti-fun, then locked 1/3 of the characters talents behind it.

Second most hated is that water themed one for weapon materials that doubles your cooldowns.

Fuz

Banned
Just curious for you guys - which domain is your least favorite to actually fight? I don't mean which has given you the worst drops, but just which one do you dread even going in to?

For me it's this one:
Ice themed, every enemy has a shield so Shogun's skill is worthless, Constant homing large AoE icicles drop from the ceiling, stamina drain mechanic, abyss mages that you can't succ or gather with any skills.
I think it's the most hated one worldwide.

Saber

Finally got my 800 plants from the water garden thing last night, done with that achievement. I never want to see a Geoderma or seaweed ever again.

Now all that's left is Fishing, which I haven't been doing at all. Looks like Sumeru is going to have fishing quests and a new fish shop, so I'll just wait and pick it up there.

Finally a leaker is using relevant damage numbers for a test video. Aggravate looks like a really nice buff for fast-hitting Electro characters. This is the first time I felt that Keqing looks good, numbers wise.

Cool. Shes gonna do wonders with my new Traveler Dendro then.

I think it's the most hated one worldwide.

And for a good reason. Theres some bullshit hidden mechanic there.

Last edited:

deanote666

Why her body is painted? Is this part of censorship or something?

Her skin would be like 999% better without the paint.
Looks like clothing to me

I hate forsaken rift but Klee loves it.

The water weapon domain was made for Ayaka.

Last edited:

Fake

Gold Member
The worst domain to farm is probably the ice with cryo slimes, everything cryo and falling cryo damage.

Is more easy beat Childe and Stormterror than this crap domain.

Yup, the two most annoying ones have already been mentioned. I'll give an honorable mention to the Blizzard Strayer/Heart of Depths domain with the freezing cold mechanic. I also somewhat dislike the Inazuma talent domain because the enemies are all spaced apart, and half of those electro buff orbs fly straight up in the air and generally away from you, so they're not worth chasing. Neither are nearly as bad as the previously mentioned two though.

crumbs

She's also probably benefiting from a lack of new pyro characters released since her last banner (Thoma :messenger_expressionless:) . Plus there wasn't any pyro characters in the sumeru leaks, right?

She's also probably benefiting from a lack of new pyro characters released since her last banner (Thoma :messenger_expressionless:) . Plus there wasn't any pyro characters in the sumeru leaks, right?
Dehya's a pyro wielder, right?

I thought the conditions would be awful for Yoimiya, but I guess she's not doing too badly. Sounds like Sumeru's characters are spread out more as well, so players might feel more comfortable spending now.

Saber

Theres Dehya, but since her kit isn't leaked, her release is nowhere to be found and it seems like her popularity isn't that great, I'm willing to guess this one might be the "last pyro of interest" on Genshin fanbase.
I'm also willing to guess Dendro characters and reactions leaks didn't make people as happy or hyped as they hoped, so like InterMusketeer InterMusketeer said pretty sure people are willing to risk everything they got into this banner and after that they gonna start saving again.

Last edited:

Fake

Gold Member
The great star will be the dendro inself, not the news dendro chars. Their kit kit OK to generic.

Both Collei, Furrieboy and Traveler create a dendro area? Is getting so fucking repetitive at this point.

The only thing that get my attention was Collei boomerang mechanic with is uncommon.

The Chasm turned out to be bigger and better than I imagined. I like that they are putting multiple characters in the quests now. The last part was a bit dialog heavy but the escape cutscene and the Bosacius cutscene were good. I am still not done with all the quests and collectibles in there but it feels good overall.

Fake

Gold Member
Looks like burning got nerfed.

Is funny how Dendro never get release, but Dendro+Pyro was one of the most destructive combinations since ALPHA.

Last edited:

Saber

Enemies applying dendro and pyro on you = almost getting insta killed

Applying dendro and pyro on enemies = very low ass damage, poop duration and still got nerfed

Pejo

Enemies applying dendro and pyro on you = almost getting insta killed

Applying dendro and pyro on enemies = very low ass damage, poop duration and still got nerfed
That reminds me before they did the level scaling damage nerf with environmental damage. Just a few seconds standing in fire could kill a level 90.
Anyways, this still seems to be a big buff for faster hitting Cryo characters, even after the nerf. That's probably why they nerfed it to begin with. Ayaka is already ridiculously strong, but if she could melt like every other hit it'd be too much.

Liyue summer ladies

zvpzv11lb2g91.jpg

Where did Kokomi come from? Her rerun was quite recent. Childe or Hu Tao would have made a lot more sense. Those perhaps don't encourage dendro reactions as much though.

Fake

Gold Member
So, I've played this ship event and I must say, there is a load of premades doing anti-game in this event.

They came swimming to the first spot, none of them care to fight the monsters at the point of you think 'hey more points for me', but they are there next to the boat wait for you to advance to part 2 only to get your boat and leave you alone.

I just leave my message for them and end the co-op kicking them. Don't care about the penaulty, just don't put me with those League of Legends premades bullshit.

Last edited:
  • Empathy
Reactions: Fuz

Pejo

k4vp9rzw28g91.png

*edit*

Apparently we are getting shortened patches after all? I dunno, at this point we should probably wait for the special program for 3.0.
ph7ih7st5bg91.jpg

Last edited:

Saber

The update its around the corner, no need to getting this game of supposed infos now.

On a sidenote, people are guessing that Dehnya will be like a Xiangling 2.0 because of the Dendro+Pyro nerfs. I honestly could see that, they could try to sell a "better" Xiangling since the rumors go around her being 5-star. Either that or some generic buff that either extend burning or increases burning damage. You know, dumb stuff to push Dendro comps like no tomorrow. I might even guess the next new characters from Sumeru gonna be that way.

Last edited:

Fake

Gold Member
k4vp9rzw28g91.png

*edit*

Apparently we are getting shortened patches after all? I dunno, at this point we should probably wait for the special program for 3.0.
ph7ih7st5bg91.jpg

Is there any date for the 3.0 livestream? I assume that the teapot maintance hit them pretty hard.

Pejo

Is there any date for the 3.0 livestream? I assume that the teapot maintance hit them pretty hard.
I haven't heard anything yet. Probably middle of next week?

Anyways, this was an interesting post on reddit:

In a few weeks from now, Genshin Impact will be the most expensive video game ever made!​

That's right. Genshin Impact will have cost Hoyoverse $500 million by its second anniversary, making it the most expensive game ever made!
Hoyoverse made Genshin at an initial budget of $100M, which officially made it the 12th in the list of big budget games. Then they have issued a statement mentioning that it costs $200M per year to produce new content and keep everything running on schedule.
The numbers do make sense because they have 700+ people on this IP. Considering an average yearly wage of $75K (IT pays a lot more than this), it makes it a minimum of 50M+ per year in salaries. Then there is full voice acting in four languages, marketing, production design, servers and a lot more.
The closest official competitor will be Star Citizen, which is probably never gonna release and Cyberpunk 2077 which comes in third now. The first Destiny may be a close competitor as the devs have unofficially stated that it cost them $500M to 'develop the franchise', whatever that means.
Return on Investment: Considering that they have spent 500M until now and they make $3.7B per year, the ROI is around 1380%. Meaning for every dollar that they put in, they get back ~$15

*edit*

Kusanali kit is leaking... She sounds absolutely busted.

MSgmpEo.png

I will say this now, roll for Yoimiya. She will absolutely dominate the meta if this leak is real.

Apparently this guy is dropping the 3.0 and 3.1 story, unconfirmed of course, but he has lots of details. Click and read at your own risk:

Last edited:
Someone please explain to me why I should care for Yomiya if I already have a well built Hu Tao, Klee, Diluc, Xiangling and Bennet. Does she bring anything special to the gameplay?

Fake

Gold Member
Someone please explain to me why I should care for Yomiya if I already have a well built Hu Tao, Klee, Diluc, Xiangling and Bennet. Does she bring anything special to the gameplay?

In the Pejo Pejo context, increase attack speed leave chars with attack modification elemental skill pretty powerfull.

Remember, most of the elemental skill and elemental burst that just enchant the basic attack, their limit are attack speed, so in 10 seconds you can like make 20 basic attacks... if you increase your attack speed for 80%, probably you gonna make more damage using those kind of elemental skills/bursts.

Yomiya is an example. Elemental skill just buff her basic attacks for a time, so increase her attack speed will make her made even more damage in that lapse of time of the elemental skill.

Same as for example, Xiao and Razor burst.

Need to be very very specific sittuation, for example, the Skyward Claymore (after use your elemental burst, every basic attack will release a blade that persist for either 10 seconds of for a limited time of attacks you make).

Last edited:

Saber

Dunno, I think it varies with the person play style. I for instance don't feel like it's much worth, since I have a mid-tier build Yanfei and she does a pretty damn good damage. Xiangling is still my unbeatable pyro in terms of damage and pyro application, followed by a rather very mediocre Xynian.
The thing about Yomiya is well... bow auto-attack is pretty damn terrible since the begining of this game imo. But since it has pyro infusion on skill, might be usefull at least for the leak Pejo posted(gaining a wooping 120% elemental damage sounds pretty destructive).

Last edited:

Pejo

I still think there's no way that the image is real, or that she will release with that buff. It's just too insane. 120% elemental damage, 85% attack speed, and 240 EM? Nah.

Probably fake the longer I think about it.

Fake

Gold Member
She need to be at least in the same level as Shogun, so is not impossible to think that.

Maybe reduce her attack speed/EM/Elemental damage, but the core still the same?

Fake

Gold Member
80% attack speed sounds fun though. I hope it's true, but I doubt it.

80% attack speed is insane. The attack speed bonus we already familiar, either from others characters or from abyss buff are mediocre, between 10% or 12%. Will be the first time attack speed will be a thing in the game.

Pejo

I can't wait to use that with Itto's burst.
christoph waltz television GIF by Saturday Night Live
But Dendro and Geo don't react...

My Eula is both happy and sad for the same reasons. Good thing I have Shogun in the party to apply electro.

Last edited:

Pejo

Who cares? Itto is already a whirlpool of schiaffazzi. 80% more speed on that? Oh my.
Well my point is you can't run a full Geo + Kusanali team because Dendro + Geo don't react, and the Dendro reaction is what triggers the ATK speed buff. So you'd need either a Hydro/Pyro/Electro character + Itto + Kusanali. Also the 120% damage bonus is only for the react-able elements. Something like Kusanali + *spits* Benny + *spits* Gorou + Itto would probably be effective.

• Thoughtful

BJK

Few feelings better in this game than having the battle pass completed with nearly 2 weeks to spare. Domains & condensed resin for days!

(My Yoimiya will still have lousy artifacts, since I’ll be farming Crimson Witch on non-talent days.)

Pejo

Few feelings better in this game than having the battle pass completed with nearly 2 weeks to spare. Domains & condensed resin for days!

(My Yoimiya will still have lousy artifacts, since I’ll be farming Crimson Witch on non-talent days.)
I agree, but it makes me really not even want to log in to burn resin/condense it. I've been struggling to log in every day for a few weeks now. I'm hoping Sumeru grabs me, because otherwise I'm just getting burnt out and might need a break.

I still haven't touched all that co-op Archipelago stuff yet. I'll probably wait until this weekend and just do them all at once with a friend. It's a shame too, I was actually looking forward to that stuff at one point. It kinda goes to show you though, rolling new characters is definitely part of the fun of this game. Now that I'm just wasting resin (and my time) trying to get the right artifacts, the enjoyment of the game has dropped considerably for me.

Top Bottom