• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 5.0 (Natlan) - Everything Changed When the Fire Nation Arrived

Pejo

I posted it because I thought it was, but sadly it's not. :<
2.0 is the cyberpunk zone? It looks really cool.
2.0 is a whole new land, but yea the cyberpunk zone is one of the new zones in it.

Almost done with mounts, all that's left is the unicorn, then the PVP one (which I'll never see) and the ostrich which is currently unavailable to anybody.
9RM6Zq9.jpg

I did as soon as I got Dendro Traveler.
Like I said previously, the team consists on Barbara/Fichlz/ Dendro Traveler/Keqing. And it's worked the way I predicted, Dendro is all about reaction so using a Dendro just to mark people while the others do heavy duty it's a great idea(and just take a note that Traveler still in very low level in terms of talents). The conjuction of Traveler Burst, Fichlz Skill and Barbara auto-attack is surelly a good combo.
Yea I'm really happy with Keqing's performance with Dendro. I'll be happier when my Collei isn't quite so fragile because right now I have to spend way too much effort worrying about positioning and timing of attacks. I bet Barbie/Fischl/Mona also are enjoying a nice buff with Dendro on the menu. Mona is next on my "to be built" list after I get Collei maxed out. Ideally I'd like a Dendro healer character for team comp reasons, unfortunately we all know that means that I'll have to end up pulling for Baizhu.

Not just crap, its just basically non existant.
Its so low and so short that you don't even notice. I would advice people to forget this reaction.
I haven't tested it yet, but Burning had potential to be useful to Cryo characters to be able to proc multiple melts on the same enemy. I think Vaporize overwrites the burn, but Melt does not. Meaning that you could burn an enemy with Pyro+Dendro, then switch to Ayaka or other fast Cryo characters and Melt like every 2-3 hits. As far as its own damage, it's absolute garbage, but it could make Ayaka even more powerful if it works like I just described.

Last edited:

Pejo

Sonofabitch, they put Collei's boss at the other side of the universe?
K8Tdx.gif
Yea and it's a bit misleading, it's underground (and so is the telepoint near it).

ARE YOU FUCKING INSANE?​

Maybe. In old MMO terms, the drop rate is ultra-generous on top of the fact that there's no competition for the enemies that drop it. Plus only one piece per mount is a drop, the rest are quest rewards or in specific chests. Plus the enemies that drop the pieces almost all give upgrade mats for your mounts, which in turn gives you more color options and dark crystals. I've farmed much longer for much less, this is baby mode grinding.

Pejo

Yea it's bad, but comparatively for stuff I've grinded/farmed in other games, this is nothing. FFXI had some .1% drop rates on monsters that would only spawn once every X number of hours, which could be anywhere from 1-2 or 36-48. Flyff had world drops that were .05%

These monsters spawn every 3 mins or so, again there's no competition from other players "claiming" them and you not even getting a chance at the drop, and you get a rate increase the longer you farm it. Easy mode.

Pretty much any F2P Korean MMO from the 2010s looks at these numbers and laughs.

• Triggered
Reactions: Fuz

Saber

The worst thing is using Shogun boss itens as talent requeriments. Argh, I want distance from this, but god damn. I hate that bitch.

I didn't realize you could actually advance the "Mona owing rent" Mondstadt Commission. I wish more commissions would allow you to interact with playable characters.

I did that last week. Just like the fatui guy, I though they were new comissions.

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
Upgrading Collei is a fucking nightmare. Those stupid mushrooms are super rare.

Miho REALLY don't want us to level her up quickly. If I have to guess, I'd supposed Tighclown has easier materials.

Last edited:

Pejo

Upgrading Collei is a fucking nightamare. Those stupid mushrooms are super rare.

Miho REALLY don't want us to level her up quickly. If I have to guess, I'd supposed Tighclown has easier materials.
Yea I even used the interactive map to find materials for her and was still only able to ascend her to 50 yesterday. Currently waiting for them to respawn. Worst part is that everybody got her, so nobody is keen to let you steal their shrooms.

Fake

Gold Member
My Collei stopped in time.

edit:

edit2:

So, how bow are you guys using for Collei?

Using the Windblume Ode and is actually a decent bow for her support use.

Last edited:

Pejo

My Collei stopped in time.

edit:

edit2:

So, how bow are you guys using for Collei?

Using the Windblume Ode and is actually a decent bow for her support use.
R5 Sacrificial for me. More boomerangs.

Saber

That aquarium teapot stuff is huge. Had to take alot of things to accomodate it.
Its cool, but the problem is that it has a kinda of internal colored light, so it mess abit with the color of your fishes. Still cool since I got 2 new fishes.

Pejo

Man, another full night in Sumeru and I barely felt like I made any forward progress. Tonight I tried to unlock all of the telepoints and domains, but got sidetracked into this huge underground area, spent like 2 hours in there until i hit a dead end and realized I was missing one of the songs to finish a puzzle at the end. Made it through about 2/3 of all of the telepoints though, some of them were a bitch to find. Also some of those withering zones are no joke. I ran into one with 3 ruin guardians, 3-4 of those cube mechas, and then the boss was a flying gargoyle thing.

Collei's 70 now, need more boss mats and mushrooms. I really like her kit now that her passives are done. So if you throw a boomerang, then cause a Dendro reaction with any other element before it returns to you, you get this little pulsing AoE ring around your character that follows you and constantly applies Dendro. Also, if her burst causes any reactions, it gets extended for up to 3s. It's a really solid kit for applying Dendro, as is her only real job. I'm really happy with her for a 4* freebie character. Great intro to the element, with a very accessible and easy to understand kit.

Fake

Gold Member
No problem with ToF. If have boobs I welcome.

Those heremits hit pretty hard. And using dendro against them is no a good ideia after all.

Pejo

I am a little confused about the ruin gargoyle combat design. They already nerfed several enemy types that stay off the ground too far and too long, then they make this thing that is nearly permanently out of melee reach. Then they give it moves where it flies up even further, so high that even ranged character auto attacks won't reach it, like Catalyst/bow users. The only way you can hit it is charged attacks from bow users, so unless you're using Ganyu or I guess Tiggy, it's gonna be a LONG fucking fight.

I'm assuming there's a way to knock them out of the sky, I just haven't figured out how yet. Any of you guys figure it out?

Dregnel

i have been farming these mushroom with elemental damage i didn't know that you need kill them with physical damage to get another different item.

crumbs

Does the new fishing bow have a discounted leveling event currently? Before I farm...
Are you talking about the "End of Line" bow you can buy from Sumeru fishing association? I don't think there's any bonus EXP event for it that I'm aware of.

Saber

I am a little confused about the ruin gargoyle combat design. They already nerfed several enemy types that stay off the ground too far and too long, then they make this thing that is nearly permanently out of melee reach. Then they give it moves where it flies up even further, so high that even ranged character auto attacks won't reach it, like Catalyst/bow users. The only way you can hit it is charged attacks from bow users, so unless you're using Ganyu or I guess Tiggy, it's gonna be a LONG fucking fight.

I'm assuming there's a way to knock them out of the sky, I just haven't figured out how yet. Any of you guys figure it out?

I did that 2 or 3 times without noticing, mainly because I spam everything on it before he keeps running away. The 4th time was when I was inside a cave(notice the cave is not adapted to fight it), and I hit it in its "eye" and it suddenly grounded.

Btw, does any of you got a 300 mb update for GI? It took me more than 30 minutes just to install and every good thing about Sumeru was destroyed. The game stuters frequently, the team deploying is this slower version just like before Sumeru update...what happened? It was too good to be true.

Last edited:

Pejo

I did that 2 or 3 times without noticing, mainly because I spam everything on it before he keeps running away. The 4th time was when I was inside a cave(notice the cave is not adapted to fight it), and I hit it in its "eye" and it suddenly grounded.

Btw, does any of you got a 300 mb update for GI? It took me more than 30 minutes just to install and every good thing about Sumeru was destroyed. The game stuters frequently, the team deploying is this slower version just like before Sumeru update...what happened? It was too good to be true.
Performance while playing the game has been improved on my PC, but load times took a shit for sure. I really should re-install this on my SSD. I put it on my old hard drive back when I started because I wasn't sure if I'd like it or not, then just never moved it.

Saber

Performance while playing the game has been improved on my PC, but load times took a shit for sure. I really should re-install this on my SSD. I put it on my old hard drive back when I started because I wasn't sure if I'd like it or not, then just never moved it.

But thats the thing, the game I was playing was better. I think I even posted that alot of things were improved, the best one being the team deployment being a lot faster.

But that 300 MB update I received today ruined everything, hence why I'm asking if any of you got this update. Its even more weird because it took a heavy load to just install, which was incredibly weird.

Pejo

But thats the thing, the game I was playing was better. I think I even posted that alot of things were improved, the best one being the team deployment being a lot faster.

But that 300 MB update I received today ruined everything, hence why I'm asking if any of you got this update. Its even more weird because it took a heavy load to just install, which was incredibly weird.
I didn't notice any update when I logged in to do dailies earlier. Maybe a Playstation/PS4 exclusive update?

Fuz

Banned
God damn, that was a long ass Archon quest. I started playing right after the servers came up and just finished it 10 mins ago. Not bad HYV, not bad. I could have done without all the running back and forth, but I like the story part of it.

I'm fucking exhausted now and have to be up for work in like 4 hours. Fuck.
How the fuck did you managed to finish it so quick?
They never
fucking
stop
talking
I've been at it (plus some exploration to break the pace) since the update and I'm still at Groundhog's Day. Excellent quest, though. So far, the best archon quest we've had - until the point I'm at. Pacing is kinda bad though. They really talk too much.

Pejo

How the fuck did you managed to finish it so quick?
They never
fucking
stop
talking
I've been at it (plus some exploration to break the pace) since the update and I'm still at Groundhog's Day. Excellent quest, though. So far, the best archon quest we've had - until the point I'm at. Pacing is kinda bad though. They really talk too much.
I wouldn't say it was quick. I started playing it pretty much after servers came back up and I got my bearings in Sumeru, then finished it nearly 9 hours later on a overnight bender when I had work the next day. Mistakes were made, but it was a high quality quest.

• Thoughtful

Fuz

Banned
I wouldn't say it was quick. I started playing it pretty much after servers came back up and I got my bearings in Sumeru, then finished it nearly 9 hours later on a overnight bender when I had work the next day. Mistakes were made, but it was a high quality quest.
By the way, the archon quest is absolutely this:
f5bad3db2ef7463481c2feb82af742a61614803409_main.png

Last edited:

Pejo

By the way, the archon quest is absolutely this:
f5bad3db2ef7463481c2feb82af742a61614803409_main.png
Great comparison.

I also can't wait to see the payoff of the silent set-up that happened during this quest.

The traveler's dreams were stolen. So we're FINALLY about to find out some backstory about those motherfuckers. I hope they don't just do "oh he saw the Irminsul tree" and stop there, I want to see where he's from what happened the first time they laneded on Teyvat up until the opening cutscene, all of that. The setup is so perfect for it, they better not fuck it up....

deanote666

Mobile had a 20mb or so update this morning.

Fake

Gold Member
2pc is HP+20%, 4pc is 30% shield strength and 20% atk buff

Ah, thats I remember why I don't go with Zhongli. I know geo need to crystalizate to make a elemental shield, but Zhongli don't have a proper shield like Noelle.

hue

Last edited:

BJK

Ah, thats I remember why I don't go with Zhongli. I know geo need to crystalizate to make a elemental shield, but Zhongli don't have a proper shield like Noelle.

Holding his elemental skill creates a shield that scales with his HP…and lasts long enough to have near-permanent uptime.
…plus at C2 (where mine is now), he gives shields to the party on his burst.

Shields are the main reason to have ZL. (Mine’s 2pc geo set + 2 pc Noblesse. I’m all about that burst.)

Fake

Gold Member
Holding his elemental skill creates a shield that scales with his HP…and lasts long enough to have near-permanent uptime.
…plus at C2 (where mine is now), he gives shields to the party on his burst.

Shields are the main reason to have ZL. (Mine’s 2pc geo set + 2 pc Noblesse. I’m all about that burst.)

Yeah, I forgot that. Can't remember last time I played with Zhongli. So Pejo set is right.

Last edited:

///PATRIOT

Banned
I just pulled 30 wishes saved during 39 levels of game on the standard banner to hopefully get Mona or Keqing, but I only got the shitty shinobu some poop weapons...
fuck me.... :messenger_crying:

Last edited:
Top Bottom