• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 5.0 (Natlan) - Everything Changed When the Fire Nation Arrived

Fuz

Banned
I just pulled 30 wishes saved during 39 levels of game on the standard banner to hopefully get Mona or Keqing, but I only got the shitty shinobu some poop weapons...
fuck me.... :messenger_crying:
Animated GIF

Pejo

So that's fucking annoying - the little dendro buds you shoot that spit out the stars that you can grapple on to reset every few days, and you have to shoot them and release again. I wanted to be able to just glide through areas I've already explored, but now I have to do that busywork every so often.

Got all the telepoints and domains except that underwater one that is probably tied to that giant rain machine quest. Some of those bitches were tricky to get to. Lots of telepoints too. I kinda wish we had fewer of those but maybe a mount or something to allow faster travel between points on foot. I see how well it works in ToF without being overpowered or reducing the time you spend engaging with enemies or whatever, it seems like a good idea.

Sumeru is absolutely lovely. Lots of great vistas, a surprising amount of diverse biomes that all blend together really seamlessly. New enemies are fun to fight without some of the annoying mechanics from Inazuma's enemies, and the '3 states' thing is a pretty novel mechanic. I haven't had to farm for one specific type of drop yet though, so maybe that sucks later? I'm not using pyro in my Sumeru exploration team so I will have zero of the burnt variety.

Keqing is so damn strong now with Dendro. She's great against solo enemies or groups, extremely versatile with exploration, can hit flying enemies, she does it all. I wasn't even a big fan of her until Sumeru, and I still don't like her actual character, but god damn if she's not one of my favorites to play now. I also tried pissing with my un-built Yae, and she's definitely stronger now with Dendro, but nowhere near as much of an improvement as Keqing.

Saber

So that's fucking annoying - the little dendro buds you shoot that spit out the stars that you can grapple on to reset every few days, and you have to shoot them and release again. I wanted to be able to just glide through areas I've already explored, but now I have to do that busywork every so often.

Got all the telepoints and domains except that underwater one that is probably tied to that giant rain machine quest. Some of those bitches were tricky to get to. Lots of telepoints too. I kinda wish we had fewer of those but maybe a mount or something to allow faster travel between points on foot. I see how well it works in ToF without being overpowered or reducing the time you spend engaging with enemies or whatever, it seems like a good idea.

Sumeru is absolutely lovely. Lots of great vistas, a surprising amount of diverse biomes that all blend together really seamlessly. New enemies are fun to fight without some of the annoying mechanics from Inazuma's enemies, and the '3 states' thing is a pretty novel mechanic. I haven't had to farm for one specific type of drop yet though, so maybe that sucks later? I'm not using pyro in my Sumeru exploration team so I will have zero of the burnt variety.

Keqing is so damn strong now with Dendro. She's great against solo enemies or groups, extremely versatile with exploration, can hit flying enemies, she does it all. I wasn't even a big fan of her until Sumeru, and I still don't like her actual character, but god damn if she's not one of my favorites to play now. I also tried pissing with my un-built Yae, and she's definitely stronger now with Dendro, but nowhere near as much of an improvement as Keqing.

Keqing is the key with dendro cores and why I think dendro will be kinda forgotten late game. Unless you do something with dendro cores, you basically waste chances for damage or the enemy dies before the core explodes, or worst scenario is enemies using your cores to damage you. But Keqing attacks are basically aoe, her burst literally burst all the dendro cores for major damage.
Also, Inazuma is the worst place in terms of exploration, enemies and content. I'm happy Sumeru is cool and fun, I want to forgot everything about this place and this autistic simpfication of shogun.

Btw if any of you guys needs mushrooms theres alot on my world. I don't collect them because I don't use Collei.

Last edited:

Fake

Gold Member
Yeah. Is ofiicial: Dendro sucks.

The bulbs don't explode at time, can hurt you, if enemies use elemental reaction in the bumbs you created you take the damage instead of them, burning is dead and useless. Sometimes you finish the battle and tons of bulbs will stay there, without explode.

In fact I HIGHLY DON'T RECOMMEND bring a Dendro char inside the dendro artifact dungeon because the Electro Heremit will make a massive damage on you IF YOU DON'T BRING A PROPER ELECTRO TO ACTIVE THE BULB BEFORE HIM.

Is quite funny that dendro is not even effective against the abyss mage/abyss heralt. Is quite useless so you need to constant trade the team.

Other funfact: The burning from the Dendro Samachurl is almost instact. Thats is because since update 3.0, the burning got a delay of reapplying for 2 seconds, the Dendro Samachurl don't follow this rule so he keep refreshing you with dendro and burning keep happen until you interrupt his cast.

Incoming dendro buff is quite expected.

Last edited:

Dregnel

Yeah. Is ofiicial: Dendro sucks.

The bulbs don't explode at time, can hurt you, if enemies use elemental reaction in the bumbs you created you take the damage instead of them, burning is dead and useless. Sometimes you finish the battle and tons of bulbs will stay there, without explode.

In fact I HIGHLY DON'T RECOMMEND bring a Dendro char inside the dendro artifact dungeon because the Electro Heremit will make a massive damage on you IF YOU DON'T BRING A PROPER ELECTRO TO ACTIVE THE BULB BEFORE HIM.

Is quite funny that dendro is not even effective against the abyss mage/abyss heralt. Is quite useless so you need to constant trade the team.

Other funfact: The burning from the Dendro Samachurl is almost instact. Thats is because since update 3.0, the burning got a delay of reapplying for 2 seconds, the Dendro Samachurl don't follow this rule so he keep refreshing you with dendro and burning keep happen until you interrupt his cast.

Incoming dendro buff is quite expected.
they won't buff anything, they will release busted characters so you can pull.

i feel retarded trying to kill these flying mushrooms with melee attacks because the only character I have equipped for this was yae and I can't use her because they won't give me the item of those future characters.

I'm enjoying the story, the world and the characters but the decisions about the elements in the world and the balance of the characters makes it very difficult to enjoy the content because firstly you can't use your favorite characters and secondly the new ones are a trash.

Dregnel

I dont get it. 40 pulls in the standard banner, and only one fucking character, the rest weapons. WTF!
i have never seen a character with the standard banner, are you using your primos there? i got a 5* weapon long time ago but the pity is shared with a bunch of weapons.

I'm enjoying the story, the world and the characters but the decisions about the elements in the world and the balance of the characters makes it very difficult to enjoy the content because firstly you can't use your favorite characters and secondly the new ones are a trash.
You're not wrong. To engage with the puzzles and mechanics in Sumeru you need Dendro, Hydro, Electro and Pyro. That's your team. Can't stray from it unless you want to change your party constantly. Dendro's worth is hard to gauge since there's so few units available and we're all still farming artifacts for them. Currently however it looks like standard teams with Anemo are easier to use.

Apart from that Sumeru's pretty great though. Many of these issues will probably be solved in the future, which I'm happy to wait for. I haven't spent a single primo for this patch so it's not like I'm getting scammed or anything.

Fake

Gold Member
they won't buff anything, they will release busted characters so you can pull.

i feel retarded trying to kill these flying mushrooms with melee attacks because the only character I have equipped for this was yae and I can't use her because they won't give me the item of those future characters.

They want to sell dendro, otherwise the future of the others characters are compromise. People gonna ignore dendro related banners.

I don't disagree with you, this is very possible. They can simple ignore dendro buff, but I think burning is beyond useless. You don't even reconize burning anymore.

You're talking with someone who played the alpha and the beta before the official release. How can you use fire against a plant and you don't do damage to the plant anymore?

Last edited:

Pejo

Man you guys and I are having totally different experiences with Dendro. I modified my Sumeru exploration team a bit, and it's now Keqing/Collei/Xinyan/Kokomi, and I'm just destroying everything in my path. Dendro + Hydro + Electro requires a lot of team comp commitment and setup, but holy shit the damage when you use it. I'm not even running anything good on Kokomi, Collei, or Xinyan as far as artifacts, and Xinyan/Collei's talents are all somewhere between level 1 and 6, and they still are just annihilating things. Groups, solo, mushrooms, ruin machina, you name it. This new Dendro team is actually one of my strongest teams already, can't wait to see it after I build the characters properly.

If I had one complaint with Sumeru so far, it's that there are WAY too many fucking quests with the veggie people. They remind me of Nopon from Xenoblade, and I hate them so, so much. From the broken speech that's hard to read, to the stupid names and naming conventions they give everything, to their copy/paste design. It's all bad and no matter how many quests I complete with them, I get 20 more. Sucks that most of the good rewards are locked behind them, from the new regional gadgets (the harp mainly) to the new weapon recipes and the "level up tree" for Sumeru. I've collected 3 of the new craftable weapon recipes, but only have the sword prototype to make one so far. I'm gonna make the claymore first because I think it looks the coolest.

Quick question to those that are fairly far along in the veggie people quest chain though -
Varuna is almost undoubtedly the Traveler's sibling, right? I am assuming if you have a female MC, they talk about Varuna being a male, because for my Aether, she was female. But the description fits pretty obviously. Gold hair, similar scent and song to playable traveler, did all of these same things 500 years ago, has a (in my case) brother and taught the veggies what that meant, etc.

I've been really at it all day today and I'm still only at 17% explored according to the reputation NPC. I'm 3% completion and 2 world quests off from unlocking bounties and rep quests for Sumeru. Should be able to hit it tomorrow before the weekly reset.

Anyone else feel like Sumeru is gonna be a real bitch to 100%? There are so many little and semi-hidden underground areas that don't show up on the map. If you miss a chest in there when a quest takes you in, there's no way you're going to remember to go back. I wish the Hoyolab interactive map automatically tracked which chests you opened and which you didn't.

Man you guys and I are having totally different experiences with Dendro. I modified my Sumeru exploration team a bit, and it's now Keqing/Collei/Xinyan/Kokomi, and I'm just destroying everything in my path. Dendro + Hydro + Electro requires a lot of team comp commitment and setup, but holy shit the damage when you use it. I'm not even running anything good on Kokomi, Collei, or Xinyan as far as artifacts, and Xinyan/Collei's talents are all somewhere between level 1 and 6, and they still are just annihilating things. Groups, solo, mushrooms, ruin machina, you name it. This new Dendro team is actually one of my strongest teams already, can't wait to see it after I build the characters properly.
I can beat anything the overworld throws at me with ease. My characters are built for Abyss after all. Dendro doesn't contribute much, however. When I use Collei I get what feels like a handful of Dendro reactions, dealing insignificant damage. The rest of the time (80% of the fight) is just the usual vape/overload stuff. It's like Collei and Dendro aren't even there. Their impact on the fight is negligible. I might need to look for a different team comp or even different rotations, but I want to keep playing Yoimiya for now.

crumbs

I can beat anything the overworld throws at me with ease. My characters are built for Abyss after all. Dendro doesn't contribute much, however. When I use Collei I get what feels like a handful of Dendro reactions, dealing insignificant damage. The rest of the time (80% of the fight) is just the usual vape/overload stuff. It's like Collei and Dendro aren't even there. Their impact on the fight is negligible. I might need to look for a different team comp or even different rotations, but I want to keep playing Yoimiya for now.
My experiences so far with dendro are pretty similar to what you described. I've been playing around with a Keqing/Yelan/Collei team and while this setup is definitely buffing Keqing, I'm not sure it been worth setting these reactions. I may try a different hydro character (I've been thinking of pulling on Kokomi) since Yelan's skill is almost too strong in this combo.

Part of the issue is Collei, who I have at lvl 40 with a favonius bow & 4pc dendro set (I do have a dendro cup artifact from the strong box). I feel like her dendro application wears off of enemies really fast, which makes it trickier to setup reactions. They also should have made dendro spreadable with anemo characters, which could have made up for some of the weirdness in applying dendro.

Did anyone in this thread pull for Tighnari? I did like his gameplay in the demo, but I was wondering how much better he is than Collei outside of the demo. Not really wanting to spend primos on him, but trying to get better idea of dendro overall.

I don't want to judge dendro based off the dendro MC and Collei, but I've switched back to my normal teams for a lot of the content in Sumeru. Both the bosses and the artifact domain are pretty easy without dendro characters.

Dregnel

Did anyone in this thread pull for Tighnari? I did like his gameplay in the demo, but I was wondering how much better he is than Collei outside of the demo. Not really wanting to spend primos on him, but trying to get better idea of dendro overall.
hard to know, we don't have enough flowers, almost all the reviews on youtube are using him at level 60 - 70, I have seen reviews with youtubers using him at level 40.

Saber

Pejo Pejo remember what I said later. Keqing can be at the same time the reason for good team comps but also at the same time its ruin(because it limits to using her only). If you guys have Mona I higly suggest, because if my Barbara can be a Dendro dps, then Mona is basically a monster. Fichlz helps ultra alot as well.

Its strange that only a very few quests from those green cute little seeds gives you reputation points.

Last edited:

Pejo

I feel Dendro + Pyro is not a good reaction. Even if you're making the buds and burgeoning them, it's unimpressive and doesn't add much. Also, if you don't have both of Collei's ascension passives, you are only getting 2 Dendro reactions per use of her skill, which also would feel unimpressive. Regarding strength, I get what you're saying, I too have Abyss capable teams, and my Eula team could easily oneshot even the toughest overworld encounters with that, but I think the impressive thing with Dendro is that I have basically zero effort into a Dendro team build and it's already shining, and it's using characters that have typically been riding the bench for me. I don't think it's here to be the new end-all reaction for all people to use at endgame, but I am extremely happy that it's made fast hitting Electro characters suddenly viable in areas that previously they were useless. That's what I think it does well. As far as Dendro damage comps where you lean on Dendro instead of other elements, nobody can possibly have their characters and comps built out enough at this point to say anything definitive. We all know Collei is not a main dps, and is not good enough to carry the element if you want to focus on Dendro damage itself, but damn if she doesn't make Keqing, Fischl, Yae shine. I think the element is in a pretty good place with a free 4* though, so I'm excited to see what future Dendro characters will be able to do.

Pejo Pejo remember what I said later. Keqing can be at the same time the reason for good team comps but also at the same time its ruin(because it limits to use her only). If you guys have Mona I higly suggest, because if my Barbara can be a Dendro dps than Mona gonna be a monster. Fichlz helps ultra alot as well.

Its strange that only a very few quests from those green cute little seeds gives you reputation points.
Yea it does feel almost like Dendro reactions were made specifically for Keqing. She just does everything that is necessary to make the reactions really work. Nice AoE, almost 100% uptime on infusion, nice homing attacks. The others do get benefits, but the aiming and the fact that most of them either don't have constant Electro damage or are mostly single target. I bet a team of Hydro main DPS + Shogun + Dendro could probably be fun. Maybe I'll try it later.

Here's the first decent video I've seen on what we can expect with Nilou. It looks like she really does only benefit teams that are ONLY Hydro and Dendro. That honestly sucks shit.

i wonder if you can join to another account to take the materials using an emulator, is that legal?
Absolutely. deanote666 deanote666 does this with his "crystal farming account".

*edit*

I have to say, Tiggy's quest was pretty good too. Not because of him, but it was well-paced, interesting, had a good story that wraps up nicely at the end. A 10000x improvement over the latest "go to NPC, read a book" quests we've been getting for like Yelan/Ayato.

Last edited:

Pejo

Well, just managed to hit rank 2 Sumeru rep about 15 mins ago, saved my bounties and requests, so now I'm only a bit away from rank 3. I'm curious to see how that woodchopper tool works.

I finished ALL of the fucking veggieboi quests, what a pain in the ass. One of the later ones was pretty cool though, you get to enter and power on that giant fucking robot. I could have done without 400 quests with those guys, but I see why they did it. It was a nice and gradual way to introduce you to the music/lyre mechanics and open up most of the map. I had no fucking clue that all of that was going to come from a simple escort quest to help a girl get home.

I'm rank 9 on the Sumeru tree, and 1 Dendroculi off from rank 3 statue, somehow still only at 23% done with exploration though. Sumeru is positively massive. Anyways, I kinda burnt myself out a bit trying to rush rep rank 2, so I'm gonna take a break until tomorrow night. Probably start trying to get Collei to 90 and work on her talents. Right now I'm running 2pc Wanderer's and 2pc Severed Fate for EM and ER respectively. Works pretty well since I want to use her Burst as much as possible. Also, crafted the claymore, bow, and sword from the new set. Not really that I'll use them, but I like the looks. I'm still one recipe short, so there must be more veggie shit on the way.

Fake

Gold Member
I tried to reach reputation 2, but I give up.
Require much time just for one day. Maybe this week. And those fucking mushrooms takes ages to respaw.

Last edited:
I don't think it's here to be the new end-all reaction for all people to use at endgame, but I am extremely happy that it's made fast hitting Electro characters suddenly viable in areas that previously they were useless.
That's so extremely niche that it's honestly disappointing. Don't get me wrong, Keqing needed a buff badly and I'm happy she's performing better now. I'm gonna try her out again once Yoimiya has maxed friendship level. But an entirely new element being only viable with a subset of electro users is pretty terrible. I thought it was bad already that Dendro wouldn't react with 50% of the elements, but it might as well not react with five out of six.

Require much time jidt for one day. Maybe this week. And those fucking mushrooms takes ages to respaw.
Yeah me too. Most of the commissions only give 20 points so it's gonna take forever to get there.

By the way, are there any daily commisions in Sumeru yet? I haven't unlocked them yet if they are.

crumbs

Well, just managed to hit rank 2 Sumeru rep about 15 mins ago, saved my bounties and requests, so now I'm only a bit away from rank 3. I'm curious to see how that woodchopper tool works.

I finished ALL of the fucking veggieboi quests, what a pain in the ass. One of the later ones was pretty cool though, you get to enter and power on that giant fucking robot. I could have done without 400 quests with those guys, but I see why they did it. It was a nice and gradual way to introduce you to the music/lyre mechanics and open up most of the map. I had no fucking clue that all of that was going to come from a simple escort quest to help a girl get home.

I'm rank 9 on the Sumeru tree, and 1 Dendroculi off from rank 3 statue, somehow still only at 23% done with exploration though. Sumeru is positively massive. Anyways, I kinda burnt myself out a bit trying to rush rep rank 2, so I'm gonna take a break until tomorrow night. Probably start trying to get Collei to 90 and work on her talents. Right now I'm running 2pc Wanderer's and 2pc Severed Fate for EM and ER respectively. Works pretty well since I want to use her Burst as much as possible. Also, crafted the claymore, bow, and sword from the new set. Not really that I'll use them, but I like the looks. I'm still one recipe short, so there must be more veggie shit on the way.
In a couple of weeks, you better not complain about a lack of content :messenger_grinning_smiling:

Meanwhile, I haven't even finished the archon quest, I keep getting distracted with exploring and other stuff. This kinda burnt me last night when I realized I hadn't completed the requirements to start doing the reputation stuff in Sumeru yet, so I just did the Inazuma ones for the BP points.

The archon quest is really dragging for me. I'm only at the point with Dori & Al-Haitham, so hopefully there isn't too much left or it starts to pick up the pace. This feels less like a focused quest and more like a meandering intro to a bunch of characters and locations.

Really enjoying exploring Sumeru, it feels like the devs are learning from what worked and didn't work from the other regions.

Fake

Gold Member
Yeah me too. Most of the commissions only give 20 points so it's gonna take forever to get there.

By the way, are there any daily commisions in Sumeru yet? I haven't unlocked them yet if they are.

You need to complete the all the main story from Sumeru (those Archor main quest)and in the next day you will get a 2 seconds Quest that simple open Sumeru commisions.

Pejo

Looks like Candace is already receiving nerfs even before being launched lol
Guess they don't wanna people using her as a dps, only as support. I think her cons are also being nerfed.
This makes me so sad. So 4*s just cannot be DPS ever again apparently.

Require much time just for one day. Maybe this week. And those fucking mushrooms takes ages to respaw.
You absolutely needed to hit at least the 20% exploration to have a chance. I don't even think that all of those world quests are open yet. I played a LOT this past weekend and barely made it to rank 2 by last night.

That's so extremely niche that it's honestly disappointing. Don't get me wrong, Keqing needed a buff badly and I'm happy she's performing better now. I'm gonna try her out again once Yoimiya has maxed friendship level. But an entirely new element being only viable with a subset of electro users is pretty terrible. I thought it was bad already that Dendro wouldn't react with 50% of the elements, but it might as well not react with five out of six.
Well we only have 3 Dendro characters (if you count Traveler), and the kits are pretty vanilla so far. I'm not ready to write off the element entirely as an electro buff just yet. Plus we see that Nilou is basically made to promote Bloom, maybe there will be future characters that focus on a single part of the Dendro kit too like a Burgeon master, etc. I don't really like that because I like generalist characters more than specialist, but oh well.
Yea I got it the day after I finished Archon Quest. Not sure if there are other triggers.
In a couple of weeks, you better not complain about a lack of content :messenger_grinning_smiling:
After really putting in effort, completing every world quest I had available, and barely getting 20% exploration, I don't think that's going to be an issue.
The archon quest is really dragging for me. I'm only at the point with Dori & Al-Haitham, so hopefully there isn't too much left or it starts to pick up the pace. This feels less like a focused quest and more like a meandering intro to a bunch of characters and locations.
Depending on what hits and what misses for you personally, you're still in for some stuff.
Really enjoying exploring Sumeru, it feels like the devs are learning from what worked and didn't work from the other regions.
Very much so. I can't describe how much I love the grappling points everywhere. I thought that everything was going to feel bad unless I basically use Yelan and Kaz in every exploration team, but MHY made it work that I don't even need them and I don't feel like general traversal has been worse off because of it. It's annoying that the buds close every few days and you have to activate them again, but for the convenience they offer, I guess it's an ok trade-off. I wish I had remembered to take more screenshots because these areas have been wow-ing me all weekend. Everything has so much attention to detail in Sumeru, it basically makes Mondstadt look like it's from a different game.

Fake

Gold Member
Just all the Sumeru Archon Quest, but those asshole deny you to enable Sumeru commision.
You need to wait the 24h cycle in the game, like you do for every cycle daily commision.
After that the Katherine will call you, 2 seconds speak and Sumeru commision will be open.

Last edited:

Saber

Totally agree. Sumeru feel like something they should have doing before Inazuma. Which its a region I don't want to explore, like its literally unfun to explore. Theres still alot of treasures and puzzles but I just leave there. When I got my job done at Inazuma, I move all my comissions and exploration back to Monstad of how much bad Inazuma is. Basically a bunch of lame exploration isles, mind burning puzzles(with pitfull rewards), alot of enemies ambush "gotcha moments", absurd amount of Shogun simping, Fog isle is horrible, etc. Its not great, and tbh I though it was a problem with me(I was like, maybe I'm bored of GI).

Sumeru on the other hand felt like whoever was in charge of Inazuma simply isn't touching GI anymore. Like, I had my trouple sometimes with that rotting mechanic or some level design, but nothing tiring or unfun really. That Sakura tree quest in Inazuma on the other hand it was one the worst experiences I had in a game, and honestly I hope the one who created that stay far away from gaming.

Last edited:

Pejo

God damn. I just realized, with as huge and expansive as base Sumeru is in 3.0, in 3.1 we get an area that's nearly as big. And the patches are coming faster and more frequent now.

Look at this shit, due out in a matter of weeks:
3ujsdp119nk91.jpg

Here are some good in-game shots too. Can't wait to check this area out.

Last edited:

Pejo

Oh and I forgot to mention this since I was brute forcing reputation rank 2 this weekend, but nobody responded to my previous spoilered lore question, so I'm going to try again now that you guys have had some time to do the content.

1. Do you guys think that Varuna is traveler's sibling? They hinted at it mid-Aranara quest, but then at the end of the quest they seem to lean even more heavily into it. Do you think that the nameless Aranara was a sidekick to sibling similar to how the green one helped us save Rana? I'm curious if you guys have female MCs, if "Varuna" was considered a male.
  2. My guess is that Alhaitham is actually Dottore, or more precisely one of his "point in time" clones. Everyone is suspicious of him, nobody will deal with him, silver hair, morally grey. At this point I'm unsure if he will betray the traveler eventually or if we will win him around and he will join us fighting against other Dottore flavors, but I definitely think he's one of the clones.

Fake

Gold Member
So, Scaramouche want to destroy the human race. Shogun is 'her mother', he got betray by three person, probably Shogun and Doctore are in that list and now he have the tools to destroy everything.

Last edited:

deanote666

I feel Dendro + Pyro is not a good reaction. Even if you're making the buds and burgeoning them, it's unimpressive and doesn't add much. Also, if you don't have both of Collei's ascension passives, you are only getting 2 Dendro reactions per use of her skill, which also would feel unimpressive. Regarding strength, I get what you're saying, I too have Abyss capable teams, and my Eula team could easily oneshot even the toughest overworld encounters with that, but I think the impressive thing with Dendro is that I have basically zero effort into a Dendro team build and it's already shining, and it's using characters that have typically been riding the bench for me. I don't think it's here to be the new end-all reaction for all people to use at endgame, but I am extremely happy that it's made fast hitting Electro characters suddenly viable in areas that previously they were useless. That's what I think it does well. As far as Dendro damage comps where you lean on Dendro instead of other elements, nobody can possibly have their characters and comps built out enough at this point to say anything definitive. We all know Collei is not a main dps, and is not good enough to carry the element if you want to focus on Dendro damage itself, but damn if she doesn't make Keqing, Fischl, Yae shine. I think the element is in a pretty good place with a free 4* though, so I'm excited to see what future Dendro characters will be able to do.

Yea it does feel almost like Dendro reactions were made specifically for Keqing. She just does everything that is necessary to make the reactions really work. Nice AoE, almost 100% uptime on infusion, nice homing attacks. The others do get benefits, but the aiming and the fact that most of them either don't have constant Electro damage or are mostly single target. I bet a team of Hydro main DPS + Shogun + Dendro could probably be fun. Maybe I'll try it later.

Here's the first decent video I've seen on what we can expect with Nilou. It looks like she really does only benefit teams that are ONLY Hydro and Dendro. That honestly sucks shit.

Absolutely. deanote666 deanote666 does this with his "crystal farming account".

*edit*

I have to say, Tiggy's quest was pretty good too. Not because of him, but it was well-paced, interesting, had a good story that wraps up nicely at the end. A 10000x improvement over the latest "go to NPC, read a book" quests we've been getting for like Yelan/Ayato.

I'm actually using a 2nd phone and completely separate account so no account linking or anything besides being friends.

BJK

Changed my walking around party from:

Eula / Jean / Yae Miko / Yoimiya

to

Yoimiya / Barbara / Yae Miko / Dendro Traveler.

I flirted a bit with Shogun over Miko for the off-field DPS role, but I actually prefer the turrets as a visualization of when I’m applying electro. (When Yoimiya’s skill goes on cooldown, it’s a decent time to reset my turrets, and cast the heal if needed.)

Rarely use the traveler, since Dendro falls off so quickly. Still working on talents (7/4/3 at the moment), constellations (C2), and I only have hand-me-down artifacts on her (physical damage chalice, since no Dendro one yet)…so I might improve my thoughts on the new element down the line. Didn’t realize she rotates between the various talent books from level to level.

Way too much stuff to do, since the forest people story has over a dozen sub quests, and the woodcarving event has even more component parts. Now if I can just get myself to stick to the plan & stop trying to pull for C3 Zhongli until after I have Dendro Archon….

Fake

Gold Member
Making an elemental reaction based on three elements to active was a bad ideia. The damage is not worthy and enemies can explore that negatively.

Is best to not use dendro at all. The only simple reaction is dendro+pyro=burning and I noted that the putting pyro on the grass cause more damage than the burning inself.

Reactions: Fuz

Pejo

Has anyone used shogun with a dendro element or is it not worth it because her E steals your quicken's ICD?
Quicken is just a 'state' that the monster is in, like "wet". Aggravate is the electro damage reaction that can only happen to Quickened enemies with an ICD. It scales off of EM, is added BEFORE other damage calculations, and can crit. So Shogun previously didn't have much EM, probably won't after this either, but it might be worth a try. That said, it's an across-the-board buff for Electro characters, so at worst it's just giving you sweet bonus damage.

Coincedentally, if you hit a Quickened enemy with Dendro, you get the "Spread" reaction, which actually has a higher damage multiplier than Aggravate. The downside is that we don't have any major Dendro DPS righit now, other than maybe Tiggy. A hard hitting Dendro carry in the future might make this a great reaction.

There's also Dendro + Hydro to create Bloom, and then the little Bloomy bois can be yeeted by Electro for what's called "Hyperbloom" that turns them into little heat seeking Dendro missiles (that can't hurt the player anymore).

And not relevant to this conversation, but just explaining it to anyone who might be interested - Pyro's Dendro reactions kinda suck and I think a lot of people are bummed about the element because 1/5th of the reactions are kinda useless, especially compared to melt/vape.

Pyro + Dendro = Burn, obvious to everybody, damage sucks. BUT it should allow for multiple Melt reactions in a single proc. Haven't tested this, to be clear. Vape is unaffected completely and will still wipe the "Burning" status from the enemies and cause a single Vape.

Dendro + Hydro = Bloom and then add Pyro to create Burgeon, which is only a small increase in radius and damage of the Bloom explosions, causing ONLY Dendro damage (Pyro damage bonus means zero here), and enables manual detonation of the Blooms instead of waiting for them to pop.

I hope this clears up some of the confusion about Dendro. It's in its infancy right now, and I think it's got major potential.

Pejo

Got Collei to 90 tonight, Talents are currently 1/6/4, Sacrificial Bow at 80, Artifacts at 8/8/20/20/20. She's finally coming in to her own. Her elemental skill is great for the pulse that continually applies dendro, and her Burst is great for when you have enemies grouped or immobile to really put the hurt on. I still really like her a lot, despite her relatively straightforward kit. She does everything I need her to do, to make my Electro characters shine. Thanks to Saber Saber and the other random friends I have in genshin that let me steal their shrooms.

I'm going to start pre-farming Dori as best I can. I'm doing alright on the cliff lotuses and Eremite rags, but I only fought the Thunder weed one time for the event rewards, so I'll need to start dumping Resin on it.

Think my eventual Dendro team is gonna be Keq/Collei/Mona/Dori. Not that there's anything wrong with my current Dendro team, but I don't like using characters in more than one party comp, and Kokomi is a staple in my Shenhe perma-freeze team, so this gets Mona off the bench and Dori still can heal. I find having a Pyro character other than to burn mushrooms for drops and puzzles is a complete waste in current meta. At least as it relates to Dendro. Hydro and Electro got the love this time.

*edit*

Very long but very good theory about the "main" story in Genshin. I read the whole thing and mainly agree with it.

Last edited:

Fake

Gold Member
My Collei is at lvl 80. Huge amount of mushroom right now. Gonna take slow steps.

Collei is decent, for me is not the dendro damage, but dendro reaction inself that is mix bag.

Top Bottom