• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 5.0 (Natlan) - Everything Changed When the Fire Nation Arrived

Pejo

Wow! Just look at what you crazy people did! Thanks for making this the biggest OT on NeoGAF. That's amazing!
Office Tv Youre Welcome GIF by The Office

It's just a pity, I know that a LOT of people on GAF play this game, but almost nobody posts here about it. It's almost seen as a badge of shame or something to admit it because 'popular bad' and 'gacha bad'. This thread would be a lot more lively with even 5-10 regular posters contributing or even just shitposting like our old friend Blackm1st.

Fake

Gold Member

It's just a pity, I know that a LOT of people on GAF play this game, but almost nobody posts here about it. It's almost seen as a badge of shame or something to admit it because 'popular bad' and 'gacha bad'. This thread would be a lot more lively with even 5-10 regular posters contributing or even just shitposting like our old friend Blackm1st.

Most of them fell ashame for no reason, but my speculation are sites like Tiktok, Reddit and mostly important, Twitter that make players embarrassing.

But they probably don't engage with the thread, but they do read our tips and links.

deanote666

Didn't get a video unfortunately.

What exactly are the giant green things with the green energy coming off of the hollow in the middle?

Had a seelie go into a miniature one...

Pejo

Didn't get a video unfortunately.

What exactly are the giant green things with the green energy coming off of the hollow in the middle?

Had a seelie go into a miniature one...
You need to collect songs from the Aranara, and different songs will interact with those things. The big ones start sort of a collection race to pick up all of the leaves and make it back to the start before time runs out. The little ones are like warp portals that warp you to somewhere else (usually small and self contained) wbere you will solve a mini puzzle or find a chest or something.

I would recommend doing the Aranara story first before spending time exploring. At least until you unlock all of the songs. I think there are 6. Otherwise you're going to have to retread the whole map to do these song puzzles.

*edit*

Mona birthday official art:
FbdPSb4aUAE6T5A.jpg

Last edited:

Saber

So... if you go into the blacked off area, Paimon will have you run in out of bound circles until all of your characters die...

Theres a quest for that, but tbh honest is not that much to explore neither good for treasures.
Also this story quest it will request you to play Traveler alone at the final stages.

Last edited:

crumbs

If we want more posters in this thread, we just need the following to happen:

1. Genshin Impact releases on Xbox
2. Digital Foundry starts to do comparison videos of the PS5 & XSX versions after every version update.

We'd be swimming in the "quality" posts I see in a lot of the gaming threads. :messenger_neutral:

Pejo

If we want more posters in this thread, we just need the following to happen:

1. Genshin Impact releases on Xbox
2. Digital Foundry starts to do comparison videos of the PS5 & XSX versions after every version update.

We'd be swimming in the "quality" posts I see in a lot of the gaming threads. :messenger_neutral:
Well you're right about that much. If the game could be reasonably "platform war"-ed, there would be more GAF posters about it.

So I got that Sumeru rank 3 fame "tree chopper" gadget and tested it out last night. It's fine, it lets you just run up to a (hopefully) group of trees and use the gadget and then 3x wood from all trees in range instantly enter your inventory.

The downsides, since MHY fucking sucks at making useful gadgets, are that the range is almost always too small to hit more than 2 trees and the cooldown is too long to keep spamming it in a forested area. So you're saving yourself like 6 whacks with your weapon every 13 seconds. They couldn't even be assed to give you bonus wood per tree if you use the gadget. The only real advantages I see for it is if you're in a densely populated area with many trees close together (I can only think of bamboo trees that are actually close enough to make this work) or if you're running an entire team of bows/catalysts since they can't produce wood from attacking trees. Why even make shit like this that literally nobody will waste the time to swap in the gadget to use? It's just like that fan gadget from Inazuma that makes you go barely noticeably faster while gliding, but you can only use it when you're on the ground. Fucking stupid.

Yamisan

Sumeru was the best Archon quest yet by far but I'm surprised how short it was, very very short o.o

Last edited:

Dregnel

I'm having more fun with the Aranara questline than the main story, I think they exaggerated with that amount of dialogue without exploring or killing anything.
That shit about living the same day over and over again was total bullshit, wtf was that?

Yamisan

I'm having more fun with the Aranara questline than the main story, I think they exaggerated with that amount of dialogue without exploring or killing anything.
That shit about living the same day over and over again was total bullshit, wtf was that?
It was the best story so far in the game, thats what it was.

This Archon quest wasn't bad, though it was somewhat similar to the Chasm storyline IMO. Genshin as a game however is terrible for delivering a story. It's just endless dialogue with a handful of animations. Everything is slow and/or repetitive. Especially with quests like these where there's a mystery that the cast is trying to solve, it's constant talking and explaining and theorizing. I get that this is where the characters get to shine so they want to show them off, but it quickly turns into a slog.

The Aranara are another example. Their language is incomprehensible. Vara, Nara, Aratana, Vaharaja, who knows what they're saying. Even Paimon notes how hard it is to keep track of and they still put it in the game. Why? Yeah it's a cute and quirky idea. That novelty wears off after a single conversation, and we still have hours of quests to go through with these guys. Maybe that dialogue hits different in Asian languages? I don't know, but I zone out whenever these dudes talk.

Most people play this game for the combat and exploration. I have a friend who regularly whales in this game. He spent a couple hundred to get Tighnari and his bow. He skips through any and all dialogue and I can hardly blame him. I feel there's a big disconnect between what the writers/developers want this game to be and what the players want/expect. These story quests are now basically visual novels. Even the combat sections they occasionally sprinkle in feel tacked on. I've played VNs before and enjoyed them but those are made with that format in mind. Genshin should really find a better way to tell its story.

Saber

Honestly the bad thing about GI is the extended and stupid dialogues.

I like when it's about story (like something about the sibling or some hint about what happened before), but when it's unnecessary comments or just stupid remaks it's becomes a boredom. Even more terribly handled when it's 1 hours of monologues that seems to never end.

Pejo

Honestly the bad thing about GI is the extended and stupid dialogues.

I like when it's about story (like something about the sibling or some hint about what happened before), but when it's unnecessary comments or just stupid remaks it's becomes a boredom. Even more terribly handled when it's 1 hours of monologues that seems to never end.
I don't agree that the dialogue being long in and of itself is the bad thing, it's that they waste too much dialogue saying NOTHING or reiterating what we already know about. In other words, it doesn't respect the player's intelligence. I think Tiggy's character quest was a big improvement in that they explain, move to a location, we do an action (battle/find stuff/puzzle/etc) and then another explanation, but still it's just too wordy and too much "So PAIMON gets it now, we need to do *thing we were already ready to do 10 mins ago*"

Maybe they're doing it for children or people with bad reading comprehension, but I have a feeling that those people are story skippers anyways.

The Aranara questline was another mistake as far as text. I read almost every line of text regarding lore in this game, and even I was ready to skip text after "the Nara Pejo and Arana Nara Rana went to Varanana to use Vanana". I'm sure it was interesting in their head to emulate a simple language from a tribe of primitive creatures, but it was positively awful to read. And there admittedly was WAY too much of it. They had to give each Aranara it's own personality via this broken text since they all looked basically the same and had one of 5 canned animations. I get what they were trying to do, it was just a miss for me.

At least we haven't seen a character quest as bad as Ayato's, so they must have gotten feedback that nobody liked it.

Anyways, Nilou

7lqayb0lw7l91.jpg

Last edited:

crumbs

So looking ahead, I'm going to pull for Kokomi on the next banner, which means I'm probably going to end up with Dori. Looking at her kit (Burst scales with HP), we may finally have a character to use with the Bell.

Speaking of the next banner, do have any leaks on the other two 4 stars yet?

Last edited:

Pejo

the Bell.
Holy shit you might be right. Back before I knew what I was doing in the game, I built a level 80 The Bell for my main DPS at the time (Razor).

Problem is, if the elemental skill is useful at all, I almost always go with Sacrificial weapons because of the extra use. That said, Dori's elemental skill looks pretty bad and doesn't add anything to her healing so maybe. I'll have to see how effective it is at applying Electro off-field.

Saber

I think he meant the other 4*s for the Ganyu/Kokomi banners before 3.1.

Oh I see. No idea though, I'm so focused into new entries that forgot about the rest of banner composition.

Still wondering when the heck Denhya is supposed to come. It would be better if she come along with Nilou, but shes not even playable or neither have a kit yet.

crumbs

Holy shit you might be right. Back before I knew what I was doing in the game, I built a level 80 The Bell for my main DPS at the time (Razor).

Problem is, if the elemental skill is useful at all, I almost always go with Sacrificial weapons because of the extra use. That said, Dori's elemental skill looks pretty bad and doesn't add anything to her healing so maybe. I'll have to see how effective it is at applying Electro off-field.
Looking at the leaks, her elemental skill doesn't look very useful until you add some constellations, especially her C6 (Of course :messenger_pensive: ). Not sure I'll bother building her, but I would lean toward a healing set with stacking HP% on the Sands/goblet/ headpiece. With the Bell providing HP%, I would maybe consider an electro DMG goblet with HP% as a substat to see if her skill is worth it.

The only thing I have are guesses.

Maybe Cyno will come along with Candance(I mean, sounds obvious)? But again who will be first, Cyno or Nilou?
Sorry, I meant the next banner on v3.0. I know that Ganyu and Kokomi are the 5 stars on their respective banners and Dori is confirmed as one of the 4 stars, so I was wondering if we had any info on the other 4 stars.

Last edited:

Pejo

Oh I see. No idea though, I'm so focused into new entries that forgot about the rest of banner composition.

Still wondering when the heck Denhya is supposed to come. It would be better if she come along with Nilou, but shes not even playable or neither have a kit yet.
I'm guessing Dehya is 3.2. I just hope she's got a good kit. I don't want to Monkey's Paw myself, but if she's a Pyro Healer, I'd be so excited. We know she's Pyro Claymore, but the rest is up in the air. I really hope they DON'T make her all about Burning/Burgeon reactions similar to how they fucked Nilou to be only about Bloom.

Looking at the leaks, her elemental skill doesn't look very useful until you add some constellations, especially her C6 (Of course :messenger_pensive: ). Not sure I'll bother building her, but I would lean toward a healing set with stacking HP% on the Sands/goblet/ headpiece. With the Bell providing HP%, I would maybe consider an electro DMG goblet with HP% as a substat to see if her skill is worth it.

Sorry, I meant the next banner on v3.0. I know that Ganyu and Kokomi are the 5 stars on their respective banners and Dori is confirmed as one of the 4 stars, so I was wondering if we had any info on the other 4 stars.
Man 3 second infusion, don't spoil us MHY. Looking at her Constellations, I'm leaning more towards the Bell now too. Although, her burst is 80 Energy, so that's fucking awful.

I'm having a conundrum with Dori, in that I don't necessarily want either of the 5*s but I want at least a copy of Dori to play around with. It'll be another Itto/Shinobu situation where I pray to raise pity, get the target 4*, and get out without pulling a 5*. In looking at Ganyu/Kokomi's constellations, I think I'll roll on Ganyu's banner though. Kokomi's constellations are SO bad, especially if you use her primarily for her elemental skill like I do instead of a weak ass un-crittable tanky DPS.

crumbs

Man 3 second infusion, don't spoil us MHY. Looking at her Constellations, I'm leaning more towards the Bell now too. Although, her burst is 80 Energy, so that's fucking awful.

I'm having a conundrum with Dori, in that I don't necessarily want either of the 5*s but I want at least a copy of Dori to play around with. It'll be another Itto/Shinobu situation where I pray to raise pity, get the target 4*, and get out without pulling a 5*. In looking at Ganyu/Kokomi's constellations, I think I'll roll on Ganyu's banner though. Kokomi's constellations are SO bad, especially if you use her primarily for her elemental skill like I do instead of a weak ass un-crittable tanky DPS.
Yeah, I totally misread the 80 energy requirement as 60. So you would probably need either ER on her weapon or on one of the artifacts.

The more I look at Dori's kit, the less interested I am in building her. Especially since I won't need another healer as the point of me pulling on that banner is to add Kokomi, who also heals and provides a dendro friendly element.

Ganyu's C1 is a decent for damage & ER. I was able to get her C1 on her original banner only 10 pulls after hitting pity for her. Probably used up most of my Genshin gacha luck that day.

deanote666

Got too close to the world border in mawtiyima forest and Paimon walked me off the edge of a cliff.

I picked the emergency food speech prompt too many times I guess.

Fake

Gold Member
I was reading some old leak saying they want to push Dendro reaction so fucking hard.

Deyha is supouse to endow her basic attacks with pyro and every foe hit by her basic attack will get a mark that increase the burning damage on how much marks the foe have.

Pejo

I was reading some old leak saying they want to push Dendro reaction so fucking hard.

Deyha is supouse to endow her basic attacks with pyro and every foe hit by her basic attack will get a mark that increase the burning damage on how much marks the foe have.
NO. FUCK.

Making her a burning character is worst case scenario for me, it's the worst Dendro reaction and one of the worst in the game period....

*edit*

Do you have a link of where you read that?

Last edited:

Saber

NO. FUCK.

Making her a burning character is worst case scenario for me, it's the worst Dendro reaction and one of the worst in the game period....

Told yah guys they were pushing Dendro reaction on characters kit.
I honestly wouldn't give a damn about burning, as long her kit is cool and has some damage(or utility), then all is well.
Worst case scenario is an another Xynian, and I just couldn't handle(would probably skip her).

Pejo

Told yah guys they were pushing Dendro reaction on characters kit.
I honestly wouldn't give a damn about burning, as long her kit is cool and has some damage(or utility), then all is well.
Worst case scenario is an another Xynian, and I just couldn't handle(would probably skip her).
I just worry they're going to pull a Nilou and make her ONLY work if it's Dendro and Pyro in the party. If it's just a bonus to burning without gimping her with other elements, that's fine. Still would have preferred a healer though.

Fake

Gold Member
NO. FUCK.

*edit*

Do you have a link of where you read that?

Gonna find out as soon as I get home.

BTW, did you finish leveling up Collei? Let me steal your mushrooms.

Fuz

Banned
Read it on reddit just now, I just think this is kinda fun, in relation to Genshin's policies.

Pejo

Read it on reddit just now, I just think this is kinda fun, in relation to Genshin's policies.

I don't think it'll make MHY budge on Genshin, but it does bring a smile to my face.

I enjoy how ToF embraces the degeneracy, at least moreso than Genshin and even Honkai does.

Btw, got Frigg, she's pretty fun to play but I had zero Ice weapons built out so yea, it'll be a week or two until I can get a real feel for her.

• Praise the Sun
Reactions: Fuz

Fuz

Banned
I don't think it'll make MHY budge on Genshin, but it does bring a smile to my face.

I enjoy how ToF embraces the degeneracy, at least moreso than Genshin and even Honkai does.

Btw, got Frigg, she's pretty fun to play but I had zero Ice weapons built out so yea, it'll be a week or two until I can get a real feel for her.
I'm reading that she's a buffer and kinda sucks as a dps.

Pejo

I'm reading that she's a buffer and kinda sucks as a dps.
That's actually ok too. I got Coco a week or so ago off a random gold nuclei 10x pull, and got Tsubasa while pulling for Frigg, so I have an ice team, just low level and no matrices etc. I've been using her in that co-op event going on right now because almost everything is weak to frost and her ice domain is a lot of fun and gives you unimited dodge attacks (as Frigg only) and increased shatter (for whole team). I like the moveset a lot. The dodge animation is weeb as fuck and I love every second of it.

Pejo

Yea a Eula cutscene leaked for 3.1 for the Mondstadt festival, so she's almost guaranteed. That's a lot of banners for 3.1 though. Cyno/Nilou/Venti/Eula. with Candace as a new 4* somewhere.

Pejo

After or before Nilou?
No idea when the banners are. I would suspect that we get 1 new/1 rerun for each banner duration. So like Nilou/Candace/Venti and then Cyno/Eula, something like that? I dunno if the Mondstadt festival will be in the front or the end of the patch though.

Fake

Gold Member
No idea when the banners are. I would suspect that we get 1 new/1 rerun for each banner duration. So like Nilou/Candace/Venti and then Cyno/Eula, something like that? I dunno if the Mondstadt festival will be in the front or the end of the patch though.

Hope so. The wait is killing me. More than 10k primo plus +10 pink wishes.

I had some problems with floor 12 as usual. Had to whip out the 'ole Xiangling and bench my Yoimiya to kill the 'shroom. Feels bad man. Dendro still sucked and was not able to carry my Shogun/Keqing team.

Fake

Gold Member
I had some problems with floor 12 as usual. Had to whip out the 'ole Xiangling and bench my Yoimiya to kill the 'shroom. Feels bad man. Dendro still sucked and was not able to carry my Shogun/Keqing team.

I'm little tired right now, but so far 11 was quite easy. Now I'm afraid of floor 12.

I not expect miracle from Collei anyway. Is quite astonish Dendro not doing any damage because the buff you get from Abyss give you a huge ATK% bonus if you hit your oponnent with dendro cores.

edit: ATK + 15% every time a dendro core damage a foe. Stack 4 times.

Last edited:
Top Bottom