• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 5.0 (Natlan) - Everything Changed When the Fire Nation Arrived

Fuz

Banned
Visual guide to getting that new fishing bow:

c7t1j0syj6l91.png
Got it R1 already. The farm is quite easy this time, much lenient than The Catch.

Pejo

Dori Intro

She looks ok, her elemental skill looks boring. Love the unique attack animations though.

Last edited:

crumbs

Dori Intro

She looks ok, her elemental skill looks boring. Love the unique attack animations though.

Her design would be much better without the glasses. Even Elton John wouldn't wear that garbage.

There's a lot of characters that have nice animations that you never end up seeing since they're either 4 stars you never use (Thoma, probably Dori TBH) or part of a character's kit you don't really use (AA on most archers, Zhongli's AA when most use him as a shield bot or burst support).

I have also been impressed with some of the additional animations that have been added to some mobs, like the Eremites. Everyone's been talking about the axe girl smashing her guitar/lute thing when going aggro, but you can also find the hydro-infusing girl dancing in the camps (She also has a very dramatic death animation).

Last edited:

Fake

Gold Member
The problem is not her glasses, her problem is because she is a child/tiny with glasses.

If she was a tall lady like Yelan with this glass would result a better design.

Pejo

Her design would be much better without the glasses. Even Elton John wouldn't wear that garbage.

There's a lot of characters that have nice animations that you never end up seeing since they're either 4 stars you never use (Thoma, probably Dori TBH) or part of a character's kit you don't really use (AA on most archers, Zhongli's AA when most use him as a shield bot or burst support).

I have also been impressed with some of the additional animations that have been added to some mobs, like the Eremites. Everyone's been talking about the axe girl smashing her guitar/lute thing when going aggro, but you can also find the hydro-infusing girl dancing in the camps (She also has a very dramatic death animation).
I'll agree that I don't like the particular glasses they went with, but she and Sucrose are the only two glasses characters so far, so it's nice for a bit of variety. I generally don't like the child characters for a bunch of reasons, mostly gameplay and movement reasons, but Dori at least has some fun looking attacks. I don't think anybody is honestly expecting her to be good, but yea, after the advent of Xiangling/Benny/Xingqiu/Fischl they have been VERY careful to not make 4*s truly good ever again. I feel fortunate when we get a useful and balanced new character like Yunjin/Collei.

Eremites have had a lot of love put into them. They have a ton of idle animations at their camps, from playing games with each other, dancing, feeding their sumpter beasts. I like the new wildlife too, that they sometimes attack, sometimes are not hostile. Getting surprise pounced by a tiger is actually pretty surprising each time it happens if you don't see the tiger beforehand. I only wish that if they hit you with the ambush attack that it 1HKO the active character. As it is, it takes off like 700 damage and unless you're a Hu Tao main, that is never gonna be any actual danger.

Now that I'm thinking about it, I wish the overworld had more actual danger. Big tough enemies that are dotted in the landscape (like the dinosaurs in FFXII), enemies with some actual lethal damage against player characters, etc. Sumeru is still the best with this out of any area to date. I actually had my very first party wipe (since Liyue's Ruin Sentinel Island in 1.0) in Sumeru, before I understood the mechanics of the withering. I walked into one with a bunch of cube bots and ruin sentinels, and figured "meh I'll just go for the nodes and fight them all together", but I ended up getting bounced around a few times, then my withering bar was up too high (which severely reduces max HP for the full party), and ended up wiping that way. With the fact that there is almost zero penalty to dying in the overworld, we should be doing a LOT more of it. World level going to 8 pretty much just made enemy HP skyrocket instead of presenting any meaningful challenge, and even endgame challenge modes like the Abyss is only tough because of the timer requirements, not the actual fights themselves. I guess Genshin is a casual mass-appeal type game though, so I won't spend too much effort typing about "it should be harder" since the vast majority of players would straight up hate that shit. Then again, Elden Ring sold 13 million copies....

Fake

Gold Member
Playing Genshin Impact on my Playstation 4 and a pop-in appears saying 'The Last of Us: Part 1 release. Play right now.'

Lmao. Never tought playstation brand would regress so badly after Jim became the ceo.

Pejo

wnbu6kacmhl91.png

I believe in Kusanalicoin. Scara is hopefully a skip but there's precedent for really strong 5* male Anemo characters....

Fake

Gold Member
So they're doing pop-up ads in the OS WHILE you're playing a game now? What the fuck?

Yes, but the strange part is I'm using a Playstation 4, and the game they want me to play is a Playstation 5 exclusive. Is like 'hey, you playing a F2P game, buy a PS5 and them this game'.

Bizarre times.

Saber

wnbu6kacmhl91.png

I believe in Kusanalicoin. Scara is hopefully a skip but there's precedent for really strong 5* male Anemo characters....

You telling me Scaramouche will come first than Dehnya? And that Dehnya will come after a zero new character patch?
Having a hard time believing that. Tbh I still find hard to believe Scara gonna be even playable. I rather prefer to wait and see myself how they gonna achieve that.

Pejo

Man, this kinda retroactively pisses me off if it was true. At one point apparently the design team had different types of gadgets for traversal from each nation, instead of just a themed set of glider wings. Glider was supposed to be from mondstadt, then Liyue was supposed to give us stairs/an escalator or someting. Sumeru would give us a grappling rope (similar to the little seed things that we grapple on to. Fontaine was a set of fins to make us swim faster and dash in water, etc.

Here's the reddit post about it:

You telling me Scaramouche will come first than Dehnya? And that Dehnya will come after a zero new character patch?
Having a hard time believing that. Tbh I still find hard to believe Scara gonna be even playable. I rather prefer to wait and see myself how they gonna achieve that.
I posted his boss model a few pages back, he looks way different now. We still haven't seen the new playable model yet. Anemo is all we really know about him.

Last edited:

Fake

Gold Member
To be honest Scaramouche was supposed to be the Sumeru weekly boss, instead of using ascend material from Inazuma for the Sumeru chars.

crumbs

I basically work for the Arana now. Scrolling through my available quests, it's all from them since almost every Arana you talk to has some chore or request. They must gave talked to the "roots" in Liyue, found about the first Lantern Rite festival, and realized that the travel is Teyvat's most accomplished gofer.

Phew, I was just now able to get to reputation rank 2. I barely got to 20% exploration and looked up some of the quests that don't require Aranara. Guess I'm a week behind now, but it's no biggie.

Pejo

Well I'm done with the quests that I have open to me in Sumeru, so time for the incidentals. Going to stock up on Sumeru woods for teapot furniture, work on getting my fish bow, some of the other achievements etc. There is apparently one telepoint I still don't have open too (according to the achievement), but I don't see it on the map which is now 100% uncovered, so it must be one of those underground hidden ones.

I stopped by the rep NPC just to see, and some-fucking-how I am still only at 27% explored for the region. What the fuck. I've been doing every puzzle/chest/Dendroculus that I've been coming across and still I'm nowhere even close to halfway done..

Phew, I was just now able to get to reputation rank 2. I barely got to 20% exploration and looked up some of the quests that don't require Aranara. Guess I'm a week behind now, but it's no biggie.
Once you start doing bounties/rep quests, you'll be climbing quick. I've had that rank 3 gadget for a week now and it's just as worthless as the other ones.

Last edited:
I stopped by the rep NPC just to see, and some-fucking-how I am still only at 27% explored for the region. What the fuck. I've been doing every puzzle/chest/Dendroculus that I've been coming across and still I'm nowhere even close to halfway done.
I wonder if the yet to be released desert area is counted in that percentage as well. That could explain how slow the progress is.

Latest leaks btw:

Patch 3.2: Kusanali (Dendro Archon)
Patch 3.3: Scaramouche
Patch 3.4: No new 5-star
Patch 3.5: Dehya

It's gonna be a long wait if true. Might go for some Kusanali cons.

Fake

Gold Member
Latest leaks btw:

How strange we're getting Dendro Archon ahead of Scaramouche.

Pejo

I wasted 10 blue wishes for making point to get Xingu in the shop.

Terrible fucking ideia.
Can you really "waste" blue wishes though? Are you saving up for Tiggy to enter the pool?

Anyways, so I'm pissing with teams a bit, and I'm trying out Mona/Traveler/Fischl/Sayu (will be replaced by Dori, i just wanted someone with similar healing ability). If Mona is being used as intended, she obviously wants the Widsth, but what do you guys think for a weapon for her as the main carry DPS that's using her ele skill and auto attacks? I'm planning it to be a Dendro flavored Taser team.

Here are the catalysts I have available, thoughts?
6iNS491.jpg

Latest leaks btw:

Posted that like halfway up this page. Dehya being so far is a bummer for me.

Last edited:

Fake

Gold Member
Can you really "waste" blue wishes though? Are you saving up for Tiggy to enter the pool?

I trying to increase the blue star to get Xingu in the shop. I really holding for Nilou banner. Nothing against Beidou, but not my style and I already have a bunch of *4 chars that never get out in those free banners.

Are blue wishes mess up with the pity?

Last edited:

Pejo

I trying to increase the blue star to get Xingu in the shop. I really holding for Nilou banner. Nothing against Beidou, but not my style and I already have a bunch of *4 chars that never get out in those free banners.

Are blue wishes mess up with the pity?
no blue wishes are on a separate pity, doesn't effect limited banners.

Posted that like halfway up this page. Dehya being so far is a bummer for me.
Sorry, must have missed that one. Dehya is a bummer for sure, but I guess it gives me some time to save up (and splurge on Kusanali).

I don't even have Mona so I can't help you there. I wonder how viable a DPS Mona is. I know her cons encourage that play style though.

crumbs

Decided to throw a 10 pull at the Tighnari banner for fun and ended up with him (plus 2 more Fischls). I was only about 5 wishes into pity, so this doesn't mess with my plan for the Kokomi banner. Didn't have time to test him out much, plus I only had enough lotuses to get him to lvl 60. Plan to use my prototype crescent on him, might think about grabbing the BP bow next time if I'm still using him. Also debating between the new Deepwood artifacts or using Wanders Troupe.

Pejo

I thought that at one point I got a flavor text when finding the Dendro-chained mechanis enemies that there were like 5 or 7 supposedly in all of Sumeru, expected a mini-quest or achievement when I got them all, but I'm at about 10 or 11 now and still nothing. I wish I'd have paid more attention to the text. I'm assuming we also get something for finding all of the wayward Aranara, which is gonna be a pain.

Hey R Reizo Ryuu and Dregnel Dregnel - you guys play the latest Honkai story chapters?
The quality in both writing and in-game cutscenes both had a HUGE improvement in the last few chapters of the Elysia arc. All of the stuff from chapter XXXI onward has been really great. They also fixed a lot (but not all) of the translation errors, text errors, and miscellaneous bugs that made the last 5 or so chapters feel fucking terrible. I'm frankly shocked at how good these last few chapters have been. Really sets the bar up a notch from their previous stuff.

Fuz

Banned
Decided to throw a 10 pull at the Tighnari banner for fun and ended up with him (plus 2 more Fischls). I was only about 5 wishes into pity, so this doesn't mess with my plan for the Kokomi banner. Didn't have time to test him out much, plus I only had enough lotuses to get him to lvl 60. Plan to use my prototype crescent on him, might think about grabbing the BP bow next time if I'm still using him. Also debating between the new Deepwood artifacts or using Wanders Troupe.
I tried him in his quest and I honestly really like his kit. If only he didn't look like a clown...

Dregnel

Hey R Reizo Ryuu and Dregnel Dregnel - you guys play the latest Honkai story chapters?
The quality in both writing and in-game cutscenes both had a HUGE improvement in the last few chapters of the Elysia arc. All of the stuff from chapter XXXI onward has been really great. They also fixed a lot (but not all) of the translation errors, text errors, and miscellaneous bugs that made the last 5 or so chapters feel fucking terrible. I'm frankly shocked at how good these last few chapters have been. Really sets the bar up a notch from their previous stuff.
not yet, but yes the writting is getting better, project stigma with kevin playable is the next arc, i'm saving my pity.

Pejo

A lot of this makes sense, but I don't know how much of it is actual leaks and how much of it is just conjecture based on events/dates that we know. MHY has proven a few times that particularly their rerun schedule makes zero sense sometimes.

I'd really like to see Dehya before 3.5, and it's hard to believe we'll get all of these new unrevealed characters before her. Also disappointing that Eula will be a bit player to this Mika fuckboi from Mondstadt. At least she'll get screen time I guess. Wonder if those old leaks will actually be true about Amber getting a "fairytail" costume in the next few patches. Maybe it'll be an anniversary gift or something. I have no idea why I'm still hopeful with costumes, they let me down time and time again.

*edit*

92u74z54vul91.jpg

Short cooldown on E. It's not much, but I love to hear it. I like pressing buttons, not waiting to press a button.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fuz

crumbs

Sounds like it's going to be a long wait for Alhaitham, Deyha, and Baizhu.

I'm not familiar with Layla and Faruzan. Has info leaked about them?

Pejo

I'm not familiar with Layla and Faruzan. Has info leaked about them?
Faruzan I haven't found anythign about, but Layla - just in case you were at a loss of Genshin over-worked hardworking characters that talk about working hard and are tired and hard working....

onzi9ffo9wl91.jpg

Really glad they are finally making a character with that archetype. Genshin was lacking in it for sure. Only 2/3 of the cast could be fit into that role previously. We need approximately 99.98% of all characters to be exactly that.

Who the heck is Mika? Who are all these characters? YaoYao as a 5 star? Seems unlikely but not unwelcome.
Mika is a new character that looks like a softer Bennett, a knight of Favonius previously out with Varka. Cryo Polearm, not sure of the rarity. I'll guess 4*.

YaoYao is likely 4* too, they're saying that for that patch in particular there will be no new 5*s, but instead a bunch of Liyue reruns for Lantern Rite.

Saber

Thats just sad. So much wait for Deyha for no reason.
Also I'm still wonder if the leak is even right about him being catalyst user, when the other dendro child and archon are both also catalyst. It would sound way too weird if they just drops a bunch of catalysts of the same element in such short time.

Last edited:
Top Bottom