• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 5.0 (Natlan) - Everything Changed When the Fire Nation Arrived

Fuz

Banned
Well, I need to stop playing.

Achievements.jpg

Pejo

Well, I need to stop playing.

Achievements.jpg
Child Devil GIF

So I caught up on the Seelie event, it looks like we might be able to buy more than one this time if we skip some of the other stuff in the shop? I bought the primos of course, but I am gonna wait and see if I have enough for 2 seelies instead of misc xp books and shit.

I'm happy to see Yoi there, but who really cares about these collabs. They're not available overseas and the rewards usually suck. If we could actually get those character skins in-game now that'd be noteworthy.

crumbs

Running into an issue with the new fungi activated vs scorched vs normal: lucked into Tighnari and his common material ascension & talent material is fungal spore/luminescent pollen/crystalline cyst dust. Thought I would have tons of this material because of the mushroom genocide I've been committing since Sumeru released, but instead I'm running out because most the fungal enemies I've killed have been activated or scorched, which causes them to drop a different material. So now I'm running around killing mushrooms with cryo and physical characters so that I don't accidentally activate the stupid fungi.

This seems counter-intuitive to have your first Dendro 5 star has ascension materials that discourage the player from using the new Dendro reactions.

Fuz

Banned
Running into an issue with the new fungi activated vs scorched vs normal: lucked into Tighnari and his common material ascension & talent material is fungal spore/luminescent pollen/crystalline cyst dust. Thought I would have tons of this material because of the mushroom genocide I've been committing since Sumeru released, but instead I'm running out because most the fungal enemies I've killed have been activated or scorched, which causes them to drop a different material. So now I'm running around killing mushrooms with cryo and physical characters so that I don't accidentally activate the stupid fungi.

This seems counter-intuitive to have your first Dendro 5 star has ascension materials that discourage the player from using the new Dendro reactions.
This is strange and I don't really get it.
I only see "inactive" spores drop, never seen anything else (I think, I'll check later), but my Sumeru team is Diluc/Raiden/Kazuha/Collei so...

crumbs

This is strange and I don't really get it.
I only see "inactive" spores drop, never seen anything else (I think, I'll check later), but my Sumeru team is Diluc/Raiden/Kazuha/Collei so...
If you use electro or pyro, you get this family of drops It's confusing (maybe a mistranslation?) since it says "inactivated fungal nucleus", but it won't drop unless you use electro (Activated) or pyro (Scorched).

If you don't activate/scorch them and the shrooms stay in their "normal' state (so using geo, cyro, physical), you get this family of drops. These have been available since the Chasm released and the first mushroom enemies were introduced. This is what Tighnari (and apparently Nilou) use for common ascension materials.

Fuz

Banned
If you use electro or pyro, you get this family of drops It's confusing (maybe a mistranslation?) since it says "inactivated fungal nucleus", but it won't drop unless you use electro (Activated) or pyro (Scorched).

If you don't activate/scorch them and the shrooms stay in their "normal' state (so using geo, cyro, physical), you get this family of drops. These have been available since the Chasm released and the first mushroom enemies were introduced. This is what Tighnari (and apparently Nilou) use for common ascension materials.
Spores.jpg

Mmmm, this is very confusing and needlessly convoluted. Another layer of annoyances. I really, really don't like this system.

I also BLOODY FUCKING HATE how all the quest/event mobs don't drop materials. Fucking mihoyo. They even doubled down on Sumeru, random event monsters in Mond/Lyiue used to drop them.
Fucking pieces of shit.

Pejo

Spores.jpg

Mmmm, this is very confusing and needlessly convoluted. Another layer of annoyances. I really, really don't like this system.

I also BLOODY FUCKING HATE how all the quest/event mobs don't drop materials. Fucking mihoyo. They even doubled down on Sumeru, random event monsters in Mond/Lyiue used to drop them.
Fucking pieces of shit.
Yea the random event stuff is bullshit. I can kinda understand when Commissions/quest monsters don't drop, otherwise there'd be a repeatable (yet onerous) way to infinitely spawn and farm them, but the random events cannot be respawned, so why?

Regarding the drops themselves, it would have been better if using Electro and Pyro gave EXTRA drops instead of mostly replacing the loot table. Give people a reason to get out there and use these new reactions and see how they affect enemies.

Dregnel

I've been talking about this since the early days of sumeru, this so retarded, i had to lv up my ningguang, all my dps are pyro or electro and my best supports are bennet, xing and yelan but they are water type, which takes you more time to kill these bastards, on top of that they fly.
If this isn't done on purpose to piss off the players then why?

Fuz

Banned
I have male traveler. Arakunti that little piece of shit refers to Nara Varuna as "her". Does he refers to Varuna as "him" when you have a female traveler?

I already know who she is, just curious about this little detail.

Fake

Gold Member
I was talking about MYH exploring ways of the player spend even more time inside in the game.

Making obstacles from farming, limiting the itens you need to workship/sigil. All to make players spend even more time.

I expect the next country to be even worst in this departament.

MHY's always talking about how they want to maintain the integrity of their characters and world, but what about all this collaborating then? Does it just not count because it's not in-game? Gimme that JK outfit for Ayaka.

Reactions: Fuz

BJK

For the number of times I’ve heard “The forest will remember,” or words to that effect….the forest sure seems to forget a whole lot.

Finally finished the archon story. Anyone else getting Nier: Automata -vibes from the singing bits? Maybe it’s just been too long since I played the other game, but I can’t shake the comparison in my head.

Dendro traveler up to 7/7/7 on talents, with a Favonius Sword. Forced 2-piece Dendro set bonus by giving her a physical attack goblet for the time being. Highlight of my limited time farming artifacts was a Crit rate helm from the Dendro set which managed to ignore the two bad stats & build Attack % or Energy Recharge all 5 times. Now I just need to find acceptable pieces of everything else.

Pejo

For the number of times I’ve heard “The forest will remember,” or words to that effect….the forest sure seems to forget a whole lot.

Finally finished the archon story. Anyone else getting Nier: Automata -vibes from the singing bits? Maybe it’s just been too long since I played the other game, but I can’t shake the comparison in my head.

Dendro traveler up to 7/7/7 on talents, with a Favonius Sword. Forced 2-piece Dendro set bonus by giving her a physical attack goblet for the time being. Highlight of my limited time farming artifacts was a Crit rate helm from the Dendro set which managed to ignore the two bad stats & build Attack % or Energy Recharge all 5 times. Now I just need to find acceptable pieces of everything else.
Glad to see somebody building Dendro Traveler. I'd like to hear impressions after you have her built out and play around with her a bit. Which team are you using her on?

For as much as I like the Genshin soundtrack, they don't hit the highs of Nier, and though there are a lot more songs, they're mostly less memorable. I'd love to see more vocal tracks in the game though, even if they're ambient vocals.

So I have been saving my currency to buy a few Seelies instead of the mora/xp books until I hovered over the seelie in the shop menu only to see "you can only purchase 1 of them". Stupid.

Guess there's no reason to hoard the currency after all.

Collei is quickly becoming one of my favorite characters in the game. Her EN VA is actually fantastic for getting her trauma and stuff through on just a handful of voice lines too. Great design, great backstory, great characterization with a complex story, fun kit. It'd be nice if we actually saw progression of her illness whether that's to get better or get worse, and had a resolution sometime before the Sumeru chapter.

That's one thing about this type of game and the never-ending release of new characters, we never really see the characters that we have really grow or advance their own stories. We usually just get throwaway voicelines in events that take their 1-2 characteristics and shove them in your face for a few minutes. Shame too, a few of the characters could really have some interesting stories if they were allowed screentime. Shenhe, Collei, Eula, all of the Archons, Rosaria all have weaknesses, things from their past that haunt them etc. Even the blondie sisters (Barbara/Jean) have some shit in their past that is never really explored outside of their character profiles. About the only characters that got a decent amount of content towards them were Albedo, Kazuha, and Xiao. Hopefully we've seen the last of Kaz for a while. I like him, but they've really stretched out his paper thin story of his clan and swords. Albedo's backstory and current story at least advances the world lore and plot quite a bit.

Saber

Glad to see somebody building Dendro Traveler. I'd like to hear impressions after you have her built out and play around with her a bit. Which team are you using her on?

Errr...me? I said before Sumeru I would build Dendro Traveler for reactions since Dendro itself didn't interest me for damage other than reactions.

As for my impressions, mix bag. I like his Skill since it reminds me of Kaeya Skill and it has kinda of mid-short delay, though its hard for hitting enemies on different elevations.
Elemental burst its what I get for true Dendro reactions, either activating its Hydro form or Electro form(both Fishlz and Barbara can activate with no problems). Dendro Traveler is now fully Burst crown, is equipped with a 5 star weapon (the one with EM substat) and has a full ER artifact set for easier Burst spam(it has a whooping 80 energy after all).

The only real problem I have is that I'm not sure if those scales are right. You see, I deal between 10~16k damage from his skill, but when I activate his burst with pyro, the damage is something like 17k? Not a huge difference. Also his burst does not work well with Ruin Dragon(or whatever), the thing is a coward and has tendency of moving alot, enought to get away from the aoe of his burst.

He still totally miles way better than Electro Traveler(another character I maxed). That guy is really bad, he is made into a support with no damage or scales to even support properlly. His burst skill duration is horrible, whoever made him probably was simping Shogun 24/7 as it kinda refects her second-hand character(which is very bad as well).

If theres anything to complain about that is that Dendro cores themselves are too much of lost potential for damage if you leave them there. And its perhaps way too focused in reactions.

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
Anyone has any idea what this circle is? Just appeared there out of thin air:

Boh.jpg

I have no quest there (I'm only miss closing the festival) and I have done all bounties already.

Edit: NVM it's the seelie
NZZ89.gif

Last edited:

Pejo

Yeah, same happened to me. Damn, this event is tedious. I'm not even doing daily.
It's actually kinda clever, they are taking us to places we don't directly visit/run through during our story/world quests. Each day I've run into 5+ chests that I didn't see while doing these seelie things.

deanote666

To be fair, they don't have the sense of taste so they're just guessing a lot of the time based on what (sibling) taught them.
The fact the recipe you get has nothing to do with soup though...

Helped Arakasha make soup.

Got a recipe for salad...

Saber

It's actually kinda clever, they are taking us to places we don't directly visit/run through during our story/world quests. Each day I've run into 5+ chests that I didn't see while doing these seelie things.

I don't see that. What I see is some silly energy hunt event, that ends up with the sellie throw its energy around so you have to collect them again.

I'm gonna give MHY some credit for trying to change things up for the Seelie event. No, it's not perfect but at least it's better than walking around waiting for a white dot to grow bigger. I also think it's smart that all of the events up 'till now have been in the world, urging you to explore the immediate area like Pejo Pejo said.

Last edited:

crumbs

My thoughts in Tighnari so far:

- His charged-shot playstyle is different from Ganyu. The second phase of his charged shot takes longer than Ganyu's (his C6 speeds this up by 0.9sec), so it's not really viable on it's own. Instead, his skill (which also works as a taunt) allows you to fire off 3 second phase charged shots, which are visually indicated by these little green things that float over his shoulder.
- Fortunately, his skill and burst have short cooldowns, plus he only needs 40 energy for his burst, so you can work both of them frequently.
- I've only built him to lvl70 due to a lack of time to hunt nilotpata lotus while still completing the dozens of korok quests. He holds up better than expected, but dendro basically requires an electro character. I've paired him with Keqing to make up for his lower damage against WL8 enemies, but the plan is to eventually pair him with Fishl as an off-field electro. I see people recommending double electro, but I don't have another off-field electro, so I maybe go double dendro with Collei and either Kazuha to swirl electro or Zhongli for shields (plus geo won't mess up the dendro+ electro reactions). I may also play around with a bloom team down the road.
- His passive that identifies the Sumeru local specialties was worth the 10 wishes by itself.
- Currently, I have a 4pc Wanders troupe (EM + Dendro DMG + Crit Rate), but may swap this out for either of the new sets from the Sumeru domain. I guess it's somewhat convenient to have a reason to use both sets from a domain.
- I'm also deciding on a weapon. I have equipped him with a lvl 90 r4 prototype crescent that I used on Ganyu way back in the v1 days, but the artk% substat isn't all that useful and the weakpoint passive is a pain to consistently trigger. I'm thinking of switching him to the Windblume Ode for the EM substat, or grabbing the BP bow for CR (at least the color scheme matches). Either would give me some artifact flexibility.

My opinion is likely colored by the fact that I didn't have to spend many wishes to acquire Tighnari, but I've been pleased with his playstyle so far. I'm also glad to have a reason to break out some of the electro characters that haven't seen much use.

Pejo

Chongus' birthday art. I don't like this pose, it reminds me of that uncomfortable look when someone's standing at a urinal and they look back at you.

FcBVgf1XkAAfY50.jpg

Pejo

Fuz Fuz
Making some progress, still don't have the unicorn mount though. You been doing the race event? It's kinda fun, if buggy and glitchy.
RD9CTy6.jpg

KFMnzFe.png

Fuz

Banned
Fuz Fuz
Making some progress, still don't have the unicorn mount though. You been doing the race event? It's kinda fun, if buggy and glitchy.
RD9CTy6.jpg

KFMnzFe.png
The 2nd part of the shop isn't yet open for me... do I need to purchase other stuff first?
scratch.gif

I tried the race and it sucks bad. From timing to bugs, to checkpoints... it's a disaster. Kind of a fun disaster toh.
I miss 100% in Banges and Warren, and since Sumeru is here I haven't finished the story in the Tower of Fantasy zone, just started exploring it a bit. Dailies steal too much of play time in ToF.

Last edited:

crumbs

So for the "Starry Night" sub-quest that is part of one of the Aranara quests (it's the quest that gives you the kusava gadget):

You encounter Eremites that steal the mcguffin quest item after you break its seal. When you exit the cave and catch them, you can negotiate with them or attack them. I chose to fight because the quest was already starting to drag. What happens if you chose to negotiate? Does it actually matter or do you end up fighting them anyway?

Fuz

Banned
So for the "Starry Night" sub-quest that is part of one of the Aranara quests (it's the quest that gives you the kusava gadget):

You encounter Eremites that steal the mcguffin quest item after you break its seal. When you exit the cave and catch them, you can negotiate with them or attack them. I chose to fight because the quest was already starting to drag. What happens if you chose to negotiate? Does it actually matter or do you end up fighting them anyway?
I suspect it's another classic mihoyo fake choice.

Besides, why would anyone have any reason to negotiate?

Edit: cleared the fish shop.
tXaDc.gif

Last edited:

Pejo

The 2nd part of the shop isn't yet open for me... do I need to purchase other stuff first?
scratch.gif

I tried the race and it sucks bad. From timing to bugs, to checkpoints... it's a disaster. Kind of a fun disaster toh.
I miss 100% in Banges and Warren, and since Sumeru is here I haven't finished the story in the Tower of Fantasy zone, just started exploring it a bit. Dailies steal too much of play time in ToF.
The tooltip said part 2 of the store didn't open until the 8th, but for some reason it was open for me so I bought stuff. You see they're finally banning the cheaters? 3000 users just today. And yea, the jank is part of the reason i love the game so much. It really gives me old F2P MMO feelings. There's something fun about it being broken, it feels like the wild west. It's been tough juggling both Genshin and ToF, but I am still enjoying both.

I fought them too. I know another quest in the Aranara questline actually DOES have different options if you fight vs. talk it out though, regarding the undercover Fatui spy in that village with the kids.

So I happened upon some more Genshin.... cosplay we'll call it. It was actually VERY difficult to find something I could even link that was even mildly GAF safe. I encourage a risky click if you're interested, she does Yelan/Yae/Eula/Several Ganyu outfits/etc.

crumbs

I fought them too. I know another quest in the Aranara questline actually DOES have different options if you fight vs. talk it out though, regarding the undercover Fatui spy in that village with the kids.
Interesting. I haven't reached that point, but the spoiler isn't too surprising.

So I happened upon some more Genshin.... cosplay we'll call it. It was actually VERY difficult to find something I could even link that was even mildly GAF safe. I encourage a risky click if you're interested, she does Yelan/Yae/Eula/Several Ganyu outfits/etc.

New York Reaction GIF by NBA

I suspect it's another classic mihoyo fake choice.

Besides, why would anyone have any reason to negotiate?
That's my stance, as well. Why negotiate when I have actual gods on my team? Just hand over the magical plant-thing or my friend will drop a meteor on your head.

Pejo

That's neat...

If you go back to where the new "seed" is a few days after completing the questline, it actually starts growing. Above ground there's also a new quest that spawns related to the abyss and the ground is slowly turning more green. Pretty cool.

9DFl6U6.jpg

Also you can now hide your personal info (ID and stuff) in the screenshot options. Good shit.

Reactions: BJK
So is Tighnari's materials easier to get if you don't use pyro/electro on mushroom enemies? All this time I've been playing Sumeru with those and I have barely any materials left now to start on his talents after leveling him up

Pejo

So is Tighnari's materials easier to get if you don't use pyro/electro on mushroom enemies? All this time I've been playing Sumeru with those and I have barely any materials left now to start on his talents after leveling him up
Yep, there's always a chance that the base materials drop, so you'll still get a few, but if you use the other elements the loot pool is ONLY the drops that Tighnari needs. Freeze teams are pretty effective at farming the shrooms to keep them from fucking off into the sky.

*edit*

Damn you waterboi...
od44cdnackm91.jpg

Kokomi's 4*s are the same, obviously.

Well here's hoping I can get in, get a Dori, and get out before hitting pity. Not sure if I want to aim for Cyno or Nilou, but either way I don't need Ganyu constellations. She's better than the AWFUL Kokomi constellations though, and that's coming from someone that likes her.

I managed to "win" the gamble on the Itto banner and got Shinobu C2 without hitting pity, let's see if I can get lucky again. I'm on the guaranteed limited character, so I really don't want to waste it.

Last edited:

Saber

Wish to get Sucrose cons, but my luck on banner is absolute hideous. Its better if I don't try any and save for other characters.

Top Bottom