• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 5.0 (Natlan) - Everything Changed When the Fire Nation Arrived

crumbs

Damn you waterboi...
od44cdnackm91.jpg

Kokomi's 4*s are the same, obviously.

Well here's hoping I can get in, get a Dori, and get out before hitting pity. Not sure if I want to aim for Cyno or Nilou, but either way I don't need Ganyu constellations. She's better than the AWFUL Kokomi constellations though, and that's coming from someone that likes her.

I managed to "win" the gamble on the Itto banner and got Shinobu C2 without hitting pity, let's see if I can get lucky again. I'm on the guaranteed limited character, so I really don't want to waste it.
Hmm, that's not too bad. I'm going for Kokomi, so I'm glad to see a banner with 4 stars that I haven't already C6'd.

Xingqiu is at C3, but I'm surprised I don't have more of his cons considering the banners I've pulled on in the past.
Sucrose is C4 and I wouldn't mind her cons.
Dori feels more and more like an end-of-the-bench type of character, but we'll see how she plays first.

Fake

Gold Member
Yep, there's always a chance that the base materials drop, so you'll still get a few, but if you use the other elements the loot pool is ONLY the drops that Tighnari needs. Freeze teams are pretty effective at farming the shrooms to keep them from fucking off into the sky.

*edit*

Damn you waterboi...
od44cdnackm91.jpg

Kokomi's 4*s are the same, obviously.

Well here's hoping I can get in, get a Dori, and get out before hitting pity. Not sure if I want to aim for Cyno or Nilou, but either way I don't need Ganyu constellations. She's better than the AWFUL Kokomi constellations though, and that's coming from someone that likes her.

I managed to "win" the gamble on the Itto banner and got Shinobu C2 without hitting pity, let's see if I can get lucky again. I'm on the guaranteed limited character, so I really don't want to waste it.

Can't believe they're forcing me to pull one last Xingu.

Pejo

Can't believe they're forcing me to pull one last Xingu.
They literally have their figurative gun to your head.

Dregnel Dregnel R Reizo Ryuu
  • Farmable Sushang (S rank war treasury fist user ice support)
  • Bunch of materials and stuff
  • Mobius costume login event
  • MoMobius stig - love the design so much....
Also we get the Eden/Aponia swimuits and Durandal PE gets a new skin too. Probably 1 event skin and the other 2 paid or gacha or something.

g71u3difwmm91.jpg

Sushang gifs - can't wait to see that ult hit for like only 40k when it looks like a god damn planet smasher:
jbtcgj44bmm91.gif

l0t65ue4bmm91.gif

sjjjacr4bmm91.gif

t8gij705bmm91.gif

Last edited:

Pejo

Unless Nilou banner came with Xingu too.

Decisions... What should I do?
If you don't have Kokomi, I would roll her banner. She's unique as an AoE Hydro applicator that's also one of the best healers. This is just going to get more important if you want to play Nilou or future Dendro bloom/hyperbloom characters.

Fake

Gold Member
If you don't have Kokomi, I would roll her banner. She's unique as an AoE Hydro applicator that's also one of the best healers. This is just going to get more important if you want to play Nilou or future Dendro bloom/hyperbloom characters.

Is there any site to check my pity?

I gonna use everything I got on Nilou, just like I did with Chield.

Pejo

Is there any site to check my pity?

I gonna use everything I got on Nilou, just like I did with Chield.
You can check pity right in the game, or use paimon.moe (website) to import your wish history, but it's kinda sketchy.

Pejo

Well, apparently a guy that drew a pretty spot-on Ayato before release just released these arts of "Kaveh", a new character with "about" voicelines from Cyno and others.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Fuz

Pejo

I don't really have an opinion one way or the other, it looks like an Otome character, so I'm sure the fujo contingent is happy. Also, their male characters are starting to all look the same to me. Here's a "different" character from Honkai Star Rail:
honkai-star-rail-luocha.jpg

What do you guys think of this Fayz event? I don't like that it's only trial characters, I don't like that the teams are pre-decided, and I don't' like the awkward combat freeze during combat for the picture taking or whatever. Not one of my favorite combat events for sure.

I don't really have an opinion one way or the other, it looks like an Otome character, so I'm sure the fujo contingent is happy. Also, their male characters are starting to all look the same to me.
Exactly, they all look like characters made for women. That's fine, but it means I ain't interested in any of them.

What do you guys think of this Fayz event? I don't like that it's only trial characters, I don't like that the teams are pre-decided, and I don't' like the awkward combat freeze during combat for the picture taking or whatever. Not one of my favorite combat events for sure.
I threw up a little in my mouth when I saw water boy in the team. Thought I did something wrong and quit out. Horrible event already just from that.

Pejo

Time to head over to r/TighnariMains and maybe find some tips on building him. Let's see what the first post is:

Sad The Wonder Years GIF by ABC Network

Never mind...

mom son GIF

Meanwhile /r/Ambermains

1VEp4J8.jpg

*edit*

Also hmm, if this is true, I might be on a skipperooni with this upcoming banner...
d2teqs83ipm91.jpg

Last edited:

deanote666

That's neat...

If you go back to where the new "seed" is a few days after completing the questline, it actually starts growing. Above ground there's also a new quest that spawns related to the abyss and the ground is slowly turning more green. Pretty cool.

9DFl6U6.jpg

Also you can now hide your personal info (ID and stuff) in the screenshot options. Good shit.
The camera in the Paimon menu? That option isn't new or are you talking about a different one?

Pejo

So, Dori will be free at 3.2?

Is her kit that bad?
Seems objectively worse than Shinobu in just about any metric, but my guess is that her kit is custom tailored to a future character that they're going to release. It seems that 4*s are getting more and more ultra-niche and meant to work with only 1-2 teams max anymore.

*edit*

This just in, in "how could anybody possibly know this already?" news:

yrdl5hrxdpm91.jpg

tpeuzpkxdpm91.jpg

I hope it's wrong as fuck after Kusanali and we get Dehya in 3.3 instead of Douchenozzle.

Last edited:
I doubt they're able to accurately predict banners that far off (3.8 is almost a year away, no?) but yeah that doesn't look too exciting to me. Those reruns get less and less interesting as time goes by. Dedicated players probably have close to everything they want already, and unless you're whaling you're probably not interested in cons. They need to release new characters quicker and implement a new system to obtain older ones.

Pejo

Well would you look at that, MHY finally made a real actual swimsuit in one of their games. Genshin next (not likely)
dee9387709e3a288e19ac3a6a8efc12f_4110788597824960570.gif

Fake

Gold Member
Well would you look at that, MHY finally made a real actual swimsuit in one of their games. Genshin next (not likely)
dee9387709e3a288e19ac3a6a8efc12f_4110788597824960570.gif

Thats pretty I must say.
I doubt they're able to accurately predict banners that far off (3.8 is almost a year away, no?) but yeah that doesn't look too exciting to me. Those reruns get less and less interesting as time goes by. Dedicated players probably have close to everything they want already, and unless you're whaling you're probably not interested in cons. They need to release new characters quicker and implement a new system to obtain older ones.

Thats what happen with late game. Everyone start to have anything, so the company start to split in the old players and begin to appeal to the new one.

Maybe explain why they want the Sumeru plot to finish still this year. Not to mention we gonna get new gancha weapons since the beta.

Again, is inevitable their start to take this game to a new route just to get new players. Thats my most fear.

Pejo

Don't care much for Dori, but I thought it was interesting that they had Alice narrate this instead of Dain.

Yeesh, the best part of that video was the Alice lore that we got. They are so aware that Dori's kit sucks that they actually start the video out showing her crafting passive. The chain lamp thing would be a cool mechanic, and would add a layer of strategy to the battle.... if Shinobu didn't already exist and do the exact thing on an elemental skill (instead of an 80 energy burst wtf) and not need to worry about positioning at all. This character kit is pretty bad. I was really hoping her burst would go down to 40 or at least 60. 80 is pants-on-head retarded for what it does and considering you need to be aware of positioning to even apply electro. Honey Impact has her energy regeneration set to 2.4 at max level (without constellations) but it doesn't say the frequency that it applies. It also doesn't mention if it's the whole party or just the on-field character. If it's the whole party, it could be salvaged, but then I remember that this is MHY, and there's no way they'd give us something good like that. Either way, it sounds like she wants a Favonius Greatsword since she's a worthless party member without her burst ready at all times. I still want a copy to mess around with, but yea, this looks like another wet fart character.

Pejo Pejo

Ugh, more Bronya.... there's like 20 of them in the game already. I like APHO Bronya and HB, but they need to stop for a while. Where's my damn captainverse Himeko already you fucks.

*edit*

Looks like Honkai is Fall Guys now (in 6.1).
osv8bbq5csm91.png

Last edited:

crumbs

Yeesh, the best part of that video was the Alice lore that we got. They are so aware that Dori's kit sucks that they actually start the video out showing her crafting passive. The chain lamp thing would be a cool mechanic, and would add a layer of strategy to the battle.... if Shinobu didn't already exist and do the exact thing on an elemental skill (instead of an 80 energy burst wtf) and not need to worry about positioning at all. This character kit is pretty bad. I was really hoping her burst would go down to 40 or at least 60. 80 is pants-on-head retarded for what it does and considering you need to be aware of positioning to even apply electro. Honey Impact has her energy regeneration set to 2.4 at max level (without constellations) but it doesn't say the frequency that it applies. It also doesn't mention if it's the whole party or just the on-field character. If it's the whole party, it could be salvaged, but then I remember that this is MHY, and there's no way they'd give us something good like that. Either way, it sounds like she wants a Favonius Greatsword since she's a worthless party member without her burst ready at all times. I still want a copy to mess around with, but yea, this looks like another wet fart character.
I guess not all electro characters will be saved by Dendro.

Her burst healing is single target, so I assume the burst ER will also be single target. I can see why they're ok with giving her away for free in 3.2

Pejo

Make me wonder if Dori would be better as dendro.
Yes, if just by virtue of being another Dendro and a healer. Right now we only have 3 Dendro characters and they're all sub-optimal DPS, so a full support Dendro that opens up the reactions would have been much better. I'm still hoping that Yaoyao is a healer, even though they're probably going to just funnel it into Dr. Snek.

Saber

Perhaps. A dendro healer/AOE dendro applicator would be really useful, but that sounds more like a dendro Kokomi than Dori. Actually, I'm kinda hoping that Nahida fits this role.

I agree with my brother, but as a point that the update itself start terribly with just 3 dendros. It should be way more, even if they didn't have their own banners.

Pejo

Perhaps. A dendro healer/AOE dendro applicator would be really useful, but that sounds more like a dendro Kokomi than Dori. Actually, I'm kinda hoping that Nahida fits this role.
I hope at the very least Nahida is the queen of dendro application similar to how Shogun was for Electro. In the future, I want to see a true Dendro DPS character. I guess Tighnari might fit the role if he's built up enough, but I didn't enjoy his kit. Dendro Keqing would be something I'm interested in. Spread works exactly the same way as Aggravate does, but has a higher multiplier. The difference is that Keqing will trigger Hyperbloom with her autos, while a Dendro main carry will not. You'd need a pulsing Electro character like Shogun/Shinobu to launch the Dendro missiles, which isn't a negative since you need Electro for Quicken status anyways.

The longer I experiment with it, the more I like Dendro. There are lots of different applications and uses for it. I was pissing around with Diluc/Zhongli/Collei/Kokomi one day, and god damn if Burgeon wasn't quite a bit of fun. You'd just shield up, hit Kokomi's jellyfish, throw Collei's boomerang, get lots of little bloom sprouts popping up then just pull the trigger with Diluc's skill and it was a big satisfying explosion. If you really went full EM on a Pyro character with a big single hit skill, I could see Burgeon being a lot of fun to set up and explode. Maybe someday I'll piss with full EM Yanfei since her skill is just a single hit nuke and I'm not using her for anything else at the moment.

Saber

Tbh that little smurfs village soundtrack is nice.
Until I reach the part where they start that stupid lalala retard kid sound. I was like, why the hell did you guys ruined this climatic music by putting this stupid vocal on it?

Pejo

Tbh that little smurfs village soundtrack is nice.
Until I reach the part where they start that stupid lalala retard kid sound. I was like, why the hell did you guys ruined this climatic music by putting this stupid vocal on it?
Well after the event, it becomes dynamic and only 'lala's at one part when you get close to that gate. When you're just running around the dream city it's still just instrumental.

Saber

Well after the event, it becomes dynamic and only 'lala's at one part when you get close to that gate. When you're just running around the dream city it's still just instrumental.

I know and thats why I avoid that part. It was a stupid idea that serves no purpose.
Even the music from the story itself sounds better, because it really sounds like they were doing a coral.

Pejo

I know and thats why I avoid that part. It was a stupid idea that serves no purpose.
Even the music from the story itself sounds better, because it really sounds like they were doing a coral.
I really like the main theme of the port town to the south of Sumeru. Kinda reminds you of a pirate-y song. That one and the Jazz version of the Sumeru tune that plays in the restaurant. I actually have that song for my teapot, but I don't know where I picked it up.

*edit*

This is the one from the port that I like:

Last edited:

Fake

Gold Member
I expecting Dr. Baizhu to be the best dendro applier.

But seeing Dori kit I kinda agree she could be a better char using dendro since there are no dendro healers at the moment.

crumbs

I really like the main theme of the port town to the south of Sumeru. Kinda reminds you of a pirate-y song. That one and the Jazz version of the Sumeru tune that plays in the restaurant. I actually have that song for my teapot, but I don't know where I picked it up.

*edit*

This is the one from the port that I like:

I have this playing in my teapot as well.

For those looking for it, I think that Spin crystal is on some crates near the toy store (from Aranara toy portion of event) in Port Ormos. If you're looking at the store front, head to the right, should be on that level.

Edit: It should be this one, if you need better directions.

Last edited:

Pejo

So apparently there's a HoYoLab event going on right now, for some in-game rewards including 60 primos. it's been going for about 2 weeks already, and this is the first I heard about it. If you do today and tomorrow then you should have enough points to still get the primos.

That said, it's a LOT of effort to just get 60 fucking primos, so...

While I was fulfilling some of the requirements to get points, I had to go look at some posts and like them, and I found this..... this... I dunno what to call it.

wFpIqkj.jpg

crumbs

So apparently there's a HoYoLab event going on right now, for some in-game rewards including 60 primos. it's been going for about 2 weeks already, and this is the first I heard about it. If you do today and tomorrow then you should have enough points to still get the primos.

[/URL]

While I was fulfilling some of the requirements to get points, I had to go look at some posts and like them, and I found this..... this... I dunno what to call it.

wFpIqkj.jpg

This is the vibe I'm getting from whoever created that room:

feet roommate GIF

Fuz

Banned

WTF is "publish 1 post under today's topic"? Comment and new posts doesn't work.

Man that site is one of the fucking worst designed sites I've even seen, worse than the 90s geocities.

Top Bottom