• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 5.0 (Natlan) - Everything Changed When the Fire Nation Arrived

Pejo

WTF is "publish 1 post under today's topic"? Comment and new posts doesn't work.

Man that site is one of the fucking worst designed sites I've even seen, worse than the 90s geocities.
Today it seems to be some Kokomi event, so you click the "go" button then make a post about Kokomi and inclue that tag I think, I didn't bother with that one, too much work. And yea, that site sucks.

• Triggered
Reactions: Fuz

Fuz

Banned
Today it seems to be some Kokomi event, so you click the "go" button then make a post about Kokomi and inclue that tag I think, I didn't bother with that one, too much work. And yea, that site sucks.
No, I solved it: you need to "join" the trending topic then click the pencil in the bottom right corner to create a spam thread.

I don't know why they keep pushing their social platform, but I did it for the primos. If you do everything today, you can also attempt the "sow seed" thing at the bottom with 30 of your points (and still have 100 for the primos tomorrow). I didn't get shit though.

Fake

Gold Member
So, lets check again.

- Colei is free on the event, will be in permanent banner and for free as a Abyss reward (who already beat abyss 4/5 will get her as soon as login, if leakers are real).
- Dori will be free in 3.2 and will be in permanent banner.
- Tig will be in the permanent banner as same as Dilluc/Jean

edit: Another point to make. MYH lesson learned from Inazuma. Wish they gave some Inazuma chars for free when the region launch.

Inazuma IMO is already a mix bag region compared with all the others already. No free chars, bunch of tiny isles, rushed second act quest... Hope we can put Inazuma to rest.

I don't know why they keep pushing their social platform, but I did it for the primos. If you do everything today, you can also attempt the "sow seed" thing at the bottom with 30 of your points (and still have 100 for the primos tomorrow). I didn't get shit though.

The team behind those social are probably to blame.
When GI begin, some interactive websites events are cool and you don't even forced to QR code.

Me for example, just open GI on my PS4, click in the webevent and the PS4 already login in the browser. I remember begin pretty nice playing the Chield/Zongli webevent.

Last edited:

deanote666

WTF is "publish 1 post under today's topic"? Comment and new posts doesn't work.

Man that site is one of the fucking worst designed sites I've even seen, worse than the 90s geocities.
Click the link. In the bottom right, click the pen to do a new post. For category, choose genshin and then daily sharing.

At 70 pulls on guaranteed banner 5*. No Dori. Going to take your guy's word for it that we'll get a free copy. Going to hold off till the dendro archon.

Ganyu, Kokomi still C0.

Last edited:

crumbs

Had pretty good luck on Kokomi's banner today. I was able to win the 50/50 for her at around 50 pulls. Also ended up with 3 Xingqiu cons (now at C6) and a Sucrose con (C5). Best of all: no Dori :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Also, this new combat event is a drag. 1. It's awkward how you need to interrupt the combat to freeze and highlight weak points. 2. I don't mind that we have to use their trial characters, but I hate not being able to pick which slot the characters are placed in. For example, Kokomi is in the first two trials, but they place her in different slots for each trial. Plus I usually place my own characters in the same slots, so having them moved around messes up the flow.

Pejo

In and out in a single 10x pull, guaranteed pity still intact. That's what I like to see.

BQmVAG1.png

I didn't have any of the ascension materials, so I could only get her to level 40 for now. After using her Burst, if she stays on the field, she gets about 1/3 of her burst refunded, which works out to about 26 energy at level 1 talents. Not sure if ER plays into it or not. Also had double electro in the party so that might be affecting it. If she was off field, she didn't get any energy charge from the lamp, but her Favonius greatsword still created the particles if an enemy got critted by the electro line. I'll obviously need to do more testing here, but I think the bottom line is that you have to absolutely stack her with ER and probably run 2x Electro to see any value out of her as a healer. Her heal ticks were actually pretty strong considering her low character level, level 1 artifact/weapon/talents. She was doing around 1.3k per tick with zero investment in her. The range of the genie lamp is absolutely awful. Needlessly so, I think.

Her C2 makes her a much better electro applicator, and her C6 actually makes her into almost a whole new character. She gets infusion and the attacking character actually ends up healing the entire party, so you can turn any carry into a healer, which is even better (for the whole party) than Qiqi's seal. That's why I didn't mind rolling for her despite the rumors of a freebie. At C6 she sounds very viable, provided you have good uptime on her Burst. C6 Dori + Dendro Traveler sounds like a really strong duo, at least on paper.

I was hoping I could use the Bell with her since it's really nice aesthetically, but she absolutely needs an ER Substat weapon. Favonius seems to be the best for the particles that charge the party.

*edit*

Uh oh, they're re-drip marketing YaoYao. Lantern rite freebie maybe?

Last edited:

Saber

In and out in a single 10x pull, guaranteed pity still intact. That's what I like to see.

Uh oh, they're re-drip marketing YaoYao. Lantern rite freebie maybe?

Maybe she will get her own model(like Baizhu) at the event? Or maybe she already have those from very old leaks, I dunno. Seems like the first time they ever promoted her.

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
but I hate not being able to pick which slot the characters are placed in.
Thank god I'm not the only one bothered by this.
I'm very specific with my positions (DPS-heal/subdps-support-archer) that it makes me constatly click the wrong character. Annoying AF.

crumbs

So for Kokomi, what are you guys using for artifacts? From my current inventory, I can probably put together "good enough" sets for both the Clam and Tenacity sets. Plan is to use her in a freeze team, but also use her in a dendro bloom team. I have her equipped with a prototype amber, but also have the Trilling Tales available.

Thank god I'm not the only one bothered by this.
I'm very specific with my positions (DPS-heal/subdps-support-archer) that it makes me constatly click the wrong character. Annoying AF.

This event is really easy (watch it get much harder now that I jinxed it) once you get into a rhythm with the weak point mechanic, the only challenge is coming from the random character slot placement. It's a lame way to add difficulty to an event.

Last edited:

Pejo

So for Kokomi, what are you guys using for artifacts? From my current inventory, I can probably put together "good enough" sets for both the Clam and Tenacity sets. Plan is to use her in a freeze team, but also use her in a dendro bloom team. I have her equipped with a prototype amber, but also have the Trilling Tales available.
I've been running her with Millelith since I got her on the first banner, with her donut as the weapon. Thrilling Tales is a nice buff, but it only works for the very next character you switch in, and for Kokomi (more than Barbara) I find myself doing fast switching back and forth since I use her in Freeze and Dendro teams like you described. Prototype Amber is a good F2P option though.

If you are planning on using her on-field at all, I'm sure that Clam set is strong, like as a driver for a taser team or maybe in the future for Nilou megabloom. I literally only ever use her burst to extend the jellyfish and swap her back out though. I hate her auto attacks and the zero crit thing is annoying.

Pejo

w3cT8Dk.png

*edit*

I blame most of this on the fact that her constellations are pure trash, some of the worst in the game. I see zero reason to ever try to get more than C0 with her which kills any serious money making potential on her banner. MHY should not be rewarded for the -100% crit and awful cons, so this works out about right IMO. She's a really good healer/AoE Hydro applicator with just awful everything else.

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
w3cT8Dk.png

*edit*

I blame most of this on the fact that her constellations are pure trash, some of the worst in the game. I see zero reason to ever try to get more than C0 with her which kills any serious money making potential on her banner. MHY should not be rewarded for the -100% crit and awful cons, so this works out about right IMO. She's a really good healer/AoE Hydro applicator with just awful everything else.
Bruh, are you kidding? NOT having game changing constellations is GOOD.

Those things are kind of useless.
It's only China (and they're notorious pervs and have them already) and only iOS. It gives a skewed view on it. Still want to see them toh don't get me wrong

Last edited:

Pejo

Bruh, are you kidding? NOT having game changing constellations is GOOD.
Oh yea, from a player standpoint I agree, but from a banner profit angle, it explains quite a bit about why a lot of people have her (like nearly 50% usage in abyss 9-12), but her banners always suck, earnings-wise. If her C2 would extend her jellyfish by like 3-6 seconds, I might have been tempted, which is kinda crazy when you think about how little they would have had to do to make me spend more primos.

*edit*

These poorly written/translated NPC character interaction stories have their own charm sometimes. They're never good or interesting, but I've had a few laughs:
Gto2mv8.jpg

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned

6A6VJTWGCPYV​

Saw this on miho forums, posted today, already used for me but you never know.
These poorly written/translated NPC character interaction stories have their own charm sometimes. They're never good or interesting, but I've had a few laughs:
Gto2mv8.jpg
I hate their spam tbh. Makes me not want to level their friendship. Tsubasa maxed, fuck her email spam.

Anyway, next one is Claudia. I can finally pull and complete my Sephiroth
2Rce3.gif

Last edited:

Pejo

6A6VJTWGCPYV​

Saw this on miho forums, posted today, already used for me but you never know.

I hate their spam tbh. Makes me not want to level their friendship. Tsubasa maxed, fuck her email spam.

Anyway, next one is Claudia. I can finally pull and complete my Sephiroth
2Rce3.gif
I've been enjoying Frost, but I really need a breaker weapon like Meryl. I do great damage for the 4 seconds until the enemies shield up, then I spend the next minute trying to take the shield down. Wish they'd toss us another selector right about now..

Hopefully when the new area opens up I can get her on my next gold nucleus pity, i'm about 50 off though, so...

Claudia looks cool, but apparently she gets powercrept pretty hard (in CN). They haven't been against rebalancing in GL so far, but they haven't done a great job of it, IMO. Still, if all you want is a single copy to get the edgelord look, then it's an easy decision. I'll probably try to get her as well, but only because I want an eventual physical team with her/Shiro.

*edit*

Say hi to your new "knight" of Favonius. God damn I hate these type of characters.

04xnq9du32n91.jpg

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
Yeah I want her just for the katana and the moveset seems cool. After that, I don't know if I should go for Ruby (fire resonance with King, but I hate both her and her weapon) o Marcus (which might not appear in the west - for physical resonance). I was also eyeing Saki because her weapon look really cool, but she's tank -_- although she has frost resonance and that's always good.
Also got the voyager vehicle yesterday, been farming for a while, my favourite among the (ugly) vehicles we have now.
Edit: just checked, I was wrong, Marc has no resonance.
*edit*

Say hi to your new "knight" of Favonius. God damn I hate these type of characters.

04xnq9du32n91.jpg

I can already see all the "I wanna stroke his tuft", "I wanna peg him" posts in the subreddit.
Fucking degenerates, where's the CCP when you need it?

Last edited:

Fake

Gold Member
2 set hydro bonus and 2 set max hp for it?

I using for Yelan, but can't say about Kokomi? Full healers are not my departament, just like Geo chars.

Hydro chars are not so hard to make a build, unless Chield.

edit: If I would guess, either Baizhu or the Baobao kid will be the surprise this version, maybe like Aloy?

Because the next dendro will take some time to show up. People having a hard time with dendro puzzles using Traveler dendro, so they're forced to use Collei. They really should make more Dendro users.

Last edited:

Pejo

So in thinking about the impending anniversary, let's have a look at what Honkai got for their 2nd anni. I'll give a summary at the end for Genshin equivalents, if there are any. Keep in mind, this was 4 years ago, when the landscape of gacha was very different. Freebies didn't necessarily have to be as good because there weren't as many options. Also Honkai wasn't a billion dollar franchise in its 2nd year, so it's not really comparing apples to apples. Still worth thinking about to consider what we might be looking at this year. There's no way they repeat last year again, so I expect something, but if it's something good or not remains to be seen.

91392666_536408190351391_4388663931707588608_n.jpg

Genshin Equivalents (by #):
  1. Login event of 5 pink wishes, a namecard, and some primogems.
  2. Spend bonuses reset in genesis crystal shop
  3. Teyvat times of your own account, summary of your progress with a 1-time share reward.
  4. Discount on the outfits in the shop
  5. Select banner with guaranteed rate up stuff from the banner every 10 pull. This would be like letting you select your 4*s on a banner but you can only select 1 character and 3-4 weapons. There really isn't an equivalent of this in Genshin, I doubt we'll see anything like it.
  6. Every day that you spend real money in the game, you get a free 4* constellation - again unlikely due to the value being weighted differently in Genshin.
So as you can see, Honkai 2nd anni was kinda shit too. Expectations for Genshin should be tempered as such. I think the 3rd anni was the first year that they gave out a S rank selector from a limited set of past-their-prime units, which would be like giving us a selector of the 5*s on the standard banner.

I still firmly believe that the best anni gift we could get would be a universal 5* constellation item. Even if they make it expire at the end of the anniversary festivities, so you can't save it for future units, it's still the best value and something that wouldn't cost them much at all from their bottom line. But apparently billions of dollars will not be enough to give us such a generous gift.

So as you can see, Honkai 2nd anni was kinda shit too. Expectations for Genshin should be tempered as such. I think the 3rd anni was the first year that they gave out a S rank selector from a limited set of past-their-prime units, which would be like giving us a selector of the 5*s on the standard banner.
For comparison, last year's rewards for Genshin's anniversary:
  1. A total of 1600 primogems via mail, spread across 4 days
  2. Glider
  3. Furnishing item
  4. A total of 10 intertwined fates from the login event
  5. Various items like mora, resin, hero's wit etc.
Some might add the Moonchase festival rewards to this list, but I don't because those have nothing to do with the anniversary itself (perhaps this is the core of the misunderstanding). There were also some contests, like a 1 in 10 chance to win a welkin moon pass. I wonder how Genshin will stack up against Honkai this year. I really hope they learned from last year's debacle.

Pejo

For comparison, last year's rewards for Genshin's anniversary:
  1. A total of 1600 primogems via mail, spread across 4 days
  2. Glider
  3. Furnishing item
  4. A total of 10 intertwined fates from the login event
  5. Various items like mora, resin, hero's wit etc.
Some might add the Moonchase festival rewards to this list, but I don't because those have nothing to do with the anniversary itself (perhaps this is the core of the misunderstanding). There were also some contests, like a 1 in 10 chance to win a welkin moon pass. I wonder how Genshin will stack up against Honkai this year. I really hope they learned from last year's debacle.
Keep in mind that the glider and the harp were not originally anniversary gifts, they were promotional items to be sold in a real money pack in the shop to promote their concert. Also, almost everyone believes that the primogems in the mail were increased over what we were originally going to get, but who can say if that's true or not. We only got those after some damage control and all the review bombing, one of my favorite side-effects of the awful anniversary last year. I remember people 1-star reviewing Microsoft Excel mobile and saying "Genshin's anniversary sucks!" I haven't laughed so hard in a long time. The anniversary review bombs were the only thing that made me actually enjoy last anniversary. I forgot all about that bullshit welkin thing. I think Fuz Fuz won one of those, because he's a damn Genshin bootlicker!

ahahahahahahahah
Yea maybe that sentence will age like milk, but we'll see. I think there's no way they risk all the horseshit that happened last year, even outside of the Genshin community itself.

• LOL

Pejo

I'm burning out.
gmorning.gif
Yea same, this is the first area that I'm not even really trying to 100% the exploration stuff. There's just so many layers considering the random tunnelsand no good tracking unless you have the hoyoverse map up and check everything off as you go. Wonder why they can't just have the map auto-check puzzles and treasure chests that you already collected. It'd also be nice if we had a map of the underground area so we could see where we've been and make markers that represent underground. I'm confusing myself with my own markers sometimes lately since they all show up on the same "layer" of map.

On the other hand, I've been really enjoying watching Old Vanarana slowly turn more and more green, and grow back to life. I'm not spoiling myself with guides or anything, but you want to check in on the "seed" every few days at least. I've had to play it a song a few times which seems to be keeping the progression going.

crumbs

Yea same, this is the first area that I'm not even really trying to 100% the exploration stuff. There's just so many layers considering the random tunnelsand no good tracking unless you have the hoyoverse map up and check everything off as you go. Wonder why they can't just have the map auto-check puzzles and treasure chests that you already collected. It'd also be nice if we had a map of the underground area so we could see where we've been and make markers that represent underground. I'm confusing myself with my own markers sometimes lately since they all show up on the same "layer" of map.

On the other hand, I've been really enjoying watching Old Vanarana slowly turn more and more green, and grow back to life. I'm not spoiling myself with guides or anything, but you want to check in on the "seed" every few days at least. I've had to play it a song a few times which seems to be keeping the progression going.
The in-game map system definitely needs to improve if they're going to continue adding regions with multiple layers. This was a growing problem with other regions and sub-regions, like Enka and the Chasm, but is really evident in Sumeru with it multiple cave systems.

Dregnel

The in-game map system definitely needs to improve if they're going to continue adding regions with multiple layers. This was a growing problem with other regions and sub-regions, like Enka and the Chasm, but is really evident in Sumeru with it multiple cave systems.

have you seen this? It's made by fans.

crumbs

have you seen this? It's made by fans.

Yes, I saw that last week ( I should have bookmarked it, thanks for posting it), which is what made me think about how much detail we miss with the current map system.

I've been trying to use the map markers to denote the cave entrances, but some type of system that captures the multiple vertical layers on the map would really be helpful.

Pejo

So I guess I'm not doing too bad after all.

2ayOz8F.jpg

Those underground maps that Dregnel Dregnel posted helped a lot, mostly to just remember where all of the underground areas were since I forgot to mark them all. Anyways, there's an absurd amount of chests in Sumeru city that count towards Avidya Forest completion %. I spent an hour or so climbing the tree and looking behind buildings, on roofs and stuff which got me like 8% just out of the city for that region. Lokapala I already had mostly completed just from farming Collei mushrooms. I spent a good bit of time today in the rainforest/rain tree area to the south, and got 14% completion progress just from that. Fucked up thing is that despite these totals being almost all ~80% or higher, I'm still at only 35% explored for the region according to the Reputation NPC.

I fully realize that 100% in an area doesn't mean you collected everything, but still, Sumeru is going to be absolutely massive by the time it's all out. And that doesn't count any subterranean areas or separate maps like Chasm or Dragonspine.

I gave Collei my level 90 Elegy of the End and she's even better at Dendro support now. I'm frankly surprised they gave us someone halfway decent as a freebie. I hope she reruns relatively soon on a new 5* banner so I can get some constellations. Dehya's banner would be ideal.

I also figured out what the hell Dori's role is, well, before C6 when she becomes a LOT better. She's basically a handmade support for Cyno (and Razor to a lesser extent if you wanted to build him Electro instead of Phys). I figured it was something like that, and after reading her passives and talents and Constellations, C6 Dori is the ideal support for Cyno, giving him near 100% uptime on Electro damage, healing, and ER, to keep him blasting his wolf form as soon as it's off cooldown. Kinda like the Kujou Sara to Shogun.

Fuz

Banned
Yea same, this is the first area that I'm not even really trying to 100% the exploration stuff. There's just so many layers
I think the problem is all those caves and entrances, as you said, but also the addition of aranaras and stone mounds - which are both really hard to spot and not fun in a meaningful way at all. There's too much pointless bloating (I ranted about this in the past already, if you remember). Also, the teleports aren't well thought and sometimes they're scattered around in an unconvenient way, and the grapple thingies only exist to solve a problem the devs themselves created.
On the other hand, I really like the withering zones, eremite collectors and nurseries. They're good content. But they're already over for me... wish the withering zones repopped randomly around.

Wonder why they can't just have the map auto-check puzzles and treasure chests that you already collected
Because they want you to use as much time as possible going back and forth, so we won't ask for more content too fast.

Pejo

Well at least he's rumored to be a 4*, and we all know that MHY is gonna make every 4* suck, so no pressure to pull for him I guess. Their Sumeru designs have mostly been good so far (visual design, not kits so much), so it's whatever. Let the Otome crowd have this one, like Thoma.

Speaking of Thoma, it's a shame they wasted such cool auto attack animations on him. One of my favorite normal attack combos in the game, by far, and he will never ever use it.

Last edited:

Pejo

I hope they keep it simple and fun like TW3's Gwent, and not convoluted as Gwent.
I like how he gave all those details about the game without telling us anything about how the game is actually played. Do the dice affect the attacks of the card? Are the cards all characters, or are there stupid stuff like "energy particles" like in MTG? I'm with you, I hope it's nice and simple.

From my experience with Honkai, they do a pretty comprehensive job of their side mini-games, and in Honkai they only ever last for a single patch. This one sounds like it's permanent and has weekly rewards, so I'm sure they've given it a high level of thought and polish. Whether it's fun to play is another thing though...

Pejo

That's neat...

If you go back to where the new "seed" is a few days after completing the questline, it actually starts growing. Above ground there's also a new quest that spawns related to the abyss and the ground is slowly turning more green. Pretty cool.

9DFl6U6.jpg

Also you can now hide your personal info (ID and stuff) in the screenshot options. Good shit.
Wanted to post these two side by side bc I can't tell if the tree is growing or not. Either way, every day you get a prompt to play it a song, so I've been visiting when I remember and playing it the hottest in Aranara jamz. Hope there's a cool conclusion to this quest.
wmF51Ra.jpg

Fake

Gold Member
What about the tree burning the trailer? Maybe is there where you fight with Scaramouche? He is suppose to use aneml infusion all the battle.

Top Bottom