• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 5.0 (Natlan) - Everything Changed When the Fire Nation Arrived

Fuz

Banned
Wanted to post these two side by side bc I can't tell if the tree is growing or not. Either way, every day you get a prompt to play it a song, so I've been visiting when I remember and playing it the hottest in Aranara jamz. Hope there's a cool conclusion to this quest.
wmF51Ra.jpg
Where was this exactly?

Pejo

What about the tree burning the trailer? Maybe is there where you fight with Scaramouche? He is suppose to use aneml infusion all the battle.
We're going to fight him on top of the tree in Sumeru, or a building that looks very much like a Sumeru building on the roof. There will be the Akasha Engine 2.0 that will spew out blocks that we use in a combination puzzle/battle to make him weakened so we can lay into him. Nothing to do with the tree sadly.
Where was this exactly?
y4QasQO.jpg

Highlighted telepoint is the closest then just run toward the green lights., or the center of the area if yours isn't growing back yet. I also did an un-tracked quest on the surface of this area that might be connected to the regrowing stuff, you have to kill 7 or 8 abyss mages scattered around Old Vanarana and then fight a Pyro Lector at the Statue of the Seven in this zone.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Fuz

Fuz

Banned
Thanks mate.
I also did an un-tracked quest on the surface of this area that might be connected to the regrowing stuff, you have to kill 7 or 8 abyss mages scattered around Old Vanarana and then fight a Pyro Lector at the Statue of the Seven in this zone.
Does it gives an achievement?

Pejo

Thanks mate.

Does it gives an achievement?
I can't remember honestly. I think so, one of the "of the world" achievements in that first category. There's also one from climbing the highest branch in Sumeru and standing there for a second.
Dammit.

dammit.jpg
Were you hoping for Aranara shards to pop out and follow you around going "GOLDEN NARA AND WHITE FLOATY"?

Btw, I got that pressure cooker gadget today from Rank 5 Sumeru fame. It's shit. You don't even use it as far as I can tell, you just get a passive bonus to making those "processed" ingredients like ham, jam, and sausage. I think it shaves 1 minute off, but I can't be sure. Either way it was completely underwhelming just like the rest of the regional gadgets. I can't think of a single person that processes those and sits there waiting for them to finish, you just put 50 of them set to process and go fuck around doing something else for an hour. Waste of an in-game .jpg icon.

Fuz

Banned
Btw, I got that pressure cooker gadget today from Rank 5 Sumeru fame. It's shit. You don't even use it as far as I can tell, you just get a passive bonus to making those "processed" ingredients like ham, jam, and sausage. I think it shaves 1 minute off, but I can't be sure. Either way it was completely underwhelming just like the rest of the regional gadgets. I can't think of a single person that processes those and sits there waiting for them to finish, you just put 50 of them set to process and go fuck around doing something else for an hour. Waste of an in-game .jpg icon.
TBH I don't dislike the tree cutting gadget. I dislike the lack of quick gadget equip system.
You're supposed to mostly use it in Pardis Dihyai, I suppose.
But yeah, the cooker sounds really shitty.

Pejo

TBH I don't dislike the tree cutting gadget. I dislike the lack of quick gadget equip system.
You're supposed to mostly use it in Pardis Dihyai, I suppose.
But yeah, the cooker sounds really shitty.
Tree gadget would have been a lot better with a 6 second cooldown or a huge range. Just like the flying gadget would be decent if you could, you know, use it in the air.

But yea, the fact that we still only can equip 1 gadget at a time sucks. Just like the pointless loading bar before we can swap out party members. Just fucking load 8 character into RAM, holy shit.

Fuz

Banned
Tree gadget would have been a lot better with a 6 second cooldown or a huge range. Just like the flying gadget would be decent if you could, you know, use it in the air.

But yea, the fact that we still only can equip 1 gadget at a time sucks. Just like the pointless loading bar before we can swap out party members. Just fucking load 8 character into RAM, holy shit.
I'm ok with the loading bar.
I'm not ok with going into a menu and waste clicks. I also always forget to click the fucking "deploy" button.

crumbs

I play on PC with a controller. They currently have the gadget mapped to Left Bumper + B (on an Xbox controller). Why not allow players to map other gadgets to LB + one of the other face buttons?

I play on PC with a controller. They currently have the gadget mapped to Left Bumper + B (on an Xbox controller). Why not allow players to map other gadgets to LB + one of the other face buttons?
I played with controller recently due to hand injuries, and I believe a menu popped up when I held LB + B. I assumed you could put other gadgets in there, but didn't know how.

Pejo

I also play on PC with a controller, and yea other than LB + X (i think it's X, haven't played with an Xbox controller in a while) being mapped to traversal things like the dendro seed vine things and the electrogatana things, we still have LB+Y and LB+A we could use.

crumbs

I played with controller recently due to hand injuries, and I believe a menu popped up when I held LB + B. I assumed you could put other gadgets in there, but didn't know how.
I don't think you can. Early on, I assumed that we would eventually be able to map more gadgets when they became available, but no luck so far.

I also play on PC with a controller, and yea other than LB + X (i think it's X, haven't played with an Xbox controller in a while) being mapped to traversal things like the dendro seed vine things and the electrogatana things, we still have LB+Y and LB+A we could use.

Yes, I forgot about those traversal methods. Maybe they want to reserve the other face buttons for future mechanics, but even having even 2 gadget slots would be a nice QoL improvement.

Pejo

Yes, I forgot about those traversal methods. Maybe they want to reserve the other face buttons for future mechanics, but even having even 2 gadget slots would be a nice QoL improvement.
A few pages ago I posted a leak that says the traversal mechanics were all supposed to be regional gadgets, at the start of the game. So like Mondstadt was the glider, Liyue would have been steps or boulders or something, Sumeru was the vines, etc. The placement and reservations of buttons makes more sense when you view it through that lens. I wish that's how it still was, tbh. Let me decide if I want to focus on traversal or farming gadgets, treasure finders, etc.

Saber

I notice they changed Spiral like 2 times by now. They certainly don't wanna people think its just about difficulty, but also about being annoying and Venti/Kazuha dependant.

We're going to fight him on top of the tree in Sumeru, or a building that looks very much like a Sumeru building on the roof. There will be the Akasha Engine 2.0 that will spew out blocks that we use in a combination puzzle/battle to make him weakened so we can lay into him. Nothing to do with the tree sadly.

y4QasQO.jpg

Highlighted telepoint is the closest then just run toward the green lights., or the center of the area if yours isn't growing back yet. I also did an un-tracked quest on the surface of this area that might be connected to the regrowing stuff, you have to kill 7 or 8 abyss mages scattered around Old Vanarana and then fight a Pyro Lector at the Statue of the Seven in this zone.
You fought Pyro one? I got an Electro one. Is it random from the 3?

Pejo

You fought Pyro one? I got an Electro one. Is it random from the 3?
Interesting, must be. I definitely fought a Pyro one since Kokomi took down his shielded phase almost all by herself.

So, Scaramouche weekly boss 3.1 or 3.2?
Leaks a couple days ago said 3.2, but who knows. 3.1 was fairly leaked dry since we had beta players in there for about a month now, so 3.2 or 3.3 seems likely.

Last edited:

Fake

Gold Member
Interesting, must be. I definitely fought a Pyro one since Kokomi took down his shielded phase almost all by herself.

Leaks a couple days ago said 3.2, but who knows. 3.1 was fairly leaked dry since we had beta players in there for about a month now, so 3.2 or 3.3 seems likely.

3.1 we gonna get dendro anchor, so I was expecting him in 3.1.

Remember Chield? We fight him first and later he got his banner.

Keep in mind that the leaker said Scaramouche weekly boss will be a totally different character than the playable. Probably he gonna lose his electro powers and just use his anemo vision

Pejo

Yea I have literally never liked Scara, and it's not because he's a well-written villain that you love to hate, he's just a little petulant shit, and a culmination of the writing problems of Inazuma's awful archon story. I'll be glad once his boss/banner is over and we can put him on ignore like Ayato, who is the other character in Genshin that I hate the most.

crumbs

I'm just glad we'll get a new weekly boss, getting pretty tired of the current group. Going from v2.5 until (probably) v3.2 is a long time to wait for new weekly boss.

Pejo

I'm just glad we'll get a new weekly boss, getting pretty tired of the current group. Going from v2.5 until (probably) v3.2 is a long time to wait for new weekly boss.
Hope they give us more 50% off resin fights since we'll be up to 7 with this one. Hell, just make all the weeklies 30 resin or resin-free permanently. It's not like they can be farmed repeatedly.

crumbs

Hope they give us more 50% off resin fights since we'll be up to 7 with this one. Hell, just make all the weeklies 30 resin or resin-free permanently. It's not like they can be farmed repeatedly.
Agreed, time and resin-gating the weekly bosses is lame and ideally they wouldn't require resin. As for a compromise, I could go for: First 3 weekly bosses have no resin cost, then 30 per weekly boss after that.

Pejo

Agreed, time and resin-gating the weekly bosses is lame and ideally they wouldn't require resin. As for a compromise, I could go for: First 3 weekly bosses have no resin cost, then 30 per weekly boss after that.
It's really annoying because this is one of the contents that I actually do multiplayer with my real-life friends every week, but we've had to break it up over two days because of the resin regen/limits. And that's with us each using the teapot fragile resin for the 6th boss since you can't get a full 180 to do all 3 bosses in a row normally since the cap is fucking 160 and the bosses are 60 a piece. Otherwise we'd have to try to find 3 separate times per week that we're all available at the same time to run through these bosses. It's pointless when like I mentioned, you can't abuse farming these bosses.

I'd much rather a no-resin solution to allow us to set aside an hour on the weekends and do a full boss rush of all 7 bosses.

Pejo

My wishing luck has turned to absolute shit. 40 wishes and got 4 4 star weapons to show for it. All I wanted was ganyu

Edit; or dori. I’d take a dori easy.
That's the two sided coin known as RNG. I know it's not much, but if you're leveling up the Sumeru tree, there are a few pink wishes obtainable through there. Maybe for a last minute hail mary?

Saber

And I'm tired of this bullcrap simping fight against Shogun and her overloaded kit. The most dumb and bullshit boss fight they ever created, when I though they couldn't come with a worse boss than the Geovihap lord boss. I wish both her and Scara die permanently.

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
And I'm tired of this bullcrap simping fight against Shogun and her overloaded kit. The most dumb and bullshit boss fight they ever created, when I though they couldn't come with a worse boss than the Geovihap lord boss. I wish both her and Scara die permanently.
Still better than Azdaha, but yeah, I agree. That shield is a stupid idea, takes too much time to kill a boss needed for farming.

LordCBH

That's the two sided coin known as RNG. I know it's not much, but if you're leveling up the Sumeru tree, there are a few pink wishes obtainable through there. Maybe for a last minute hail mary?

I’m closing in on BP level 50. I think between that, the character story quests + character hangout events I have left I can scrape another 10. Already finished all the current events + the archon quests and the aranyaka quests.

I’m holding out faith that my pain will be rewarded, but we shall see. I wanna pair Ganyu with my Mona lol

Pejo

Still better than Azdaha, but yeah, I agree. That shield is a stupid idea, takes too much time to kill a boss needed for farming.
Technically you CAN kill her before she shields up. You just have to have a few things fall into place for that to happen.

You need:

• High burst damage (obviously)
  • Avoid her attacks that stack her shield bar (probably the hardest part but most important).
  • Guess correctly and quickly when she splits into 5 copies (biggest RNG factor). This will stun her and reduce her def.
  • Kill the first single orb she puts down before it goes off(not the 1 shot kill orb, just the pulsing one). This will stun her and reduce def.
If you can't do all 4 of those things, you likely cannot beat her before she shields since the bar seems to increase sometimes whether or not she hits you. Also sometimes it seems like she skips one or more of those vulnerability attacks like the copies or the orb, so I'm not sure what the variable there is.

If you don't have a big splash damage character like Hu Tao/Eula/Raiden, this is a lot harder to pull off. I've only done it once with a friend. I don't think it's possible solo since you need multiple damage sources coming in fast during her stunned windows.

Anyways, out of all the repeatable bosses, my favorites are Ganyu vs. Dvalin because it's over in like 5 charged shots and Shogun. I love the high skill ceiling on Shogun and she doesn't really have ANY invulnerability phases, but does have greatly reduced damage for the shield part. My least favorites are the wolf and Signora because of the long phases that you can't attack them. Particularly I hate fighting the wolf as any melee character because he always jumps back before he attacks and constantly goes out of range. He seems like a boss built to annoy melee characters. I usually just Yoimiya him dead in a few rounds, but still annoying.

crumbs

Technically you CAN kill her before she shields up. You just have to have a few things fall into place for that to happen.

You need:

• Avoid her attacks that stack her shield bar (probably the hardest part but most important).
  • Guess correctly and quickly when she splits into 5 copies (biggest RNG factor). This will stun her and reduce her def.
  • Kill the first single orb she puts down before it goes off(not the 1 shot kill orb, just the pulsing one). This will stun her and reduce def.
If you can't do all 4 of those things, you likely cannot beat her before she shields since the bar seems to increase sometimes whether or not she hits you. Also sometimes it seems like she skips one or more of those vulnerability attacks like the copies or the orb, so I'm not sure what the variable there is.

If you don't have a big splash damage character like Hu Tao/Eula/Raiden, this is a lot harder to pull off. I've only done it once with a friend. I don't think it's possible solo since you need multiple damage sources coming in fast during her stunned windows.
Yes, she seems to constantly accumulate energy for her shield form, even if you avoid her attacks. I messed with this awhile ago, to see if I could beat her without triggering her other form. I think she'll have enough energy to switch forms after around 1:20 to 1:40 assuming you are able to dodge her attacks.

It would be nice to get more future weekly bosses that don't feature cut scenes and invincibility sections.

Saber

You need:

Anyways, out of all the repeatable bosses, my favorites are Ganyu vs. Dvalin because it's over in like 5 charged shots and Shogun. I love the high skill ceiling on Shogun and she doesn't really have ANY invulnerability phases, but does have greatly reduced damage for the shield part. My least favorites are the wolf and Signora because of the long phases that you can't attack them. Particularly I hate fighting the wolf as any melee character because he always jumps back before he attacks and constantly goes out of range. He seems like a boss built to annoy melee characters. I usually just Yoimiya him dead in a few rounds, but still annoying.

And by that you already know whats wrong with abusive designs like the Shogun.
If a boss needs "high damage" flag rather than a player being skilled or learn its behaviour, then you know the guy behind it never even bother to test or are just in for some gatcha bullshit.
Like crumbs crumbs mentioned, she can basically build up shield bar regardless of her hitting you. Also, being stunned means nothing when she can instantlly counter-attacks or after that phase where she summons thunder strikes to hit you wherever you go. She is without a doubt one of those overload kit type of characters(reminds me of League of Legends with characters having a lot of skills with multiples effects and passives at same time).
I hope whoever designed her never touched Genshin Impact. Nothing good will come with bosses like that which are mindless high damage checks or shield checks. Shields, like high damage, are supposed to be an advantage, not a necessity.

Last edited:

Pejo

And by that you already know whats wrong with abusive designs like the Shogun.
If a boss needs "high damage" flag rather than a player being skilled or learn its behaviour, then you know the guy behind it never even bother to test or are just in for some gatcha bullshit.
Like crumbs crumbs mentioned, she can basically build up shield bar regardless of her hitting you. Also, being stunned means nothing when she can instantlly counter-attacks or after that phase where she summons thunder strikes to hit you wherever you go. She is without a doubt one of those overload kit type of characters(reminds me of League of Legends with characters having a lot of skills with multiples effects and passives at same time).
I hope whoever designed her never touched Genshin Impact. Nothing good will come with bosses like that which are mindless high damage checks or shield checks. Shields, like high damage, are supposed to be an advantage, not a necessity.
I get what you're saying, but you don't need mega big dick damage with perfect artifacts to beat her in the way I described. You just need to know what to do/when to do it and have a bit of luck on your side. When I said high burst damage, I just mean a character with front-loaded/short window big damage opposed to Damage over Time or back loaded. That's a realistic player's strategy to beating her before she shields. That's why I like her boss, it's balanced in a way that you can beat her before she shields if you are knowledgeable about the fight and skilled enough to pull it off, and hit a minimum damage amount to be able to do it. It's a boss that's different for all skill/investment levels, and you can actually notice when you're doing well and when your teams/characters have grown.

Whales with Bennett/Kazuha and perfect substats have been doing stuff like this since she premiered:

Nobody cares about them.

Pejo

Yes.
GRAZIEALCAZZO they kill her before the shield. You're not supposed to skip a whole phase. For me she's worse than other bosses' invulnerabilty phases.
I wasn't saying that skipping all of the mechanics is the way to beat her before she shields, I was saying that it's possible for normal players to do if you DON'T ignore the mechanics and put the effort in.

This guy still brute forced it and his builds are nothing special. He'd have probably had an even easier time if he actually destroyed that first orb and knocked her into stun/def down mode.:

I don't even do those bosses anymore because I don't need their rewards. Even the billets are semi useless now that there's new ones. Would rather waste the resin on crap artifacts.

I didn't think there was anything wrong with that boss fight by the way. They all have phases where they're immune or whatever. Just the way it is. For a fight you do once a week, it's not too bad.

Fake

Gold Member
I only doing Scaramouche because I want to beat his ass.

No reason anymore to doing. I don't need prototypes anymore. If any of those new Sumeru weapons was worthy, maybe I would reconsider farming again.

MYH failed so hard doing that. 'What about we make new good weapon for forcing players to farm weekly bosses again?'.

Pejo

You guys probably know this already, but you can convert the old prototypes into the new ones, and vice-versa. Granted, the Sumeru weapons have been absolutely shit so far, but we'll probably see 1-2 other nations using the Midlander Prototypes still.

Fake

Gold Member
You guys probably know this already, but you can convert the old prototypes into the new ones, and vice-versa. Granted, the Sumeru weapons have been absolutely shit so far, but we'll probably see 1-2 other nations using the Midlander Prototypes still.

This was their big fail. I would happly back to farm IF any of those weapons was good.

Inazuma bow for me was by far the best prototype.

Top Bottom