• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 5.0 (Natlan) - Everything Changed When the Fire Nation Arrived

Pejo

This was their big fail. I would happly back to farm IF any of those weapons was good.

Inazuma bow for me was by far the best prototype.
IMO, the best craftable weapons so far have been the Prototype Amber catalyst, Iron Sting for either Kaz or Shinobu, Whiteblind for Noelle, Crescent Pike for any physical spear carry, and the Inazuma bow. I made Beidou a R5 Inazuma Claymore, but it's probably not her BiS. I just liked that it fit her kit kinda well and was really aesthetic for her. There's really no excuse for how bad the Sumeru weapons are.

Fake

Gold Member
IMO, the best craftable weapons so far have been the Prototype Amber catalyst, Iron Sting for either Kaz or Shinobu, Whiteblind for Noelle, Crescent Pike for any physical spear carry, and the Inazuma bow. I made Beidou a R5 Inazuma Claymore, but it's probably not her BiS. I just liked that it fit her kit kinda well and was really aesthetic for her. There's really no excuse for how bad the Sumeru weapons are.

I just don't get why some of the Sumeru weapons force you to make Dendro reaction. Kinda dumb decision.

Dendro is already mix bag. Asking for a dendro reaction to get the weapon ability is nonsense.

Fake

Gold Member
I remember someone saying 'you can convert elemtanl gems to others gems' and when I tried, they ask the salt bottle that drop from weekly bosses.

edit: IDK, weekly boss or open world boss.

Last edited:

deanote666

I wasn't saying that skipping all of the mechanics is the way to beat her before she shields, I was saying that it's possible for normal players to do if you DON'T ignore the mechanics and put the effort in.

This guy still brute forced it and his builds are nothing special. He'd have probably had an even easier time if he actually destroyed that first orb and knocked her into stun/def down mode.:

2IiSCI8.jpg
R9yRlld.jpg
I should probably build my Hu Tao

I'm still farming all of the weekly bosses in the hopes that the billets will become relevant again.

Last edited:

Saber

You guys probably know this already, but you can convert the old prototypes into the new ones, and vice-versa. Granted, the Sumeru weapons have been absolutely shit so far, but we'll probably see 1-2 other nations using the Midlander Prototypes still.

Big problem is that I feel like the weapons are abit lame. I mean, the idea of something closer to Xiangling pepper is interesting. But being gated to Dendro reactions totally limits the potential of those weapons. If it was about elemental reactions, then I would give a chance.

Pejo

Supposedly Kusanali kit leak info:

odr58b7vsvn91.jpg

So looks like I'm aiming for C2 + weapon if this is true. I'd like her to have some dps capabilities similar to Shogun. Sorry Nilou and Cyno, I'm probably skipping you both. We'll see though.

*edit*

Looks like they're starting anniversary stuff. This is from a CN only (so far) fan art contest banner:
vawuzynbyzn91.png

Frankly, I've seen reddit do their fanarts and it looks like tumblr took a shit, so I don't think we need this contest on the GL version.

Last edited:

crumbs

Seeing all the discussion on the weekly bosses makes you appreciate how difficult it is to design a boss that will be fought dozens and dozens of times, by people playing on phones, consoles, and PCs.

Supposedly Kusanali kit leak info:

odr58b7vsvn91.jpg

So looks like I'm aiming for C2 + weapon if this is true. I'd like her to have some dps capabilities similar to Shogun. Sorry Nilou and Cyno, I'm probably skipping you both. We'll see though.
I have a feeling that her EM buff won't apply to Kazuha, much like Sucrose doesn't buff him. Don't want Kaz breaking the game.

That sounds very disappointing. I expected EM to play a role, but not to this degree.

Maybe that buff is bonkers, but the impact of EM on your actual DMG output is always unclear to me. There's not many characters that scale from EM either. I don't have any apart from Sucrose. Doesn't sound that useful, but I guess we'll have to wait for more info on that.

Off-field supports are boring, let alone a "pure" one. I don't know why they keep doing this to the archons. It's one of the most baffling decisions to relegate your most popular characters to quick-swap roles where you'll never see their animations. I hoped they had learned from Shogun's popularity, but seemingly not. Guess I'll try for C2 too for now. Not sure if I can make that happen with my primos though.

Reactions: Fuz

Pejo

Damn bruv, I haven't even updated the game yet haha.
The idea of playable kevin has my crystal on lock though.
Well go ahead and unlock it, they made an official statement that he could be playable in the story (like Adam in APHO), but not a permanent/rollable character.

Pejo

(for now 👀)
Believe what you want I guess, but they already received ample feedback that CN community doesn't want playable male "valks", and have made a statement on it.

Dear Captain:

Since the release of the in-game "Ai-chan's Questionnaire" on July 1, we have received a lot of feedback on issues related to "playable male characters". We apologize for the confusion caused to some captains due to the vague wording of this survey question.

The "operable male characters" in this questionnaire refer to characters similar to the Destiny Special Forces members who can freely operate battles in some independent gameplay, and do not refer to characters who enter the bridge and supplies like the Valkyrie. The original intention of designing the relevant questions of this questionnaire is to understand the captain's acceptance of "operable male characters", and to make long-term content planning for the design of more independent gameplay in the future.

It has been more than two years since Honkaishu was launched, and the composition of the game's player group has changed to a certain extent compared to that time. Therefore, we hope to reconfirm the captain's attitude towards "operable male characters" through the form of a questionnaire, so as to ensure that high-quality and satisfying game content can be provided to the captain. I hope that the captain can refer to this definition and explain it, participate in the questionnaire in the game, and pass on his thoughts to us.

The captain's opinion has always been an important reference in our game design, such as the establishment of the past paradise gameplay, the daily level load reduction, the new shield bar display in the battle interface, the adjustment of the time limit of the elite enemy levels in the past paradise, quantum flow The launch of the abyss, etc., are inseparable from the valuable opinions submitted to us by the captain for a long time. In future versions, we will also combine the feedback submitted by captains to make more iterative optimizations.

I would like to express my deep apologies once again for the ambiguity in the description of the research question and the trouble it caused to the captain! We will issue 100 crystals to all captains of level 9 and above in the national server of "Honkai 3" as compensation. We ask for your understanding. Pick up before 12:00 on July 17, 2022). In the future operation process, we will design research questions more carefully, and continue to maintain communication with the captain, and strive to bring more rich, fun, and beyond-expected game content to the captain, and hope that the captain can continue to accompany the captain. Let's go with Honkai Impact 3!

Source: https://bbs.mihoyo.com/bh3/article/24952083

*edit*

Finally, a collab that makes sense. I present:

Genshin X Cadillac
lst1y3639zn91.jpg

My favorite part was when in the game Paimon says: You know Traveler, we really are the Cadillac Escalade.

Last edited:

Pejo

CN weebs showing their power level
FWIW, I agree with them. You don't wait until 6 years into a game to change the demographic to chase whatever money they think they're gonna get, especially if this game was truly Wei's passion project as he repeatedly mentioned. If Honkai Impact 4rd or 5st comes out in a few years and has playable males from the start, cool. Great even. I think Kevin has a lot of potential that we're about to see when he finally gets his ass off his chair.

But I pretty much started Honkai for the initial Bayonetta vibes and cute characters. I don't need to see "OMG KALP-ASS, SLAY!" everywhere. The watering down every game to make it something for everybody is the worst trend in games in the past 10-15 years. This is unabashedly a anime waifu tiddy action game, and that's how it should stay.

You don't wait until 6 years into a game to change the demographic to chase whatever money they think they're gonna get
It's not really a demographic change though, there's almost 80 female suits in this game, adding a character you've been hyping up as the baddest mfker alive, for years, isn't a paradigm shift.
And you could essentially just ignore the character and not summon and effectively nothing changes for you, I'm sure whoever was deeply offended by adam in APHO decided to simply not play it.

Reactions: Fuz

Pejo

It's not really a demographic change though, there's almost 80 female suits in this game, adding a character you've been hyping up as the baddest mfker alive, for years, isn't a paradigm shift.
And you could essentially just ignore the character and not summon and effectively nothing changes for you, I'm sure whoever was deeply offended by adam in APHO decided to simply not play it.
Except development resources get spread out and maybe that SP Himeko suit I've been waiting for doesn't get made instead. I am not willing to take that chance. First Himeko SP, then make as many Kevins as you want.

*edit*

*footsteps echo down the hall*

A....Anniversary-kun, is that you?? Please be gentle..... it's only my 2nd time... (¤﹏¤)
or661aw1a1o91.gif

Why does Aether get a belly shirt and not Lumine? Wtf is this...

Last edited:

Pejo

ha gay GIF

Edit: Latest rumors say we're getting a dumb event about Childe and Yoimiya. I wonder what the love/hate split is for Childe.
Childe's my favorite out of the male cast, and I like Yoimiya, so I'm down. There were ancient rumors that Scaradouche was going to kill him, maybe that's the event? lol.

Last edited:
Childe's my favorite out of the male cast, and I like Yoimiya, so I'm down. There were ancient rumors that Scaradouche was going to kill him, maybe that's the event? lol.
Childe's too much of a jobber to die. That would mean he would actually be relevant for once. Apparently it's just him being a "good" big bro again to appease the female fans.

crumbs

I missed the first anniversary since it fell during the 3 version break I took from the game. What exactly did I miss? I'm guessing MiHoYo was very stingy on the rewards.

I missed the first anniversary since it fell during the 3 version break I took from the game. What exactly did I miss? I'm guessing MiHoYo was very stingy on the rewards.
There was a login event for 10 intertwined fates. That's it. No in-game events or celebrations. People got pissed and started review bombing the game and entirely unrelated apps. As part of the apology MHY sent 4 in-game mails totaling up to 1600 primos, a glider and some furniture for the teapot.

crumbs

There was a login event for 10 intertwined fates. That's it. No in-game events or celebrations. People got pissed and started review bombing the game and entirely unrelated apps. As part of the apology MHY sent 4 in-game mails totaling up to 1600 primos, a glider and some furniture for the teapot.
Thanks. Assuming MiHoYo learned their lesson, we should be expecting something like 20 wishes (either as wishes or primos), some furniture, and a cosmetic/glider.

Pretty strange that they thought 10 wishes would enough for their anniversary. I feel like we received more than that during the two lantern rites festivals.

Thanks. Assuming MiHoYo learned their lesson, we should be expecting something like 20 wishes (either as wishes or primos), some furniture, and a cosmetic/glider.

Pretty strange that they thought 10 wishes would enough for their anniversary. I feel like we received more than that during the two lantern rites festivals.
They had a lot of side stuff going on. A concert, a stream with fan-made content. Little web events with minor rewards, contests, raffles. Felt like they wanted to celebrate the anniversary everywhere but in-game.

There was also the Moonchase festival that happened during the same patch which had decent rewards, but most people (including me) didn't see that as anniversary related.

I have about the same expectations for this year's anni.

Pejo

sonofabitch.jpg

waitwhat.jpg

Pejo Pejo help me out here.
K8Tdx.gif
Bet it's this one, it's the only one I didn't run into organically and had to make a special trip back for. You have to go down a hole where that island is, and the TP is down there.

NhgpDEw.jpg

North of Sumeru city btw.

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
Bet it's this one, it's the only one I didn't run into organically and had to make a special trip back for. You have to go down a hole where that island is, and the TP is down there.

NhgpDEw.jpg

North of Sumeru city btw.
I went down there, there was some quest... I'm gonna check it again anyway. Thanks mate.

crumbs

I went down there, there was some quest... I'm gonna check it again anyway. Thanks mate.
If it's the one I'm thinking of, it's tucked off to the side and is locked. It requires you to light up a couple of dendro totems (one of them requires you to repair it with a lyre song). This was the last one I was missing and doesn't show up on the map, even when close to it.

Last edited:

Pejo

If it's the one I'm thinking of, it's tucked off to the side and is locked. It requires you to light up a couple of dendro totems (one of them requires you to repair it with a lyre song). This was the last one I was missing and doesn't show up on the map, even when close to it.
Yea that's the one. Kinda shitty they don't even show it on the map.

crumbs

Yea that's the one. Kinda shitty they don't even show it on the map.
Full disclosure, I had to look it up because I couldn't figure out which was the last one for the achievement.

It's definitely in a weird spot. I didn't notice it when doing the Aranara quest in that cave, but I don't remember if I even had the song to repair the elemental totem yet.

Saber

Finally, a collab that makes sense. I present:

Genshin X Cadillac
lst1y3639zn91.jpg

My favorite part was when in the game Paimon says: You know Traveler, we really are the Cadillac Escalade.

Damn, this Beidou is one heck of high class lady. I like that.
Kazuha looks classy as well. Thats the kinda of art I'm looking foward.

Last edited:
So the stream for 3.1 is airing right now, and it looks like the anni rewards are about the same as last year. 10 intertwined fates, 1600 primos via mail, as well as a bird pet (like the Mini Seelie) and some kind of furnishing. Not sure if there's anything else.

They did also show the card game. Kinda looks like Hearthstone to me, but I'm not well-versed in that stuff.

Top Bottom