• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 5.0 (Natlan) - Everything Changed When the Fire Nation Arrived

Fake

Gold Member
0m9tksqxu7o91.png

4dgoi9ifw7o91.jpg

yto0k44fw7o91.jpg

New anime:

f2ii8f9hx7o91.jpg

Mika:
9oxna8r0s7o91.jpg

oz8p2iu8s7o91.jpg

4um65ju8s7o91.jpg

Last edited:
First half venti. They tryin to kill me. I still want ganyu. But I really want venti.
When I saw Venti, my reaction was: Who the fuck wants Venti at this point? Been on the banner three times before, the last time was in May. Who asked for this? You're either terrible at picking your fights or you're incredibly unlucky.

Pejo

New anime:

f2ii8f9hx7o91.jpg

Not that I mind ufotable, they do some good stuff, but why the hell are they partnering for this anime? They own an entire animation studio, and they're quite talented too. Maybe it's an issue of scope and manpower, since their studio usually just does a ~5 minute video every 2-3 months or more.

Interested in seeing where they take this. The main "archon" story is the weakest part of the whole game. It does show the twins together, so maybe this is a prequel to the calamity 500 years ago? Or after the main story of the game? I'm a little confused, honestly. The landscape also looks nothing like current in-game Teyvat, so maybe this isn't even Teyvat? But Venti's statue was there, so maybe it's a cycle thing, or a copy of Teyvat? I hope they don't waste too much time looking at trees and birds and stuff, we already have BBC documentaries for all of the natural world I could ever want to view and it's more impressive than an anime version of it.

Not quite as bad as the tumblr-tier artwork that the leakers have commented on, but not exactly someone I would try to pull for. If he really is another cryo spear, he's already got a lot of competition since Rosaria and Shenhe fill pretty much anything you could need for support. We all know they won't ever do a competent 4* dps carry ever, so...

Alright then, I guess I'll roll out my pity and get a copy of Cyno, hopefully at least 1 Candace in the process. I think I'm only 30~ pulls from pity range, so it won't hurt my Kusanalicoin savings too much. Skipping Nilou for now, I have no need for another Hydro support/subDPS and fuck making a team of Hydro/Dendro with only 2-3 Dendro to pick from. I'll look at her again on her rerun after people have played around with her and hopefully we have a bigger selection of Dendro to pair her with.

It's still about an hour before the English special program airs, so I'll just wait and see the rest there.

YukiOnna

Seriously? A long-term anime? This is going to make things a bit more insufferable... "is it better than Genshin anime tho????" going to become the next Chainsaw Man among teenagers at this rate

crumbs

Interested in seeing where they take this. The main "archon" story is the weakest part of the whole game. It does show the twins together, so maybe this is a prequel to the calamity 500 years ago? Or after the main story of the game? I'm a little confused, honestly. The landscape also looks nothing like current in-game Teyvat, so maybe this isn't even Teyvat? But Venti's statue was there, so maybe it's a cycle thing, or a copy of Teyvat? I hope they don't waste too much time looking at trees and birds and stuff, we already have BBC documentaries for all of the natural world I could ever want to view and it's more impressive than an anime version of it.
Looks like Mondstadt (music, archon statue, lampgrass, Dragonspine?), but doesn't feature anything that looks like civilization. Like you suggested, maybe this is set in the past, prior to the construction of the city. Or it could just some BS scenery for the trailer.

YukiOnna

Not that I mind ufotable, they do some good stuff, but why the hell are they partnering for this anime? They own an entire animation studio, and they're quite talented too. Maybe it's an issue of scope and manpower, since their studio usually just does a ~5 minute video every 2-3 months or more.

Probably is because they've never done a full length series and one that's likely continuous. Need an entirely different production schedule for it and staff.

I'm hoping it's a separate story covering something else about Teyvat or if it is a direct adaptation, they add a lot more to the storyline since these Acts really need it. Otherwise it would end in less than a cour.

Saber

If Paimon is fucking annoying in the game I can't bear to think how insuferrable she will be in the anime.

Btw, so far the card game looks interesting. But if it is as the leakers said(not all characters are character cards), then it would be lame.

Last edited:

Pejo

Btw, so far the card game looks interesting. But if it is as the leakers said(not all characters are character cards), then it would be lame.
I assume that once they get the game rolling, it'll be incredibly easy to make more character cards. I wouldn't worry even if your favorites aren't in from the beginning. A few leaks said the "starter" set of character cards has changed like 3 times already, with some being added and some being removed. There is zero chance they don't use this opportunity to spin off into a real life collectible card game too.

Probably is because they've never done a full length series and one that's likely continuous. Need an entirely different production schedule for it and staff.

I'm hoping it's a separate story covering something else about Teyvat or if it is a direct adaptation, they add a lot more to the storyline since these Acts really need it. Otherwise it would end in less than a cour.
Yea different scope for sure. I'm sure the action scenes are going to be pretty great. I can't even explain how much I wish this anime series focused on past Teyvat before the Travelers even got there. I want to see the Archon war, and Zhongli fucking up a giant sea monster. I want to see Venti cut a mountain in half and toss it out into the ocean. I want to see Ei slice that giant snake and island in half, and Hibiki breaking the seal causing Seirai to get FUCKED. I want to see the nails fall and destroy civilizations. I DO NOT want to see Aether's belly button flash across the screen while they eat Lotus Crisps and talk to NPCs.

It's obvious they're leaning into CG backgrounds. I doubt it's going to end up like Berserk at least though. If it allows them to focus on the character animations, I'm cool with it.

Saber

I assume that once they get the game rolling, it'll be incredibly easy to make more character cards. I wouldn't worry even if your favorites aren't in from the beginning. A few leaks said the "starter" set of character cards has changed like 3 times already, with some being added and some being removed. There is zero chance they don't use this opportunity to spin off into a real life collectible card game too.

No, its not about not having them. Leakers said that not all playable Genshin characters will have their own character cards(I think he gave an example of Ayato not being a character card, instead being a support/effect card).

About the real life cards that would be amazing. I was talking to my brother that Genshin is going full investment on mechardise and team ups, they should have being doing this long ago already.

Pejo

So Fayz trials and this new battle event, just uninspired. At least these are both easy to get all rewards, but man. At least we have Hyakunin Ikki coming back, that was one of my favorites.

*edit*

Just watched most of the special program. I skipped around a bit. I like the format better than the old ones, with the devs giving us insight, but I wish it was handled like Nintendo directs and dubbed into English. I almost never like dubs, but Chinese is a hard language to listen to straight for an hour when you're unfamiliar with it. I like the EN VA for Cyno. I was almost certain we were going to get another woman playing a man like with Benny, Xingqiu, and Xiao. Glad that wasn't the case. Desert looks phenomenal, and the ancient Egyptian aesthetic is one of my favorites in any medium. I'm pretty psyched for the exploration/world quest stuff in 3.1, as usual. Looks like having a "gotta go fast" character in you party is going to be near mandatory, so dust off your Ayaka/Mona/Sayu/Yelan and your Diona/C2 Jeans. I think I'm going to run Mona/Fishl/Collei/Jean.

Mika sucks, but we're finally getting some Varka lore. If he doesn't look similar to Pierro from the Fatui I'm going to be extremely disappointed. I hope we see Alice soon too, now that I'm thinking of it. The Mondstadt festival looks to be focusing on all of the Mondstadt characters I hate, but at least Razor is there to stumble through a few voice lines between growls and grunts.

I'm trying and struggling to find a team slot for Candace. I love her design, and I always like counter characters. I just don't know who would benefit from the infusion. Ayato is the only one I can think of, and fuck that. Shenhe/Rosaria would become a decent all-in-one freeze solution, but you'd have to run just ATK instead of either elemental bonus or you'd end up nerfing one or the other. You guys have any plans for her?

It looks like Cyno really wants Aggravate and C6 Dori to get the most out of him. Near permanent Electro infusion, heals, energy recharge, Electro resonance for extra ER, EM buffs from Dendro characters etc. It seems like the primary team for him now will be Cyno/Kusanali/Dori/Collei or Dendro Traveler? At least if you were focusing on him as a carry, that setup gives him everything he needs. BUT you're locked into Dendro/Electro damage, and if you fuck up rotations or don't get ER refunded, you're stuck with some weak ass physical attacks. Or more likely, that's where your C2 Kusanli steps in and fills the gap.

Last edited:

crumbs

Just watched most of the special program. I skipped around a bit. I like the format better than the old ones, with the devs giving us insight, but I wish it was handled like Nintendo directs and dubbed into English. I almost never like dubs, but Chinese is a hard language to listen to straight for an hour when you're unfamiliar with it. I like the EN VA for Cyno. I was almost certain we were going to get another woman playing a man like with Benny, Xingqiu, and Xiao. Glad that wasn't the case. Desert looks phenomenal, and the ancient Egyptian aesthetic is one of my favorites in any medium. I'm pretty psyched for the exploration/world quest stuff in 3.1, as usual.
Agreed on all this. really looking forward to more exploration, even though I still have a decent amount of areas to finish up from the 3.0 update. If future regions match the quality of the first half of Sumeru, we'll be in good shape.

I'm trying and struggling to find a team slot for Candace. I love her design, and I always like counter characters. I just don't know who would benefit from the infusion. Ayato is the only one I can think of, and fuck that. Shenhe/Rosaria would become a decent all-in-one freeze solution, but you'd have to run just ATK instead of either elemental bonus or you'd end up nerfing one or the other. You guys have any plans for her?

It looks like Cyno really wants Aggravate and C6 Dori to get the most out of him. Near permanent Electro infusion, heals, energy recharge, Electro resonance for extra ER, EM buffs from Dendro characters etc. It seems like the primary team for him now will be Cyno/Kusanali/Dori/Collei or Dendro Traveler? At least if you were focusing on him as a carry, that setup gives him everything he needs. BUT you're locked into Dendro/Electro damage, and if you fuck up rotations or don't get ER refunded, you're stuck with some weak ass physical attacks. Or more likely, that's where your C2 Kusanli steps in and fills the gap.
Most likely skipping the banners on 3.1.

I also like Candance's design, but will probably need to play her demo to get really interested. My enthusiasm for 4 stars has really waned as they continue to make them so specialized.

I'm also not feeling the need to add more electro characters since dendro's finally given me a reason to bust out Keqing and Fischl. Plus, all the Cyno and Razor comparisons aren't helping, as Razor is one of my least favorite characters to play.

If I was tempted to add another electro, it would probably be Yae, since her off field electro and CDs seems like a good match to Tighnari. Otherwise, I'll be waiting for Kusanli's banner, assuming she's not a total chore to play.

Saber

You guys have any plans for her?

Yes. Will be part of my team as a Hydro DPS. Still thinking about the best lance for her though...might end up giving the 5 star one for her.
If I end up lucky and get her on first try, I will try get more cons for her.

Pejo

Fake Fake - how does Lisa do with Quicken/Aggravate btw? I'm finishing up my Mona build, afterwards I am going to build out either Yae or Lisa, haven't decide which yet. I think it was you that was using Lisa as a DPS right?

Fake

Gold Member
Fake Fake - how does Lisa do with Quicken/Aggravate btw? I'm finishing up my Mona build, afterwards I am going to build out either Yae or Lisa, haven't decide which yet. I think it was you that was using Lisa as a DPS right?
I use Lisa only for basic attacks.
Its hard to recommend because no one I know use Lisa the way I use. She is full EM, both from artifact and catalyst.
She is doing pretty good if you put a good sup for her. Xingu is by far the best combination for her at the moment, more than Yelan, but I can use both Xingu and Yelan at the same time.
I max out only basic attacks, so normal attack lvl 10. Using Mappa Mare Rank 5, 2 set wander and 2 set electro bonus, but I trying to replace to this new one that 2 set increase EM in the same way wander trope do.
I gonna waste some pink wish on the weapon banner since this new gancha catalyst looking pretty promissing for my Lisa. https://genshin.honeyhunterworld.com/i_n14416/?lang=EN

Again, I use Lisa in some sittuations. Gonna give you some example:

- Blazing Axe Mitachurl when he endow his weapon with Pyro, Lisa basic attacks can do overload (around 30k).
- Hydro slimes always
- Besides Electro Abyss Mage, every other Abyss mage. Cryo Abyss Mage take some time to break his shield, while the Hydro Abyss Mage get his shield down by feel basic attacks
- Fatui Hydro hydro shield. I guess because his hydro shield is weak against EM electro. Lisa full EM break his shield quite easy for me.
- Every enemy inside a water pool (You can use Lisa charge attack and trade for Amber and use her burst in the enemies with the eletric water).
- Open world boss Oceanid always
- Jadeplume (he get unstable if you hit much times with electro, and than get stun). Need Xingu/Yelan burst.

My Quicken/Aggravate do around 8k/9k. A bit let down IMO taking the EM her got.

Last edited:

Pejo

I use Lisa only for basic attacks.
Its hard to recommend because no one I know use Lisa the way I use. She is full EM, both from artifact and catalyst.
She is doing pretty good if you put a good sup for her. Xingu is by far the best combination for her at the moment, more than Yelan, but I can use both Xingu and Yelan at the same time.
I max out only basic attacks, so normal attack lvl 10. Using Mappa Mare Rank 5, 2 set wander and 2 set electro bonus, but I trying to replace to this new one that 2 set increase EM in the same way wander trope do.
I gonna waste some pink wish on the weapon banner since this new gancha catalyst looking pretty promissing for my Lisa. https://genshin.honeyhunterworld.com/i_n14416/?lang=EN

Again, I use Lisa in some sittuations. Gonna give you some example:

- Blazing Axe Mitachurl when he endow his weapon with Pyro, Lisa basic attacks can do overload (around 30k).
- Hydro slimes always
- Besides Electro Abyss Mage, every other Abyss mage. Cryo Abyss Mage take some time to break his shield, while the Hydro Abyss Mage get his shield down by feel basic attacks
- Fatui Hydro hydro shield. I guess because his hydro shield is weak against EM electro. Lisa full EM break his shield quite easy for me.
- Every enemy inside a water pool (You can use Lisa charge attack and trade for Amber and use her burst in the enemies with the eletric water).
- Open world boss Oceanid always
- Jadeplume (he get unstable if you hit much times with electro, and than get stun). Need Xingu/Yelan burst.

My Quicken/Aggravate do around 8k/9k. A bit let down IMO taking the EM her got.
Are you talking 8/9k for the Aggravated hits or just normal attacks on a quickened enemy? 9k seems very low. I'm getting 10-15k per Aggravate reaction normal hit with my Keqing, and she's got terrible artifacts. If I managed to get lucky with the 2nd hit of her elemental skill or the last hit of her burst, I'm getting between 30-50k, though with the internal cooldown of Aggravate, it's hard to control.

Fake

Gold Member
Are you talking 8/9k for the Aggravated hits or just normal attacks on a quickened enemy? 9k seems very low. I'm getting 10-15k per Aggravate reaction normal hit with my Keqing, and she's got terrible artifacts. If I managed to get lucky with the 2nd hit of her elemental skill or the last hit of her burst, I'm getting between 30-50k, though with the internal cooldown of Aggravate, it's hard to control.

Yes. Strange, don't you think?

Actually none of my chars are doing good numbers with aggravated. Not even Razor. I guess Razor do aggravated 9k/10K if I use the hold button version of his elemental skill. Not perfect artifacts btw.

Candace might as well not exist yet for me. I never see those new characters off-banner. No Heizou, no Kuki, no Gorou. I'm pretty happy about that actually... Anyway, she looks cool to me but I'm not sure how or where to use her. Kinda shitty they put her on Cyno's banner. I imagine she would make a decent companion to Nilou.

Saber

Looks like we're getting a 2nd Genshin Concert for the anni.

DDz1zzL.jpeg

Why Yun Jin is not the singer?
Her Barbaric Roar is amazing.

Btw, the cast is amazing. The only character there I don't use is Yae. Xynian and Barbara looks great.

Last edited:

Pejo

Is that official or fanmade?
Fanmade, but apparently it's got the official thumbs up from Hoyoverse as far as story goes, so it's canon? I don't really understand it myself tbh.

Can you please summarize? I don't want to watch that cringefest.
Varka sent him back to Mondstadt with an update on what they're up to and what his directives are. That's all we know from the trailer so far. Somehow this kid makes Gorou look like an example of masculinity.

Pejo

And they are...?

apart looking like an insufferable disgusting twink trap for pedos.
His section of the trailer literally ends with "I will read this letter from Varka to you all..."

So maybe Varka just wants them all to drink more Ovaltine™.

Reactions: Fuz

Fuz

Banned
3.1 Archon quest info about Kusanali and Dottore

Kusanali/Nahida bought time for traveler to escape the ambush; she confronted Dottore under Katheryne's form (not her true form). She escaped, but she didn't feel well. She said that Dottore is strong & has psychic abilities.

What happens when Katheryne is attacked by Eremites (shown in 3.1 Trailer)

Traveler might have a chance to contact Scara before the Riot. I think that the first meeting is in 3.1, when Traveler swaps his soul with Nahida.

I guess that situation happens after Katheryne gets injured by Eremites.

(So in 3.1 trailer, when we reach out for Katheryne's hand after she is attacked, it seems we 'swap souls' with Nahida, who is possessing Katheryne in that moment)
in response to question asking how injured is Kusanali:

I don't know, she might disconnect from the Aaru Village to the start of Riot.

Info about the Riot (important plot point in 3.2) (ORDER MAY NOT BE IN CHRONOLOGICAL ORDER)

Let's wait for 3.2, Traveler is preparing a riot to reveal the truth, rescue Kusanali, and fights could not be missed.

Traveler will have some Team members (to help in the riot) such as Cyno, Dehya,.v.v... and some Emerites from the end of 3.1

He (Alhaitham) plays a crucial role in the riot plan, stay tuned for more leaks.

The Riot is successful, Nahida will be free and she takes it (Dendro Gnosis) back from them (Akademiya sages)

In response to question asking if Kusanali will 'rule' Sumeru and Akademiya after the riot

I think this is a Yes

Scaramouche boss fight unlock

The new Weekly Boss Battle will unlock when Traveler frees Nahida from Main Story Quest. Please remember to schedule your time to do and enjoy the story! Hope you might not skip the chapter for the boss before the weekly reset.

Aftermath of Scaramouche fight

I think that Nahida takes the electro gnosis after traveler defeats Scara.

Dottore role in story

Dottore pretends to leave Sumeru and return to Snezhnaya. But throughout the Story, he suddenly appears and knocks out Traveler.

I think that He manages to take the Dendro Gnosis from Nahida as fast as he can.

In response to questions asking if Dottore takes electro gnosis too:

my "unsure" answer is: he takes both from Nahida.

Lol, I just replied the same question. Dottore takes both from Nahida. Do not trust me!

In response to remark about Dottore attacking Traveler out of nowhere

Yup, I think that Dottore might appear when we have both gnosis. He only needs 1 last battle to get 2 gnoses, when all opponents are exhausted. Smart move!

(So it seems that Dottore manages to take Dendro Gnosis, and might take Electro Gnosis too. I am not sure of the chronology here in regards to the archon quest and it is not clear if this is the end of the archon quest or not)
Info about appearance of other characters in 3.2 Archon quest

I am not sure about Dori, Collei might take care of Tighnari who gets injured in the quick attack of Fatui, and Nilou would join the team.

[Unconfirm?-3.2] Based on my reading, Nilou might create a celebration/feast/party for him (Cyno) at the end.

Why Traveler wants to contact Scara before Riot occurs

I am not sure, Traveler might have a conversation with Scara via a scholar. Maybe he wants Scara to stop?

More Scara info
In response to question asking about Scaramouche info in story such as past stories and current role.

Yes, Traveler might see his past memory, I think that they put it in the in-game cut scene. Stay tuned for the official version.

King Deshret lore/info

Sorry, I don't get it. Could you explain more? King Deshret was dead in saving his followers.

Pejo

"Don't know if it's a bug"

No that's definitely intended to make Barbara fit that game breaking DPS role she was always meant for.

Still, kinda neat.

*edit*

Fuz Fuz
And with that I have every farmable mount in the game so far. It'll take some time until I can unlock the Artificial Island motorcycle, since it's meant to be a long term goal.

6mfVcWD.jpg

Last edited:

Fake

Gold Member
Expecting the Scaramouche battle, at least the phase 1, to be like the Storm Terror... until you beat his megazord and his start to fight like the Yang in avatar mode

Pejo

So directly south of the domain entrance for the newest event there's a small hilichurl camp by the river. If you clear that out for 5 days in a row, you get a precious chest on the 5th day.

Also, finally hit 40% explored. Finished up the Eremite succ machine questline, got all the bulbs from those step puzzles. Now all I need to do is find all the withering zones I missed and those energy particle race gate things, then I should be done with the jungle side of Sumeru, minus misc chests and stuff. I also seem to be missing at least 15 Aranara, but that's gonna be a pain in the nuts to find them all. Not sure I have the patience to follow a guide for that.

I was bummed to find out that at least 4 of the regional world quests are gated behind daily commissions. I really wish they'd knock that shit off. One of the commissions won't even spawn until you go do a mini world quest at the Wangshu Inn and cook a guy some radish soup.

I'm on day like 10 or 11 singing to that damn tree and nothing's happening.

crumbs

So directly south of the domain entrance for the newest event there's a small hilichurl camp by the river. If you clear that out for 5 days in a row, you get a precious chest on the 5th day.

Also, finally hit 40% explored. Finished up the Eremite succ machine questline, got all the bulbs from those step puzzles. Now all I need to do is find all the withering zones I missed and those energy particle race gate things, then I should be done with the jungle side of Sumeru, minus misc chests and stuff. I also seem to be missing at least 15 Aranara, but that's gonna be a pain in the nuts to find them all. Not sure I have the patience to follow a guide for that.

I was bummed to find out that at least 4 of the regional world quests are gated behind daily commissions. I really wish they'd knock that shit off. One of the commissions won't even spawn until you go do a mini world quest at the Wangshu Inn and cook a guy some radish soup.

I'm on day like 10 or 11 singing to that damn tree and nothing's happening.
How do you know how many Aranara you're missing? Does it tell you in-game?

Speaking of commission BS, I thought I had finally cleared the rare Mondstadt commissions & achievements (although I'm still missing one more Godwin commission for the achievement): finished all the Fatui and Tsarevich stuff (including seeing Viktor off), went through curing Anna & seeing her become an adventurer, and finished all the Mona rent options. Unfortunately, there's apparently a different version of Draff's carrier pigeon commission that involves Hilichurls, which then leads to another commission and achievement. :messenger_expressionless:

Pejo

How do you know how many Aranara you're missing? Does it tell you in-game?
After you do all the mailbox treasure map stuff, you unlock a room full of chests. Every 5 Aranara you find opens a new chest. I have 3 chests left, so I have somewhere around ~15 left to find. Nothing official that tracks it as far as I know.
Speaking of commission BS, I thought I had finally cleared the rare Mondstadt commissions & achievements (although I'm still missing one more Godwin commission for the achievement): finished all the Fatui and Tsarevich stuff (including seeing Viktor off), went through curing Anna & seeing her become an adventurer, and finished all the Mona rent options. Unfortunately, there's apparently a different version of Draff's carrier pigeon commission that involves Hilichurls, which then leads to another commission and achievement. :messenger_expressionless:
Man, I don't even bother for all that work for 5 primogems. I didn't know that Anna becomes an adventurer though, I thought her story ended after she climbed the windmill. I still have 2 achievement categories related to Mondstadt/Lyue dailies, but there's no way I'm going to actively aim for those. Sumeru's comissions have been kinda a let down, other than the jumping/light chasing ones which are kinda fun.

Top Bottom