• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 5.0 (Natlan) - Everything Changed When the Fire Nation Arrived

Saber

If I have any luck on her, which I believe I wont because my luck has being terrible for months, I will risk pull her again.
Other than that, do you know the weapon banner?

Fake

Gold Member
I want Sayu, but not Cyno.

0depa25df6q91.jpg

I can't believe the fanart is better than the official art.

fgmitujvn4q91.jpg

So, the new 4* Claymore get a boost?

Wonder if the new weapons are already in.

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
Here's the official anniversary "celebration".

Billions of fucking dollars. BILLIONS.

4fdd5b4ho4q91.jpg
4fdd5b4ho4q91.jpg

6ns46rofo4q91.png
6ns46rofo4q91.png

Told you they would have done the same as last year and there won't be a revolt this time because the sheep are trained now.
You didn't believe me.
badboy.gif

I'm actually not a big anime fan nowadays, I was actually trying to do my top 3 but I was only sure about number 1.
2Rce3.gif
Don't believe I've ever seen a person walk away from anime, it's an ever-consuming genre with tonnes of new material released daily. Well you don't have to submit three, though I assumed you would have years of experience watching them. Just submit the one and that'll be good enough.

Fuz

Banned
Don't believe I've ever seen a person walk away from anime, it's an ever-consuming genre with tonnes of new material released daily. Well you don't have to submit three, though I assumed you would have years of experience watching them. Just submit the one and that'll be good enough.
Only old stuff that most of you whippersnappers wouldn't know.
2Rce3.gif

I wouldn't even know what to vote... I like Lupin, Mazinger or Devilman more? Mmmmm...

Last edited:
Only old stuff that most of you whippersnappers wouldn't know.
2Rce3.gif

I wouldn't even know what to vote... I like Lupin, Mazinger or Devilman more? Mmmmm...
Then drop the old stuff. It don't matter, as long it's something you've watched and are willing to stand behind.

Pejo

I want Sayu, but not Cyno.

0depa25df6q91.jpg

I can't believe the fanart is better than the official art.
Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Honestly, I'm not really impressed with this. I was hoping to like the design a lot based on that blurry as fuck image, but now that I see the whole thing it gets a big "meh" from me. Regardless, I think she's a 4* so everyone will likely end up with her someday. Which region is she supposed to be from I wonder? Is this our first Fontaine character? Collei has the same card art background with the vines and door, so I guess she's from Sumeru, but doesn't look like it:
genshin-impact-collei-character-intro.jpg

Told you they would have done the same as last year and there won't be a revolt this time because the sheep are trained now.
You didn't believe me.
badboy.gif
Well I hope they're bracing for their review bombs. Maybe they're even counting on it as advertisement for the game. People everywhere saw what kind of unhinged lunatics play this game last anniversary, wonder if that's the image they're going for after all.

You know for me it's not even the lack of free pulls or whatever that bothers me. It's the issue that if you didn't have any social media, based on the events and rewards in-game, you would have no idea it even was the anniversary. Everything they do for the 'celebration' is web events, real life contests, fan art, cosplay, concerts - all this shit I'm not interested in or motivated to do.

Even something like having all the playable characters out in the world with special messages or mini-quests, or make up a big in-game festival like Ludi Harpastum or whatever just for the anniversary with minigames. I mean we've virtually saved 3 going on 4 nations now, it's not out-of-character for this world to throw us a little "thank you" party or a festival or something. They had an entire festival for 7 shitty poems in Inazuma. Point is, they should be making the time period feel festive and they consistently drop the ball on this in both this game and Honkai.

Fake

Gold Member
Anw, no way I gonna miss Nilou, right?

Wish Sayu was there as well. Hard to get her cons

Anyone will try the weapon banner?

Pejo

Anw, no way I gonna miss Nilou, right?

Wish Sayu was there as well. Hard to get her cons

Anyone will try the weapon banner?
Elegy is a damn fine bow if you use any of the bow characters as support units. I have mine on Collei and it's great. New spear looks great for Cyno obviously but also for Xiangling, Shenhe (depending on team), maybe even Hu Tao if you're going for a vape setup (but probably won't beat Homa). It's a solid banner but unless you're a whale it's hard to recommend before Kusanali. Maybe on a rerun.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Guys, how's the new region?

I dropped the game some weeks before it came out and haven't read/touched anything genshin related.

Last edited:

Pejo

Guys, how's the new region?

I dropped the game some weeks before it came out and haven't read anything about it lately.
Best region in the game currently, but they threw a LOT of stuff at you all at once, so a lot of people experienced burnout. I'm not sure how much time you have left, but if you get in before Weds you should still be able to get a free Collei (new Dendro character) just by starting the event quest for her and reading some dialogue. A new huge desert area opens up on Weds, so you're going to have a ton to explore if you go back in. Also the anniversary is soon and we get login rewards.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Best region in the game currently, but they threw a LOT of stuff at you all at once, so a lot of people experienced burnout. I'm not sure how much time you have left, but if you get in before Weds you should still be able to get a free Collei (new Dendro character) just by starting the event quest for her and reading some dialogue. A new huge desert area opens up on Weds, so you're going to have a ton to explore if you go back in. Also the anniversary is soon and we get login rewards.

Hmm, I might check it out then. Don't think I'll go back to my early days of farming thought. It was one of the main reasons I bounced out of the game - it just requires an insane amount of time to build a single solid build.

I'll just sit back, see the story enfold and do some pulls whenever I have primos.

Is having a dendro character kind of mandatory now?

Last edited:

Dregnel

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Honestly, I'm not really impressed with this. I was hoping to like the design a lot based on that blurry as fuck image, but now that I see the whole thing it gets a big "meh" from me. Regardless, I think she's a 4* so everyone will likely end up with her someday. Which region is she supposed to be from I wonder? Is this our first Fontaine character? Collei has the same card art background with the vines and door, so I guess she's from Sumeru, but doesn't look like it:
the leakers: "she looks like bronya"... how can that monstrosity with broken ears look like bronya?

Pejo

the leakers: "she looks like bronya"... how can that monstrosity with broken ears look like bronya?
Hard agree, I'm more of a milf Bronya fan than the younger variant, but she looks nothing like Bronya at all.
So sad she's a 4 star...
What's worse is that I don't know a character outside of maybe Nilou or *spits* Ayato that would even want Hydro infusion currently. Could have been cool for Yelan but they always put that "no bows" restriction on it.
Hmm, I might check it out then. Don't think I'll go back to my early days of farming thought. It was one of the main reasons I bounced out of the game - it just requires an insane amount of time to build a single solid build.

I'll just sit back, see the story enfold and do some pulls whenever I have primos.

Is having a dendro character kind of mandatory now?
You essentially control how much grinding you have to do. If you keep your world level low (like around 5 or 6 or whatever) you don't have to even have competent artifacts to do just fine. Just forget Abyss exists and play casually.

Dendro is pretty mandatory for some of the exploration mechanics in Sumeru, but Collei is free this patch and we'll get another free copy permanently in low levels of the Abyss in 3.2 (like the free Xiangling currently). You can also use the always free Dendro main character, who is actually pretty good this time, but you still need a bow character for other puzzles, so having Collei essentially crosses off both of those requirements in a single character slot.

Pejo

Will they remove Xianling? :goog_unsure:
Nah, then newbies wouldn't have a guaranteed Pyro. I'm guessing Collei will be in like 4-3 or something and Xiangling will remain 3-3.

*edit*

Just saw crumbs crumbs post. So it looks like she's in for 3.1. I'll take another constellation, thanks MHY. Honestly that's probably the best anni gift I'll get this year.

Last edited:

Pejo

Pejo, why have you forgotten me?
\|

bVaZnQi.png

Sorry I Love You GIF

*edit*

Looks like we're getting schoolgirl Ayaka?

he1avfpm08q91.jpg

Probably more this:
MptylTI.jpg

And less this:
tPmZePv.jpg

*edit2*

8pq7qgpwz7q91.jpg

Probably censored compared to her default

gy1vabquz6q91.jpg

Kusanali doesn't have the underground Mona/Ayaka sprint, so I guess we get another child model run with their hands out to the side. Lame.

Last edited:

Pejo

Wait, so no aspd bonus?

6htu6fc2xxp91.jpg

Is that icon supposed to be Ayaka's costume? errgghh. I was closer with my first picture above than I had hoped to be.

Why the fuck are they making most of their costumes so shitty? They know which costumes people want, but they refuse to give them to us. It's not rocket science.

Should be staples in gacha games by now:
  • Swimsuits
  • Maids
  • Bunny girls
  • Schoolgirls (not one of my favorites but sells a ton)
  • Halloween (succubus, mummy wrap, wolfgirl)
  • Yukatas (for weebs)
And that's staying away from other obvious ones with religious connotations like Christmas.

I don't even care if they appeal to the Fujo/female/gay demo by giving the males stupid themed costumes too, but why these absolutely boring pieces of shit that they've been releasing? If I wanted to see women in normal ass boring clothes I'd go to church or the Hobby Lobby or something, not a fantasy action RPG.

Pejo

I did all the arana quest... I missing something?
The main quest is just part of it. You're not "done" with Aranara until their quest book (in the quest items tab of your inventory) has green checkmarks all across the top.

BJK

Since I don't follow either the news or the leakers (outside of this thread), have the developers ever confirmed Tighnari migrating to the standard banner?

Pejo

Last edited:
Reactions: BJK

Pejo

Boy I hope this is wrong. This isn't what I was hoping for with her kit. I'd rather that first leak be correct:

jcv1k9svgbq91.png

Last edited:
I'm going through Chapter III Act II and I'm not going to lie, this is one of the coolest and most interesting quest lines I've ever done in any game. Someone else told me "It's Endless Eight but based" and that's definitely how I feel about this right now.

Pejo

I'm going through Chapter III Act II and I'm not going to lie, this is one of the coolest and most interesting quest lines I've ever done in any game. Someone else told me "It's Endless Eight but based" and that's definitely how I feel about this right now.
Yea Sumeru has started out really strong from a narrative/lore angle. Let's see if they can keep it going. Inazuma finished with a wet fart, but they seemed to have put more effort in this time.

Saber

Boy I hope this is wrong. This isn't what I was hoping for with her kit. I'd rather that first leak be correct:

jcv1k9svgbq91.png

Since Traveler kit usually reminds abit of his archons, theres strong possibility of this being true.
That being said, I think they are not doing Dendro any favors with this "choose character X for this effect". It limits your team choices, not to mention unless her numbers are high I doubt it would be much different of the strong supporters the game has.

I for one gonna stick with Dendro Traveler. For now, dendro reactions are underwelming and nothing but a curiosity to pass time. Never gonna substitute my main teams over dendro.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fuz
Boy I hope this is wrong. This isn't what I was hoping for with her kit. I'd rather that first leak be correct
Me too. This just makes her sound like a more boring version of Shogun. Frequent Dendro application is good, but you'd think they would be able to come up with something more interesting.

That being said, I think they are not doing Dendro any favors with this "choose character X for this effect". It limits your team choices, not to mention unless her numbers are high I doubt it would be much different of the strong supporters the game has.
You wouldn't want to use Kusanali with any elements she doesn't react with anyway.

It really is a shame what they did to Dendro. It doesn't seem very strong, it's not versatile... I'd say its fate depends on its archon now. If she sucks, most people will just turn their back on Dendro and continue playing with the old elements as before. If MHY wants to keep selling Dendro characters, they must make the element itself worth your while.

Saber

It really is a shame what they did to Dendro. It doesn't seem very strong, it's not versatile... I'd say its fate depends on its archon now. If she sucks, most people will just turn their back on Dendro and continue playing with the old elements as before. If MHY wants to keep selling Dendro characters, they must make the element itself worth your while.

I think the root of problems lies on Dendro itself.
Reason for why I said that it was because I was like "well, maybe shes not as limited as the Dendro itself". Meaning that her kit could have to do with other elements, ignoring the Dendro reactions restriction. Something like "if you have cryo on your team, her reactions slows the enemy down(reactions with dendro remains the same)".

But again like we both said, Dendro is very lame. Dendro itself limits way too much your team potential and when you do make a team for Dendro, it's reactions are too much focus on gimmick that rinders it's potential. As I said, I'm using Traveler Dendro with Keqing as the leader and I'm not thinking on investing in any other future Dendro characters unless theres a major revamp on it. The element itself it's not interesting, I rather stick with my other teams and other team combinations, thanks to the expanded team build limit.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
So who exactly are this years anniversary characters? Is that anubis wannabe fellow from the desert, is that it?

And what about primo rewards? Please don't tell me it's gonna be year 1 shitshow all over again...

Last edited:

Pejo

anniversary
we-dont-do-that-here-black-panther.gif

Mom and pop small company, please understand.

There's a login event for 20 pulls worth of currency and some miscellaneous garbage that will be inventory -1 after a few weeks, along with a lot of events outside the game for cheap marketing.

Here's a page full of "events" that give you a 0.00001% chance of winning some stickers or something:

As far as characters, yea it's Candace/Cyno/Nilou, which is just bait so that you spend now and then spend again in next patch when Kusanali drops. 💵💲💰Don't forget genesis crystal bonuses reset, happy anniversary!💰💲💵

If you can't tell, I'm a little salty about this. They received such huge backlash last year for the anni and seemingly haven't adjusted anything at all. Simply mind boggling.

I think the root of problems lies on Dendro itself.
Reason for why I said that it was because I was like "well, maybe shes not as limited as the Dendro itself". Meaning that her kit could have to do with other elements, ignoring the Dendro reactions restriction. Something like "if you have cryo on your team, her reactions slows the enemy down(reactions with dendro remains the same)".

But again like we both said, Dendro is very lame. Dendro itself limits way too much your team potential and when you do make a team for Dendro, it's reactions are too much focus on gimmick that rinders it's potential. As I said, I'm using Traveler Dendro with Keqing as the leader and I'm not thinking on investing in any other future Dendro characters unless theres a major revamp on it. The element itself it's not interesting, I rather stick with my other teams and other team combinations, thanks to the expanded team build limit.
I get where you are coming from, but I ended up liking Dendro way more than I expected to. I love that you can be deliberate for which reactions you want to aim for, and how it's multi-tiered. I was a big Final Fantasy XI player back in the day, and Dendro kinda reminds me of skillchains from that game (combining 2 or more skills and spells to create bonus damage effects). I kinda wish it was even more complex, but with an even bigger payoff if I'm being honest. Something you have to plan and execute for and the get the big payoff at the end. On the opposite side of that, if you do Dendro + Hydro + Electro, you can just spam your skills and do a ton of damage. It's pretty much universally a buff for fast hitting Electro characters, and I can't wait until we actually get some hard hitting Dendro dps characters instead of supports + Tiggy.

It's a shame that character and kit design seems to be getting worse and even more specific these days. I think that's the worst trend in this game currently, everything else seems to be improving. Nobody likes long cooldowns, especially in a game where you are supposed to swap characters out often by design. That and forcing specific team compositions (like Nilou) are garbage design, IMO. It was bad enough when it was just 4* characters designed like that (Gorou/Sara), but now 5*s are too. They must be looking ahead and worried that they won't have enough creativity to make new fun characters until chapter 7, so they decided to just make them one trick ponies.

*edit*

Looks like we finally get a new Teyvat Times:

pkntsqbybbq91.jpg
hzj5tqbybbq91.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom