• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 5.0 (Natlan) - Everything Changed When the Fire Nation Arrived

Fuz

Banned
Got 200+ pulls, not sure if I should try my luck here. I'm far from the pity, but I already lost a 50/50 and was waiting for Nahida. I'm missing Cookie toh, and actually I really liked Razor back in the day, so I won't cry too much if I randomly get him. :pie_thinking:

EDIT:

Here's my review. There's also a few free primogems. Edit: 180 primos total.

Kind of unsettling how many metrics they keep track of.

Last edited:

Saber

Wasted all my pulls.

Got Candace 2 times on the first 10 pull(maybe they increase her rate beyond the boost? Sounds strange).

Since I got her, I moved to the weapon banner. They gave me the 5-star bow and one Sucrose(foreign character, don't remember the last time they gave me her). Damn, I didn't want the bow, just the spear. Well...maybe next time I got more luck...

Last edited:

Fake

Gold Member
Tried 5 pulls. One in Cyno banner, got one Sayu. The rest I wasted on the weapon banner. Got the 5* bow.

Good for Yelan I guess.

crumbs

Put down 10 wishes & got Candance & a Sayu constellation. Played Candance's demo and I don't have a good feel on how to use her or how to integrate her into any of my teams. Will need to spend more time on this because I do like her design and her English VA.

Didn't have much time to play last night, but I did at least venture into the desert and light up the first Statue of the Seven.

Thought Cyno's demo was pretty disappointing. Like Razor, I find his playstyle to be boring.

Pejo

Got 200+ pulls, not sure if I should try my luck here. I'm far from the pity, but I already lost a 50/50 and was waiting for Nahida. I'm missing Cookie toh, and actually I really liked Razor back in the day, so I won't cry too much if I randomly get him. :pie_thinking:

EDIT:

Your review thing was just a generic link to the event. The "personalized" link should end in "code=" and then a unique alphanumeric string that acts as your identifier.

Tried 5 pulls. One in Cyno banner, got one Sayu. The rest I wasted on the weapon banner. Got the 5* bow.

Good for Yelan I guess.
The bow is great for any team that wants EM and any bow character that you're using as a support or a reaction generator. Mine's been working really well on Collei.

Put down 10 wishes & got Candance & a Sayu constellation. Played Candance's demo and I don't have a good feel on how to use her or how to integrate her into any of my teams. Will need to spend more time on this because I do like her design and her English VA.

Didn't have much time to play last night, but I did at least venture into the desert and light up the first Statue of the Seven.

Thought Cyno's demo was pretty disappointing. Like Razor, I find his playstyle to be boring.
Candace is basically another Yun Jin that's only for elemental characters and has an infusion. If the passives work with Yoimiya, she seems tailor made to support her, and gets even better at C6. I haven't had time to test it yet though.

I really liked Cyno's gameplay style. He wants to hog the field time though, so you kinda want to build him with that in mind, as you won't be switching around often like in most teams. I like that he has the "eye" mechanic. Like every 4 seconds or so, a big eye symbol flashes on the screen. If you time your elemental skill and use it during that symbol, you get bonus damage and effects.

His transformed charge attack is 100%
7280533f309b8a3ba2a83e4df0d022261345569931_full.gif

I think he's kinda built like Itto in that he's an "easy" character to play with a bit of a skill ceiling. Casual players are going to love that they don't have to do complex rotation management and can just leave him on the field as long as he's got a battery and do decent damage with cool looking moves. He definitely doesn't seem meta defining, but that's not a big deal to me.

Fake

Gold Member
The bow is great for any team that wants EM and any bow character that you're using as a support or a reaction generator. Mine's been working really well on Collei.

Speaking of Colei, free Colei in the event tab.
20% ER in her C1. Not so bad.

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
Your review thing was just a generic link to the event. The "personalized" link should end in "code=" and then a unique alphanumeric string that acts as your identifier.
I have no idea where to find it then.

Classic mihoyo web design.

Pejo

I have no idea where to find it then.

Classic mihoyo web design.
Should be that big "Share memories" button on the event homepage. It'll ask you to edit your title and let you edit which stats you share, then gives you the link.

Pejo

He use the PS4 login to do it. IDK, but when I playing GI on PS4 and open, he won't ask the servers.
If you linked your Playstation ID to your Hoyoverse account, you should be able to just skip the PS4 step altogether and log in on the website itself.

Fake

Gold Member
Last edited:

Pejo

Nahida's NA animations are really cute. She doesn't throw Klee bombs, crisis averted.

Would be cool if she transformed into Kathryne for her sprint.

*edit*

Looks like the leak dam broke. /r/Genshin_Impact_Leaks is overflowing with 3.2 stuff. New teapot looks pretty cool Jack and the Beanstalk vibes.

Last edited:

Pejo

Oh interesting, I though for a moment that was her charge attack. So now they have a different attack pattern.
She's DDR now.

Her Burst looks like it's gonna have it's own Exploration %. Dayum, it's huge.

*edit*

Dayum, this is great news. I just read about it, haven't tested it yet.

9yaaqj0u7mq91.jpg

*edit*

Full new World Boss model. Looks sick, but then again I love mecha stuff.

cbqi2wo1amq91.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Fuz

Pejo

No one is mentioning the biggest change in 3.1: When fast traveling to the mushroom raptor boss, the electro mushroom is not immediately aggro on your team.
Well we know how to trigger crumbs crumbs now

yRkp7NU.jpg

Also you apparently won the exclusive privilege of being the person that visited my teapot the most over the last year.
evaend.gif

*edit*

New Gift Code:

MA6RPW8GGJAM

Last edited:

Saber

No one is mentioning the biggest change in 3.1: When fast traveling to the mushroom raptor boss, the electro mushroom is not immediately aggro on your team.

He was like:
*Fuck this shit man, not worth it.

On a sidenote, I think theres more enemies that aggro near a waypoint. Can't see it right now or remember, but it was one of those way points in a grassy mountain I used to teleport often.

Fuz

Banned
Should be that big "Share memories" button on the event homepage. It'll ask you to edit your title and let you edit which stats you share, then gives you the link.
Saw that the first time I visited the page and completed the "stories", and it's nowhere to be found now.

crumbs

Well we know how to trigger crumbs crumbs now

yRkp7NU.jpg

Also you apparently won the exclusive privilege of being the person that visited my teapot the most over the last year.
evaend.gif

*edit*

New Gift Code:

[/URL]

MA6RPW8GGJAM
That mushroom pic better not awaken anything in me....

Your teapot is the best place to buy rocks to fulfill that weekly BP requirement. I also never play Co-Op so you're the only person on my friends list :messenger_pensive:

GIF by Giphy QA

crumbs

He was like:
*Fuck this shit man, not worth it.

On a sidenote, I think theres more enemies that aggro near a waypoint. Can't see it right now or remember, but it was one of those way points in a grassy mountain I used to teleport often.

Yes, there's probably other instances in Sumeru. Early on, you could easily trigger a tiger attack outside the talent material domain, but they may have also fixed it.

This is progress from MiHoYo. It took them almost a year to fix the electro cicins immediately attacking you when exiting the Crimson Witch artifact domain.

Pejo

Clowns.

dq2edievjmq91.jpg
Yea I got nothing positive to say about this one. We'll all end up with her at around C1-C2 I'm guessing if she's on Nahida's banner, so there's that. If it wasn't for the unique hairstyle she'd look like an NPC.

Pejo

I really like the new anniversary pet. It makes a little celebration when you open a chest and most importantly it doesn't make ANY sounds. Wish we could have picked the color, but not bad regardless.

Fake

Gold Member
Mika and this Cryo girl are by far the most easy skip I have since Ayato.

Maybe I try to swap my teapot design.

Pejo

By the way, anybody that isn't pulling Cyno - can I join and steal your scarabs later today? They're pieces of shit to try to find/farm, even with a map.

Fuz

Banned
I really like the new anniversary pet. It makes a little celebration when you open a chest and most importantly it doesn't make ANY sounds. Wish we could have picked the color, but not bad regardless.
Yeah, it's definitely the best one we have.

Still not gonna survive out 2 days.

Anyway, done 3 pulls since I was missing Cookie and ofc Candace.
3 Sayus and a Rust.

Last edited:

EDIT:

Someone share memory please.

Fuz

Banned
Am I the only one who found Cyno pretty fun to play in his trial?

I suppose he'll be much more boring without that big ER, toh.

Saber

Am I the only one who found Cyno pretty fun to play in his trial?

I suppose he'll be much more boring without that big ER, toh.

Didn't find him bad from the test, its kinda fun the skill and burst synergy. Still not interested on him though, my next character is Dehya. And since shes nowhere to be found, gonna save a good amount of primos.

Also, I faced the prmiordial whatever the retarded name, and its not bad to face. Was expecting a nightmare from the cry of leakers, but seems just fine to face to me.

Meanwhile, its farming time. The itens from Candace weren't that difficult to spot, but didn't find as much as I though I would find. The cactus are there but sometimes it carries the plant.

Last edited:

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Man I'll take my hat off to Mihoyo with the year book. It's fantastic.

These guys are amazing story tellers in their web events.

Is Alhaitham gonna be a character down the road?

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
Pejo Pejo

Goddammit this looks fun. They're scrambling all my pull plans.

Aaaaaaaand just noticed she's a support. Son of a bitch.

Last edited:

Pejo

Pejo Pejo

Goddammit this looks fun. They're scrambling all my pull plans.

Aaaaaaaand just noticed she's a support. Son of a bitch.

You're like 3 characters behind. This one is the latest:

I like the nun though, will pull for her. I ended up getting Meryl from a random 10 gold nucleus pull a few days ago, so I have all the standard characters now. Also only like 18% left in the "outer" artifical islands or whatever it's called, then I have 100%'d all the maps. I haven't been playing it much though. I wasn't a big fan of Artificial island at all. I hear Vera (2.0) is really good though.

Fuz

Banned
The first part of the archon quest, the possessions, is stupid as fuck and written by a 6 year old child.

You're like 3 characters behind. This one is the latest:

I like the nun though, will pull for her. I ended up getting Meryl from a random 10 gold nucleus pull a few days ago, so I have all the standard characters now. Also only like 18% left in the "outer" artifical islands or whatever it's called, then I have 100%'d all the maps. I haven't been playing it much though. I wasn't a big fan of Artificial island at all. I hear Vera (2.0) is really good though.

Yeah I saw her, but don't like her. Same as Annabelle.
I was aiming for any fire resonance (Ruby) and a pairing for Claudia, plus Lin.
But seeing Lyra's gameplay threw a wrench into my plans, and the game became very scarce of resources once you finish the maps so, I don't know if I be able to get them all.
Funny, there are more characters I like in ToF than Genshin. I have way less trouble skipping in GI.

Last edited:
Top Bottom