• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 5.0 (Natlan) - Everything Changed When the Fire Nation Arrived

Nankatsu

Gold Member
we-dont-do-that-here-black-panther.gif

Mom and pop small company, please understand.

There's a login event for 20 pulls worth of currency and some miscellaneous garbage that will be inventory -1 after a few weeks, along with a lot of events outside the game for cheap marketing.

Here's a page full of "events" that give you a 0.00001% chance of winning some stickers or something:
[/URL][/URL]

As far as characters, yea it's Candace/Cyno/Nilou, which is just bait so that you spend now and then spend again in next patch when Kusanali drops. 💵💲💰Don't forget genesis crystal bonuses reset, happy anniversary!💰💲💵

If you can't tell, I'm a little salty about this. They received such huge backlash last year for the anni and seemingly haven't adjusted anything at all. Simply mind boggling.

Frustrated World Cup GIF

I get you. I also think year 1 anni was utterly badly managed, even though Raiden was hyped as hell. They legit went with a less rewards, more money spend by the players approach and in a way it kind of worked for them. So no surprise they're doing the exact same shit this year.

If that's the trio of characters they're throwing in at players, well I guess I'll just collect the primos and call it a day.

Last edited:

Saber

I get where you are coming from, but I ended up liking Dendro way more than I expected to. I love that you can be deliberate for which reactions you want to aim for, and how it's multi-tiered. I was a big Final Fantasy XI player back in the day, and Dendro kinda reminds me of skillchains from that game (combining 2 or more skills and spells to create bonus damage effects). I kinda wish it was even more complex, but with an even bigger payoff if I'm being honest. Something you have to plan and execute for and the get the big payoff at the end. On the opposite side of that, if you do Dendro + Hydro + Electro, you can just spam your skills and do a ton of damage. It's pretty much universally a buff for fast hitting Electro characters, and I can't wait until we actually get some hard hitting Dendro dps characters instead of supports + Tiggy.

My problem with Dendro is that in my team for instance, a bunch of dendro cores just stay there after I woop the ass out of the enemies. Like I said, wasted potential. I would need to reajust my team just to burn those cores and just note that my team has Keqing, the best dendro core buster in the game. Can't use my main characters either (Kaeya and Noelle) since theres no reaction with them.

Looks like we finally get a new Teyvat Times:

pkntsqbybbq91.jpg
hzj5tqbybbq91.jpg

I'm probably the one with suspicious the most. I aways use Hu tao to make food for me and she delivers a version of suspicious most of times.

Pejo

My problem with Dendro is that in my team for instance, a bunch of dendro cores just stay there after I woop the ass out of the enemies. Like I said, wasted potential. I would need to reajust my team just to burn those cores and just note that my team has Keqing, the best dendro core buster in the game. Can't use my main characters either (Kaeya and Noelle) since theres no reaction with them.
I agree that having Dendro just not react at all with half of the elements was a dumb decision. They could have at least done swirl and crystallize.
I'm probably the one with suspicious the most. I aways use Hu tao to make food for me and she delivers a version of suspicious most of times.
Do the suspicious dishes do anything special?

Interesting stats, this is from a tiny subsection of overall pulls, but the trend is that people were pulling for Kokomi over Ganyu in this recent banner schedule. Not that surprising since Kokomi is one of the best partners for Hydro + Dendro, but still considering she drops as a rerun with Ganyu right before 2 patches with new characters, not bad. I think the funny part here is that Ganyu seems to be hands down one of the best characters to farm Mushrooms for their regular drops since Cryo doesn't activate their alt forms. I use her to do all of my dailies lately just so I can stock up on the default mushroom drops.

zjy5f4hefeq91.png

Saber

Do the suspicious dishes do anything special?

No, they are just worse versions of the normal/basic food lmao

But if you want to know the true reason I made them is because I'm sick of npcs stealing my foods over quest or daily missions. So instead, I make good foods with Hu Tao and whener a stupid npc wants that food I just give the crappie version ones(just note that npcs reacts differently with them).

Pejo

Eh? It's the opposite. 29k Vs 35k

Or I am too tired and can't read infographics anymore
No you're right, I was looking at the %'s in the middle between the 5* and 4* split. I'm the one that's tired.

Anyways, looks like the first Kusanali kit leak is more correct than the recent one I posted? This clearly looks like her elemental skill that was rumored to be like the Fayz Trials camera.

8clva30nefq91.jpg

Saber

No you're right, I was looking at the %'s in the middle between the 5* and 4* split. I'm the one that's tired.

Anyways, looks like the first Kusanali kit leak is more correct than the recent one I posted? This clearly looks like her elemental skill that was rumored to be like the Fayz Trials camera.

8clva30nefq91.jpg

Oh I remember, the one talking about the similarities with the recent kamera event. Doesn't look big though...so not sure if it's gonna be that good.

Last edited:
  • Empathy
Reactions: Fuz

Pejo

Oh I remember, the one talking about the similarities with the recent kamera event. Doesn't look big though...so not sure if it's good be that good.
I guess it depends on if the enemies stay "locked on" after you move the reticle off of them. If they do, then it's not a big deal that the area is small.

If it works like that, we're basically getting Panzer Dragoon up in this bitch.

Pejo

So is Tighnari coming tomorrow in Perma banner?
Yes after the update he'll be in standard banner along with Collei and Dori too. Also Collei will be given if you beat Abyss 4-3.

So wait, I always fuck up the date/times for these updates. I logged in to do dailies and the banners said they are only up for another hour or so from now. Is the update today? I was expecting tomorrow, but I doubt they'd just have the game up with zero banners. So seems like the usual schedule, the game will go down in an hour then be back up by 7PM Pacific?

SSfox

Yes after the update he'll be in standard banner along with Collei and Dori too. Also Collei will be given if you beat Abyss 4-3.

So wait, I always fuck up the date/times for these updates. I logged in to do dailies and the banners said they are only up for another hour or so from now. Is the update today? I was expecting tomorrow, but I doubt they'd just have the game up with zero banners. So seems like the usual schedule, the game will go down in an hour then be back up by 7PM Pacific?
I think it change depend on the region.

It should be in less than 12H if you're in Europe/Africa. Less than that if you're Asia, and more if you're America.

Fake

Gold Member
I wanna kill those arana jez. Who tought this long ass quest was a good ideia?

And so far Collei is great, but Dendro sucks. Most of the time the dendro cores join forces with the enemy to kill me.

Last edited:
  • LOL
Reactions: Fuz

deanote666

Managed to get each area to 100%

Found all 76 Aranara. Submitted a correction to one of the aranara pins on the interactive map, will see if it goes through. There was a duplicate description but the location on the map was correct.

Still going though and not sure what all the dendro reactions actually do regarding enemy status.

Last edited:

Fake

Gold Member
Can't wait to (almost) kill this dude. Hope it's a fun and dynamic fight.

I almost sure his first phase will be similar as battle with Stormterror.
Machine in the center, you can run around him, fixed camera, the leaker talk about cryo/pyro floor, probably the megazord he is using will gonna split fire/ice in the floor.
Just can't say about phase two. Only thing we know are he will use his anemo vision and the fight will be like that anime The last airbend avatar mode,

Last edited:

Pejo

I almost sure his first phase will be similar as battle with Stormterror.
Machine in the center, you can run around him, fixed camera, the leaker talk about cryo/pyro floor, probably the megazord he is using will gonna split fire/ice in the floor.
Just can't say about phase two. Only thing we know are he will use his anemo vision and the fight will be like that anime The last airbend avatar mode,
There was the really early leaks that said you will use the Akasha Terminal 2.0 (with Kusanali's help) to throw cubes into something that make him vulnerable too.

Fake

Gold Member
There was the really early leaks that said you will use the Akasha Terminal 2.0 (with Kusanali's help) to throw cubes into something that make him vulnerable too.

My problem is the disconnection with the first GI story teller.

The first impression from the Mona comet star event is that Scaramouche would be very strong individual... Now seeing him appealing to machines, something I would expect from Doctore (Because looks like Doctore use telekiness/mind powers instead of physical power). IMO is like the new writer that did the Shogun/War rush story is doing this as well.
Can't wait to defeat Scaramouche, but I really dissapointed with this. I was expecting something like Chield fight.

Pejo

So here's the current split of weapons/characters across elements. Notice those big gaping holes with Hydro Claymore and Cryo Catalyst. It would've been kinda cool if Candace was claymore, but I guess then she couldn't use her shield, which is her whole gimmick.

zs21cuc26cq91.jpg

Fake

Gold Member
So here's the current split of weapons/characters across elements. Notice those big gaping holes with Hydro Claymore and Cryo Catalyst. It would've been kinda cool if Candace was claymore, but I guess then she couldn't use her shield, which is her whole gimmick.

zs21cuc26cq91.jpg

No hydro claymore... I really want one.

But Cryo Catalyst would be the most powerful combination to date.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Anyone here going for Cyno? He looks cool, but at the same he is a Razor 2.0 with a 5 star label.

How exactly does Candace work? Can you constantly use her shield to parry or is it a skill mechanic only?

Plus, do we have any leaks on who might come after?

Last edited:

Saber

zs21cuc26cq91.jpg

I mean, shes the first hydro polearm though. I don't think it wouldn't matter much other than that the polearm would be missing instead.
The cryo part is insane. The discrepancy with the amount of cryos and the lack of catalyst is absurd.

Anyone here going for Cyno? He looks cool, but at the same he is a Razor 2.0 with a 5 star label.

How exactly does Candace work? Can you constantly use her shield to parry or is it a skill mechanic only?

No interest in Cyno at all, but gonna pull for Candace.
Candace skill is similar to Yun Jin. Its more about holding until you get the max efficiency than a really counter-attack, like Beidou. Still works about the same though, I think it got max level when you block at the precise second, again like Yun Jin.

Last edited:

Fake

Gold Member

Cyno is a 5* Razor, probably more fast because polearms are the fastest weapons in the game. Easy skip for me. Will vary from folks here, but I not huge fan of his burst infusion. He will get some trouble figthning against Electro Slimes or Electro Abyss Heralt. Is that departament Razor is far better because he can still do physical damage while in his burst.
I imagine Xiao sittuation. A uber powerful situational dps.

Candace is a counter-attack character. I guess is like Beidou.

Last edited:

Pejo

Plus, do we have any leaks on who might come after?
Yea I'm rolling for Cyno. I'm on Guaranteed and about 20 into Pity, so I'll definitely get him. He's got an absurdly long cooldown on his Burst, but the duration lengthens if you spam his skill during the combo, so I plan on using Hydro/Dendro with him so I can apply Quicken and Hyperbloom while I wait for it to be ready again. Razor was my first DPS carry back in the day, so I'm excited to try out a 5* version. I think his moveset looks good too, Rule of Cool™ baby.

Candace is like Yun Jin's shield/counter move, less like Beidou. You hold it to "charge" the attack and then unleash to do damage. The more hits you take, the faster it charges. Beidou's is more like a timing thing which I vastly prefer, but it is what it is. Her Burst imbues Hydro to melee characters and increases all elemental damage with normal attacks, and does a few misc splashes of AoE Hydro damage.

Pretty much Yun Jin but Hydro and with a few extra bonuses, and physical characters don't want her. From the description, her Normal Attack buff should work with Yoimiya, so I'm excited to try her out paired up with her.

Next patch is Kusanali (Nahida) 5*/ Probably Layla 4* (Cryo sword shielder). Only speculation on reruns for that patch for now. Then we have Dehya supposedly in 3.5, Al Haitham, Playable Scaramouche, YaoYao, Dr. Baizhu (recently rumored 3.6 which will be like next spring). Lantern Rite is in there somewhere, so that's when we'll probably get YaoYao. Hoping there are a few surprises in between.

Pejo

29 GB on PS4, folks.

*Dies
I finally decided to uninstall the game from my standard hard drive and put it on my SSD.

I figure I have a few hours to kill anyways, and I want to see some improved load times. Sumeru's loading once you're in the game seems fine, but the initial load and any time I load into a new nation takes forever without SSD. It's funny, I originally picked this game up not expecting much or that I'd play it past the honeymoon period, despite me being a fan of Honkai Impact and knowing the devs do pretty good work. It was the right time to do a little upgrading.

There was no option to just move the files, but that's ok, a clean install is probably better to get rid of old event resources and whatnot. I noticed while playing that Genshin streams a lot of resources from disk instead of memory, so it'll be nice to take that pressure off of my old HDD anyways.

crumbs

I finally decided to uninstall the game from my standard hard drive and put it on my SSD.

I figure I have a few hours to kill anyways, and I want to see some improved load times. Sumeru's loading once you're in the game seems fine, but the initial load and any time I load into a new nation takes forever without SSD. It's funny, I originally picked this game up not expecting much or that I'd play it past the honeymoon period, despite me being a fan of Honkai Impact and knowing the devs do pretty good work. It was the right time to do a little upgrading.

There was no option to just move the files, but that's ok, a clean install is probably better to get rid of old event resources and whatnot. I noticed while playing that Genshin streams a lot of resources from disk instead of memory, so it'll be nice to take that pressure off of my old HDD anyways.
I'm surprised you made it this long playing off a HDD, that must have sucked for fast travel between regions. I started off with GI on a SATA SSD and moved it to an NVMe drive about a year ago, which was more of an improvement that I expected.

Crimsondusk

Yea I'm rolling for Cyno. I'm on Guaranteed and about 20 into Pity, so I'll definitely get him. He's got an absurdly long cooldown on his Burst, but the duration lengthens if you spam his skill during the combo, so I plan on using Hydro/Dendro with him so I can apply Quicken and Hyperbloom while I wait for it to be ready again. Razor was my first DPS carry back in the day, so I'm excited to try out a 5* version. I think his moveset looks good too, Rule of Cool™ baby.

Candace is like Yun Jin's shield/counter move, less like Beidou. You hold it to "charge" the attack and then unleash to do damage. The more hits you take, the faster it charges. Beidou's is more like a timing thing which I vastly prefer, but it is what it is. Her Burst imbues Hydro to melee characters and increases all elemental damage with normal attacks, and does a few misc splashes of AoE Hydro damage.

Pretty much Yun Jin but Hydro and with a few extra bonuses, and physical characters don't want her. From the description, her Normal Attack buff should work with Yoimiya, so I'm excited to try her out paired up with her.

Next patch is Kusanali (Nahida) 5*/ Probably Layla 4* (Cryo sword shielder). Only speculation on reruns for that patch for now. Then we have Dehya supposedly in 3.5, Al Haitham, Playable Scaramouche, YaoYao, Dr. Baizhu (recently rumored 3.6 which will be like next spring). Lantern Rite is in there somewhere, so that's when we'll probably get YaoYao. Hoping there are a few surprises in between.
Cyno's banner gets 20 pulls from me for Candace. I feel like Raiden shogun is good enough but that may change depending on how his character is depicted.

Pejo

I'm surprised you made it this long playing off a HDD, that must have sucked for fast travel between regions. I started off with GI on a SATA SSD and moved it to an NVMe drive about a year ago, which was more of an improvement that I expected.
Yea I really need to get a NVMe one of these days, but honestly it's about that time I do a full hardware refresh in a year or so anyways, so I don't have an urge to do it now. I'm running a Ryzen 7 2700x with a modest RTX 2070 Ti, so I can still play most modern games at 1080p at high settings, but I upgraded my TV to a 65" OLED last year and now I want to play at 4K, the 2070 just won't cut it, even for Genshin. It plays smooth enough but it gets so hot that it's just not worth it. I was hoping the 40 series cards would be reasonably priced since crypto has been down, but well, we saw how that went. I would love to switch to AMD cards but have never ever had good luck with them, so I continue to pay the Nvidia tax. I played Genshin on PS5 for a while, it looked great at 4K native and the load times were great, but my PS5 has something going on with its HDMI port, and I don't feel like dealing with it right now.

Cyno's banner gets 20 pulls from me for Candace. I feel like Raiden shogun is good enough but that may change depending on how his character is depicted.
Yea I'm well past needing characters to make my account stronger. If I wanted to just beat things as quickly as possible I'd just stick to my Eula or Yoimiya teams. Not that I ever haven't been, but I'm strictly rolling for characters I like, regardless of their overall strength. Then again, I think I'm one of the only people in this thread that actually drop money on packs when I'm chasing constellations or whatever. If you're strict F2P I could understand being much more choosey.

Anyone else not able to load the store from within the game? I can't redeem any of my starglitter for wishes because it doesn't load. Never had this happen before

deanote666

Managed to get Candace in 4 pulls so my guaranteed 5* is safe for now. Sitting at 76 pulls. Just scared I might accidentally open the menu and bump the summon button now since I'm pretty much 1 pull away from a 5*.

Pulled on the weapon banner and got Elegy at soft pity 67 (already had one...).

Got the Staff of scarlet sands before the 2nd soft pity. Got it on Candace.

Did the taboo of throwing a few primos at the standard banner and got Tighnari.

Caught my first Quicksand Unagi.

Last edited:

Pejo

Hot damn did I have some luck tonight. 40 pulls on Cyno banner and I had 3 5*s (Diluc, 2x Cyno), 2 Candace, and a Shinobu. I got 3 gold star 10x pulls in a row, straight up couldn't believe it. Just going to go ahead and quit while I'm ahead and save up for Kusanali now. RNG has screwed me on several occasions, but tonight, we're cool.

Did the first leg of the new Archon quest, good shit so far. Feels a LITTLE rushed, but considering everyone usually skips the story, I appreciate that they're at least putting effort in this time. Also a few CG cutscenes already too, which is nice. They really break up the usual stiff conversations and quests where the most animation you usually get from the traveler is them making a face and then putting their hand over their heart.

Unlocked all the statues of the 7 in the Desert and just poked around a bit before bed. Didn't get all the teleport waypoints yet. Really love the desert biome, it's ALMOST exactly what I wanted. I just wish it was a bit more vast and that the weather changed to sandstorms and stuff. Maybe it does and I haven't been there long enough to see it yet. I love that there are all kinds of natural things built in to make transportation easier. Grappling points, wind gusts, those little flowers that fill your stamina, etc. As suspected, Mona and Jean are exploration MVPs in the desert. Glad I spent time a few weeks ago building them to be usable.

I'm having a real hard time finding Scarabs for Cyno though, I want to get him to at least 80 ASAP so I can see what he can really do. He seems like quite a bit of fun, but since I could only get him to level 40, he dies if anything farts near him. I made the mistake of taking on a Sumpter Beast without having the ability to ranged attack or 1-2 shot them. Annoying big ass things with a stunlock multi-hit charge move.

Candace's animations are great, design is nice. I like her a lot. She's pretty strictly a support so it's gonna take some time and building to see what she can really do, but I'm happy with her. I have no idea which weapon to give Candace. She wants HP, but I'll be damned if she's getting my Homa. Black Tassel maybe, or I'll probably just slap the ol' reliable Favonius on her and soak in that ER to keep her Burst uptime high. Gave her a spare set of Noblesse artifacts to get her going. Cyno had a hand-me-down strong Gladiator set with a nice Electro cup waiting for him. That'll be fine until I figure out what permanent set he does best with.

Overall, really looking forward to no-lifing the desert this weekend, and this is 2 patches in a row of them doing a pretty bang up job. Excited to get in those pyramids and ruins eventually too.

Anyone else not able to load the store from within the game? I can't redeem any of my starglitter for wishes because it doesn't load. Never had this happen before
It was working fine for me. Do you play on PC or PS or mobile? If PC, you have the option from the updated launcher to run a file repair, you can try that.

*edit*

Here's my yearly review thing. You have to view somebody else's while logged in to get the final primogem reward.

Last edited:
Top Bottom