• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 5.0 (Natlan) - Everything Changed When the Fire Nation Arrived

crumbs

I can't believe we're getting another Yoimiya rerun. That was literally just a couple of months ago. It would make for a decent weapon banner though. I'm currently pre-farming for Kusanali and I have roughly 450 wishes saved up for her and Dehya.

Maybe they hope people will want Yoimiya now that dendro is out and she has additional value on burgeon teams? I don't have Yoimiya to test, but I recall Pejo Pejo mentioning this scenario during the dendro leaks from a couple of months ago.

Maybe they hope people will want Yoimiya now that dendro is out and she has additional value on burgeon teams? I don't have Yoimiya to test, but I recall Pejo Pejo mentioning this scenario during the dendro leaks from a couple of months ago.
That's certainly a possibility, but there's other pyro characters who need a rerun much more urgently.

Pejo

That's certainly a possibility, but there's other pyro characters who need a rerun much more urgently.
Yoimiya has a few key points that are handy everywhere, but maybe they are thinking from a Sumeru viewpoint:

• Can scorch mushrooms for that type of drop, even though I don't think anything we have uses it currently.
  • Safest Burgeoner that isn't also a shield unit with low DPS like Xinyan/Thoma.
  • Her Burst adds a lot of off-field DPS, especially if you're using a Hydro driver like Childe/DPS Kokomi/Ayato/Maybe Nilou?
But really, just as they've said in the past, they seem to just rerun whatever character they're currently featuring in an event. Yoimiya will be in the Childe/Yoimiya event, so there she is. It's a stupid system, but they've stuck to it. We still haven't had a single Shenhe rerun since her debut last Moonchase Festival.

Saber

I just gave up doing the tomb of king quest.
Like, hours of a single quest for what? Explore maze, doing puzzles over puzzles, to open a new maze with more puzzles, that leads to a tomb, only to find puzzles that require more fucking puzzles to progress.

I was at my limit. Next day I do this shit, this retarded stuff is draining me.

Last edited:
  • Empathy
Reactions: Fuz
Yoimiya has a few key points that are handy everywhere, but maybe they are thinking from a Sumeru viewpoint:

• Can scorch mushrooms for that type of drop, even though I don't think anything we have uses it currently.
  • Safest Burgeoner that isn't also a shield unit with low DPS like Xinyan/Thoma.
  • Her Burst adds a lot of off-field DPS, especially if you're using a Hydro driver like Childe/DPS Kokomi/Ayato/Maybe Nilou?
But really, just as they've said in the past, they seem to just rerun whatever character they're currently featuring in an event. Yoimiya will be in the Childe/Yoimiya event, so there she is. It's a stupid system, but they've stuck to it. We still haven't had a single Shenhe rerun since her debut last Moonchase Festival.
I was thinking of Hu Tao. Hasn't been on the banner for almost a year. Yoimiya has obvious advantages, but is that enough to justify another rerun? Ultimately MHY just does what it wants. Zhongli's, Ganyu's and Kokomi's reruns were completely unrelated to the patch's content too.

Saber

It's not just you: Geo, Cryo, and Anemo don't directly react to dendro at all.

Since Anemo can swirl hydro, pyro, and electro, it can still be indirectly helpful in facilitating dendro reactions.

I do think it's weird that geo doesn't at least have a crystalize reaction with dendro. Not sure how the devs could change geo to make it more relevant outside of shields and mono-geo teams.

This dendro stuff is all a mess, thanks to how gimmick is. Hence why so far I have only one team with Dendro and don't particulary feel interested on invested in anyone. I mean, I can't even use my favorite characters with them(Kaeya and Ayaka), so why even bother.
It's their own fault for keeping this stupid shit with geo. Nothing, and I say nothing really stops them for making geo to react to Dendro. They could generate dendro shield pretty much, but I guess they don't want geo interefere with the gimmicks reaction.

They don't even need to remove the shield generation process, just make them give additional proprierties according with the reaction made. For instance, pyro shield could increases ATK of pyro characters under it's protection, hydro shield could increase max Hp, etc.

Last edited:

Saber

Thats one annoying theme. It's way too much focused on vocals, they're trying so hard to make it feel like its a badass theme that the theme itself it's totally loss on this one.

Signora was way more in tone with her theme, fit with the way she is and acts.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fuz

Nankatsu

Gold Member
I'm currently behind in the story, but I wish this time loop plot would be implemented when we do our pulls too

Fire Plotting GIF by Studio Redfrog

Pejo

Good stuff as usual from their music team. I actually really like vocal songs in videogames for key moments, so this is right up my alley. The drop is fantastic too.

Is that latin?

Anyways, nearly done with Cyno, talents 7/7/7 and at level 80, also got a random Gladiator EM sands while fighting the Electro vine that rolled Crit/CritDMG/ATK/ATK%, so I'm gonna level that up later. I need 50 some odd Scarabs still for the last ascension, so Fake Fake or Saber Saber if you guys are on tonight and still are willing to let me snipe your bugs, I'd appreciate it.

He can stand toe-to-toe with any enemy in Sumeru now except those god damn desert Sumpter beasts who toss him around like a ragdoll. He supposedly gets increased interruption resistance when he's in his transformed mode, but it's not enough to not get assblasted by a charging sumpter beast. Those things are a nightmare for any unshielded melee character.

He's getting quite strong now. There's still some growth potential there in character level/weapon level/talents/artifacts, but I'm guessing he'll cap out at around 2k ATK, 80% crit, 140~ crit damage, and about 260EM. The EM is on the lower end but these artifacts were Gladiator hand-me-downs mostly from my previous Eula build, so it is what it is. I could also try to get a decent roll on one of the CDMG Gladiator hats since 80%+ crit rate is a bit much, but I like seeing consistent crits with him considering he's a very fast attacker. I have him paired with a level 50 Dori and Collei for now to farm friendship while I do dailies and stuff, and that team kinda works. It'd be better if Dori was built better and had better uptime on her Burst, but she works reasonably well as a battery with her quick Elemental Skill cooldown. Cyno, like Keqing, pretty much requires Dendro to perform well with Quicken/Aggravate.

Still, I'm getting 5-9k normal attacks transformed during his burst with big damage spikes for both Aggravated hits and when you use his skill when the "eye" icon blinks on screen. It's kind of a unique move in that the "upgraded" version of it fires multiple bolts of lightning along the ground but they can actually all hit an enemy simultaneously if you're close enough, so it actually multiplies the damage quite a bit, especially on larger enemies. There's still a bit of a dance you have to play in that you want to pretty much lead with his burst to allow yourself time to regenerate some Energy before you kill the enemy group. My downtime with his burst is a lot better now that I'm learning how to use him better. He's not a meta damage dealer, but he's strong and fun to play. I think eventually he'll sit in a spot that he's one of the better burst damage dealing Electro characters, probably 2nd to Shogun. Obviously Shogun can also be an amazing off-field supporter and battery though, which he absolutely cannot do.

When it's all said and done, I think a reasonable team for him will be Cyno/Collei/Dori/a gathering Anemo character. Obviously Kaz being the best and Sucrose being 2nd. I'll also try out an Electro Taser team eventually with him/Beidou/Yelan/Kokomi. It'll be interesting to see if both he and Beidou can keep their bursts charged in that team.

*edit*
I'm currently behind in the story, but I wish this time loop plot would be implemented when we do our pulls too

Fire Plotting GIF by Studio Redfrog

Unfortunately it's all a dream, just like your good pulls would be.

Last edited:

Fake

Gold Member
I was expecting something similar to Elden Ring OST... but for me at least the Theme is mix bag.

Bare in mind that this theme is incomplete. There are phase 2... or even phase 3 if exist.

Saber

Pejo Pejo as usual, just send me a message in game and you're good to go.

If GI didn't have this stupid "World" instead of the name of the friend I would really appreciate.

edit: I finally finished the quest, after hours...somebody kill me...

Last edited:

Fake

Gold Member
Huge let down
not making Scaramouche fightning by himself. Would be like 999% better if we destroy the robot and from the piles, Scaramouche use electro to knockdown the pile of robot parts away from him and fight normally. Would be very epic.

Last edited:

Pejo

Huge let down
not making Scaramouche fightning by himself. Would be like 999% better if we destroy the robot and from the piles, Scaramouche use electro to knockdown the pile of robot parts away from him and fight normally. Would be very epic.
Actually that would be pretty cool. Kind of a reverse of how the other Harbingers have been.

Would be even better if after you beat his regular humanoid form, you get to beat him and kick him while he's down and he ragdolls all over the arena until you've had your fill and collect the leyline rewards or exit.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
If that's the only stage, Scaramoche boss fight looks lame as hell.

In other news, I've joined the Cyno family boys. Now I just need to decide if I go for his weapon or save for Nahida.

But since I've got his 2nd best in slot, think I'm gonna save.

Last edited:

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Question about sumeru: what am I supposed to do when I spot those little vegetable faries?

Paimon always goes "Hey look, it's a fairie" but that's just it.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
All these new reactions with dendro are cool and all, until you start to notice it takes a much heavier load in the game and the framerate starts to drop when 80% of your screen is numbers popping up like crazy (I'm on PS5) .

Last edited:

Fake

Gold Member
Genshin Impact leaks reddit: 'I hope they don't nerf Scaramouche like they did with Chield.'

Also Genshin Impact leaks reddit: 'Glad I have Zhongli.'

Pejo

he is using the command /stats attack 80000, that is a private server with a god mode.
Yea I was just being facetious.

Question about sumeru: what am I supposed to do when I spot those little vegetable faries?

Paimon always goes "Hey look, it's a fairie" but that's just it.
You eventually have to interact with all of them (yes every single one you find in the overworld) and either give them something, play them a song, hit them with dendro, or do a minigame, which sends them somewhere else for a story event. If you managed to collect them all, you get a bunch of treasure chests at the end of the questline (like 20~ chests total) and some other stuff. If you can't currently interact with them, mark them as crumbs crumbs mentioned and come back to them after you progress in the quest that InterMusketeer InterMusketeer mentioned. The chests themselves have the usual stuff in them, so if you're not a completionist it's also ok to just get the ones you see later and call it a day, but there are primogems in each chest so...

Pejo

Genshin Impact leaks reddit: 'I hope they don't nerf Scaramouche like they did with Chield.'

Also Genshin Impact leaks reddit: 'Glad I have Zhongli.'
Part of me wonders if MHY's battle design team wishes that when they buffed Zhongli that they actually made him a DPS like players wanted at the time. He's gotta be a nightmare to design encounters around, since he trivializes all bosses with exception of maybe Signora.

Anyways, more pics of the Sumeru teapot realm. They're big assholes for not including a few desert themed islands too. The Jack and the Beanstalk theme is fine for 1-2 islands but it looks boring as fuck for the whole thing:

np9zdt3ya7r91.png

7rlavz18c7r91.png

b4l7iz4hc7r91.png

ir4r022oc7r91.png

z4hcw6xsc7r91.png

*edit*

Fuz Fuz
Did you get in on the Phase 2 of the event boss rush zeitgeist last night? That was the most fun I had in ToF since the game released. Just endless parties spamming boss kills on every channel, bosses were lasting like 30 seconds, the servers shat themselves multiple times and everyone was running around in T-Poses. I cleared the whole shop after basically not farming phase 1 at all and then had enough stockpiled to immediately clear phase 3. It's funny how the playerbase reacts the second something isn't time/progress gated lol.

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
Fuz Fuz
Did you get in on the Phase 2 of the event boss rush zeitgeist last night? That was the most fun I had in ToF since the game released. Just endless parties spamming boss kills on every channel, bosses were lasting like 30 seconds, the servers shat themselves multiple times and everyone was running around in T-Poses. I cleared the whole shop after basically not farming phase 1 at all and then had enough stockpiled to immediately clear phase 3. It's funny how the playerbase reacts the second something isn't time/progress gated lol.

I'm doing a few of them right now, before switching to Genshin. I can't even see the bosses, the moment I get teleported they're dead already.
By the way, got also the walker a few days ago. Now I just need the broom and unicorn.
Man, ToF is so much less stressing than GI.

Last edited:

Larxia

This game is making me sad.

I never managed to get all the stars in abyss 12, I'm really struggling.
My teams are Kazuha / Bennett / Xiangling / Xingqiu, and Ayaka / Mona / Diona / Venti.

People suggested me to put Kazuha in the second team instead, and replace Kazuha with Sucrose in the first team, but I didn't build Sucrose yet. So I had to build her. The result is terrible and I can't get anything good. People now told me it's because of the stats on my Xiangling, and start telling me to use artifacts with this substat, this substat etc...

Sometimes it feels like I'm not playing the same game as some other people. You don't just "choose" the stats on the artifacts.
The artifacts are really killing the game for me.

I haven't pulled for new characters in like a year, because of this. I really can't stand grinding for artifacts anymore. I already did it for other characters before, I don't feel like doing this whole tedious process again. But it makes me sad because I don't really want to stop the game, I like the exploration and I would like getting new characters etc, but I'm totally demotivated from getting new characters because of the grind, completely.

There are some characters that seem cool, but they aren't worth the investement, I would be more enclined to play them if it didn't require this much work.

The effect is really counter productive for me, since I'm not getting any new characters anymore.

I don't know, I got really frustrated today, just needed to vent about it, but yeah, I'm sad the game works this way, it would be so much more fun if we could more easily vary characters and play style.

Nankatsu

Gold Member

My teams are Kazuha / Bennett / Xiangling / Xingqiu, and Ayaka / Mona / Diona / Venti.

People suggested me to put Kazuha in the second team instead, and replace Kazuha with Sucrose in the first team, but I didn't build Sucrose yet. So I had to build her. The result is terrible and I can't get anything good. People now told me it's because of the stats on my Xiangling, and start telling me to use artifacts with this substat, this substat etc...

Sometimes it feels like I'm not playing the same game as some other people. You don't just "choose" the stats on the artifacts.

I haven't pulled for new characters in like a year, because of this. I really can't stand grinding for artifacts anymore. I already did it for other characters before, I don't feel like doing this whole tedious process again. But it makes me sad because I don't really want to stop the game, I like the exploration and I would like getting new characters etc, but I'm totally demotivated from getting new characters because of the grind, completely.

There are some characters that seem cool, but they aren't worth the investement, I would be more enclined to play them if it didn't require this much work.

The effect is really counter productive for me, since I'm not getting any new characters anymore.

I don't know, I got really frustrated today, just needed to vent about it, but yeah, I'm sad the game works this way, it would be so much more fun if we could more easily vary characters and play style.

My advice as someone who's been playing since launch but dropped the game multiple times is...take a break from the grinding aspect when it starts to take toll on you. Either leave the game a bit or just do the activities that you like doing.

Don't go down the artifact manic route, it will burn you out.

Oh and don't worry about spiral abyss, I haven't cleared all floors too and don't plan to stress out with it in the future. I actually don't like the mode that much to be honest.

Play at your own pace and have fun.

Last edited:

Either you accept that artifact farming is part of the experience if you want to clear the hardest content in the game, or you just give up on that goal and enjoy the less demanding aspects like the events and story. I mean, what are you missing out on? 150 primos max every couple of weeks? If it's affecting you to the point that you won't even pull on any banners anymore, you need to think about your priorities.

I did want to get those 36 stars, but I was also willing to brave the mind-numbing and soul-crushing artifact domains for months on end. And they're still not done, most of my characters still need big improvements. Everyone's suffering when it comes to artifacts.

Regardless of what you decide, I will say this: Your account will stagnate if you don't pull. Pulling doesn't just give you new characters but also constellations and weapons/refinements. It's the best method to improve your characters' power without farming. You're also going to bore yourself to tears if you don't get fun new toys to play with, because that's how this game's designed. Treat yourself to a new character. Just throw some junk gear on 'em. The game will feel fresh again, opening up new possibilties. Perhaps you'll reignite that passion to improve them again.

Fuz

Banned
fucktheunderground.jpg
Man, I love the big desert pop-in is really bad toh. Shame they had to ruin it with that fucking gigantic underground.
By the by, wasn't burgeon supposed to damage you too? Because I'm burgeoning the shit out of my enemies with Diluc who needs new lighter clothes and never got any damage.

Post it on reddit. They do monitor it. More ranting = more chances things get better.
Either you accept that artifact farming is part of the experience if you want to clear the hardest content in the game, or you just give up on that goal and enjoy the less demanding aspects like the events and story. I mean, what are you missing out on? 150 primos max every couple of weeks? If it's affecting you to the point that you won't even pull on any banners anymore, you need to think about your priorities.
And that's me. Fuck domains. I actually got some good artifacts, but fuck domains. I'm not gonna commit to that shit again. I do my weekly 15 and fuck off. I just ignore abyss, mostly.
Staying WL6 was by far the best choice I made since I started to play.

Last edited:

Larxia

I did want to get those 36 stars, but I was also willing to brave the mind-numbing and soul-crushing artifact domains for months on end. And they're still not done, most of my characters still need big improvements. Everyone's suffering when it comes to artifacts.

Regardless of what you decide, I will say this: Your account will stagnate if you don't pull. Pulling doesn't just give you new characters but also constellations and weapons/refinements. It's the best method to improve your characters' power without farming. You're also going to bore yourself to tears if you don't get fun new toys to play with, because that's how this game's designed. Treat yourself to a new character. Just throw some junk gear on 'em. The game will feel fresh again, opening up new possibilties. Perhaps you'll reignite that passion to improve them again.
I once managed to get 8 stars in Abyss 12, that's my max, but never 9.
But Abyss 12 always drive me crazy, so maybe I shouldn't really try it anymore indeed, it never ends well, I always end up frustrated lol.

About pulling, I don't know...
I have a lot of pulls available now, I have enough to do about 250 pulls and I'm F2P lol (I don't do dailies though, I stoped doing these a while ago too because I found it too repetitive, I don't like doing things where it feels like it becomes a job rather than just fun, so most of my primos come from the events and such.)

I'm also really close to the pitty actually, which is a bit problematic because I wanted Candace, I love her design, her and Dehya are my two favorite female character designs in the game, but I'm not interested in Cyno at all, so it would be a shame to waste a pitty on a 5* I'm not interested in.
From what I heard, Dehya will be a 4* too, which is a shame, I wanted her to be 5*.

I don't really know when I'll pull again. But you're right about weapons, I'm often having problems with lack of weapons when I try to build new characters.

Larxia

She's 5★.

Dehya is a 5* star Pyro Claymore, buffs related to burning.
Wait is that confirmed? When I first saw her in the sumeru trailer and immediatly got interested, I remember reading she was 4* and got disappointed.
It's great if she's 5*, hopefully she will be great! And that actually make some characters "easier" to get, because if you're unlucky, it can be really hard to target some 4* actually.

I'm surprised she will be coming so late though, since she was in the initial sumeru reveal trailer.

Larxia

Leaks. The same leaking the material we post here.

So far they're right about everything.
If she was coming soon she would be my next 5* I'd try to pull and use my pitty on (I'm in 50/50 though), but right now I'm not sure if I'll try something inbetween or not.

Last edited:
I once managed to get 8 stars in Abyss 12, that's my max, but never 9.
But Abyss 12 always drive me crazy, so maybe I shouldn't really try it anymore indeed, it never ends well, I always end up frustrated lol.

About pulling, I don't know...
I have a lot of pulls available now, I have enough to do about 250 pulls and I'm F2P lol (I don't do dailies though, I stoped doing these a while ago too because I found it too repetitive, I don't like doing things where it feels like it becomes a job rather than just fun, so most of my primos come from the events and such.)

I'm also really close to the pitty actually, which is a bit problematic because I wanted Candace, I love her design, her and Dehya are my two favorite female character designs in the game, but I'm not interested in Cyno at all, so it would be a shame to waste a pitty on a 5* I'm not interested in.
From what I heard, Dehya will be a 4* too, which is a shame, I wanted her to be 5*.

I don't really know when I'll pull again. But you're right about weapons, I'm often having problems with lack of weapons when I try to build new characters.
Abyss is made for whales to show off their busted characters. F2P will always struggle. I often have to retry floor 12 multiple times, even all the way from the start to ensure I can get all 9 stars. It's not worth it for most players, unless you enjoy that challenge.

It's smart to be careful with your pulls. It sounded like you were in a slump, about to give up on the game. If that were the case, I'd just try pulling for Candace. Hope you lose the 50/50 if it triggers. But it's best to wait for a character you like. Dehya is rumored to be a 5 star as mentioned by others, but could take a while before she arrives. I assume she'll pair nicely with Kusanali. Maybe consider pulling for her next patch? 180 wishes is enough to guarantee Dehya.

Top Bottom