• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 5.0 (Natlan) - Everything Changed When the Fire Nation Arrived

Pejo

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY​

tco_-_2021-11-09T153300.410.jpg

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Im confused about Cyno lore wise

In the trailer that explains rukkedevata past lore, you can see him there. He is like what Xiao was to Zhongli? Some kind of Archon bodyguard?

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Please add a faster skip button for dialogue. Fishcl is pure torture to my ears... Every...Single...Time!

PS: Wine festival is boring af

Last edited:

Pejo

Im confused about Cyno lore wise

In the trailer that explains rukkedevata past lore, you can see him there. He is like what Xiao was to Zhongli? Some kind of Archon bodyguard?
No it's an ancestor. Maybe that's the headdress of the head of the Matra that kind of gets passed down, or just a cultural headdress.

Fuz

Banned
PSA

Randomly looking for the blackguards for the new spear I've found this:
01.jpg

02.jpg
I'm usually quite thorough, not sure if it's new or I missed it at the time.

Pejo

PSA

Randomly looking for the blackguards for the new spear I've found this:
01.jpg

02.jpg
I'm usually quite thorough, not sure if it's new or I missed it at the time.
Isn't that one of the main Chasm quest NPCs? What did she ask you to do?

Pejo

She is badass, but that cat ears ruin everthing for me.
They're not ears though, just hair bumps. Going for a cat look for sure, but I think some of the desert Sumeru characters have been going for an Egyptian God theme. I think she looks great and is the only 5* we know about that I'm excited for outside of Kusanali.
5rj6aeux6am91.jpg

Cyno is obviously giving Anubis vibes
Dehya gives me Bastet vibes, the cat goddess
Candace could be a reference to Nut, who was the goddess of the sky and stars.
Desert King is probably going for Ra references, considering his statues and the lore we have so far.
Layla could also be a reference to Nut, but I doubt it considering they seem to be splitting the character groups between the lush jungle India region and the Desert Egyptian region.

This is kinda exciting if they are doing some god references, because we could see some yet-unrevealed characters that represent some of the other more interesting gods like Set (the big villain god, associated with storms, evil, desertification) Osiris (the first mummy) and Isis (his wife), Sobek (god of crocodiles and already has an oasis named after him in the game), Serket (Scorpion queen), and Thoth (Also known as Jehuty, who is the one we're most likely to see, thematically).

We already have a lot of nods to these Egyptian gods with the enemies and animals spread around the desert (scorpions and vultures, each having their own gods). They also have some weirder gods that aren't as popular like the goddess of hippos and the baboon man.

Anyways, I'm a big fan of Egyptian mythology, so the desert half of Sumeru has been great for me.

Pejo Pejo what are your hit numbers when using Cyno during burst? Just for me to have an idea how mine is performing, even thought mine is C0.
I'll have to check later, I haven't kept track after getting his weapon and talents finished. To my recollection, normals (during burst) are 18k-30k, depending if quicken/VV effect is active, usage of his skill depends on if you get the timing correct or not and how close/big the enemies are, but they're probably doing 30k each x how ever many hit. I nearly 1 shotted some Ruin Drakes today doing daily commissions with a use of his skill during the eye icon.

Last edited:

Pejo

See, look at that, she's got something for everybody:
i like her, she looks like an egyptian prostitute, if she has a fun kit i will definitely pull for her.

I hope to god the "specializes in burning reaction" murmurs either aren't true or that it's not in a limiting way like Nilou. Burning sucks ass and is not a compelling mechanic. Even Burgeon would be better, which I actually find quite a bit of fun to set up and explode.

rKv1Gw1.jpg

Pejo

My Kazuha.

My current understanding of anemo (doesn't mean I'm right) is that they need high EM to maximize swirl damage.
Kaz and Sucrose specifically buff party members with their own EM, so it's even more important than just Swirl damage.

That said, I think that Crit Rate is a more important stat than ATK, if you had the artifacts to be picky.

Fake

Gold Member
My Kazuha.

My current understanding of anemo (doesn't mean I'm right) is that they need high EM to maximize swirl damage.

Elemental Reaction depends of Elemental Master.

If you want a good Swirl damage, increase EM, if you want a good Anemo damage, either increase ATK or Anemo Damage.

Critical Rate is a rare attribute, so you either at the mercy of RNG, or reserve the last artifact for Crit Rate or a weapon with critical rate as secondary attribute.

Kaz and Sucrose specifically buff party members with their own EM, so it's even more important than just Swirl damage.

That said, I think that Crit Rate is a more important stat than ATK, if you had the artifacts to be picky.

Crit Rate only works well if Crit Damage follow.

Last edited:

Pejo

Wtf...

This video was taken with 2 pieces of potato bread duct taped together, but look at the insane interruption resist that Nahida has in aiming mode.

Wtf...

This video was taken with 2 pieces of potato bread duct taped together, but look at the insane interruption resist that Nahida has in aiming mode.
S-tier unit right there. Hope they don't nerf it.

The lotus flowers she needs are surprisingly easy to get. They're nicely clustered together.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Wtf...

Guess all the resistance interruption budget went for her, reason why Cyno's legit shit in comparison.

Thierry Henry Smile GIF by hamlet

Last edited:

Pejo

Guess all the resistance interruption budget went for her, reason why Cyno's legit shit in comparison.

Thierry Henry Smile GIF by hamlet
I almost think Cyno's is bugged with how worthless it is. The only time I don't get hit out of stuff usually is during the animation of his skill while his burst is up. During normal attacks it's a crapshoot.

So I was messing around with Nvidia Shadowplay tonight, something I never used before, and took a few vids of my Cyno vs. the new robot bosses. I recorded and uploaded 2 average runs, these aren't perfect rotations and I think I missed a Swirl on the Drake, but you can see numbers and his effectiveness. I even missed an application of his skill on A.S.M.O.N. Looks like I was a bit off about his numbers. I'm seeing lows around 12k (but I think that might be Yae's bolts not Cyno's attacks) with highs into the 50ks.

Shadowplay isn't bad. I've always turned it off when I do first time setups on my PCs because of the 5% performance hit, but it's nice to have when you want it.

*edit*

Looks like Nahida gives everyone that godlike resistance buff if you're in her dome:

sz5h1gy0nlr91.jpg

Last edited:

Nankatsu

Gold Member
I almost think Cyno's is bugged with how worthless it is. The only time I don't get hit out of stuff usually is during the animation of his skill while his burst is up. During normal attacks it's a crapshoot.

So I was messing around with Nvidia Shadowplay tonight, something I never used before, and took a few vids of my Cyno vs. the new robot bosses. I recorded and uploaded 2 average runs, these aren't perfect rotations and I think I missed a Swirl on the Drake, but you can see numbers and his effectiveness. I even missed an application of his skill on A.S.M.O.N. Looks like I was a bit off about his numbers. I'm seeing lows around 12k (but I think that might be Yae's bolts not Cyno's attacks) with highs into the 50ks.

Shadowplay isn't bad. I've always turned it off when I do first time setups on my PCs because of the 5% performance hit, but it's nice to have when you want it.

*edit*

Looks like Nahida gives everyone that godlike resistance buff if you're in her dome:

sz5h1gy0nlr91.jpg

Shocked Ice Cube GIF

Those are some impressive numbers, I'm nowhere near that (I'm still at level 80, Talents at level 6 - but I'm sure I won't get anywhere near those numbers when I max him).

Jean seems like a very interesting option. I really like my C2 Kazuha - specially the swirl - burst - swirl combo -, but I could try her too down the road, since she heals and well, Kazuha doesn't. I've never used her since I randomly got her. She is still at level 1.

Regarding Nahida, well, if she increases resistance to interruption she is a must for Cyno. Guess I'll be saving for her from now on.

Last edited:

Larxia

I tried the new abyss and as always, managed to get all stars in all floors / rooms except the last one. I was using a cryo team and the final boss seems to be impossible with that.
I hate this because, if it's not possible, it shouldn't be possible right from the first room, it's frustrating when you manage to go through all of it with all stars and then be stuck against the final room because your team doesn't work, waste of time.

Maybe it's me but sometimes it feels like they expect us to replay the abyss multiple times with different teams to get the all the stars one by one at each attempt, like being bad on purpose on some rooms to optimize the next one with full energy / the right team etc, which is honestly not interesting.

Also this new interview :messenger_astonished: They don't want to add endgame content outside of abyss because they say it could create anxiety / frustration for players, like if all the rest wasn't designed about frustration, right artifacts? :messenger_loudly_crying:

Fake

Gold Member
Leaving this interview here
I worry for Genshin's future. It's obvious the devs have no clue what they're doing.

"We don't want to make the game too complex!" they say after introducing the most complex element which has two reactions for each element. Also, adding a crystallize or swirl for Dendro doesn't make the game more complex. It's the exceptions that make things confusing and difficult. They must've never attempted to learn a new language.

"We don't want to add more endgame stuff because it will make people anxious!" First off: it's your job to make content that's fun. If you can't, you're doing something wrong. Second, half of your game revolves around making your characters stronger with artifacts, constellations and weapons. Of course the most involved players are gonna want more endgame stuff. Side content will never be a replacement for that. It's like Genshin has an identity crisis. Doesn't know what it wants to be.

The devs have no vision for the future, no ambition and no understanding of their own game. Things are looking great.

I tried the new abyss and as always, managed to get all stars in all floors / rooms except the last one. I was using a cryo team and the final boss seems to be impossible with that.
Yeah I had the same issue. Didn't know about the enemies that require electro to defeat because I haven't been to the desert yet. It's not like those enemies are hard or anything, it's just annoying to slot in a specific element just for those rooms. They should just have a pop-up that says these rooms require X element to save us some time and frustration.

Saber

Just remind you guys that Sumeru, just like Inazuma, is harder than the first areas. The point they made is that they want people to believe the areas grow stronger as you go, which is indeed a thing of rpgs.
Problem is that the rewards are the same.
Just imagine you playing a DQ game, you face a slime and it has the same rewards as Black Dragon.
So, I'm facing Eremites, which has a huge boost in their resistances, are bullet sponges while are immune to disarm once they active their forms. And when you beat them, your reward is a common treasure box with the same rewards as Monstad.

Also, talk about not creating frustration with a game full of frustation mechanics, like rng over rng artifacts and gatchas.

Will they stop making geo characters, at this point?

Nah.
They can aways make like ultra strong characters(with god tier scales), but at same time crap characters(like this new one with scales that barelly reach 30%).

If people don't like Dendro, they aways can force you to put Dendro in your team by creating a mechanic or an enemy that can only be defeated by Dendro. Take Sumeru dungeons for instance, they "suggest" Dendro but unless you have a Dendro to activate the flower mechanic, you will not advance in the dungeon.

Last edited:

Fake

Gold Member
Is so fucking absurd that if I'm too close to the enemy when I try to make burning reaction, not only I got burning myself, but myself inflict burning make more damage on me than in the enemies.

I have no words for this mess. I advance in Abyss simply by removing Collei from my team.

Last edited:
Is so fucking absurd that if I'm too close to the enemy when I try to make burning reaction, not only I got burning myself, but myself inflict burning make more damage on me than in the enemies.

I have no words for this mess. I advance in Abyss simply by removing Collei from my team.
No worries, they'll fix burning by introducing a new character that can actually use it effectively. You're welcome!

Pejo

Also this new interview :messenger_astonished: They don't want to add endgame content outside of abyss because they say it could create anxiety / frustration for players, like if all the rest wasn't designed about frustration, right artifacts? :messenger_loudly_crying:
Well to be fair, you're proving their point with this post.

I don't see a problem with having to try a few times to do the hardest content in the game, but people get anxious and have FOMO if they don't get every star and every reward on the first run through. So do they make hard endgame content or just make another side activity that players just breeze through and say "where's muh challenging content?" I'd imagine that the hardest part from a dev angle is taking into account the massive playerbase and skill/gear/grinding/whaling discrepancy levels and trying to make something for everyone.

To me, the later floors of Abyss is there for YouTubers that talk about meta 24/7, tryhards that want somewhere to show off, and people that are into squeezing everything they can out of their characters. It's not for people like me, so I don't stress about it. Sometimes I might feel like trying it, usually I skip a whole cycle without even loading in to the Abyss. I don't get caught up in the viewpoint that "OMG a few hundred primos, I gotta do it or I'll be forever left behind!" I also don't do a lot of the Hoyolab posting activities outside game crap that they do for 60-100 primogems a piece, and do not lose any sleep about not doing that.

Leaving this interview here, don't know if someone has already posted it:

Seems like Geo is not in the run to react with dendro. Great.

They want us to flex multiple composition teams.

Face Palm GIF
Man, that's one of the most annoying interviews I've ever read. Most times they don't even address the question being asked. These two points got me especially assblasted:

Genshin Impact is going into year two with an ever-expanding roster. Some older characters might get left behind as power creep settles in and newer characters become much stronger choices. Is there a plan in place to potentially upgrade older characters and make them more viable?

If a character is only assessed by a single dimension of numerical strength, power creep could indeed be an issue. However, in Genshin Impact, [the] rules of gameplay [are more impactful] than how strong a character is. Therefore, new battlegrounds, new challenge levels, or even new team builds, all have potential to bring new life to existing content.
"Our characters don't suck and don't need balance and performance adjustments, you just can't build your team correctly, filthy player." Meanwhile I look at Amber that takes 10x the effort to do literally anything any other Pyro DPS can do. Also, nearly half the cast is under 10% usage in the game's most challenging mode:

rkmuuh8026r91.png

Perfectly balanced. Can't believe you guys just can't make your Aloys and Lisas work.

The world of Teyvat continues to expand, giving players so many more challenges to complete daily (Domains, bosses, Ley Lines). Is there a chance we see a cap increase for Original Resin, or a quicker regeneration rate to allow players to take on more of these challenges each day?

Domains, bosses, and Ley Lines are important means to farm character and weapon ascension materials, and resins [are] required to claim these items as rewards. Meanwhile, we're also providing more options for gamers to obtain character development items. For example, many character and weapon ascension materials can be obtained and redeemed from events that we run periodically.
They literally didn't even address the point that the interviewer was asking - "Will resin bottlenecks be alleviated in the future?" "Resin is an important resource. Thank you, next question!"

Then there's the "Can we get some Traveler customization" questions and they're basically saying, "No plans." Fuck off MHY. If I could swap out Aether's belly shirt for an Inazuma Hakama or something, I'd do it right away.

Maybe there's some translation issues for the interview, but this comes off like the dev being interviewed doesn't give 2 shits what this interviewer is asking.

• Triggered
Reactions: Fuz

deanote666

Well to be fair, you're proving their point with this post.

I don't see a problem with having to try a few times to do the hardest content in the game, but people get anxious and have FOMO if they don't get every star and every reward on the first run through. So do they make hard endgame content or just make another side activity that players just breeze through and say "where's muh challenging content?" I'd imagine that the hardest part from a dev angle is taking into account the massive playerbase and skill/gear/grinding/whaling discrepancy levels and trying to make something for everyone.

To me, the later floors of Abyss is there for YouTubers that talk about meta 24/7, tryhards that want somewhere to show off, and people that are into squeezing everything they can out of their characters. It's not for people like me, so I don't stress about it. Sometimes I might feel like trying it, usually I skip a whole cycle without even loading in to the Abyss. I don't get caught up in the viewpoint that "OMG a few hundred primos, I gotta do it or I'll be forever left behind!" I also don't do a lot of the Hoyolab posting activities outside game crap that they do for 60-100 primogems a piece, and do not lose any sleep about not doing that.

Man, that's one of the most annoying interviews I've ever read. Most times they don't even address the question being asked. These two points got me especially assblasted:

"Our characters don't suck and don't need balance and performance adjustments, you just can't build your team correctly, filthy player." Meanwhile I look at Amber that takes 10x the effort to do literally anything any other Pyro DPS can do. Also, nearly half the cast is under 10% usage in the game's most challenging mode:

rkmuuh8026r91.png

Perfectly balanced. Can't believe you guys just can't make your Aloys and Lisas work.
My Yanfei is a beast. I use her more than Klee.

Built my Lisa up but haven't used her in abyss.

I use Diluc most of the time. in abyss.

Guess that's why I've only beaten abyss once and didn't get full stars.

Saber

My Yanfei is a beast. I use her more than Klee.

Built my Lisa up but haven't used her in abyss.

I use Diluc most of the time. in abyss.

Guess that's why I've only beaten abyss once and didn't get full stars.

Problem with Yanfei is that the game itself was not made for charge attack users.
She needs stamina and needs enemies to not interrupt her, including elemental skill as well. And when you take into count running to avoid enemies attacks, before you know her stamina is drained. I use her alot with my Kazuha/Ayaka team, since Kazuha can pretty much let enemies open for her charge attacks.

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
I don't see a problem with having to try a few times to do the hardest content in the game, but people get anxious and have FOMO if they don't get every star and every reward on the first run through.
It's because it's not fun.

yeah, they're fucking insufferable pieces of shit.
They chose the most annoying, assolish way to answer the questions.

Last edited:

deanote666

Had some human enemies and mushrooms team up to attack me.

It bugs me when all mobs attack you when, realistically, it would be a free for all.

Overworld enemies aren't hard. It wouldn't make much of a difference if they shifted their agro a few seconds every once in awhile.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Man, I'm loving the riot that the community is making about the developer's interview to GameSpot.

The amount of GI videos on youtube about this is off the charts

Oh The Drama GIF by MOODMAN

Fuz

Banned
Sounds like that's part of the Archon quest.
Yeah, I completed that a few days ago and those "three magis" don't appear, ever.
Had some human enemies and mushrooms team up to attack me.

It bugs me when all mobs attack you when, realistically, it would be a free for all.

Overworld enemies aren't hard. It wouldn't make much of a difference if they shifted their agro a few seconds every once in awhile.
I loved DAoC - monster that were natural enemies often battled each other. It was super fun.

Fuz

Banned
Man, I'm loving the riot that the community is making about the developer's interview to GameSpot.

Is this sarcasm?

Oh man, I love how the community is up in arms for the 2nd anniversary.

Pejo

Good. They would have been much further ahead by simply not doing that interview. Smug fucks, always doing stupid shit around the anniversary.

deanote666

Yeah, I completed that a few days ago and those "three magis" don't appear, ever.

I loved DAoC - monster that were natural enemies often battled each other. It was super fun.
I only skimmed it since I don't want spoilers and I'm not that far yet but looks like it is part of Archon Chapter III, part IV.

Top Bottom